Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  There hasn't been a major innovation in music, since the birth of Grunge
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: There hasn't been a major innovation in music, since the birth of Grunge  (Read 11276 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 06:47:30 PM »

Does it go beyond some idiot screaming nonsensical giberish and a drum kit going flat out? Melodic death metal - lol, does that actually have 'music' sections in between the ''roar roar roaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!'' :rofl
:

It fuckin' excist dude, most black metal has more harmony in it then most shit out there!!!!

n' listen to it.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 07:19:07 PM »

wtf is cock rock?

If GNR comes into that genre, how the hell are they gay, i mean they have a song which has a little anti gay in it, so how could they be gay???

Nu-metal isnt as new as you think either, i mean there was claw finger in the early 90s, rage against the machine. I suppose if you go into the 80s, the  beastie boys album "license to ill"  was that.

html sucks
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 09:38:17 PM »

I'm fascinated to hear what the hell Melodic Death Metal and Ambient Black Metal are!

Does it go beyond some idiot screaming nonsensical giberish and a drum kit going flat out? Melodic death metal - lol, does that actually have 'music' sections in between the ''roar roar roaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!'' rofl

Ever heard of In Flames, At The Gates, Skyfire, and of course Opeth? Those bands are melodic death, but they are often called Gothenburg metal, after the scene where the sound emerged. They're actually very mainstream by metal standards, so I'm surprised you haven't heard any!

Ambient black metal could describe bands like Agalloch, Ancient, Ildjarn, Burzum, Darkthrone, Immortal, and Gehenna. However, most black metal has a lot of atmosphere and ambience these days. Ambient is a term used to compare more modern black metal like the bands I mentioned with early black metal like Sodom, Hellhammer, and Bathory.

Grow up and listen to more good music.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 11:11:52 PM »

Black metal and Death metal suck. Just a bunch of angry people making a lot of noise. Hell, if the vocalist farted and coughed, u couldn't hear it...  Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 02:04:31 AM »

What bands/songs/albums have you heard, Genesis? Cradle of Filth? Dimmu Borgir? Maybe Cannibal Corpse. Yeah, real fair to judge a genre over the most mainstream bands.  Roll Eyes

Listen to songs like One Rode To Asa Bay by Bathory, Dunkelheit by Burzum, and Voice Of The Soul by Death. These are some of the most moving songs in the black and death genres. Be sure to get ORTAB's lyrics; they're very sad. If you don't like these genre transcending songs, then you probably don't like beautiful music of any type. Not all black metal sounds like Celtic Frost or Sepultura.

If anything, black metal's guitars are among the least obnoxious and easiest to get used to of all metal genres outside of classic heavy metal. Think about it. Death metal guitars are very downtuned. Thrash is too fast and agressive for most people. Power metal sounds too happy, and progressive metal has too much wankery. The typical black metal guitar sound is great for making a cold atmosphere that suits that type of music. You have to be in the right mood for it.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 02:15:49 AM »

Listen to songs like One Rode To Asa Bay by Bathory, Dunkelheit by Burzum, and Voice Of The Soul by Death. These are some of the most moving songs in the black and death genres. Be sure to get ORTAB's lyrics; they're very sad.

No thanks.  ok

Fuck 'Em All.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 02:20:30 AM »

Don't be lazy. Get your favorite p2p program and download the songs. It will only take 20 minutes of your time to hear some good music with no screaming vocals. It's worth it to appreciate a new type of music in the long run; it might even change your perspective and appreciation of other bands in different genres!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 05:05:54 AM »

Moving along from the wonders of ambient black metal (a genre of such quality no such band has actually sold any albums yet...)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there actually any new direction for music, especially rock, to take?

Rock has been fused with rap, with dance, with orchestral sections, its even been done without guitars

If u set up a band with the deliberate intention of doing something new in the rock genre - what the hell would it be? Hasn't everything been tried?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 11:13:29 AM »

All that can be done is to make good music, and maybe create new techniques with a instrument???

html sucks
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 12:40:42 PM »

Why would a band want to create fascinating new music? It won't sell any albums! Just make "good music", which means emulating what has already been done 20 years ago that is proven to sell. Making original music just gets in the way of making big profits, which is what rock music is all about!

Roll Eyes
Chris Misfit
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 01:01:55 PM »

The only reason Grunge was popular was because record companies were sure it would sell. They're still making money on the fucker. If it had not been Grunge it would have been something else.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 04:06:18 PM »

Listen to songs like One Rode To Asa Bay by Bathory, Dunkelheit by Burzum, and Voice Of The Soul by Death. These are some of the most moving songs in the black and death genres. Be sure to get ORTAB's lyrics; they're very sad. If you don't like these genre transcending songs, then you probably don't like beautiful music of any type. Not all black metal sounds like Celtic Frost or Sepultura.

the song you mentioned...the lyrics are awful...demons, dragons, limbs, hammer, odin....damn thats so boring and so devoid from reality!

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 04:55:15 PM »

the song you mentioned...the lyrics are awful...demons, dragons, limbs, hammer, odin....damn thats so boring and so devoid from reality!

Hey man - thats unfair, where Walk is from (The Third Reich) those lyrics do reflect reality hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2005, 06:20:23 PM »

Hey man - thats unfair, where Walk is from (The Third Reich) those lyrics do reflect reality hihi

ahhh i feel the power of death metal...lyrics come upon my very breast...hear and remember

the power of thor and the lightning strike
calls to me through the master of light
the fire of hell and its power of might
this thundrous roar is a pile of shite

copyright moi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 12:58:30 AM »

The music scene is defunct by Rap shit and scremo, so I'll have to move on. But I seriously think if Mtv shut their buisness down, a BIG difference would be made. Ever since MTV  came out in 1981, there have been more one-hit wonders multiplying than ever.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 01:56:09 AM »

Ever since MTV? came out in 1981, there have been more one-hit wonders multiplying than ever.

And they arent even that "WONDERful"    Roll Eyes pathetic!!!!

I hate how soo many teens get obsessed with the gay song thats this weeks "flavour" and love the singer and then next week, when theres a new one... they have a new fave song of all time?!!  no freakin gets to me.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 03:06:28 PM »

I notice there are a lof of kids these days that only like whatever songs that are played on the radio or over-rated.

Me:Do you like Metallica?
person: yeah Enter Sandman!

Me:Do you like Led Zeppelin?
person:yeah Stairway to Heaven!

Jimi Hendrix?
Star spangled banner!

Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Sweet home alabama!

Ozzy Osbourne?
Crazy Train!

Nirvana?(although I don't like them)
Smells like teen spirit!

then they go listen to modern shit like emo, rap, or scremo. hihi
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 04:55:35 PM »

I notice there are a lof of kids these days that only like whatever songs that are played on the radio or over-rated.

Me:Do you like Metallica?
person: yeah Enter Sandman!

Me:Do you like Led Zeppelin?
person:yeah Stairway to Heaven!

Jimi Hendrix?
Star spangled banner!

Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Sweet home alabama!

Ozzy Osbourne?
Crazy Train!

Nirvana?(although I don't like them)
Smells like teen spirit!

then they go listen to modern shit like emo, rap, or scremo. hihi
I must admit that is annoying.  But I find it worse when they know nothing about those bands. at all.  I know 99% of my friends dont even know who Black Sabbath is?!  So I would be happy for one to "pretend" sometimes!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 07:44:41 PM »

Were you listening to power metal or something? The songs I mentioned have no lyrics like that at all. Even if you don't like the lyrics, the songs are very good.

Reality is overrated anyway. 80's hair bands like GnR celebrated a hedonism that 99.9% have never experienced or ever will. We still love those bands!

Dunkelheit

German:

Wenn die Nacht einf?llt
Bedeckt sie die Welt
Mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit
K?lte steigt vom Boden auf
Und verpestet die Luft
Pl?tzlich...
Hat das Leben neue Bedeutung

English Translation:

When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
A chill rises from the soil
And contaminates the air
Suddenly...
Life has new meaning

One Rode To Asa Bay
One man rode the way through the woods
Down to Asa bay
Where dragon ships had sailed to sea
More times than one could say
To see with own eyes the wonder
People told of from man to man
The God of all almightyness
Had arrived from a foreign land

The rumours told of a man
Who had come from the other side the seas
Carrying gold cross around neck in chain
And spoke in strange tongue of peace
He had come with strange men in armour
Dressed in purple shirts and lace
Smelling not of beer but flowers
And with no hair in face

And the bold man carrying cross
Had told all one of Asa bay
The God of all man woman child had come
To them all save
And to thank Lord of Heaven
One should build to God a house
And to save one's soul from Hell
One should be baptised and say vows

A man of pride with the Hammer told new God
To build his house on own
And spoke loud of the Gods of their fathers
Not too long time gone
The rumours said the man with a beard like fire
And the Hammer in chain
By men in armour silenced was and by
Their swords was slain

Those who did not pay the one coin
Of four to man of new God
Whipped was twenty and put in chains then locked
By their neck to the log [To the log...]
And so all of Asa bay did build
A house of the cross
Every hour of daylight they did sweat
Limbs ached because faith does cost

And on the day two hundred
There it stood white to the sky
The house of the God of the cross
Big enough to take two dragon ships inside
And all of Asa bay did watch
The wonder raise to the sky
Now must the God of the cross be pleased
And satisfied

Just outside the circle of the crowd
One old man did stand
He looked across the waters
And blotted the sun out of his eyes with one hand
And his old eyes could almost see
The dragon ships set sail
And his old ears could almost hear
Men of great numbers call out Oden's hail

And though he did know already
Though he turned face towards sky
And whispered silent words forgotten
Spoken only way up high
Now this house of a foreign God does stand
Now must they leave us alone
Still he heard from somewhere in the woods
Old crow of wisdom say
...people of Asa land, it's only just begun...
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 03:45:49 PM »

Were you listening to power metal or something? The songs I mentioned have no lyrics like that at all. Even if you don't like the lyrics, the songs are very good.

Reality is overrated anyway. 80's hair bands like GnR celebrated a hedonism that 99.9% have never experienced or ever will. We still love those bands!

umm well maybe not demons but all the other words are there

im sure you havent realised but the lyrics are lacking in emotional depth...too many descriptive lyrics is boring imo

(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: