Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Next American Tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next American Tour?  (Read 6962 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 11:59:23 AM »

Yes, if the music is 'good', GN'R will be popular again. ?However, those who back tours don't make decisions based on subjective valuation of the quality of the music. ?(the music business itself does not/can not even make any such subjective valuation: ?"The industry harvests the aggregate taste of music lovers and sells it back to us as popularity..." (http://www.shirky.com/writings/music_flip.html). ?The decion of those who back tours is primarily one of financial analysis based on how popular a band is. ?The popular appeal must be first established. ?Evidence that popular appeal has been established comes in the form of record/album sales, radio play, and a 'presence' in the market - a "buzz". ?How to establish that presence is the business of ?marketing. ?

The fact that Guns N' Roses is "Guns N' Roses" is of immense value and can not be underestimated. ?
Guns N' Roses only need not betray what "Guns N' Roses" is recognized as.
Some have pointed out that the abscense of Slash betrays what "Guns N' Roses" is.
What must be overcome is the perception that "Guns N' Roses" ceases to be "Guns N' Roses" due to Slash's absence.
Therefore, what "Guns N' Roses" is presented as, is what must be promoted to that end.
The history of Guns N' Roses must be cosidered, and its present state must be cosidered as evolution inherent in that history.
The changes manifested by that evolution must be recognized as, (therefore presented as), a necessary element or product of what is "Guns N' Roses".
As in evolution, the present state is derivative of the earlier stages, and to be considered 'good' must be considered as necessary.
To be accepted as "Guns N' Roses", Guns N' Roses as it is presently must be accepted and understood as the necessary and natural product of itself.

I believe that Axl has always maintained that the nature of "Guns N' Roses", beyond who was in the band, is defined by and is that which it produces.
Beyond even the actual music created, Guns N' Roses has produced an energy (or spirit) sustatined by its exchange - multiplied amongst those to whom it appeals, returning in an intesified state to its source - continually renewed through this circular motion I believe that this energy/spirit has remained constant. ?I believe that the spirit or nature of Guns N' Roses has not changed, and as such I believe that Guns N' Roses is what it has always been - and I believe that Guns N' Roses is what its nature has dictated it is destined to be.

Whatever market approach or promotion tools are employed, I expect that rather than trying to convince the market that Guns N' Roses is what it's always been, they will simply show / express what Guns N' Roses is - and it will be up to the individual to either recognize it to be (the same) Guns N' Roses, to decide whether it is authentic, and decide whether it appeals to them.

In my opinion, Guns N' Roses need only to be authentic to acheive popular appeal in the market. ?And I believe that Guns N' Roses was, is, and always will be authentic/true to its nature.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 12:06:57 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2005, 12:20:47 PM »

I think they should do 1 Pay Per View show this way he only has to show up for one show and it can be broadcast\rebroadcast to a lot of places at once. Grin
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2005, 05:05:17 PM »

They should first play in Europe. arenas/stadiums gigs.

They were selling about 7,000 tickets a show - saying they should play stadiums is laughable. Maybe when the second album arrives.....
Lets rephrase that - "Axl was selling 7,000 tickets a show."- That's pretty damned great for an artist that had been out of the limelight for nine years. Plus the European shows were doing 30,000+ a night.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Dust N Rose
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2005, 09:42:20 AM »

I always wondered why GN'R cannot sell many tickets in U.S.A. as they do in Europe or South America. What the heck, 250 million people live in the states. Is the taste of music that different?

Btw, the Greatest Hits was a promotion of GN'R name after all. The 2002 shows would be less empty if they were done after GH, not to mention if they had an album to promote.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »

but in europe it were festivals, there are always 30000+ people at a festival....

Like peeing clouds!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2005, 12:10:07 PM »

I agree with the people who think, Nu Gnr, "comeback", will bring more people than in 2002, specially abroad USA, but, in the  States, I honestly think they  have really different tastes of Music, specially now, that Hip Hop, R&B. and black music style  is allegedly the coolest thing around... (Opinion wich I dont share), but until Rock becomes Popular in the mainstream again,  and considering that Nu Gnr, is a 1-man band only, there will be no more than 10.000, people gathered in Nu Gnr shows in the States.

@;--,.--.,------- tpr
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2005, 03:57:51 PM »

They need to play a very small 1st leg in America/Canada, I'm talking theaters and clubs to raise word of mouth:

Vegas
Seattle
Los Angeles
Dallas
Nashville
Miami
Toronto
Boston
New York

Then kick off the "international" part in Rio with a HUGE concert.

Play a few big shows in Asia:

Tokyo
Osaka
Hong Kong

Over to a lengthy leg in Europe:

London
Manchester
Glasgow
Dublin
Paris
Brussels
Rome
Copenhagen
Barcelona
Madrid
Lisbon
Oslo
Munich
Berlin
Amsterdam

Some of those places they could pull a two nighter.

Head over to Sydney (Australia) for a couple of shows.

Back to America/Canada where they play arenas!

Boston (2-3 shows)
East Rutherford
Atlanta
Ft. Lauderdale
Nashville
Cleveland
Columbus
Indianapolis
Chicago (2-3 shows)
Louisville
Washington DC
Philadelphia (2-3 shows)
Hartford
Albany
Denver
Phoenix
Milwaukee
Minneapolis
New York (2-3 shows)
Montreal
Calgary
London Ontario (2-3 shows)
Tacoma
Vegas (2-3 shows)
Los Angeles (2-3 shows)
San Diego
Anaheim

Finish with a huge show in Mexico City...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 04:28:54 PM »

Axl will make money outside the states, its in the states were touring gets risky. Skeptisim among american GNR fans seemed to make Axl self-concious and he had trouble attending and finishing shows in North America. Hes more accepted in other countries though, so thats where he should be touring. Remember rumors that Axl would tour Europe last summer? It shows he thought of playing those areas first.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2005, 05:10:30 PM »

oh i totally agree with this. great replies in this thread.. i also do think they should start touring outside the US after the cd comes out and then start small and grow from there...

Axl will make money outside the states, its in the states were touring gets risky. Skeptisim among american GNR fans seemed to make Axl self-concious and he had trouble attending and finishing shows in North America. Hes more accepted in other countries though, so thats where he should be touring. Remember rumors that Axl would tour Europe last summer? It shows he thought of playing those areas first.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2005, 05:15:11 PM »

I think everyone from America is huge in oversees. I bet right-said-Fred could play infront of 100,000 people. Yes, I know Maiden are from the UK peace

bullshit

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2005, 05:40:02 PM »

While admitting that Minzhu's idea is realistic at this point of time, I expect

a dramatical turn of events to happen when MTV or the like puts their first video on the air.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2005, 06:03:48 PM »

CHINESE DEMOCRACY will be the key of everything: a #1 album and a #1 single (da vinci code soundtrack? why not?) pushed by a solid and strong promotion, and things will re-start as the good old days. Maybe not as big, but big enough to satisfy everybody. The music is the most important thing and will always be. Don't forget that.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 06:05:40 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2005, 06:24:26 PM »

The music is the most important thing and will always be. Don't forget that.
unless int's contraband then it's album sales rofl
Dust N Rose
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2005, 07:00:49 AM »

The music is the most important thing and will always be. Don't forget that.
unless int's contraband then it's album sales rofl

LOl!

At least I have a feeling that Chinese Democracy will sell more than Contraband. More than 1,7 million, that is. Does anyone believe the opposite?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2005, 07:47:59 PM »

It should sell 2-3 million on name recognition alone. Im guessing CD will sell about 5 million in the US. I always thought that many bought greatest hits thinking there may be a new track on it.
Madcap
Rocker

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2005, 10:24:29 AM »

how many dates should it be?? im thinking a mix of big theaters and arenas myself...
approximately 30 shows to start off with.

discuss:

funny thing! i was working on saturday, and this guy came in looking for Gn'R tickets. he goes on saying that his friend told him and that is was at the rogers centre (skydome). i was trying not to laugh, i just told him that there was no tour being planed. he looked disappointed.

when i get to work today i'll check ticketmaster just to make sure

Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2005, 07:02:30 PM »

While admitting that Minzhu's idea is realistic at this point of time, I expect

a dramatical turn of events to happen when MTV or the like puts their first video on the air.

Well, I dont know if MTV, is really interested in showing a Nu Gnr video, maybe they will air it in MTV 2, and that is all, you know those guys and their tastes...
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2005, 08:16:24 PM »

Yes, if the music is 'good', GN'R will be popular again. ?However, those who back tours don't make decisions based on subjective valuation of the quality of the music. ?(the music business itself does not/can not even make any such subjective valuation: ?"The industry harvests the aggregate taste of music lovers and sells it back to us as popularity..." (http://www.shirky.com/writings/music_flip.html). ?The decion of those who back tours is primarily one of financial analysis based on how popular a band is. ?The popular appeal must be first established. ?Evidence that popular appeal has been established comes in the form of record/album sales, radio play, and a 'presence' in the market - a "buzz". ?How to establish that presence is the business of ?marketing. ?

The fact that Guns N' Roses is "Guns N' Roses" is of immense value and can not be underestimated. ?
Guns N' Roses only need not betray what "Guns N' Roses" is recognized as.
Some have pointed out that the abscense of Slash betrays what "Guns N' Roses" is.
What must be overcome is the perception that "Guns N' Roses" ceases to be "Guns N' Roses" due to Slash's absence.
Therefore, what "Guns N' Roses" is presented as, is what must be promoted to that end.
The history of Guns N' Roses must be cosidered, and its present state must be cosidered as evolution inherent in that history.
The changes manifested by that evolution must be recognized as, (therefore presented as), a necessary element or product of what is "Guns N' Roses".
As in evolution, the present state is derivative of the earlier stages, and to be considered 'good' must be considered as necessary.
To be accepted as "Guns N' Roses", Guns N' Roses as it is presently must be accepted and understood as the necessary and natural product of itself.

I believe that Axl has always maintained that the nature of "Guns N' Roses", beyond who was in the band, is defined by and is that which it produces.
Beyond even the actual music created, Guns N' Roses has produced an energy (or spirit) sustatined by its exchange - multiplied amongst those to whom it appeals, returning in an intesified state to its source - continually renewed through this circular motion I believe that this energy/spirit has remained constant. ?I believe that the spirit or nature of Guns N' Roses has not changed, and as such I believe that Guns N' Roses is what it has always been - and I believe that Guns N' Roses is what its nature has dictated it is destined to be.

Whatever market approach or promotion tools are employed, I expect that rather than trying to convince the market that Guns N' Roses is what it's always been, they will simply show / express what Guns N' Roses is - and it will be up to the individual to either recognize it to be (the same) Guns N' Roses, to decide whether it is authentic, and decide whether it appeals to them.

In my opinion, Guns N' Roses need only to be authentic to acheive popular appeal in the market. ?And I believe that Guns N' Roses was, is, and always will be authentic/true to its nature.

Wow. Now THAT is a great post. Good job,Eva.? I aggre with the "spirit" of GN'R. I mean,Axl is away for several years and averages thousands of people a night with no new album. I don't think many artists could do the same.

? I also agree with other posts about a small U.S. tour,maybe after a larger world tour. He has to prove he is reliable and can show up.? I'd say he should play no more than 20 cities in America.
 And PHILLY gets a FREE one!!!!!!!!? yes? beer? Hell,he should start the Tour HERE!!
Yes,you heard it here first!!? The new tour starts in Philly as "mea culpe" to us.? Grin?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2005, 03:04:05 PM »

Wow. Now THAT is a great post. Good job,Eva.? I aggre with the "spirit" of GN'R. I mean,Axl is away for several years and averages thousands of people a night with no new album. I don't think many artists could do the same.  

Thank you Matt!  Smiley

That's what we're all doing here, I believe, keeping that "spirit" or energy of GN'R alive amongst ourselves and readying to exchange it with GN'R upon their emergence.  Can you imagine how refreshed and re-newed it will be then... when tha spirit is imfused and imbued with the expressions and feelings of the new material.  Wherever they will tour - whenever it will be, it's going to be absolutely fuckin' amazin'.  The energy is going to be intensedrool  As such, regardless of the specific venues they will play - the GN'R spirit will criss-cross the globe.   beer
Chief
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2005, 03:40:16 PM »

let's hope so.  they definitely have a lot of PR to do to get their image back in the public eye.. and of course the new material is really important in that journey.

Does anyone know how long before an actual tour starts that a tour is planned?

GNRONLINE.COM Starts Now!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: