Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:16:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Article (3 CD's Worth Of Material)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Article (3 CD's Worth Of Material)  (Read 6132 times)
rainX
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:27:19 AM »

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci_3042759

http://www.thenewguns.com

Gun N'Roses bandmate leaves fast lane behind but still rocking
By Emily Young

Dizzy Reed wasn't up and at 'em until 1 p.m. Friday.

The keyboardist of Guns N'Roses is touring the East Coast with his cover band, Hookers & Blow, and had a late-night show Thursday in Burlington, Vt.

The band will be here in Fitchburg tonight at the Compound.

"Put your drinking shoes on and come out to rock and roll," Reed said.

The band's name was "an idea that's been floating around for awhile," and took root after Reed rejected the idea of naming it after himself, he said.

"Basically, there are a bunch of guys from Hollywood who play in the clubs together," Reed said. "Hookers & Blow have come through this area six, seven times. A lot of times, it's a different line-up. We're not trying to get a record deal or anything. We just want people to come out and party."

Reed first befriended Guns N'Roses lead singer Axl Rose in Hollywood during the 1980s.

"Early on, Axl (Rose) said they were planning on adding keys and he wanted me to join the band," said Reed, who joined Guns N'Roses in 1990.

Reed resisted relating tales of back-stage insanity, but noted it was a signature part of the Hollywood scene.

"Hollywood in general at that time was nuts. When I joined the band, they were already pretty big. But we drank milk every night, tucked ourselves into bed, and got up for church in the morning," Reed joked.

The now 42-year-old rock star has changed his ways with the passing of time.

"I've mellowed out quite a bit. There are more important things in life than partying all the time. But we manage to have fun still," Reed said.

Reed noted that Rose has altered his lifestyle, too.

"He's just healthier, in a better space," Reed said.

Reed is the only original member of Guns N'Roses to stick by the band's frontman.

"I believe in Axl. We have three CDs worth of songs. Everyone contributed and it all goes into the mill," Reed said. "We did some touring about three years ago, but things are on hold for now. (Rose is) working hard to finish our first record in quite awhile."

Reed has not talked to the other former Guns N'Roses members since they quit during the 1990s.

"People don't realize that (the original band members) quit over time. That one person quit at one time and then the other guy quit. It was a gradual thing," Reed said. "I think no matter what, situations are hard. It's a little like being married to three, four other guys. A lot of musicians have big egos. Early on things are easier and then problems grow over time. But people were so (expletive) up back then that people didn't notice."

Reed considers himself from Colorado, even though his family moved to Boulder, Colo., from Chicago when he was 8 years old.

He first began playing keyboards as a young child.

"I started playing when I was really young, like 6 or 7. My grandma had an organ which I started playing on, and soon after I realized that the instrument was very cool in rock and roll," Reed said. "I was 11 or 12 when I formed my first band. It was called 'Hairy Bananas.' Yeah, from 'Hairy Bananas' to 'Hookers & Blow.'
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:27:37 PM »

Thanks rey!  ok

Hmmm... So, it's 3 cds worth of songs? Maybe the thrilogy stuff is still possible (not at the same time, of course).  drool

madagas
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 12:40:36 PM »

He's lying....burn him at the stake....crucify him.......he's a WITCH........ rofl
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 12:42:19 PM »

I wouldn't put any stock whatsoever in anything Reed says about GNR.  If they had 3 albums worth of material that was decent in any way we would have had CD a long time ago.  He is just saying shit to keep people interested in the project.  I find it funny that he says that the project is on hold for now.  To me that is the mor telling statement.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 12:52:53 PM »

i agree, Charity Case. that statement is very telling.

it's also interesting that after months of hearing nothing (and some desperation/declining interest on all gnr boards), we suddenly get statements from two different members.  Roll Eyes

i hate to make assumptions, and i hope i'm wrong, but it seems like they release these statements just to keep somewhat of a buzz going among the die-hards. so now they keep us hanging on for another 4-6 months (since it's pretty obvious there's little or no chance of it being relased this year).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 12:55:29 PM »

it's also interesting that after months of hearing nothing (and some desperation/declining interest on all gnr boards), we suddenly get statements from two different members.? Roll Eyes

Yeah, isn't it great?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 01:08:50 PM »

I wouldn't put any stock whatsoever in anything Reed says about GNR.  If they had 3 albums worth of material that was decent in any way we would have had CD a long time ago.  He is just saying shit to keep people interested in the project.  I find it funny that he says that the project is on hold for now.  To me that is the mor telling statement.

Oh no of corse we can't believe someone who is actually in the band and who knows about this kind of stuff. No thats a crime to believe those guys. Instead we have to believe some random internet boob about whats going on in GUNS.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:15:49 PM by chineseblues » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 01:10:53 PM »

yes it is.

NOVEMBER !!!  Smiley

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 01:15:55 PM »

If they had 3 albums worth of material that was decent in any way we would have had CD a long time ago.?

So true.

BTW Dizzy said that CD isn't finished. So 2005 is not the year, I have serious doubts about even 2006... Well, 2007 is very likely. Now.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »

He only said that GNR have 3 CD's worth of material.  He mentioned nothing of them actually releasing 3 CDs.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 01:21:49 PM »

He only said that GNR have 3 CD's worth of material.? He mentioned nothing of them actually releasing 3 CDs.

And Axl said that they had 3 albums worth of material back in 1999.

Rollin' on the streets
madagas
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 01:26:46 PM »

No, in 1999 he said they were working on roughly 70 songs and that he had two albums of solidly recorded material. In 2002, Axl mentioned the three album plan. And another fucking thing-the fact that Axl has chosen not to release anything has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE QUALITY OF THE MATERIAL! rant We know nothing-good or bad. To the rest of the band members, the project is on hold. They have completed their parts and put the ball in Axl's court. It is his record/records to complete-not their responsibility. I really wish I could reach through the computer some times and just smack the hell out of some of you. Argghhhhhhh. So jaded and negative.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:31:20 PM by madagas » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 01:38:53 PM »

No, in 1999 he said they were working on roughly 70 songs and that he had two albums of solidly recorded material. In 2002, Axl mentioned the three album plan. And another fucking thing-the fact that Axl has chosen not to release anything has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE QUALITY OF THE MATERIAL! rant We know nothing-good or bad. To the rest of the band members, the project is on hold. They have completed their parts and put the ball in Axl's court. It is his record/records to complete-not their responsibility. I really wish I could reach through the computer some times and just smack the hell out of some of you. Argghhhhhhh. So jaded and negative.

If Axl had been satisfied with the product, he would have released it. Don't you think? I agree that CD can be great, but I'm sure that Axl wasn't satisfied with that. C'mon, it's been 6 years since we know the title of the album... they had 70 songs/ideas in 1999.

Rollin' on the streets
madagas
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 01:47:02 PM »

Axl's crazy as a fruit fly.....that's my rationale. He certainly travels to the beat of a different drummer...and guitarist..and bassist! The fact that he is not satisfied with it, doesn't mean it is not good. It simply means HE isn't satisfied with it. Tommy or me or you may think it is the best thing ever recorded. But, it is Axl's project and HE has to be satisfied with it. Get my drift? Undecided
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 02:07:30 PM »

Axl's crazy as a fruit fly.....that's my rationale. He certainly travels to the beat of a different drummer...and guitarist..and bassist! The fact that he is not satisfied with it, doesn't mean it is not good. It simply means HE isn't satisfied with it. Tommy or me or you may think it is the best thing ever recorded. But, it is Axl's project and HE has to be satisfied with it. Get my drift? Undecided

My thoughts exactly.  peace I've never said that CD can't be fantastic, but Axl's surely insecure about the product. He can be right and can be wrong.

Rollin' on the streets
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »

C'mon, it's been 6 years since we know the title of the album... they had 70 songs/ideas in 1999.

I don't even think "Chinese Democracy" will be the title of the album anymore, if it comes out.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 02:26:36 PM »

If they had three albums of material Geffen/Interscope would force a release - its not concievable an artists could fail to honour his contract, have material available and for the record company to stand idly by when it owns those tapes and legally has every right to take them.....

More crap from Mr Reed....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 02:28:03 PM »

Three albums worth of material doesn't mean three complete albums. It's probably mostly unfinished songs without voice...

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 02:31:08 PM »

Three albums worth of material doesn't mean three complete albums. It's probably mostly unfinished songs without voice...

Well if u include unfinished material then ''three albums'' is still rubbish as he has music from 1994 onwards, thats got to be scores of albums worth of 'incomplete' stuff - including tracks with Izzy and Slash

Quick! To the bandwagon!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 02:31:29 PM »

Geffen/Interscope would force a release
it pays to be very good friends with Merck doesnt it?

Isnt it logical to think that the reason Axl isnt releasing yet is because he isnt ready? By him releasing an album, doing promo, and probably a tour would mean he would have to be committed to doing something that big. you people take for granted that Axl wants the spotlight again. He might not. His actions show that he is quite comfortable with his situation.

hes making a lot of material, getting to "perfect" it or see it through, not much pressure from the label all while remainng in the shadows. maybe he doesant want attention at this point in time. Maybe hes waiting for everything to be "right" {whatever that may be} then he will proceede.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: