Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:37:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Have you ever known anyone who..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you ever known anyone who..  (Read 4040 times)
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« on: September 17, 2005, 03:57:50 AM »

were like or resembled any of the members of GN'R in real life? physically or any other way?
i used to know this kid at my high school, he got in shit a lot for mouthing off and well, doing whatever the fuck he pleased i guess. the crazy thing is that he looked so much like axl sometimes. in glances, you know. and the mannerisms. he used to even have long hair, he doesn't anymore, but he put it into a ponytail once and it was unreal. i had a very strange relationship with the dude... anyway, i could never figure out if the resemblance was intentional, like he idolized axl or something (which is possible given the occasional gn'r band shirt) or if he was actually coincidentally that much like axl really..

so... anyone got any stories?

robots.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 05:15:58 AM »

No.. but my friend was drinking at a bar in Tampere Finland and hook up with Hanoi Rocks guitarist Andy McCoy.

Well.. my friend borowed his cellphone to Andy and Andy called Axl. Too bad the number was lost when he changed his chip back into it.

Cool, ain't it?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:51:14 AM »

Haha, Andy is always full of shit... he probably just called his dealer or something.

Well basically it could be true, but I still doubt it Smiley

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 10:25:36 AM »

Haha, Andy is always full of shit... he probably just called his dealer or something.

I can send you a the pick of my friend and andy if you want Smiley

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 11:39:22 AM »

I can send you a the pick of my friend and andy if you want Smiley

Sure, why not, but it still doesn't change the fact that Andy says a lot of things, and roughly half of it is bullshit and exaggerations hihi But he's a great guy nonetheless, entertainment-wise.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 09:24:40 PM »

Yes.  During my teen years, there was this kid I knew by the name of "Rich" - he was pretty much a total match for Axl.

He was in a local improv troupe called "Comics Anonymous" - One of the things they used to do was this little skit called "Worst ways to die"

Rich was on the stage, microphone in hand, 'performing' - and one guy in the 'audience' goes "Hey Axl, can  I get a picture??" - Rich jumps in the audience, and, boom, the little skit was over.

When I was 17, I found it funny as hell.  Actually, come to think of it, I still do.  I wonder where the heck he is now-a-days.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 03:18:38 AM »

Oh man, there's this dude that used to come into the restaurant I work at.  This guy didn't just look like Axl, this guy became Axl Rose in almost every way possible.  Firstly he looked exactly like Axl.  I'm not shitting you guys, if this guy came out on stage with GN'R you'd never know the difference.  Not only that he had all of Axl's mannerisms and moves completely down.  He also dressed exactly like Axl.  He'd sit at the bar, and whenever someone put a GN'R song on the jukebox he'd totally flip out.  He'd start dancing and running around the bar just like Axl.  The absolute funniest shit I've ever seen in my life.  One night he must've been too liquored up and I heard that when he was dancing he just fell flat on his face in the middle of the bar.  He's only been around a couple times since then.  But I also saw him at a Black Sabbath tribute show.  He was dancing around during their set just like Axl.  I've never seen a person go to such lengths to be like someone else.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 11:44:38 AM »

actualy, yesterday i was in this place called garage (rock bar whatever) with my current punk band...
suddenly a guy turns me over, and i was like, who the fuck?
and the he say's oh, shit! its duff mckagan!

i mean, i know they knew it wasnt i wasnt duff.

but they asked if i played bass and wanted me to join their 80 rock band... Black Rose actualy.. hehe

when im out drinkin and shit i wear this cool as hell demin jacket with whole lotta stash on that everybody LOVES.. pretty cool Wink

i've been called Duff helluvalota times.. even axl when i had welcome to the jungle hair Wink

awesome!  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Sev
Opening Act

Gunner

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 01:14:19 PM »

darknemus and Rob, I was laughing while reading about the guys you knew.  They sound very Axl-ish to me.

There's a 9-10 year old kid at my brother's school that looks completely like a mini-Axl.  His hair's the same length, and he's always running around talking to people and being funny.  He's also got an attitude, which makes him even more like Axl.  I think I'll have to kidnap him and take him down to Malibu so Axl can have a Mini-Me.
Aquarius
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 02:08:15 PM »

Interesting you should ask.? My little brother looks very much like Axl.? He has the same facial features and the same colour of hair.? Remember Axl's hair in the Paradice video?? My bro's hair is the same colour.? The only difference is my bro's eyes are reddish brown, very rare on a red head.? I'm going over to his place today to take pic's of his new house, and if I can come up with a pic where he looks like Capt. A. I will post one and you can judge for yourself.
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 03:33:27 PM »

cool man! thanks for that
and awesome stories everyone.. it seems the axl spawns are everywhere! groupie spawns maybe? heheh  Grin

robots.
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 03:41:29 PM »

there's this dude in my town who is very like slash. it's scary. nervous
i met a guy last week who is almost a copy of axl. we told him to put on a bandana for the laugh, and it was amazing how alike they were.

What's so civil about war anyway?
Kitano
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 07:03:13 PM »

When I was at college there was a chick who looked like Axl, her nickname even was Axl.  She was a rock chick so she didn't mind.
Aquarius
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »

This is my little Brother.? I allways thought he resembled Axl in some ways.? We are no relation to Axl, and we don't? know him.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 10:30:44 PM »

do guys in tribute bands count?? Smiley

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 10:39:14 PM »

This is my little Brother.? I always thought he resembled Axl in some ways.? We are no relation to Axl, and we don't? know him.

wow man, he even has the nose and everything! yes, he definitely looks like axl.  ok

robots.
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 10:42:49 PM »

do guys in tribute bands count?? Smiley
course! that's probably why they're in a tribute band anyway  Grin

robots.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 10:30:25 AM »

mmm, well guys do you know the singer of Soul Asylum? For me he looks a little like Axl.. .what do you think?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 11:19:07 AM »

Yes.? During my teen years, there was this kid I knew by the name of "Rich" - he was pretty much a total match for Axl.

He was in a local improv troupe called "Comics Anonymous" - One of the things they used to do was this little skit called "Worst ways to die"

Rich was on the stage, microphone in hand, 'performing' - and one guy in the 'audience' goes "Hey Axl, can? I get a picture??" - Rich jumps in the audience, and, boom, the little skit was over.

When I was 17, I found it funny as hell.? Actually, come to think of it, I still do.? I wonder where the heck he is now-a-days.

-darknemus

Working at the Comedy Warehouse at Downtown Disney. Smiley

Seriously, they DID have a guy that looked just like Axl a few years (5 or so) back...not sure if he's still there..and not sure what his name was.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
madagas
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 02:36:31 PM »

In college, I had a girlfriend with jet black hair. When she'd get drunk, it would fall down over her face. She loved Gnr so my friends and I started calling her Slash. We still call her that-15 years later! Yes, I'm old. hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: