Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Now that Rita's coming
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Now that Rita's coming  (Read 6351 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 12:10:04 PM »

Very funny, shades, but the truth is that it will Texas which is Bush's state so help will be there immediately!? Wink

i think the truth is that the LOCAL governments there are doing their jobs this time.

but i did hear phil donahue report that bush is the first president to create two massive hurricanes.

yeah ! it's the local governments fault !!!? ?_____0

i think they share alot of the blame. are you saying they do not???

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2005, 12:17:13 PM »

Jessica, there is a difference. The people you described are laughing at their own situation where as you were making fun of the people of Houston's problem. Get a clue. Perhaps, your doctor should describe the ancient shotgun remedy for you, garunteed to work!

What Jessica said was offensive to the people in the South who will have to endure another storm, that's true, but there's no need for such comments, especially on the general board. If you want to attack someone personally, please use Private Messages (PMs). We don't want to read that here.

sandman, I think what WAT-EVER meant was that it was a climate issue in the first place, so it's hard to blame someone. I don't like Bush and his administration but I don't think any politician had anything to do with what happened. It was tough as shit to just enter New Orleans, and the evacuation beforehand wasn't as easy as some people would like to see it. Many people just didn't have the money to get out. Different problem of course in Houston.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2005, 12:21:52 PM »

It took my brother 15 hours to get out of Houston, and he left at 5:15 am. The drive usually takes 3-4 hours. He said the worst part was that the gas stations were out of gas!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2005, 09:30:57 PM »

Very funny, shades, but the truth is that it will Texas which is Bush's state so help will be there immediately!? Wink

i think the truth is that the LOCAL governments there are doing their jobs this time.

but i did hear phil donahue report that bush is the first president to create two massive hurricanes.

Phil Donahue is an absolute moron.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2005, 12:43:13 AM »

I highly doubt Donahue said this.

Roll Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2005, 05:29:44 PM »

Roll Eyes

i think he did. but either way, the statement is true....p. donahue is an absolute moron.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 12:31:50 AM »

Roll Eyes

i think he did. but either way, the statement is true....p. donahue is an absolute moron.

Show linky or clam it.
kanga
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2005, 12:38:25 PM »

It took my brother 15 hours to get out of Houston, and he left at 5:15 am. The drive usually takes 3-4 hours. He said the worst part was that the gas stations were out of gas!

I feel for him, it took me 15 hours to travel what is normally an hour and a half trip.  To save gas we had to turn off the a/c which was unpleasant to say the least, especially with a sick child in the car with a fever.  There was no gas available on the way and I ran out of gas 15 miles from where I was going, which doesn't sound too bad, but at 2:00 am on Friday morning 15 miles was taking 3 to 4 hours.  I hope I never have to go through that again.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2005, 02:05:37 PM »

I feel for him, it took me 15 hours to travel what is normally an hour and a half trip.  To save gas we had to turn off the a/c which was unpleasant to say the least, especially with a sick child in the car with a fever.  There was no gas available on the way and I ran out of gas 15 miles from where I was going, which doesn't sound too bad, but at 2:00 am on Friday morning 15 miles was taking 3 to 4 hours.  I hope I never have to go through that again.

Sorry you had to go through that...with a kid no less.

My brother called Mom and she gave him a "shortcut" through the boonies, off the interstate where he could find gas. If not for that, he would have run out.
kanga
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 11:38:38 AM »

I feel for him, it took me 15 hours to travel what is normally an hour and a half trip.? To save gas we had to turn off the a/c which was unpleasant to say the least, especially with a sick child in the car with a fever.? There was no gas available on the way and I ran out of gas 15 miles from where I was going, which doesn't sound too bad, but at 2:00 am on Friday morning 15 miles was taking 3 to 4 hours.? I hope I never have to go through that again.

Sorry you had to go through that...with a kid no less.

My brother called Mom and she gave him a "shortcut" through the boonies, off the interstate where he could find gas. If not for that, he would have run out.

My ex husband went through the boonies as well but he had his girlfriend with him so he didn't help show us the way.  I'm not sure I would evacuate next time.  I will probably let my daughter go with her dad (since he knows the way!), and I would just hole up in a cupboard.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: