Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Now that Rita's coming
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Now that Rita's coming  (Read 6354 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: September 22, 2005, 12:04:41 PM »

Let's see on an hour to hour, day to day, week to week basis.

Let's be the judges. After all, we've all got tvs.

Right, people flew from louisiana to texas.

Now, they fly texas.

How will the administration handle this ?

Anyone knowing a good bookmaker ?

hihi

Nothing to say
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 01:37:53 PM »

I am sure glad that you can find fun and humor in a potentially horrible disaster.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 03:43:51 PM »

About 80 percent of the world's petrochemcial production is right there. Imagine that going into the water. Oil cleanup is a bit different since it does not mix with water. These chemicals are made to mix with water which could make cleanup nearly impossible. The winters heating oil for US, Canada and Europe are sitting there waiting to be shipped up. And more refeneries could be blown away. To top it off the thing is heading towards the second most populous area of the USA. If it keeps in the direction it is now, we could see something worse than Katrina. Let's hope it does not unfold the way it may, because it can be very ugly this Saturday. They are already predicting 5 dollar gas because of this now.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 04:13:02 PM »

GALVESTON, Texas - Hundreds of thousands of people across the Houston metropolitan area struggled to make their way inland in a vast, bumper-to-bumper exodus Thursday as Hurricane Rita closed in on the nation's fourth-largest city with winds howling at 150 mph.
ADVERTISEMENT

Drivers ran out of gas in 14-hour traffic jams or looked in vain for a place to stay as hotels hundreds of miles in from the coast filled up. Others got tired of waiting in traffic and turned around and went home.

An estimated 1.8 million residents or more in Texas and Louisiana were under orders to evacuate to avoid a deadly repeat of Katrina.

The storm weakened Thursday morning from a top-of-the-scale Category 5 hurricane to a Category 4 as it swirled across the Gulf of Mexico, and forecasters said it could lose more steam by the time it comes ashore late Friday or early Saturday. But it could still be a dangerous storm ? one aimed straight at a section of coastline with the nation's biggest concentration of oil refineries.

"Whatever happens is going to happen and we are going to have a monumental task ahead of us once the storm passes," Galveston City Manager Steve LeBlanc said. "Galveston is going to suffer, and we are going to need to get it back in order as soon as possible."

In New Orleans, meanwhile, Rita's outer bands brought the first measurable rain to the city since Katrina, raising fears that the patched-up levees could give way and cause a new round of flooding.

Highways leading inland out of Houston, a metropolitan area of 4 million people, were clogged up to 100 miles north of the city. Service stations reported running out of gasoline, and police officers carried gas to motorists who ran out. Texas authorities also asked the
Pentagon for help in getting gasoline to drivers stuck in traffic, and sent gasoline tankers to take up positions along evacuation routes to help.

To speed the evacuation, Gov. Rick Perry halted all southbound traffic into Houston along Interstate 45 and took the unprecedented step of opening all eight lanes to northbound traffic out of the city for 125 miles. I-45 is the primary evacuation route north from Houston and nearby Galveston.

Trazanna Moreno tried to leave Houston for the 225-mile trip to Dallas on U.S. 90 but turned back after getting stuck in traffic.

"We ended up going six miles in two hours and 45 minutes," said Moreno, whose neighborhood is not expected to flood. "It could be that if we ended up stranded in the middle of nowhere that we'd be in a worse position in a car dealing with hurricane-force winds than we would in our house."

With traffic at a dead halt, fathers and sons got out of their cars and played catch on freeway medians. Others stood next to their cars, videotaping the scene, or walked between vehicles, chatting with people along the way. Tow trucks tried to wend their way along the shoulders, pulling stalled cars out of the way.

Hotels filled up all the way to the Oklahoma and Arkansas line.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/rita;_ylt=Atv42w619Km1pIbH5Rl9DjqCbpwv;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 05:05:07 PM »

here we go again. Rita has shifted more north, New Orleans may get whacked again. Water is now seeping back into New Orleans thru the weak levees since the first rain bands are now upon them. My god, how much more than these people take?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Kitano
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 05:32:28 PM »

here we go again. Rita has shifted more north, New Orleans may get whacked again. Water is now seeping back into New Orleans thru the weak levees since the first rain bands are now upon them. My god, how much more than these people take?

I would take it as nature saying, "rebuild the city somewhere better, like on a hill".
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 04:46:38 AM »

I am sure glad that you can find fun and humor in a potentially horrible disaster.

Yes, my on horrible disastrous life has taught me that humor is what saves the soul from taking a shotgun and take a one way trip to see the angels.

I have seen leucemic kids laugh.

I have seen people dying laughing.

I have seen people who'd lost all laugh.

Maybe you have too much to understand ?

Nothing to say
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 05:11:30 AM »

Dying of laughter - how horrible, almost as horrible as the rubbish u post every day

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 06:33:21 AM »

I just hope it won't be as bad as Katrina...

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 06:37:16 AM »

Yes, my on horrible disastrous life has taught me that humor is what saves the soul from taking a shotgun and take a one way trip to see the angels.

Where?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 06:47:30 AM »

Where?

White House press conference.

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 06:53:17 AM »

Where?

In hospital, where my grandmother was treated for a terminal cancer.
In hospital intio the kidney ward where i was in 1994 for my own problem and where people were dying, we had a good laugh, i was just out of coma myself.
I saw kids laugh where i sung in a british charity in north london, they had all leucemia.

etc etc

And today, i have health problems agaaain, and i find a way to laugh.

Nothing to say
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 06:54:51 AM »

Dying of laughter - how horrible, almost as horrible as the rubbish u post every day

Piss OFF, i meant i have seen terminally ill people, who could ( contrary to you it seems) find a way to laugh healthily. You can't can you ? you only take the piss out of people to make you look good.

Nothing to say
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 07:59:51 AM »

Where?

In hospital, where my grandmother was treated for a terminal cancer.
In hospital intio the kidney ward where i was in 1994 for my own problem and where people were dying, we had a good laugh, i was just out of coma myself.
I saw kids laugh where i sung in a british charity in north london, they had all leucemia.

etc etc

And today, i have health problems agaaain, and i find a way to laugh.

I've seen people laugh when in a shock

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 08:34:32 AM »

Bush actually 'ordered' Rita into a populas area.
preferably an area rife with minorities.
And help will arrive when they fuckin well are ready to arrive.
Were busy in Iraq, the oil, its all about the oil.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 10:21:36 AM »

Very funny, shades, but the truth is that it will Texas which is Bush's state so help will be there immediately!  Wink

Why don't you just....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 10:43:24 AM »

Very funny, shades, but the truth is that it will Texas which is Bush's state so help will be there immediately!  Wink

Bush Heads To Texas As Rita Nears

Determined to be seen on the job and focused on the hurricane, President Bush heads Friday for Texas....
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/23/politics/main880342.shtml

Fuck 'Em All.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 10:46:21 AM »

Very funny, shades, but the truth is that it will Texas which is Bush's state so help will be there immediately!? Wink

i think the truth is that the LOCAL governments there are doing their jobs this time.

but i did hear phil donahue report that bush is the first president to create two massive hurricanes.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 10:49:35 AM »

Very funny, shades, but the truth is that it will Texas which is Bush's state so help will be there immediately!? Wink

i think the truth is that the LOCAL governments there are doing their jobs this time.

but i did hear phil donahue report that bush is the first president to create two massive hurricanes.

yeah ! it's the local governments fault !!!  ?_____0

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 11:16:33 AM »

Jessica, there is a difference.  The people you described are laughing at their own situation where as you were making fun of the people of Houston's problem.  Get a clue.  Perhaps, your doctor should describe the ancient shotgun remedy for you, garunteed to work!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: