Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:34:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  PIT BULLS
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: PIT BULLS  (Read 10065 times)
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 14, 2005, 02:27:30 PM »

I was in a hotel recently and there was a person in the lobby with his pit bull.? This dog was not leashed and as I walked by, it started to growl and bark at me.? It came pretty close to me and I kept walking away from it.? The owner made a comment that the dog does that to everyone.?

When I got home, I call the toll free number to file a complaint with the hotel.? ?I asked the person what the policy was on dogs in the hotel and was told they had to be in a kennel.? I said what about on a leash and was told they had to be in a kennel.? ?Can you image if this dog was vicious?? I wanted to make it clear to the hotel that not having a leash policy, they are setting themselves up for a potential lawsuit one day.

That was the most eventful thing that happened on my vacation...and that was enough!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

Ontario just passed a law making Pit Bulls illegal... I'm not sure what the details are, but there was an issue over cross-breeding as well.  I think it's a good move, vicious dogs should not be pets.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 03:11:32 PM »

Yeah Pit Bulls can be nasty animals. My friend left his over his girlfriend's house alone with her white German Shepherd when they went for the day with her mom to a store. When they came home they saw that the pit bull mutiliated the poor shep. Insides were torn out, bones everywhere, the head alone had its white fur dyed red from it's blood Cry I would never let my lab around those demented fucks.  A lot of low-life scum bags  think they're tough for owning those crazy bastards. After how much I love dogs, they're  one of the breeds I don't care for.
Good luck to your battle against the hotel.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 03:17:01 PM by Buddy J.B. » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 03:18:38 PM »

It's also the people who purposely train their dogs to behave viciously

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 03:23:13 PM »

Pit Bulls are plain bad dogs imo. I got bit by one when I was a kid and I was lucky since it was a younger dog. But it ran out of it's house and down the street to get me!

People will claim that these dogs are only 'trained' to be that way. I disagree, and also I see that the people who have these types of dogs, want them, because they are vicious dogs.
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 03:30:17 PM »

I have heard that people train this breed to attack and kill ? Angry ? Is there any nice pit bulls out there other than Spuds McKenzie?  Does anyone remember Spuds in the old Budweiser commercials?

I hope the hotel gets back with me and tells me they have changed their policy to state all dogs must be leashed while on the hotel property. ?Like I stated before, they are really setting themselves up for a lawsuit if someone is injured or killed. ?I should have a response back within seven days. ?I will be disappointed if they refuse to make any changes...I won't be staying at that chain again.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 03:33:48 PM »

I have heard that people train this breed to attack and kill   Angry   Is there any nice pit bulls out there other than Spuds McKenzie?  Does anyone remember Spuds in the old Budweiser commercials?

What kind of hotel was this? Where was it?

I *think* there is a big difference between pit bulls and the type of dog spud was....
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 03:36:47 PM »

What kind of hotel was this? Where was it?

The hotel was a well known, semi-upscale chain in St. Cloud, Minnesota.  I know, this must sound like an oximoron!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 03:41:52 PM »

Seems like a high liability for the hotel. They should have not let any animal in without a restraint.
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 03:47:12 PM »

That is why I felt I needed to bring it to the attention of the hotel.  Hopefully some changes in this policy may save a life one day.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 03:52:48 PM »

I'd complain bigtime about that, don't let them brush you off.
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 04:01:16 PM »

If I get the brush off, I'm going to post the name of this hotel!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 04:56:55 PM »

I don`t see the appeal in owning a dog who can kill a person without being prevoked.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »

Me either, give me a loving lab anyday.
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 05:06:47 PM »

Has there ever been a story in the news of a pit bull attacking its owner? 

We are thinking of getting an Austrailian Sheperd or a Golden Retriever   Smiley
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 05:07:44 PM »

Australian sheps are high maintenance and hyper, but great dogs.

Mine are half lab/half Australian Shep mix.

Awesome dogs.
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 05:09:38 PM »

Awesome, smart and devoted dogs...mans best friend  Smiley
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 06:20:35 PM »

dogs like pitbulls should be forbidden in public areas. They are like weapons. As dangerous as weapons.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 07:43:36 PM »

i love the bit in the book trainspotting where Sick Boy shoots the pit bull in the arse with an air gun so that it raviges the shit out of neo-nazi looking owner. then sick boy runs out to the dog with a metal baseball bat and beats seven colours of shit out of the dog. classic.

pitbulls are viciuos animals. nasty creations, and shouldn;t be allowed as pets.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »

I was in a hotel recently and there was a person in the lobby with his pit bull.? This dog was not leashed and as I walked by, it started to growl and bark at me.? It came pretty close to me and I kept walking away from it.? The owner made a comment that the dog does that to everyone.?

When I got home, I call the toll free number to file a complaint with the hotel.? ?I asked the person what the policy was on dogs in the hotel and was told they had to be in a kennel.? I said what about on a leash and was told they had to be in a kennel.? ?Can you image if this dog was vicious?? I wanted to make it clear to the hotel that not having a leash policy, they are setting themselves up for a potential lawsuit one day.

That was the most eventful thing that happened on my vacation...and that was enough!

Am I not understanding something?  By saying the dog has to be in a kennel, doesn't that mean in a cage?  Isn't that better than on a leash?

Australian sheps are high maintenance and hyper, but great dogs.

Mine are half lab/half Australian Shep mix.

Awesome dogs.

One of my dogs is half cocker spaniel/half australian shepard.  She's absolutely the sweetest thing.  Amazing jumper.  The other dog is a Siberian Husky.  Very intelligent dogs with a lot of personality, but a lot of work too.

As far as pitbulls, I'm sure there are hundreds of people who have them that have never had a negative problem with them.  The real issue is that they are highly unpredictable.  You might think you have a kind, trained one, but then one day it will snap and attack some kid.  Its not worth the risk to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: