Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:44:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Interview ...says BHs parts are staying and more
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Interview ...says BHs parts are staying and more  (Read 8109 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »

Just to clafiry this from what I understand the guy that did the interview books shows for venues and was talking to Dizzy about booking hookers and blow then ask for a short interview. He talked to him on the phone it wasnot at a show.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 07:32:18 PM »

Only Axl has the answer to this one. But as far as Buckethead won't tour with the band anymore I'll be happy. I don't want to pay to see this guy associated with the name "Guns N' Roses" onstage. That was enough pain in 2002. He ruined the image of the band. I don't want to see it happen again. I hope they all learnt of the 2002 failure. Buckethead was one of the faillure factors. Don't bring him back. It would be a terrible mistake.

Yeah, GNR has done so much better without him. Look at all the great things that have happened since his departure!! Buckethead didn?t ruin anything. He played the songs spot on and all other things really don?t matter. To ruin things Axl doesn?t need other people these days? And what 2002 failure? If Axl decides not to show up in Philly (or whatever) it's Buckethead's fault? Apart from that, Buckethead was a huge point of interest of new GNR, both from a crowd and a media point of view...

y would anybody want buckethead in GnR.

Because it?s a guitardriven rockband and he?s one of the most talented guitarplayers of our time. But go ahead and discuss some more looks and all other secondary bullshit you?re doing just fine!!

Do you know the SWOT Matrix? (strenght, weakness, opportunities, threat). Buckethead was both a weakness factor and a threat one for the band. he was a guy who desinterested people from interesting in the new GN'R. he made them leave! When you make a diagnostic, the objective is to avoid to repeat the same mistakes again.

What?s your point? I know a thing or two about SWOT-analysis?s. When I would make a SWOT on the guy I would see his enormous abilities as a guitar player, after all it?s a BAND (they make MUSIC), as absolute strengths and opportunities? But that?s just me. Stop stating your own interpretation of things as facts. Using some bullshit marketing terminology doesn?t make it truer. Buckethead has been a great bandmember of many bands, there?s no reason to believe that he wouldn?t have been able to do his thing in GNR. He?s a great collaborator and credited for it.

Next time you decide to use some marketing terminology to give your posts a scent of credibility (probably to deflect from the poor, non existent musical arguments), make sure you know what you?re talking about. Now it makes you look like all the other hypocrite bashers who basically have nothing to say, but reach for all straws within a ten mile radius?

and this is the same for the fans.

Speak for yourself; you have as little of a clue about what ?the fans? want as the next guy. Since I consider myself a fan I would really appreciate you not thinking for me, I would never be so narrow-minded?

-PEACE-
Excellent post but your waisting your time. There are a lot of ignorant people on this side of town in regards to whats cool and not cool. WHats rnr and not rnr.

Bucket is an amazing talent and fit just right with what Axl trying to do with th enew band....Back to the drawing board....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 09:30:15 PM »

Bucket is a star. Period. He would have become world class if he had stayed. Wink

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 09:43:09 PM »

When asked about this rumour Gn'R manager Merck Mercuriadis stated that "it might be true and that equally well it might not be true."
This is the best part. Gotta love the current state of GNR. My goodness, why can't we get a straight answer or one simple piece of info?!

Merck also added that "Chinese Democracy may very well come out in 2006. Then again, there is also the distinct and equal possibility that it may not." As for 2007, he added "I don't want to mislead the fans. I will right here and now guarantee that it either will come out in 07, or else it won't. There is no grey area here". When pressed for further clarification about whether Axl is still located on the planet Earth, Merck suggested that "certainly he could still be on the planet. That is not for me to say. I would suggest that he is still here, while saying that there is also an equal chance that he has relocated to another planet. There are lots of planets in the galaxy and the Earth is one of them. This I guarantee."

The "new GNR" made me a huge fan of Buckethead. I was annoyed when he left, but who can blame him since nothing ever happens with this band! I have always said I hope his parts stay, so this is good news. Unless it is bad news. Axlsalinger is willing to personally confirm right now in this post that it is either one or the other.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 09:46:20 PM by axlsalinger » Logged

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 09:48:21 PM »

Where did Merk said CD might not be out til 2007

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2005, 09:58:12 PM »

wow, these conversations with dizzy and tommy have become so predictable its almost sickening. eh, what can you do. sit around and wait. thats it. if anybody does say anything, not going to be a keyboardist.

poop
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005, 10:02:03 PM »

Where did Merk said CD might not be out til 2007
Heh, Merck didn't say that. I just made up those extra quotes. Or else I didn't make them up. Only Axl knows for sure, but it is definitely one or the other. Or both. Perhaps neither.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2005, 11:04:47 PM »

being its from mygnr who knows...but if its true the best thing in that article is the fact that Buckets work will remian on the album

The second I saw the title of this thread, I was happy for Younggunner!  Personally, I think Buckethead adds a hell of alot to this band musically.  However, I agree with one of the earlier posts that describes the challenges of marketing Mr. Buckethead.  I could live without the 10 minute solo at the concerts, but what I'll miss most (correct me if I'm wrong) is BH's part on IRS, live Night Train outro.? and Paradise City outro.? 

Success will come down to marketing.  Look at Buckethead and Finck in '02.  They look like freaks.  The average Joe out there doesn't know Buckethead has some of the fastest fingers ever seen on a guitar.  All that's known of Finck is that he's not Slash.  The comparisons aren't fair, and the marketing was, and is, piss-poor.  Let's hope the GNR train gets rolling soon!

-Axl4Prez2004   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005, 11:43:48 PM »

Is this me or does it mean that a current member of the band and their manager know about as much as we do about the band activity?

You might be onto something there Will.

Then again, maybe they "can't" tell us more about this.

Maybe so, maybe not.?

I tend to believe your first observation.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2005, 01:07:39 AM »

Despite many rumours that the long awaited Gn'R album will surface in early 2006 Dizzy did not rule out a Spring 2006 tour of his side project 'Hookers n' Blow'.

is this a joke Cheesy.. If it is true (mind it's from my gnr king of the fans that know something or someone, home of ivan from argentina rofl) that bucket's parts are staying then at least you know cd will have great guitar parts
Holy War
Banned
Headliner

READ MY LIPS

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005, 02:00:10 AM »

I've always been surprised people question whether Buckethead will remain on the album.

Yeah I know Axl talked about dumping Robin's guitar parts when he went on his short sabbatical, but I doubt he really did.  I also doubt Axl would drop Buckethead's guitar parts just because he left.

Despite whatever happens with GN'R, especially in any future live setting, the new record is far and away the most important thing.  To bring Chinese Democracy to the level he wants it to be, I believe Axl will use any part (from whatever musician) that works best.

Just my 2 cents.

If the Lord has a controversy with the nations He will put them to the sword.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005, 04:18:32 AM »

Rock music is not about technic, it's about feeling. It's all about how you are able to exite and thrill people. Why do you think Nirvana went so popular? It's well known Cobain wasn't a virtuoso like Buckethead, but Cobain had the feeling, and even if I'm not a Nirvana fan, nobody can deny this. Every "big" things that happened in Rock music was a question of feeling first. When I see BH on my 2002 Video Bootlegs, I don't see a passionate guy who thrills me. I don't see a guy who gives me real emotions, a real feeling. I just see a guy who doesn't seem to care. Sometimes I even wonder if he liked what he played. To me it seems mechanical, almost robotic. If it's fine for you, ok, that's fine, but it's not the case neither for me, nor for all my friends in my entourage who also like GN'R. Thrill people, exite them, give them feeling, that's what Rock n' Roll is about. The feeling VS technic debate is not new. I have chosen my camp for a long time.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 04:24:31 AM »

nesquick, please not again.......everyone here knows what your opinion of Buckethead is, no need to go there over and over.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2005, 07:37:09 AM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Buckethead's parts are going to stay on the album because Axl and the band decided that they are important to the music, and worthwhile parts to keep on the record.

It's thier album, they would know, right?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2005, 09:07:44 AM »

Perhaps their will be some parts up Buckets guitar work will be replaced, and certain parts will not.  I do not believe it will be 100% erased or 100% on CD.  Certain parts could be needed on CD, but at the same token, certain solos could be erased.  Case in point, the IRS solo.  I can see that being erased because I just can't see Richard or Robin doing that solo, but certain guitar pieces that Bucket contributed to that add texture to the song might stay.   

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2005, 11:17:17 AM »

Is this me or does it mean that a current member of the band and their manager know about as much as we do about the band activity?

Maybe so, maybe not.?

I think its more they are not allowed to talk about it because if something changes or gets pushed back we all know how tht goes.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 11:21:16 AM »

Maybe so, maybe not. 

I think its more they are not allowed to talk about it because if something changes or gets pushed back we all know how tht goes.

I think they do know what is generally going on with the album, but are very limited in what they can say because of their contractual obligations to maintain confidentiality.

I also think that the band is probably very weary of saying anything unless it is concrete, considering what has happened in the past.  Look at Tommy's recent update.  He said that there may be GN'R news made public in the near future, but he wasn't going to say until it was formal and written in at least pencil.

Ali
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2005, 11:21:23 AM »

Nesquick what do you have to say about the madagascar solo? That is full of emotion and feeling or what about his KOHDs solo? That is just oozing feeling. As for nirvana the reason nivana got so big is because they showed that someone that cant write good songs or play guitar can make it big. Why do you think since 1993 the art of the great guitar solo was lost? It was because of the whole nirvana thing. ?But back on topic, I still hope BH comes back, he is a huge part of what made this band so damn talented.

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2005, 12:31:29 PM »

Rock music is not about technic, it's about feeling. It's all about how you are able to exite and thrill people. Why do you think Nirvana went so popular? It's well known Cobain wasn't a virtuoso like Buckethead, but Cobain had the feeling, and even if I'm not a Nirvana fan, nobody can deny this. Every "big" things that happened in Rock music was a question of feeling first. When I see BH on my 2002 Video Bootlegs, I don't see a passionate guy who thrills me. I don't see a guy who gives me real emotions, a real feeling. I just see a guy who doesn't seem to care. Sometimes I even wonder if he liked what he played. To me it seems mechanical, almost robotic. If it's fine for you, ok, that's fine, but it's not the case neither for me, nor for all my friends in my entourage who also like GN'R. Thrill people, exite them, give them feeling, that's what Rock n' Roll is about. The feeling VS technic debate is not new. I have chosen my camp for a long time.

So now you?re going to play the feeling-card again? How predictable... Bending notes way past their expiration date while pulling faces like you?re eating a box of lemons has nothing to do with emotional guitar playing. You however seem to be one of those people who have such close-minded views on music that you need these kinds of stereotypical gestures coming from a guitar player, to fulfill you?re stereotypical view on what (rock) music should be and how it should be played. I must assume you really need this nonsense, cause Buckethead played the songs spot on, there was nothing wrong with his playing. Unlike mr. Finck who still has a hard time with the mere basics of guitar playing (like playing in the right key, tempo and bending within bounds). You just hear the things you WANT to hear based on nothing but prejudicial nonsense derived from nontopics as looks and other irrelevant BS BUT MUSIC.?

What you call mechanical and robotic is the same thing other people would label as clean, onbeat and precise guitar playing, in other words: COMPETENCE, the kind of playing you may expect from a virtuoso (Thal, Satch, Lane). I really don?t know what you?re talking about, because to me and to shitloads of other people, Buckethead is one of the most emotional guitar players ever. He is known as one of the few who can really let his emotions speak through his guitar, especially since albums like Colma and Electric Tears. His work with Praxis is another example of just that, resulting in one of the best instrumental albums BY A BAND ever, Transmutation? He could have functioned similar in GNR, he?s a great collaborator. Transmutation was an album in which all important genres were blended together and executed in a way that many people still see it as one of the most incendiary guitar albums ever, which is impossible to do without recognizing the obvious emotional qualities. It was a collective effort with a star-role for Buckethead. Since you seem to want to deflect from your hypocrisies by separating the solo artist from the collaborator; ?I like Buckethead as a solo artist, but not as a member of gnr?. edit: BTW, please explain to me how you can acknowledge Buckethead?s qualities as a solo artist, but on the other hand be so convinced of the fact that his playing lacks emotion? And please don't tell me you like his technique, because you have allready made it clear that technique really isn't your cup of tea...(after all it's not what it is about according to you).

Buckethead was however new in GNR, he was still acclimatizing to the new situation (playing other people?s songs, which he really doesn?t do often), maybe coming across a little stiff and shy. People with good intentions; the ones that didn?t decide to hate him from the start, primarily based on a NONTOPIC as looks (and you know it?s true: ?I SEE this?, ?I don?t SEE that?, blablabla), could have already seen past all of this and see the real Buckethead. Doing a little research, trying to find some stuff of his earlier days in other bands. The Buckethead who runs around on stage and also expresses his passion visually (for what it's worth) next to the obvious passion he pours into his playing (which you hear). Those people could have seen the great potential the guitar player of the future could have had for Axl, who always wanted to take GNR into new and fresh directions. Furthermore, there?s something called effort to effect ratio, which means that if you want to play guitar as intense as Buckethead does, there really isn?t much energy left for stereotypical poser behavior, you seem to desire. Fact remains however that it speaks volumes about what you actually know about music if you need your eyes to tell you whether a guy is pouring his heart out on the guitar.

Thrill people, exite them, give them feeling, that's what Rock n' Roll is about.

What a pathetic definition of RNR, ever bothered to look back and see how it all started and what it?s really all about? Your definition of this wonderful genre is representative of the close-mindedness you keep spreading on this board (looks, your assbackwards views on feeling etc..). Rock is and has always been the genre of the outcast, originating from those who dared to be different. Buckethead is a perfect example of just that (both in music as in appearance). It?s a blessing that the Rock-fans of the past were more tolerant then some of their current counterparts. Just because YOU can?t feel/APPRECIATE/RESPECT it doesn?t mean it isn?t there, broaden your horizon?

(happy now Younggunner??)? hihi Wink

Back to topic?? rofl
Anyways it?s good to hear that some of his parts will stay on the album, but as with the other comments made by band members in the past, I?ll believe it when I see it?

-PEACE-

PS:

nesquick, please not again.......everyone here knows what your opinion of Buckethead is, no need to go there over and over.

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on contributing to letting this go offtopic any further (hence the last lines of the regular post). However I have every right to respond to the ignorant provocative nonsense he keeps spreading...action-reaction...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 01:33:38 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

madagas
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2005, 12:42:46 PM »

Slip, maybe the greatest "rock star" of all time, struggled mightily with what he called "gimmicks" vs. serious musicianship. In other words, Jimi Hendrix stopped doing his antics and gimmicks on stage later in his career because he felt people were not taking him seriously as an artist and musician. He stood like a statue in his concerts right before he died. Focusing directly on playing and not lighting his guitar on fire. Now, Bucket uses a lot of gimmicks, obviously the whole persona thing, but sometimes-when it is important to get the sound right- he is all business. When I saw Bucket with ccbbb he had all kind of rock star moves going. He just played in a mask without the Buckethead garb and was just rocking out all over the stage-great moves just like Hendrix. For fuck's sake, as I stated in another thread, sometimes it's good to alienate a portion of your audience-cough-cough-Nesquick types? Bucket, I want you back and a lot of other people do to.? Embarrassed 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 12:46:28 PM by madagas » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: