Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR on 100 Greatest Albums (Channel 4 UK)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR on 100 Greatest Albums (Channel 4 UK)  (Read 3248 times)
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« on: April 18, 2005, 03:59:43 AM »

yet another '100 greatest albums' poll. This time for Britains Channel 4. Shown last night. here's the results:

1. RADIOHEAD - OK Computer
2. U2 - The Joshua Tree
3. NIRVANA - Nevermind
4. MICHAEL JACKSON - Thriller
5. PINK FLOYD? - Dark Side of the Moon
6. OASIS - Definitely Maybe
7. THE BEATLES? - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
8. MADONNA? - Like a Prayer
9. GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction
10. THE BEATLES - Revolver

full list here: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/albums/results.html
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 04:11:52 AM »

I hate radiohead.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 05:07:10 AM »

What the fuck...radiohead Huh

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 05:28:31 AM »

i quite like radiohead. 'OK Computer' is a great album..........but #1?!!!?!

wasn't axl spotted at a radiohead gig a few years ago?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:32:43 AM »

Not only was he there and likes Radiohead, but slash was on the show last night talking bout how that album made him go out and buy everything they've ever released
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 08:54:24 AM »

Prefer MUSE to Radiohead.

Good to see AFD is up there, maybe the next time Chinese Democracy will be in the top 10 too!  hihi

Here today...ready to rock
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 10:03:02 AM »

I can definately see OK Computer as #1.  that is an amazing album.  It made me buy everything they put out as well.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 02:51:31 PM »

They sure missed the mark on that list. No Motley Crue - but yet they have HUMAN LEAGUE on the list. rant puke

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
DirtyLittleThing
Opening Act

Fuck it before it fucks you

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 03:36:58 PM »

of course they are on the list! Cool GUNS N' ROSES never dies...but why is the beatles twice and radiohead #1... Undecided

wadey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 04:42:56 PM »

i thought AFD should have been higher than 9.......Doesn't it still sell around 9000 copies a week?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
nick
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 04:50:36 PM »

OK Computer is amazing (so is The Bends) but everything else after that is horrible...

Its a shame to see a band go from good to bad like that...
jgfnsr
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 07:18:08 PM »

Even the biggest Radiohead fan in the world has to admit that their record sticks out like a sore thumb on that list.  Especially at #1!   Roll Eyes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 08:35:09 PM »

i thought AFD should have been higher than 9.......Doesn't it still sell around 9000 copies a week?

you know i've heard that number mentioned as weekly sales... also heard 5,000 mentioned

it'd be cool to see the actual 'up to date' #s

and yeah... its great to see AFD recognized  beer
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 03:34:08 PM »

I`m just shoked!!! #1 album of all time according to Channel 4 i sOk Computer of Radiohead  Shocked

Gyns N`Roses Apetitte For Destruction is on 9 position, Oasis debut is on 6 -  rant

Fuckin` def englishman!!! Call to fireman department to wash your ears!!! ASSHOLES!!! rant rant rant

Here missing clasics like Black Metallica, Deep Purple, The Wall of Pink Floyd and etc.
RKD
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts Now!!

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 04:39:22 PM »

i voted for Appetite 10 times, i was just happy it made it into the top 10. GnR can't be Number 1 at everything you know.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2005, 05:47:28 PM »

Ditto to RKD

Whoa Denis. No big deal. Taste differs. I like those albums too but I don't expect them to make the top 6 of all time n genres outside the UK (and maybe  France ?).
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 05:55:41 PM »

Radiohead was rated as having the greatest album ever in the UK? How shocking.  Roll Eyes
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »

I`m just shoked!!! #1 album of all time according to Channel 4 i sOk Computer of Radiohead Shocked

Gyns N`Roses Apetitte For Destruction is on 9 position, Oasis debut is on 6 - rant

Fuckin` def englishman!!! Call to fireman department to wash your ears!!! ASSHOLES!!! rant rant rant

Here missing clasics like Black Metallica, Deep Purple, The Wall of Pink Floyd and etc.

atleast its better than the obligatory "nevermind" at number one. Believe it or not, since you were not canvassed for your vote then this poll does not represent you. Your disagreeing is understandable as music is a largely cultural phenomenon. So don't get angry. Both radiohead and oasis have been the two most influential bands in britain over the last decade, so their being highly placed is understandable. Look at polls from france and they include french bands up their with the beatles, rolling stones etc yet they'll be unknown outside france. Same goes for most countries.

And your generalisations about the english are exactly what i'd expect from a lazy, fat american/arrogant frenchy/efficient german/etc (delete as applicable)

But from someone who obviously has it in for radiohead i wouldn't expect a great deal of tolerance.....
Holy War
Banned
Headliner

READ MY LIPS

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 11:16:55 PM »

atleast its better than the obligatory"nevermind" at number one. Believe it or not, since you were not canvassed for your vote then this poll does not represent you. Your disagreeing is understandable as music is a largely cultural phenomenon. So don't get angry. Both radiohead and oasis have been the two most influential bands in britain over the last decade, so their being highly placed is understandable. Look at polls from france and they include french bands up their with the beatles, rolling stones etc yet they'll be unknown outside france. Same goes for most countries.

And your generalisations about the english are exactly what i'd expect from a lazy, fat american/arrogant frenchy/efficient german/etc (delete as applicable)

But from someone who obviously has it in for radiohead i wouldn't expect a great deal of tolerance.....

Any time Nevermind DOESN'T get the top spot in a poll is good, but I don't think a Radiohead album is any better.

I mean, of all time???!!!

Give me a break.

Better to at least go with obligatory Beatles album at #1.

If the Lord has a controversy with the nations He will put them to the sword.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 03:13:57 AM »

I`m just shoked!!! #1 album of all time according to Channel 4 i sOk Computer of Radiohead Shocked

Gyns N`Roses Apetitte For Destruction is on 9 position, Oasis debut is on 6 - rant

atleast its better than the obligatory "nevermind" at number one. Believe it or not, since you were not canvassed for your vote then this poll does not represent you. Your disagreeing is understandable as music is a largely cultural phenomenon. So don't get angry. Both radiohead and oasis have been the two most influential bands in britain over the last decade, so their being highly placed is understandable. Look at polls from france and they include french bands up their with the beatles, rolling stones etc yet they'll be unknown outside france. Same goes for most countries.

It`s very funny!!!  Grin
I really enjoy this  rofl Thanks for makin my day!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: