Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Show
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Show  (Read 9607 times)
tomass74
Legend

« on: September 11, 2005, 08:27:52 PM »

Some radio station 100.3 WHEB was promoting the Dizzy show in NH.. They had no idea who the fuck he was...  They kept calling him an amazing guitarist and a founding member and song writer for Gn'R........ 

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 11:06:09 PM »

Thats funny! This just proves that most people dont even know anything about GNR anymore. Thanks Axl for the great post UYI contributions to the GNR legacy. A special thanks for keeping everyone informed about the band so much that radio stations are now GNR experts.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 11:32:28 PM »

Thats funny! This just proves that most people dont even know anything about GNR anymore. Thanks Axl for the great post UYI contributions to the GNR legacy. A special thanks for keeping everyone informed about the band so much that radio stations are now GNR experts.

LOL James

Yeah, there was a time when being a GNR member was a major deal alright. These days, the poor mugs are playing half full high school basketball games or something

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 11:40:33 PM »

Yeah, Ladies and Gentlemen..Here to perform at todays riveting basketball game..the one..the only.. DIZZY REED!    People at game: "Who??"

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 11:44:54 PM »

Poor old Dizzy

Youve gotta feel for the guy, I wonder why he didnt jump ship like the rest of them years ago? Loyalty to the fact that Axl hauled his ass into the band in line with his grandiose vision? A fat pay cheque? An unerring belief that CD will "change the face of the music world"  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »

Dizzy is definitely one of the people to blame for the unrealistic expectations for CD. For a couple years, he just wouldn't stop talking about how great it is. Same thing with Tommy. Its like they were in a love triangle with CD. When the album comes out, someone should ask it who was the better lover, Tommy or Dizzy? Going by past comments, I think Dizzy fucked it the most. Cheesy Shocked

rainX
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 12:16:44 AM »

Um, just cuz one radio station dude doesn't know shit, it doesn't mean the entire world are morons about GNR.

And when CD comes out, I think tommy and Dizzy will be seen wearing t-shirts that read " I told you so JamesLofton"
nyd
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 02:56:34 AM »

They only made one mistake about the guy and that was to call him a founding member. To someone who probably isnt a GNR fan its understandable they would make that mistake.

For the record in Dizzys solo shows he is the guitarist, and he is also a songwriter for GNR. Fair enough Silkworms is absolute shite but technically they were correct  Tongue
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 02:57:50 AM »

Dude, that Axl Rose book called John Bonham a guitarist. ?People make huge mistakes sometimes
and a bunch of morons that can't do a bit of research into a band their station is promoting is
hardly a good reason to blame Axl and whine about it. ?And maybe the album really is that great!?

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 03:12:20 AM »

They only made one mistake about the guy and that was to call him a founding member. To someone who probably isnt a GNR fan its understandable they would make that mistake.

For the record in Dizzys solo shows he is the guitarist, and he is also a songwriter for GNR. Fair enough Silkworms is absolute shite but technically they were correct? Tongue

They were saying that he is Guns N' Roses guitarist.. I didnt hear he whole thing but my cousin did. Ill ask him the rest...

GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 06:47:48 AM »

Youve gotta feel for the guy, I wonder why he didnt jump ship like the rest of them years ago?

Dizzy would be nothing without GNR...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 07:05:21 AM »

Guys, relax. It only proves that a lot of people know nothing about GN'R.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 07:12:30 AM »

Some radio station 100.3 WHEB was promoting the Dizzy show in NH.. They had no idea who the fuck he was...? They kept calling him an amazing guitarist and a founding member and song writer for Gn'R........?

Maybe because there was this guy with a similar name who used to play guitar in GN'R....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 10:09:56 AM »

GOSH DARN ! why didn't I think of that one, IZZY. I rember back in the day I'd be at a party and some fool would be all fucked up and go DUDE ! LISTEN TO DIZZY'S GUITAR SOLO Shocked  But then I'd have to school the fucker on who was who or just knock his ass out. Ya I really feel sorry for the members that are stuck neutral, poor Dizzy.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 12:31:07 PM »

LOL James

Yeah, there was a time when being a GNR member was a major deal alright. These days, the poor mugs are playing half full high school basketball games or something

Just like slash when he was doing his snake pit thing?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 12:32:01 PM »

Dizzy is definitely one of the people to blame for the unrealistic expectations for CD. For a couple years, he just wouldn't stop talking about how great it is. Same thing with Tommy. Its like they were in a love triangle with CD. When the album comes out, someone should ask it who was the better lover, Tommy or Dizzy? Going by past comments, I think Dizzy fucked it the most. Cheesy Shocked
Oh just like when duff said contranband was the best album he has ever made or something to that effect?  Roll Eyes

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 12:36:34 PM »

Oh just like when duff said contranband was the best album he has ever made or something to that effect?  Roll Eyes

It's never about the old band VS the new band with you is it dave?  Roll Eyes

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 12:39:22 PM »

Oh just like when duff said contranband was the best album he has ever made or something to that effect?? Roll Eyes

It's never about the old band VS the new band with you is it dave?? Roll Eyes

Its called making a parallel, look up that word you might learn something. Why is it  bad when Tommy or Dizzy talk about how great this album is going to be, yet when someone else in another band does it its fine?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 12:41:11 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005, 12:53:32 PM »

Poor old Dizzy

Youve gotta feel for the guy, I wonder why he didnt jump ship like the rest of them years ago? Loyalty to the fact that Axl hauled his ass into the band in line with his grandiose vision? A fat pay cheque? An unerring belief that CD will "change the face of the music world"? hihi

Maybe because he believes in the direction of the band? Dizzy was always near guns n roses even back in the day, he was just not made a member until the UYI albums.  Its not always about the money. 

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005, 12:57:37 PM »

It's never about the old band VS the new band with you is it dave?  Roll Eyes

Its called making a parallel, look up that word you might learn something. Why is it  bad when Tommy or Dizzy talk about how great this album is going to be, yet when someone else in another band does it its fine?

Well , to be fair to Duff , he was afterall promoting an album that was released.

And btw , personally I believe Tommy and Dizzy when they say the album is gunna be great. When and if it ever drops it should be pretty awesome methinks.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: