Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:03:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Next American Tour?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next American Tour?  (Read 6966 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: September 23, 2005, 01:35:37 AM »

how many dates should it be?  im thinking a mix of big theaters and arenas myself...
approximately 30 shows to start off with.

discuss:

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 02:25:57 AM »

I don't know how many.. I think they should do a kind of test tour where they book 10-15 shows to see how it goes, to make sure axl makes the gigs.. If all goes good with attendance and no riots or problems hit as many states as possible, and if they are really big hit certain arenas twice (ie msg). I think whoever sponsors the tour is taking a big risk that is why the mini tour should happen first..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 03:32:20 AM »

They should Tour the world first (Europe, south america, japan, asia) and then later, tour in the US.
They should first play in Europe. arenas/stadiums gigs.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 04:31:01 AM »

A secret gig in my apartment would be nice Grin

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 05:03:51 AM »

They were selling about 7,000 tickets a show - saying they should play stadiums is laughable. Maybe when the second album arrives.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 06:42:55 AM »

Mike is absolutely right. A mini tour has to take place before there is any mention of a world tour. Maybe something like the 'Here Today..Gone To Hell' tour of 1991. Just a few shows to generate buzz for something bigger, and it would be like live rehearsals for the band. But personally, I dont think a world tour is even feasible. No one is gonna back it, and if they did, they will gasp at what the insurance costs are gonna be. Plus the last tour wasn't a huge sellout. Promoters will not be lining up for GNR. Too much risk, not enough reward. Instead of a large world tour, GNR might have to do several mini tours in each part of the globe they wish to perform in.

spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 06:48:22 AM »

Simple really release a killer single and then follow that up with a great album, Then do a tour.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 06:56:29 AM »

Mike is absolutely right. A mini tour has to take place before there is any mention of a world tour. Maybe something like the 'Here Today..Gone To Hell' tour of 1991. Just a few shows to generate buzz for something bigger, and it would be like live rehearsals for the band. But personally, I dont think a world tour is even feasible. No one is gonna back it, and if they did, they will gasp at what the insurance costs are gonna be. Plus the last tour wasn't a huge sellout. Promoters will not be lining up for GNR. Too much risk, not enough reward. Instead of a large world tour, GNR might have to do several mini tours in each part of the globe they wish to perform in.

World tour is easy - the band will draw 30,000+ a night in most parts of the world. Asia, South America, and places in Europe, no problem. It's America where the mini-tour is needed. A true 30-date WORLD tour could look like this:

Asia/Europe:

Hong Kong (warm-up gig)

Tokyo, Japan
Osaka, Japan (they can draw good crowds here)

Belgium
Germany
France
Spain
Netherlands
UK

some other european nations (maybe some festivals? RIR?)

North America:

New York
Boston
Los Angles
Dallas
Toronto
London (Ontario, Canada)
Albany
Edmonton/Calgary (or both)
Tampa Bay (or somewhere in Florida)
Los Vegas
Cleveland

Detroit
Philly

And maybe one or two others. Iffy on Philly and Motown since the last shows there were fucked, but they had a sellout in Philly and a 2nd night had they showed up. 10-12 shows would be good.

Hit South America. Brazil, Chile, Argentina. Where ever else... and then back to North America, do some more shows building off the first ones, and then some more European dates, maybe Australia, and you've got a tour.

None of this 40 shows in places like Buttfuck Mississipi... not when you've been without an album for over a decade.
badapple81
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 08:03:32 AM »

Don't forget Australia  Cry
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 08:18:55 AM »

i think axl should arrange for a special show for those at this website. He contacts Jarmo gets a list of those who are registered up until today and its invite to these people only. The gig takes place a week before the new album comes out. There is no support act, we get an exclusive playback of the album instead. Gn'r then play 2hrs of mixed old and new stuff. There will be one off tshirts and programmes available to purchase limited to one per person.

It has to take place in la though just to add that quality touch.

I wish..............
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 08:37:24 AM »

i think axl should arrange for a special show for those at this website. He contacts Jarmo gets a list of those who are registered up until today and its invite to these people only. The gig takes place a week before the new album comes out. There is no support act, we get an exclusive playback of the album instead. Gn'r then play 2hrs of mixed old and new stuff. There will be one off tshirts and programmes available to purchase limited to one per person.

It has to take place in la though just to add that quality touch.

I wish..............

LOL...I like this idea! I would hold it in N.Y. though  Wink

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 08:47:34 AM »

As I have been telling you guys, if they are gonna play in Latin America, Guns N Roses should definitevily, play in Bolivia, because its the centre of the continent, and as I explained you before, I think thousands of GNR fans, from the whole continent are going there, if would be an amazing experince, a  50.000 stadium,  or even more, with latin american fans from everywhere,  Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, colombia, and more, all Gathered to see the greatest  frontman of all times, Axl Rose...

well At least that is my dream...

@;-m,--,m-------m,-,-m tpr
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 08:58:08 AM »

Well whatever they end up doing, I really hope they don't tour until after the album comes out. I think it would be a big mistake. The crowds won't be very big, and Axl will be pissed.... again. They've gotta be smart enough to know this. Nobody knows this band and they really need some music the have created, not just covers of the old band... just my opinion.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 09:12:48 AM »

They were selling about 7,000 tickets a show - saying they should play stadiums is laughable. Maybe when the second album arrives.....

No they weren't. In Europe they were playing in front of a lot of people. People in Europe, Asia, SA and Australia gnr could play stadiums easily.? As for the US they played in front of more than 7000 on a lot of venues sure some of the small cities they played in front of 7000 but that was for a tour with no new album and no promotion.

If gnr released CD, played RIR5, put a song on DVC sound track and played in Europe and Asia first, then played the US at the end of 2006 they could sell out arenas easily.

As for gnr playing clubs like VR that would piss a lot of fans off. Sure it would be awesome for the few fans that could see it but tix would be like $60-100 bucks and no  a lot of people could go. Areans are fine even if the low end if 9-10k people since everyone that want to see them that wanted to. Places like boston, ny and philly would sell out no  matter what, they should just not play in those places like Idaho where the tix wont sell. Just be smart where they play.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 09:15:53 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 09:18:32 AM »

Do you honestly think they would sell out arenas in USA man? Iam as all of you a real gnr fan, but  most of the people respect Slash, and the fact he isnt "IN"anymore, takes a lot of Gnr fans away, I didnt know they only had about 7000 persons, in the north american tours, that is a pitty dude, incredible figures, and unconceveible for a band that used to gather about 70.000 in their home country...    You know the entity, brings all the forces together... axl and slash...
madagas
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 09:19:49 AM »

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hoppin'! ?ok Gnr averaged 8600 per night on the 16 date Us tour in 2002.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 09:29:35 AM »

Carlos, back in 2002 there was no promotion, nothing to promote; no new album, nothing. There was a poor media coverage, a poor promotion. Plus, the image of the new band was catastrophic (because of 2 guys, robin and buckethead), especially for the old fans. But things have changed. First Buckethead is gone, the band is more credible now. Then Robin changed. two problems fixed. When people will watch the band next time, they won't see the cold robotic shredder and the ex-MM wanabee onstage, but a cohesive bunch of guys who Rock together. Something more human, more "real".? Also, the Greatest Hits put GN'R in the hype again, 6 million copies worldwide with a ?few promotion, man this is great! the GTA-San Andreas thing helps Axl to be "cool" again for the youngest, and what is good for Axl is good for GN'R. Plus, Rock music is popular now. Rock comes back. The environement is better for Rock music.

Believe me, the band has much more potencial to hit the general public now than in 2002. GN'R can definitely sell out a couple of stadiums in Europe or South America. To tell you the truth, this is the best line-up since 1993. YES the fact Slash isn't in the band anymore will affect everything, album sales, ticket sales, popularity, everything. The man is a legend. but if the music is good, the new band can be very popular.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 11:34:21 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 11:39:06 AM »

Today it seems like bands who play stadiums are bands with a following and not just necessarily a hit album.

Here in Sweden Iron Maiden played in front of about 50000 people in Gothenburg.

AC/DC has played the same stadium.

Those two bands aren't exactly known for their recent hits.

But the promoters know they have a huge following and make the shows into these big happenings where everybody wants to be. Even people who aren't fans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 11:51:16 AM »

I think everyone from America is huge in oversees. I bet right-said-Fred could play infront of 100,000 people. Yes, I know Maiden are from the UK peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 11:59:12 AM »

I think everyone from America is huge in oversees. I bet right-said-Fred could play infront of 100,000 people. Yes, I know Maiden are from the UK peace

No, look at most of your current American "rock" bands.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: