Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl... The Human?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl... The Human?  (Read 3601 times)
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 17, 2005, 11:34:41 AM »

I was just reading the Buckethead Departure Press release... and this line really stuck out to me:

"Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment"

I think it shows Axl actually does care about fans, even though it may not seem like it very often.
It seems like he knows how much we all "hate" him, and I think the treatment part means a lot more than just Buckethead quitting.

I think Axl actually felt the CD was  soon going to be released, but with Bucketheads quitting, he obviously knew that meant there was going to be a huge delay in the albums release. Meaning, that we'd "hate" him even more.

I take that press release as more than just an explanation of Buckethead's departure, but an actual apology of sorts from Axl for everything that we had to go through as fans, and now everything we've been through since Bucket left.
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 11:43:53 AM »

I think the "human" thing to do, was to follow up this announcement with an update in the 2 years that it has been since he first posted it.

If he cared for us as much as it originally appeared, he would realize that there are thousands of people that have been thoroughly disappointed by them time and time again, and a glimmer of hope has been completely shattered with the lack of communication to the people that have essentially provided his lifestyle for a number of years.

You can't promise a kid a cookie, then not deliver, especially after giving them a small bite.  That's just not "human"

P.S.  My frustration over the lack of information is increasing, if you can't tell

Bitch slap rappin'
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 12:02:13 PM »

I think the "human" thing to do, was to follow up this announcement with an update in the 2 years that it has been since he first posted it.

If he cared for us as much as it originally appeared, he would realize that there are thousands of people that have been thoroughly disappointed by them time and time again, and a glimmer of hope has been completely shattered with the lack of communication to the people that have essentially provided his lifestyle for a number of years.

You can't promise a kid a cookie, then not deliver, especially after giving them a small bite.? That's just not "human"

P.S.? My frustration over the lack of information is increasing, if you can't tell

well i think a can agree with you in most points except the 2 years...   or did i missunderstand you?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 12:41:52 PM »

I agree w/ WARose.  Instead of always mentioning that the CD will be out soon and getting everyone's hopes up, he's better off not saying anything at all.  Every time he does an interview or whatever, he says 'We hope to release the CD soon' or something to that effect...

The CD will be out when it's ready.  But when it IS ready and there's a release date in mind, then issue a press release.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 01:51:02 PM »

"Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment"

Who is this support group?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 02:49:37 PM »

Who is this support group?

This board?  hihi

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 05:03:45 PM »

It's all cool. Axl said he would announce a release date in a couple months so I'll just wait for that.  ok

The announcement starts now!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

I don't know if people "hate" Axl. It's just people are pissed of by:
1) the original GN'R break-up. Most of them think Axl is the main responsible.
2) the non release of Chinese Democracy

I'm sure when (if?) CD is released, they will be the first ones to buy the record and get a ticket for a show.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 05:17:12 PM »

Techno/industrial has become somewhat not cool, or dated after some thought it was the future of music. Maybe Axl's having a hard time releasing that genre of music and is making CD more rock friendly. Whatever the reason is.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 05:25:17 PM »

Techno/industrial has become somewhat not cool, or dated after some thought it was the future of music. Maybe Axl's having a hard time releasing that genre of music and is making CD more rock friendly. Whatever the reason is.
The question is: Has it ever been cool? This music has never been cool. Believe me. The Industrial rock erea was probably the worthiest rock erea in 50 years of Rock n' Roll (according to me). I also believe Axl changed his plans, in the sense I highly doubt we will ever hear an industrial GN'R record (in the sense of NIN, Ministry etc...). Way too risky for Uncle Axl. It may be just an influence, nothing more. On the other hand,?a Classic-Rock record is a guaranty of success, it's safe.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:30:49 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 05:35:22 PM »

I was just reading the Buckethead Departure Press release... and this line really stuck out to me:

I think it shows Axl actually does care about fans, even though it may not seem like it very often.
It seems like he knows how much we all "hate" him, and I think the treatment part means a lot more than just Buckethead quitting.

I think Axl actually felt the CD was? soon going to be released, but with Bucketheads quitting, he obviously knew that meant there was going to be a huge delay in the albums release. Meaning, that we'd "hate" him even more.

I take that press release as more than just an explanation of Buckethead's departure, but an actual apology of sorts from Axl for everything that we had to go through as fans, and now everything we've been through since Bucket left.

what can one expect... You treat others like crap wait forever to release music and then disappear for however long after a promised album people are going to treat you with less respect..

if he was a better individual to the fans I might had been like BH leaving really sucks, and that he fucked things up.. But you see the history and look back and say BH was probably just like everyone else tired of the shit
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 06:32:34 PM »

Yep yes
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 08:27:59 PM »

Of course Axl cares about the fans. he has his own way of showing care, but I do believe that in the end he cares about the fans.

However, last I checked, humans had mouths and legs with feet on them.
Axl hasn't been using these in public for much of the last 11 years.
Maybe they don't care about the fans. hihi

MNR
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 04:22:34 PM by marknroses » Logged

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 01:54:55 AM »

I never did or could make myself hate Axl.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 03:10:32 AM »

Yeah, I'd like to go on record saying I absolutely do NOT hate Axl.  He pisses me off to no end for breaking up the old band and for the CD fiasco...and the Philly riot, but that being said I'm still a fan.  I don't think anyone on this board hates Axl.  We're all just really frustrated and many of us feel cheated by him.  But if we hated him I don't think we'd be here.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 05:49:47 AM »

I never did or could make myself hate Axl.

axl to me is the way I view a child. You never hate them you just can be very disappointed or letdown..
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 08:12:42 AM »

Here's my take on it.? Whenever we hear quotes from the band, they always mention that a lot of the songs are AFDish.? And if you listen to all the new songs, none of them are really techno/industrialish with the exception of OMG (which was still released 6 yrs ago) and Silkworm (which IMO is horrible).? But all the others songs like The Blues, Madagascar, CD and R&B are all beautiful rock ballads or hard rockers.? I think GNR scrapped many songs and had to start over a number of times just to keep up with the times which explains the delay.? I don't even think they know what kind of record they want to make anymore.? For all we know, CD will be another AFD combined with UYI mixed with samples here and there to add texture.

So if Axl releases another rock album, isn't that something Duff, Slash and Matt could relate too?? Could the whole "creative differences" thing been avoided since Axl "seems" to be going back to the GNR roots as opposed to a new direction.? Just a thought...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 05:00:22 PM »

I get what you're saying GNVR, but differences between the two parties have grown to more than just musical tastes.  But I do think they'd be willing to make steps towards a reunion if musical tastes weren't an issue.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 12:39:04 AM »

Not to sound cynical, but I'm not so sure if Axl really has given his fans much thought.  Maybe's he's just too wrapped up in his life and his project that it just isn't an issue on his mind.

Regarding Axl's movement back towards rock, I definitely was surprised to hear the type of songs that came out when GNR started their tour.  After hearing OMG in End of Days, I was expecting something different.  I was very happy with the new sound, though - the Blues and Madgascar are great.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 12:52:29 AM »

when Axl mentions "support group" he is definately talkng about us,? the gnr internet community.  Which leads me to believe he does know we exist and knows all the drama that goes on here
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:55:06 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: