Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:23:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Interview ...says BHs parts are staying and more
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Interview ...says BHs parts are staying and more  (Read 8103 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: September 26, 2005, 02:02:25 PM »

DATE:
September 26th, 2005

TITLE:
MYGNR member interviews Gn'R keyboard player Dizzy Reed.

TEXT:
MYGNRFORUM member Madagascar88 spoke to longstanding Gn'R member Dizzy Reed earlier today about the current situation within the band and what's going on in the Gn'R camp. Reed joined the band in 1990.

Earlier this week rumours began to circulate that a new Gn'R track was to be added to the soundtrack of the 2006 film 'The Da Vinci Code'. When asked about this Dizzy stated that "I don't know anything about it. It's possible but it's something that Axl's dealing with". When asked about this rumour Gn'R manager Merck Mercuriadis stated that "it might be true and that equally well it might not be true."

When asked about fellow Gn'R keyboard player Chris Pitman who joined Gn'R in 1998, Dizzy explained that "he's one of the most talented keyboardists and enjoyable persons to be around that I know and he is still in Guns N' Roses.".

As speculation among fans grows about what will come of the completed work of departed guitarist Buckethead, Dizzy stated that as far as he knows, Buckethead's parts WILL still be on the Chinese Democracy album.

Despite many rumours that the long awaited Gn'R album will surface in early 2006 Dizzy did not rule out a Spring 2006 tour of his side project 'Hookers n' Blow'.

Thanks to Madagascar88

SOURCE:
MYGNR Member Madagascar88 interviewed Dizzy Reed on September 26th.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 02:06:16 PM »

being its from mygnr who knows...but if its true the best thing in that article is the fact that Buckets work will remian on the album

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 02:18:20 PM »

being its from mygnr who knows...but if its true the best thing in that article is the fact that Buckets work will remian on the album

Agreed.  I'm sure Buckethead contributed some strong work to the album, and I hope that it stays on the finished product.

Plus, there wouldn't be any time spent re-recording any of those parts.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:24:37 PM »

I disagree. ?IMO keeping BH's parts on the album will only fuel more "versus" arguments for whoever has to play them on tour. ?And after years of 'Slash versus' arguments, I'd think the GNR camp wouldn't want to go through that shit again. ?I'm NOT saying that BH (and of course Slash) aren't great talents. ?They, obviously, are. ?All I'm saying is that because BH's 'sound' is very distinctive, why base the new GNR sound on something that doesn't exist in the band anymore.? Not to mention all the future lawsuits over who wrote/owns what, etc. ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
madagas
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:28:11 PM »

Gypsy, since these are hired/contracted musicians, I am quite certain that Axl has covered his bases on writing credits and ownership issues. This situation is nothing like the set up of the old band. But, then again..... hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 02:33:13 PM »

As long as BH is credited to the songs that he wrote and plays on there won?t be a problem. Don?t forget he did quit abruptly so there could be a deal worked out, also who knows BH could be back. You never know.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 02:42:31 PM »

Better yet, if Bh himself is coming back.

Everything goes in harmony.  peace
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »

More Hookers N Blow for Spring 2006!!!

Yipeee Embarrassed

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 03:57:28 PM »

fan: hey man, how r u doin?

dizzy: cool

fan: will you add a song to the davinci code?

dizzy: dont know

fan: is pittman still in the band?

dizzy: yeah

fan: will you keep bh's parts in the album?

dizzy: probably...

fan: thanks man

dizzy: buzz off...

badapple81
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 05:07:30 PM »

We are also a missing an actual quote relating to BH.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »

As speculation among fans grows about what will come of the completed work of departed guitarist Buckethead, Dizzy stated that as far as he knows, Buckethead's parts WILL still be on the Chinese Democracy album.
Only Axl has the answer to this one. But as far as Buckethead won't tour with the band anymore I'll be happy. I don't want to pay to see this guy associated with the "Guns N' Roses" name onstage anymore. That was enough pain in 2002. He ruined the image of the band. I don't want to see it happen again. I hope they all learnt from the 2002 failure. Buckethead was one of the faillure factors. I can't see the band becoming popular with him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 05:46:56 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 05:27:52 PM »

y would anybody want buckethead in GnR.  He looks like a fukin retard. Not to mention he acts like one.  I remeber i went to one of the shows and he started throwing action figures in the crowd. WTF is that shit.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 05:33:19 PM »

GN'R was mocked because of Buckethead. Is there anyone intelligent in the GN'R world to finally understand that? When something doesn't work, try something else. is that complicated to understand? In Marketing we call that a Diagnostic. Do you know the SWOT Matrix? (strenght, weakness, opportunities, threat). Buckethead was both a weakness factor and a threat one for the band. he was a guy who desinterested people, the general public. He made people leave! When you make a diagnostic, the objective is to avoid to repeat the same mistakes again, and to get better. There is always a solution. For me the guitar duet Richard-Robin was a very good solution. But now, This BH thing is not a good news for me, I can smell again the faillure coming back again if BH returns. This more than an intuition, this is almost 100% sure. BH is a good solo artist on his own, not a guy to recruit for a rock band. Wasn't tommy pretty clear during the Jarmo "CNN" (Wink) interview? I don't know if he would be very happy to see BH back...and this is the same for the fans.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 05:55:42 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 06:11:39 PM »

Oh god... Buckethead ruined the image of GNR?

Dude, talk for yourself. This is your point of view, not the truth for the rest of the world.

I've been seein so many people saying they loved the new band because of Bucket. He was a HUGE miss for the sound of the band, at least for me.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 06:12:58 PM »

GN'R was mocked because of Buckethead. Is there anyone intelligent in the GN'R world to finally understand that? When something doesn't work, try something else. is that complicated to understand? In Marketing we call that a Diagnostic. Do you know the SWOT Matrix? (strenght, weakness, opportunities, threat). Buckethead was both a weakness factor and a threat one for the band. he was a guy who desinterested people, the general public. He made people leave! When you make a diagnostic, the objective is to avoid to repeat the same mistakes again, and to get better. There is always a solution. For me the guitar duet Richard-Robin was a very good solution. But now, This BH thing is not a good news for me, I can smell again the faillure coming back again if BH returns. This more than an intuition, this is almost 100% sure. BH is a good solo artist on his own, not a guy to recruit for a rock band. Wasn't tommy pretty clear during the Jarmo "CNN" (Wink) interview? I don't know if he would be very happy to see BH back...and this is the same for the fans.

I think Axl hired BH because he doesnt talk. The image and skill factor was secondary.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 06:16:19 PM »

Only Axl has the answer to this one. But as far as Buckethead won't tour with the band anymore I'll be happy. I don't want to pay to see this guy associated with the name "Guns N' Roses" onstage. That was enough pain in 2002. He ruined the image of the band. I don't want to see it happen again. I hope they all learnt of the 2002 failure. Buckethead was one of the faillure factors. Don't bring him back. It would be a terrible mistake.

Yeah, GNR has done so much better without him. Look at all the great things that have happened since his departure!! Buckethead didn?t ruin anything. He played the songs spot on and all other things really don?t matter. To ruin things Axl doesn?t need other people these days? And what 2002 failure? If Axl decides not to show up in Philly (or whatever) it's Buckethead's fault? Apart from that, Buckethead was a huge point of interest of new GNR, both from a crowd and a media point of view...

y would anybody want buckethead in GnR.

Because it?s a guitardriven rockband and he?s one of the most talented guitarplayers of our time. But go ahead and discuss some more looks and all other secondary bullshit you?re doing just fine!!

Do you know the SWOT Matrix? (strenght, weakness, opportunities, threat). Buckethead was both a weakness factor and a threat one for the band. he was a guy who desinterested people from interesting in the new GN'R. he made them leave! When you make a diagnostic, the objective is to avoid to repeat the same mistakes again.

What?s your point? I know a thing or two about SWOT-analysis?s. When I would make a SWOT on the guy I would see his enormous abilities as a guitar player, after all it?s a BAND (they make MUSIC), as absolute strengths and opportunities? But that?s just me. Stop stating your own interpretation of things as facts. Using some bullshit marketing terminology doesn?t make it truer. Buckethead has been a great bandmember of many bands, there?s no reason to believe that he wouldn?t have been able to do his thing in GNR. He?s a great collaborator and credited for it.

Next time you decide to use some marketing terminology to give your posts a scent of credibility (probably to deflect from the poor, non existent musical arguments), make sure you know what you?re talking about. Now it makes you look like all the other hypocrite bashers who basically have nothing to say, but reach for all straws within a ten mile radius?

and this is the same for the fans.

Speak for yourself; you have as little of a clue about what ?the fans? want as the next guy. Since I consider myself a fan I would really appreciate you not thinking for me, I would never be so narrow-minded?

-PEACE-

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 06:18:35 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 06:22:46 PM »

Buckethead was one of the faillure factors.

No offense or anything, but go blow yourself! Are you serious? Axl managed to fuck shit up all on his own as he has time and time again.

Buckethead is not your typical hair metal shredder... he experiments with all types of shit and isn't afraid of change... similar to Axl. I believe that is why he hired him in the first place. The shitty reality now for Axl is, he's got a bunch of has-been hair metal hang on fans who only want the "appetite" sound and won't let go. I say viva la buckethead! haha...

Back on topic. Yeah, it is pretty suspect how there is not an actual quote from dizzy about BH staying on the album. Another half ass interview with half assed answers.  drool

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 06:27:06 PM »

Earlier this week rumours began to circulate that a new Gn'R track was to be added to the soundtrack of the 2006 film 'The Da Vinci Code'. When asked about this Dizzy stated that "I don't know anything about it. It's possible but it's something that Axl's dealing with". When asked about this rumour Gn'R manager Merck Mercuriadis stated that "it might be true and that equally well it might not be true."

Is this me or does it mean that a current member of the band and their manager know about as much as we do about the band activity? Then again, maybe they "can't" tell us more about this.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 06:46:05 PM »

LMAO @ nesquicks Bucket hatin ...  rofl

1st off , Axl Rose handpicked Bucket to be part of his new guns n roses and was happy enough with Buckethead that he felt very sad and even put out a press release when Buckethead quit. I think it's safe to assume that Bucket had more fans then Mr.Finck and Mr.Fortus combined while in GNR.

His "image" IMHO is no stranger then robin fink in army helmets and spacesuits with a half shaven head.  Roll Eyes

Then again , I guess it doesnt matter what both of them wore , what mattered was Buckethead could actually play the solo's correctly and/or add to them significantly. Damn , they gave him a 10 minute solo spot for fucks sakes. Imagine robin finck alone on stage for 10 full minutes playing guitar? Ewwww.

And yeah , he handed out gifts to his fans , man .. what an asshole he was.  Roll Eyes

BTW ... who did Kurt Loder choose to interview for MTV television? Bucket or Finck? Yeah , thought so.

After the VMA's what did fallon say in his schoolgirl like excitement? That Finck "did his job" or that Buckethead "did his job" ? Yeah , thought so again ....

Buckethead was the star of the new GNR behind Axl Rose , and had he stayed and by gods gift should he return , his fame with the band will overshadow the rest of the group , easily. (behind axl that is)

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 06:54:08 PM »

Is this me or does it mean that a current member of the band and their manager know about as much as we do about the band activity? Then again, maybe they "can't" tell us more about this.

I'm gonna go with Tommy's words. Once there's something to say, they'll say it. For some reason I don't think Dizzy, Tommy or Richard will be the ones annoucing the news to a fan at a show.

If you go see their shows, have fun. But don't expect to get any earth shattering GN'R news from them.

This interview seems more like a conversation with Dizzy to me.  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: