Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin's Guitar Playing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin's Guitar Playing  (Read 28760 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 05:16:27 PM »

Re: Robin's Guitar Playing

To borrow a phrase from Axl, "if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to (it)"? ? ok

"You?ve got the haters out there but the guys in this band it just rolls off their shoulders because they take a certain pride in their work. They?re hungry and they want to do this for all the right reasons. They want to get this material out there to the people."? Amen to that Axl.? ?beer

axl has hungry players, to bad axl doesn't have that hunger anymore living the pampered life in his mansion...

as for the topic, everyone fucks up live what can you do..
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 06:11:32 PM »

Live performances are subject to a lot more things variables than that which the controlled studio environment allows.

Exactly. It's only live that ur real guitar skills show (modifying, improvising). It's not easy playing in front of thousands of people. Anybody can do shit in a studio. Heck, when i make mistakes in my recordings, I just keep playing till i get it right and replace my mistakes...

Slash may have been playing in key but he hit all the wrong notes. That is sometimes worse. You can play something out of key and it still can sound good.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 06:35:30 PM »

Live performances are subject to a lot more things variables than that which the controlled studio environment allows.

Exactly. It's only live that ur real guitar skills show (modifying, improvising). It's not easy playing in front of thousands of people. Anybody can do shit in a studio. Heck, when i make mistakes in my recordings, I just keep playing till i get it right and replace my mistakes...

Slash may have been playing in key but he hit all the wrong notes. That is sometimes worse. You can play something out of key and it still can sound good.

Oh my god.  rofl

Honestly , it's better to hear wrong notes in the proper key of the song then wrong notes that arent even in the key of the song. Think about it.

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 07:00:39 PM »

What show was it that the nu-gnr did when they   ` played `    Patience and axl realised he was playing with amatuers , dropped the mic and walked off stage?

Up load that clip and all discussions on this new band can end there. Shocked

-------and time goes by-------
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 07:18:37 PM »

What show was it that the nu-gnr did when they? ?` played `? ? Patience and axl realised he was playing with amatuers , dropped the mic and walked off stage?

Brain is the one who threw off the band and didnt axl sing a wrong verse or repeated one that also threw off the band.  I do have a mp3 of slash butchering patience too but tht would be too easy and I wouldnt want to make all the slash fans cringe.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 07:24:15 PM »

Oh my god.? rofl

Honestly , it's better to hear wrong notes in the proper key of the song then wrong notes that arent even in the key of the song. Think about it.

Like I said bash robin all you want but robin never played any solo that bad and slash wrote the nov rain solo. So I guess that means that slash really sucks then right? I dont think so. Anyone can hit wrong notes now and then. As for playing in the wrong key did  you even heard that slash version of voodoo child where he hits a ton of wrong notes and is toally out of key. I forgot what show it was from but I rememember it well.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 07:29:52 PM »

Are you people having fun?

"Robin can't play ?crying ". Does it make you feel better? Slash isn't coming back any time soon. Accept it.

I can imagine some of you would've bashed Slash for not being able to play based on the shows he played in 1985. Before they released Appetite For Destruction.

What's the point of these threads? Are you trying to enlighten people? This is GN'R board, not a fucking "Heavy Metal Music from the 80s" board. You might actually find a few GN'R fans here who don't judge Robin on some live shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 09:59:12 PM »

anybody that thinks robin cant play go listen to sosseggo from rir3 and shut the fuck up

poop
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 10:30:59 PM »

anybody that thinks robin cant play go listen to sosseggo from rir3 and shut the fuck up

Sossego is a bunch of chords. Big fuckin deal.

What's the point of these threads?

The point of this thread is not to bash Robin. It's just to analyse if he's good enough to fill in as the lead guitarist of GN'R. Buckethead was. Anyway i'm really bored, so humor me... Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 10:56:36 PM »

I thought the thread was fine until it turned into the same ole robin VS Slash BS ... a thread to discuss the abilities of GNR's current lead guitarist? Seems fine to me.

Again , personally I think Robin will have some amazing things on the album. Maybe he will be able to replicate it live. However , with that said , I personally wasnt impressed with robins playing thus far live with GNR. And furthermore , I didnt like his version of the SCOM solo as heard on the big daddy movie/soundtrack. I'm not saying he sucks , I guess , I just havent found him overly impressive as of yet.

I did however like his work on love seige.  ok

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 11:39:35 PM »

Listen to Sossego on RIR 3. Absolutely fuckin' fantastic.

Robin's style is different tan a typical old school blues classic rock guitarist. He shows more emotion in his playing and has an alternative type of style, but isnt all power chords (Nirvana).

The guy is really good, Axl is fortunate to have him in GNR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2005, 11:55:33 PM »

The point of this thread is not to bash Robin. It's just to analyse if he's good enough to fill in as the lead guitarist of GN'R. Buckethead was. Anyway i'm really bored, so humor me... Roll Eyes

any guitarist with an ounce of talent can shred. soseggo is sooooooo much more than chords its ridiculous.

poop
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 12:13:58 AM »

Wow, I guess I'll just wait til CD drops to see how deep of a throat all the shit talkers do have, I kinda like Robin Lips Sealed

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2005, 04:56:08 AM »

You obviously don't know what you're talkin' about. It's a big fuckin' deal to a lot of people, but you're too biased to accept that.

In every single post in this thread, you tried to bash Robin with this "he can't play", judgin by one fuck up. Like dave said, Slash fucked up A LOT too (just listen to November Rain in St. Louis!), but nobody cares because this is not a big deal. Robin fucked up, Slash fucked up...

Like Saul said, Robin's work on the Ghost Of Mars soundtrack was amazing! He did an awesome duet with Buckethead in Love Siege and also a really good solo in this track called Fight Train:

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YPSUFD48TZGI2Z51YW1UWJJGH

Also, listen to jarmo:

Are you people having fun?

"Robin can't play  crying ". Does it make you feel better? Slash isn't coming back any time soon. Accept it.

I can imagine some of you would've bashed Slash for not being able to play based on the shows he played in 1985. Before they released Appetite For Destruction.

What's the point of these threads? Are you trying to enlighten people? This is GN'R board, not a fucking "Heavy Metal Music from the 80s" board. You might actually find a few GN'R fans here who don't judge Robin on some live shows.

/jarmo

Wink
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 04:57:56 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

alexh0618
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 07:33:25 AM »

What show was it that the nu-gnr did when they? ?` played `? ? Patience and axl realised he was playing with amatuers , dropped the mic and walked off stage?

I think that was when they were playing in detroit, and no, I don't have a clip of it right now.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 07:39:41 AM »

What show was it that the nu-gnr did when they   ` played `    Patience and axl realised he was playing with amatuers , dropped the mic and walked off stage?

I think that was when they were playing in detroit, and no, I don't have a clip of it right now.
Yeah, it was in Detroit. And Axl left the stage because *I guess* there was some problem with the teleprompters and the PA. He perfomed Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Rhyiad and The Blues in a row, but messing up the lyrics every time. He got pissed and just left the stage after fucked up the lcris in Patience. This "axl realised he was playing with amatuers" thing is ridiculous.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 07:57:16 AM »

In every single post in this thread, you tried to bash Robin with this "he can't play", judgin by one fuck up. Like dave said, Slash fucked up A LOT too (just listen to November Rain in St. Louis!), but nobody cares because this is not a big deal. Robin fucked up, Slash fucked up...

Who bought Slash into the discussion? As usual it's Dave. Not me. I have more clips of Robin fucking up live, it's not just this one. In the absence of any studio material (GN'R),his live performances form the sole basis of judgement of his skills.

Fuck 'Em All.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2005, 08:08:02 AM »

Who bought Slash into the discussion? As usual it's Dave. Not me. I have more clips of Robin fucking up live, it's not just this one. In the absence of any studio material (GN'R),his live performances form the sole basis of judgement of his skills.
Really? And about the small clip I posted? And about the "Love Siege" track? And about the Big Daddy's SCOM?

I can dig Slash's fuck ups too, so what's the point?

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2005, 08:19:31 AM »

Really? And about the small clip I posted? And about the "Love Siege" track? And about the Big Daddy's SCOM?

The Fight Train clip is ok. Big Daddy's SCOM sucks. So please don't quote that.

Fuck 'Em All.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2005, 08:24:48 AM »

The Fight Train clip is ok. Big Daddy's SCOM sucks. So please don't quote that.
Haha. It's just your opinion. I think it rocks and he didn't fucked up anything nor got out of the key.
Also, there is this Love Siege.. And - why not? - IRS (the slower solo).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: