Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Show
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Show  (Read 9593 times)
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2005, 04:26:06 PM »

People always confuse Dizzy with Izzy Stradlin. I seen people confuse them many times on other band message boards saying Dizzy is a great songwriter and back together with Axl.

Izzy should probably sue Dizzy to change his name . thats how big the misconception is out there.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2005, 04:29:40 PM »

Izzy should probably sue Dizzy to change his name . thats how big the misconception is out there.

Sue!?!?!  Ummm, wow.  Do you not think that is a little drastic?  Believe me I don't think either Izzy or Dizzy is losing much sleep by being mixed up.  I think Steven Tyler should sue Steve Perry because people mix the Stevens up!!! confused
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2005, 04:34:24 PM »

They are in different bands though, and Dizzy makes a name for himself because some out there believe he is the great GNR songwriter. thats all. If i were Izzy i would have been uncomfortable with the "dizzy" stage name from the very beginning but thats just me.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2005, 04:43:12 PM »

They are in different bands though, and Dizzy makes a name for himself because some out there believe he is the great GNR songwriter. thats all. If i were Izzy i would have been uncomfortable with the "dizzy" stage name from the very beginning but thats just me.

I think Iggy pop should sue Izzy becaue they sound the same and people might get them mixed up.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005, 05:07:48 PM »

I don't feel sorry for Dizzy at all. The guy has had a pretty awesome ride the last 14 years or so. He's a good keyboardist and seems pretty cool, but.... talk about money for nothing and the chicks for free.drool

I don't blame him for being loyal to Axl. I would be too! I'm just suprised Clarke and Sorum didn't stay on the gravy train as well... hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2005, 06:22:21 PM »

I think Iggy pop should sue Izzy becaue they sound the same and people might get them mixed up.

If his name were "Izzy Pop" you might have a point.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 06:32:32 PM »

If his name were "Izzy Pop" you might have a point.

Iggy Stradlin, Dizzy Reed or Iggy Pop and Izzy stradlin, the difference in both is one letter G or Z and D and no D. So what is your point again? I was just showing how dumb  the  idea was that Izzy should sue Dizzy for his name.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2005, 06:57:56 PM »

WHEB has been contacted..and it was the webmaster who made the error...which then got to promotions...either way, it's low dough and the band is playing alot of Appetite GNR..

they played for 3 hours@ the hard rock cafe and had 25 Hawaiian Tropic girls on stage for about 5 songs...

the band is a party band..and it's fun...if you don't like fun, or hot chicks, or Jaeger..stay home...

www.hookersnblowme.com
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2005, 07:00:38 PM »

Some radio station 100.3 WHEB was promoting the Dizzy show in NH.. They had no idea who the fuck he was...? They kept calling him an amazing guitarist and a founding member and song writer for Gn'R........?

Maybe because there was this guy with a similar name who used to play guitar in GN'R....

/jarmo

agree... anyways dizzy plays guitar and writes songs for gnr (silkworms for example)

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2005, 07:09:50 PM »

WHEB has been contacted..and it was the webmaster who made the error...which then got to promotions...either way, it's low dough and the band is playing alot of Appetite GNR..

they played for 3 hours@ the hard rock cafe and had 25 Hawaiian Tropic girls on stage for about 5 songs...

the band is a party band..and it's fun...if you don't like fun, or hot chicks, or Jaeger..stay home...

www.hookersnblowme.com

I think if his stage name were "Mark Reed" he would not be doing this. Not covering Appetite songs anyways. A record loyal "Dizzy" had no part of. Sacriligous man. Cant Hookers n Blow come up with a few of their own songs? Holy Cow.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 07:12:26 PM by jabba2 » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005, 07:15:15 PM »

www.hookersnblowme.com

I think if his stage name were "Mark Reed" he would not be doing this. Not covering Appetite songs anyways. A record loyal "Dizzy" had no part of. Sacriligous man. Cant Hookers n Blow come up with a few of their own songs? Holy Cow.

Guns n roses the orginal played KODH, Mama kin, LALD etc etc all over songs which were not on the same label I dont think. so who cares. Hookers and blows are a cover band who plays songs just for fun. There is nothing wrong with it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 07:22:01 PM »

Sacriligous man. Cant Hookers n Blow come up with a few of their own songs? Holy Cow.

It's a cover band playing for fun. Ever heard of that F-word before?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005, 10:22:17 PM »

Sacriligous man. Cant Hookers n Blow come up with a few of their own songs? Holy Cow.

/jarmo

It might be even funner if Dizzy played a few of his own songs. But no that never happens. Silkworms for instance, could safely be added to his playlist because it isnt supposed to be on the album.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 10:23:56 PM by jabba2 » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005, 10:44:40 PM »

/jarmo

It might be even funner if Dizzy played a few of his own songs. But no that never happens. Silkworms for instance, could safely be added to his playlist because it isnt supposed to be on the album.

Huh I dont recall ever hearing Silkworms would ever be on the finished product.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2005, 12:05:09 AM »

/jarmo

Huh I dont recall ever hearing Silkworms would ever be on the finished product.

god help us all if that disgrace to the GNR name ends up on CD

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2005, 01:15:21 AM »

Silkworms rocks  Grin  props to dizzy and chris for that one.  And Axl usin the down on the farm voice  smoking

i would love to see a finished studio version of that song.  even if it was just a b-side or something.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2005, 07:12:04 AM »

Why would he play his own songs with his fun cover band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2005, 08:51:55 AM »

why is there dizzy reed posts everywhere  Huh

I keep reading them to see if there is an interview or review in them but each one only says,
dizzy to play this night, blah, blah, blah.

Maybe there could be an official dizzy solo tour thread or something?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2005, 08:56:40 AM »

Thats funny! This just proves that most people dont even know anything about GNR anymore. Thanks Axl for the great post UYI contributions to the GNR legacy. A special thanks for keeping everyone informed about the band so much that radio stations are now GNR experts.

LOL James

Yeah, there was a time when being a GNR member was a major deal alright. These days, the poor mugs are playing half full high school basketball games or something

Just like slash when he was doing his snake pit thing?

actually, slash performed in front of nearly 20,000 people in philadelphia opening for ACDC.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
hnb
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2005, 07:59:14 PM »

The band hopes to contribute a "REAL" orig song for a movie soundtrack...more info soon....

otherwise..it's a cover band...they "cover" stuff...and why not...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: