Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:21:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Poker
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker  (Read 11821 times)
Evolution
« on: September 17, 2005, 02:02:48 PM »

Any board members play poker at all?

Im having my 2nd ever serious game tonight, last time it was a ?10 buy in between 8 making for a ?80 pot and i came 5th  Undecided

Tonight however it is a ?2.50 buy in making for a ?20 pot, but the best part is most of the better players from last time can't make it so i have a good chance of taking home the twenty  Grin

Ill post how i do later on but for now post poker stories, or just yes/no on whether you play it  ok
Chris Misfit
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 02:26:36 PM »

I play Texas Hold Em with mates. Love it. ?20 a head.

Would love to have the financial security to play in real tournaments.
Surfrider
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 02:36:23 PM »

I played all of the time in college. ?It was one of the ways I got my spending money. ?I also played a lot in vegas. ?I haven't, however, played as much since the Poker craze has started. ?If you know how to play though, there is a lot of money to be made because there are more people than ever that try to play that don't know how to.

Here's my worst story:

I was playing 20/40 at the Mandalay Bay in vegas. ?I got A J suited. ?I was in like third position, and I raised before the flop and get called by a few players. ?Flop comes A J 10. ?So I check, then the guy next to me bets, three more call, and then I check raised. ?Everyone called my raise but one. ?The next card comes: another J. ?So I have Js over As, and there is only one hand that can beat me in the game, pocket As. ?I raise, the guy next to me folds, the next guy calls, the next guy folds, and the next guy reraises. ?We both call. ?Final card comes Q. ?There is no possibility of a straight flush on the board. ?I assumed that the other players were on a straight draw, and maybe one had two pair, or the other J. ?I checked because there were two other players in the game. ?If they had anything they would bet, and if they didn't they wouldn't call my bet anyway. ?The guy next to me bets, then the guy next to him raises. ?I am thinking that I am golden and that this guy has a straight, so I reraise. ?The initial better folds. ?The initial raiser finally reraises me, and I call. ?Of course, he had pocket As. ?He just had the perfect hand, and he had the perfect victim in me with a great second hand, and of course a bunch of other stupid players. ?I thought he would have played it more strongly if he had the As, but I was wrong. ?That pot was huge. ?

I think it is in Rounders where they talk about not remembering your biggest wins, but vividly remembering your bad beats. ?That certainly was the case for me.

Good luck in your game. peace ?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 03:26:05 PM »

Play texas hold-em all the time. It truly is the cadillac of poker, love it. It's one of the few games where it doesn't matter what you have, but how you bet. Not always, of course, but if you can bluff really well, you can win alot. No better card game out there.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 06:57:29 PM »

Texas hold-em rules! Just never play with beginners or women: they'll kick your ass!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 08:18:11 PM »

Here here Madman Dan, i got fucked in a nice looking pot with a beginner with 3 aces the bastard, i had 2 pair at the time, after that i went downhill, i tried a big bluff which backfired and just decided to go all in with fucking nothing and i got beat by a king high  Undecided

i came 6th out of 8. And the game is still going on as we speak. We started at 8pm. Ah well win some lose some
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 08:22:05 PM »

The most Ive lost in poker is about $500 Angry

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
Evolution
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 08:28:53 PM »

The most Ive lost in poker is about $500 Angry

My ?2.50 doesn't seem so major anymore  hihi
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 08:35:49 PM »

?2.50?

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
Evolution
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 08:38:07 PM »

?2.50 buy in as we are cheap bastards ok
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 11:15:55 AM »

You guys probably know about this site but www.holdempoker.com has free sign up and is good just to improve your game slightly
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 11:24:16 AM »

I play a lot with friends and online.  I only play the free games online now, as the bastards at the credit card company won't let it be used for online gambling.

With friends, we just play $5 buy in tournament style games.  My best finish there is 3rd (walked home with $17).  As for online, I play at Pokerstars and UltimateBet.  I'll play anything, but my favorites are limit hold 'em (placed 30th in a 3500 player tournament in LH on Pokerstars) and triple draw.  Triple Draw is 5 card draw lowball, and with 3 draws instead of one.  Interesting game.  It's available in both A-5 (where the best hand is A-2-3-4-5, flushes do not count against you, nor do straights), and 2-7 (best hand is 2-3-4-5-7, straights and flushes DO count against you).  I greatly prefer A-5.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Surfrider
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 06:54:09 PM »

I play a lot with friends and online.? I only play the free games online now, as the bastards at the credit card company won't let it be used for online gambling.

With friends, we just play $5 buy in tournament style games.? My best finish there is 3rd (walked home with $17).? As for online, I play at Pokerstars and UltimateBet.? I'll play anything, but my favorites are limit hold 'em (placed 30th in a 3500 player tournament in LH on Pokerstars) and triple draw.? Triple Draw is 5 card draw lowball, and with 3 draws instead of one.? Interesting game.? It's available in both A-5 (where the best hand is A-2-3-4-5, flushes do not count against you, nor do straights), and 2-7 (best hand is 2-3-4-5-7, straights and flushes DO count against you).? I greatly prefer A-5.
All you have to do is open a Netteller account, send the money to them, and then send it from Netteller to website.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 10:57:38 AM »

i play poker on www.partypoker.com with fake money (i dont have any real money to start my own account).

its pretty fun. i play the tournaments, everyone starts off with 800 and its a race from there.

what do you think if some of the people on this board get it too and we can have a htgth texas hold'em championship?

i'm up for it. beer
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 01:22:36 PM »

I'd definitely be up for a HTGTH Hold 'Em tournament, or really any other type of poker.  I'll play anything and everything.  I'm on PokerStars, PartyPoker, and UltimateBet.  Screenname is drew23235 on all of them.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 07:38:33 AM »

i'm iwannarock1 on partypoker.

are there any online poker programs where you can make your own table?

because i dont think u can in party poker.

c'mon an online holdem tournament between HTGTH people could be fun.

don't make me resort to insults to get you to play.............

i mean.............what are you......................yella? hihi
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 07:54:01 AM »

I like playing Texas Holdem. Sometimes I even play for real money online. I don't win much, I don't lose much. The thing though, I like to play with real people instead. Online is fun, but poker is a game in which every little detail counts and applying psychology and looking at the other players, it's something that can't be done online.

I do play for fun with my friends though. We do sometimes bet a few things, drinks, dinners whatever.

I'm up with Oddy, if you guys want to set up some kinda HTGTH poker contest (with play money of course) I'm up for it.

Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 06:55:56 PM »

I like playing Texas Holdem. Sometimes I even play for real money online. I don't win much, I don't lose much. The thing though, I like to play with real people instead. Online is fun, but poker is a game in which every little detail counts and applying psychology and looking at the other players, it's something that can't be done online.

I do play for fun with my friends though. We do sometimes bet a few things, drinks, dinners whatever.

I'm up with Oddy, if you guys want to set up some kinda HTGTH poker contest (with play money of course) I'm up for it.

Sounds good, if it can be done somehow. I'm sure I'd win, though, I've got tons of play money.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 07:12:41 PM »

c'mon an online holdem tournament between HTGTH people could be fun.

don't make me resort to insults to get you to play.............

i mean.............what are you......................yella? hihi

Nobody..... Calls Me Yellow....
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 01:02:22 AM »

ah somebody got the BTTF reference.

and Kiss my Axl we'd have to do it so everyone starts off with equal play money, and then just play elimination til there's only one left.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: