Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Article (3 CD's Worth Of Material)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Article (3 CD's Worth Of Material)  (Read 6115 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 02:40:53 PM »

Geffen/Interscope would force a release
it pays to be very good friends with Merck doesnt it?

Isnt it logical to think that the reason Axl isnt releasing yet is because he isnt ready? By him releasing an album, doing promo, and probably a tour would mean he would have to be committed to doing something that big. you people take for granted that Axl wants the spotlight again. He might not. His actions show that he is quite comfortable with his situation.

hes making a lot of material, getting to "perfect" it or see it through, not much pressure from the label all while remainng in the shadows. maybe he doesant want attention at this point in time. Maybe hes waiting for everything to be "right" {whatever that may be} then he will proceede.

I think the record company would be a little pissed off if Axl told them that he didn't want the spotlight again. After like 13 millions. It's another story if he could handle the pains of touring and such a commitment like showing up.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 02:50:12 PM »

Isnt it logical to think that the reason Axl isnt releasing yet is because he isnt ready?

When exactly is 'ready'? It has been said time and time again by musicians the world over that nothing is ever finished in the truest sense of the word. It's what keeps you going for that next album, that next opportunity to better yourself.

Axl has had plenty of time to get ready. If he didn't want the spotlight again he never would have put a new band together, showed up at RIR, showed up on the VMA's, done a tour with the new band, talked to Rolling Stone, or every mentioned anything to the public about his new material. He could have just hung out in his home studio writing songs until the day he died without ever being in the spolight again.

If you are going to talk something up to the press (especially something like a new GnR album with all new guys) then you are ready for the spotlight whether you want to be or not.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2005, 03:10:18 PM »

I think the record company would be a little pissed off if Axl told them that he didn't want the spotlight again. After like 13 millions.
All I said was at this point in time.

Axl has had plenty of time to get ready. If he didn't want the spotlight again he never would have put a new band together, showed up at RIR, showed up on the VMA's, done a tour with the new band, talked to Rolling Stone, or every mentioned anything to the public about his new material. He could have just hung out in his home studio writing songs until the day he died without ever being in the spolight again.
he needs a band to help him make some music doesnt he? And it also tells me that he wants to be out there again...whent though is the ?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 04:04:10 PM »

Has anybody thought of the idea that Axl has complete control over what new material gets released?

Meaning, Geffen can't force him to release something he's not happy with?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 04:07:17 PM »

Has anybody thought of the idea that Axl has complete control over what new material gets released?

/jarmo

i think it's safe to say that most of your die-hard members on this board have thought of every scenario.

but do you honestly believe this is true....that axl owes geffen nothing?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2005, 04:08:12 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, I've thought of that, and I think Slash Duff and Izzy have always forced Axl before to release stuff. Wasn't it said somewhere that Axl wasn't done with illusions when they decided to release them?

And I've also thought, that, with all those guys gone now Axl may just tinker with the "current" recordings forever.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »

/jarmo

i think it's safe to say that most of your die-hard members on this board have thought of every scenario.

I didn't say that.

I said that maybe he has complete control over what new material is released.

There's a slight difference.

"Greatest Hits" was old material and they couldn't stop Geffen from releasing that. But are you 100% sure Axl can't keep working on his new material until he considers it to be done and Geffen has to wait?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2005, 04:54:23 PM »

Yeah, I've thought of that, and I think Slash Duff and Izzy have always forced Axl before to release stuff. Wasn't it said somewhere that Axl wasn't done with illusions when they decided to release them?

And I've also thought, that, with all those guys gone now Axl may just tinker with the "current" recordings forever.

Axl himself said this, but the rest of the band thought the illusions were overdone. Izzy didnt even record some of the songs he wrote because he hated the glossy production that was being added to them. And Axl wanted to add even more production/sound effects. The downside of not waiting is it probably would have been stripped down had Axl waited and saw Nirvana and PJ a year later.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 04:56:22 PM by jabba2 » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2005, 05:11:57 PM »

/jarmo

I didn't say that.

I said that maybe he has complete control over what new material is released.

There's a slight difference.

"Greatest Hits" was old material and they couldn't stop Geffen from releasing that. But are you 100% sure Axl can't keep working on his new material until he considers it to be done and Geffen has to wait?

/jarmo

you didn't say it exactly....but it IS implied. because what if axl is NEVER happy with his material. then he would NEVER release it. which means he wouldn't give geffen anything.

you're saying he may have complete control which means he has the option of never delivering.

i would guess that although there may not be a specific dealine, that he does in fact owe them SOMETHING.

you didn't answer my question, but i am assuming you disagree?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2005, 05:34:15 PM »

"but things are on hold for now. (Rose is) working hard to finish our first record in quite awhile."

Maybe he's been polishing off the words till they glitter.

Rumour has it that The record is currently being sequenced.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 05:40:58 PM »

you're saying he may have complete control which means he has the option of never delivering.

No, I said maybe he can decide when the album is done and ready for release instead of the record company.

If his record contract says "X amount of albums with new material", he probably has to deliver those albums. But if there's no time frame in the contract, they can't force him to release a new album every five years.

/jarmo

fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 05:51:17 PM »

Axl is doing the best he can do and if thats going to be an album full of blues/madagscar quality songs then good on him. I am sure the record company have heard the material he has recorded and are probably very happy.

and as for us, don't they say that good things come to those who wait?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 05:54:52 PM »

yes it is.

NOVEMBER !!!  Smiley

of 2011!

Yeah!

hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2005, 06:26:12 PM »

No, I said maybe he can decide when the album is done and ready for release instead of the record company.

If his record contract says "X amount of albums with new material", he probably has to deliver those albums. But if there's no time frame in the contract, they can't force him to release a new album every five years.

/jarmo

All we really know is that last February/March, Interscope paid their tab as far as studio costs go concerning this project, and went on to add it is now entirely Mr. Rose's resposibility to finance it further if needed. I think Jarmo's scenario is very likely, or maybe they just think so much bad shit has happened to GnR in the past few years, if you give the man his space he'll deliver....big time.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

Well to all the people that  bash me and the others about the three albums of material thing. All I have to say is told ya so.

Lets hope the plan is still to release all three over the next few years.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2005, 07:23:33 PM »

Blah...Blah....Blah. More talk and no official news from the one who counts. It's either a bandmate, or a Manager, or a friend, or a fan.

It doesn't matter if Axl has 100 albums worth of work.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
badapple81
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2005, 07:36:43 PM »

Well to all the people that? bash me and the others about the three albums of material thing. All I have to say is told ya so.

Lets hope the plan is still to release all three over the next few years.

Exactly, they all said it was bullshit.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2005, 07:38:57 PM »

Three Cds don't mean much if we haven't listened to it yet.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2005, 07:46:07 PM »

/jarmo

yeah, i remember Tool said in a interview that they dident have any contract with a timeframe for delivering albums, and in that way, they dont have any pressure on themselvs to release new stuff when they aint ready. I would guess Guns N Roses have the same... I think that its more important to deliver some quality records, than a bunch of bla bla bla... repeat repeat repeat!..
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:15:35 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
badapple81
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »

I can only imagine how particular Axl is with perfection, especially considering as he is now sole-producer isn't he?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: