Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:59:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How do these guys keep their cool??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do these guys keep their cool??  (Read 3087 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: September 24, 2005, 10:17:06 AM »

we all know everyone in the new band has been very dedicated and patient over the years with probably a few letdowns.. I'm sure many have been waiting for the big break and really want to hear the material they have put down years ago... They must have thought it was goinhg to happen a lot sooner or even recently.. Do you think anyone in the band ever calls axl and says come on man it's time already? Does any of them ever have a few to many beers and feel bad and let axl now they are ready and want to hit the road with him?? I know axl runs the show and I know they have other smaller things going on to keep them busy but being in the band for so long and not having one album or real tour must drive some of the guys nuts.. They always read about cd as being this album that will never get done or happen, how unstable and reclusive axl is...  it must eat them up at times wondering if it will ever happen, if all that time they took getting it right (in axl's eyes) will ever see the light of day.. Some might wonder if BH was the only one who saw it right.. How can 7 guys with all different agendas and personalities keep from exploding knowing this is their big break and maybe their best material all controled by one man who is not reliable..Huh You can't just say they know axl will come through or the gnr name will be the key because anything can happen.. Knowing they get tons of questions regarding cd all the time but can't even speak frankly about a band they are apart of..
Everyone's human so what prevents one of these guys from going off the deep end getting really pissed at axl and the time he has taken on their careers after they gave him everything they had?Huh
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:29:17 AM »

Im sure they do all those things. Heck Bucket left because of it, so it must be a topic within the confines of the studi and phone calls.

Its also known that RObin and Axl have gotten into it a couple of times. SO I'm sure this topic had a role in it as well.

But overall I dont think they are frusterated as us because a} they know the situation and whats going on and b} they have already heard the material.

They all know what Axls goals were for this project. We don't. So that in itself keeps them calm.

One day a couple of centuries from now we will hear the great work of this band. And the band will get thier credit and respect that they will have desereved and more importantly earned....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 12:24:38 PM »

Well man, I know im kinda rude, but when those Guys --bucket boy, robin and Mantia --, became a part of Guns N Roses, and knowing Axl, they should have known, they have nothing to do in the band, but receiving orders from Axl, They should be by now, used to it... its part of  their jobs, what would make them think they had some kind of influence in the band, even if they help in the process of composition... I think as I said, before, Those guys are just a media, or a way to reach perfection for Axl,  but at last he is who takes the final decission and so far, he doesnt seem happy with the results, or maybe he is just waiting the right moment... the nu gnr are hired, and probably they would have never choosen Gnr, as an influencial band,  just like I read in a 2000 interview with Axl, "they in the beggining refused to play the old songs" that is cause Gnr, wasnt something they had in their souls and hearts...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 01:27:01 PM »

its part of  their jobs, what would make them think they had some kind of influence in the band, even if they help in the process of composition...
um, isnt the making of the music the most important thing for a band? What else would you like these guys to do? They have no say in when the album comes out. So does that make them hired guns? Rock Band= Music.....Music=Band....New Gnr Helped make the music. I know they dont go out shopping together on a daily basis but honestly who gives a flying fuck?And if you do...why?

Those guys are just a media, or a way to reach perfection for Axl,  but at last he is who takes the final decission and so far, he doesnt seem happy with the results, or maybe he is just waiting the right moment... the nu gnr are hired

STOP THE PRESSES! The members in GNR are hired! No way Really? It amazes me that people on here dont realize that. Yes, the guys have been hired. In case you forgot the old band broke up. So in order for Uncle Axl to pick up the pieces and continue GNR, he had to create a new band. Now again, in case you forgot, Uncle Axl made a name for himself quite some time ago. So at this point in time he wasnt living in gutter and wasnt really hanging out and clubs and bars. So he didnt meet his future band mates by chance. They were selected on their previous work and basically word of mouth from other membersand friends. So unike most bands these guys didnt meet on 1 drunken night.

As for the end of your comment. You basically, kinda described old gnr. Axl was the captain. It was his way or no way. His videos or no way. His showtime or no showtime. Get my drift? Were they hired guns to help create Axls vision?

Its no secret that Axls controls the ship. That doesnt mean he doesnt get input from the other members in regards to band direction, goals,tours,videos,etc. But ultimately...like with the old band he has the final say.....

Bu what is most important is that in regards to the creating and writing of the music...like the old band, Axl and the freaks work as a "band". They make the songs together. Everyone will have their own lil stamp on it. You brough up a quote...now i ask you to read all the quotes about the recording process.... ok

As for your quote....so the fuck what. Dont you think its better that they dont wanna play the old stuff. See this is exacetly what I mean...most of you haters want your cake and eat it to. Now if he said he would want to play the gnr songs u would turnaround and say that tommy and the freaks wants to ride the gnr name and songs.

These guys are playing the old stuff for you. Not for them. They sucked it up on the 2002 tour because Axl felt you the fan would appreciate the old songs 1 last time and hold u over till the new stuff. The guys played them and for the most part held their own. So fuck off.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 02:16:49 PM »

I bet the're laughing all the way to the bank!!

The cashing of my paycheck starts now!!

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 04:10:16 PM »

how do they keep cool?

hot groupie sex  Tongue

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »

How do these guys keep their cool??
I don't have anything to add to younggunner's answer, really.

Don't you rather wonder how Jarmo, the mods or other long-time fans like Estranged33, nytunez, voodoo?etc (too many to list here but you know who) keeps their cool??  Tongue

Well man, I know im kinda rude, but when those Guys --bucket boy, robin and Mantia --, became a part of Guns N Roses, and knowing Axl, they should have known, they have nothing to do in the band, but receiving orders from Axl, They should be by now, used to it... its part of  their jobs, what would make them think they had some kind of influence in the band, even if they help in the process of composition..

Nope. they shouldn't. that's not what captain A wants, I bet.
Otherwise, for what should he choose such individuals as you said below?

probably they would have never choosen Gnr, as an influencial band,  just like I read in a 2000 interview with Axl, "they in the beggining refused to play the old songs" that is cause Gnr, wasnt something they had in their souls and hearts...

to Add to YG's post,
It's only natural for musicians to prefer playing the songs they write recently.
and some people's reaction to the band for playing the old materials was too predictable.
Haven't you ever heard that "cover band" calling?

What Axl says there rather proves that Axl doesn't want ass kissers in the band.  The inflow of various ideas from these clear-cut individualities of different musical background is what the spirit of GN'R requires. When Two heads are better than one, how much better 7~ 8 heads must be.

As for the final says, directing or other chores, too many cooks are likely to spoil the broth. You know, Too many captains wreck the ship.

To sum up, it appears that the bonds of trust (in each other and the music) between those freaks are much stronger than the former ones. headbanger
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 05:46:42 PM »

I don't have anything to add to younggunner's answer, really.

Don't you rather wonder how Jarmo, the mods or other long-time fans like Estranged33, nytunez, voodoo?etc (too many to list here but you know who) keeps their cool??

Not like you can be a longtime fan really.. maybe they live by the "live your life" slogan
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 05:55:45 PM »

how do they keep cool?

hot groupie sex? Tongue

Wouldn't that make them hot?  Tongue

It is quite interesting, Mike.  Undecided

Why don't you just....
Kitano
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 07:49:31 PM »

how do they keep cool?

hot groupie sex? Tongue

Wouldn't that make them hot?? Tongue

It is quite interesting, Mike.? Undecided

Hot groupie sex is cool.  smoking
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 09:00:29 PM »

how do they keep cool?

hot groupie sex? Tongue

Hot groupie sex is cool.? smoking

That's quite the paradox.   hihi
On topic Giuliana, it must tell you this band's put some good shit together eh?  Something in my gut tells me no matter how good the money for nothing is, if the product isn't quality, these guys would have been gone a long time ago.  The true answer, like most things in GNR-Land, is we don't know.  My speculation on Bucket leaving is just ego.  He probably didn't dig being a co-lead guitarist.  Who knows, ask his chicken.   Huh

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 09:24:51 PM »

how do they keep cool?

hot groupie sex? Tongue

That's quite the paradox.? ?hihi
On topic Giuliana, it must tell you this band's put some good shit together eh?? Something in my gut tells me no matter how good the money for nothing is, if the product isn't quality, these guys would have been gone a long time ago.? The true answer, like most things in GNR-Land, is we don't know.? My speculation on Bucket leaving is just ego.? He probably didn't dig being a co-lead guitarist.? Who knows, ask his chicken.? Huh?

I agree man.. I just figured someone would have snapped by now just knowing years are passing without getting the rewards or seeing the fans of the future. Plus the endless questions they get on the album.As for them not leaving, why should they.. Doesn't take much time or responsibilty right now being in the band.. They could never get any better then were this could lead in their current projects
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 09:57:03 PM »

how do they keep cool?

hot groupie sex? Tongue

That's quite the paradox.? ?hihi
On topic Giuliana, it must tell you this band's put some good shit together eh?? Something in my gut tells me no matter how good the money for nothing is, if the product isn't quality, these guys would have been gone a long time ago.? The true answer, like most things in GNR-Land, is we don't know.? My speculation on Bucket leaving is just ego.? He probably didn't dig being a co-lead guitarist.? Who knows, ask his chicken.? Huh?

I agree man.. I just figured someone would have snapped by now just knowing years are passing without getting the rewards or seeing the fans of the future. Plus the endless questions they get on the album.As for them not leaving, why should they.. Doesn't take much time or responsibilty right now being in the band.. They could never get any better then were this could lead in their current projects

Seriously mikegiuliana, what amazes me even more is the total lack of information passed down to the public.  Honestly, you'd think somebody somewhere at some time would leak info. anonymously.  IRS is just about all we've gotten.  Maybe Axl's let everyone know that for every leak, another year will go by, who the hell knows, this is insane.   Angry   Aw dammit, I still love this band  love.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Holy War
Banned
Headliner

READ MY LIPS

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 11:19:20 PM »

Seems to me that anybody connected with GN'R aka Axl walks very softly and does what they are told.? Including management.?

I think the plan is to let the mad genius alone until he's ready.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 12:10:36 AM by Holy War » Logged

If the Lord has a controversy with the nations He will put them to the sword.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 05:58:02 AM »

Seems to me that anybody connected with GN'R aka Axl walks very softly and does what they are told.? Including management.?

I think the plan is to let the mad genius alone until he's ready.

Isn't everything done for a long time already? I see nothing wrong with letting him pick the songs or tweak but what would get someone upset or annoyued would be finishing then years go by with no progress
Holy War
Banned
Headliner

READ MY LIPS

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 07:54:51 PM »

Isn't everything done for a long time already? I see nothing wrong with letting him pick the songs or tweak but what would get someone upset or annoyued would be finishing then years go by with no progress

Man you are preaching to the choir.

While I still have every confidence of Axl's talent, as well as his ability to guide other musicians into producing an incredible alubm, he really has painted himself into a corner.

Obviously the GN'R name makes the bar high to start with.

Beyond that, Chinese Democracy has had an almost mythical reputation from the get-go that nothing less than perfection (realizing that's subjective) will do.

As if the expectations weren't already virtually unreachable, the longer time goes by, even more is expected - nay, required - from Axl.

And nobody realizes this more than Mr. Rose.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 08:47:42 PM »

I think the only thing keeping them in GNR is the promise of something spectacular. It cant just be about the money. Just imagine the opportunities they all passed on over the years. They will not hang around forever. They're all basically in the prime of their lives. I cant imagine them wasting any more years to have nothing to show for it. CD could be the greatest album ever recorded. But if it doesn't get released, its the most meaningless album ever recorded. So at some point, the "hired guns" are going to take a stand.

Holy War
Banned
Headliner

READ MY LIPS

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 09:04:56 PM »

I think the only thing keeping them in GNR is the promise of something spectacular. It cant just be about the money. Just imagine the opportunities they all passed on over the years. They will not hang around forever. They're all basically in the prime of their lives. I cant imagine them wasting any more years to have nothing to show for it. CD could be the greatest album ever recorded. But if it doesn't get released, its the most meaningless album ever recorded. So at some point, the "hired guns" are going to take a stand.

Great point.

While they may be frustrated over the wait, everyone of them has expressed a lot of confidence in the material itself.

Well, except Buckethead.  But that my just be because he doesn't talk.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 09:15:38 AM »

I agree with the post of YG and myself sum it up like this:

Your 'cool' isn't something you keep, as much as it is something you keep returning to
There are for all of us things in our lives beyond our control.
To recognize these things while also recognizing your ability to excercise free will is to transcend.
They have choices.  They have had choices all along and continue to express their choice of remaining available to GN'R.
Buckethead, for example, made a decision.  They are all likewise able to make their choices.
While there are things beyond their control (ie: the album release), they still have free will.
There may be times they stress about it, but their belief that things are going to work out just fine enables them to work through it.
That they keep any such episodes of stress private is the right thing to do for the best interests of the band.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 09:52:02 AM »

I think the only thing keeping them in GNR is the promise of something spectacular. It cant just be about the money. Just imagine the opportunities they all passed on over the years.

This is basiaclly the only part of your post I agree with. The guys know the quality of the material is great and they know how huge this thing could be once it's released. I remember reading an interview from Richard a few years ago saying GNR was his dream band because of the talent involved in it. So that really shows how these guys feel. Im pretty sure the guys cabt wait to get back out on thew road but they can wait because they know once everything happens is gonna be an amazing ride for them.  ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: