Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:18:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose - The Prettiest Star DVD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose - The Prettiest Star DVD  (Read 19952 times)
Almost Famous
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 02:47:57 PM »

Click on the name of the production company.... Look at the other absolute crap this organization has put out... Man, this looks like junk to me. And it's only 60 minutes. How can you begin to tell a comprehensive story of someone like Axl Rose in only 60 minutes?

Whatever. Garbage.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 02:53:45 PM »

Yea I agree.  I don't see this DVD giving us any new information that we here on the boards don't already know.  It'll probably be peoples "opinions" on the past, present, and future.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 03:19:09 PM »

is that the DVD cover? the picture us fucking great! ok
I'd like to see Axl return with that style, clothes and attitude. That's what I call a ROCKSTAR. Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

Click on the name of the production company....
It's an adult entertainment production company? What the shit? Huh

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 03:36:23 PM »

is that the DVD cover? the picture us fucking great! ok
I'd like to see Axl return with that style, clothes and attitude. That's what I call a ROCKSTAR. Cool

Please, no more bike shorts though. ok

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 03:39:16 PM »

here is the product listing from MVD's website: ?http://mvdb2b.com/cgi-bin/netlink?SESSION_NO=DDDAOLOL&REQUEST_ID=CSTKDET&STOCK_NO=CVIS389DVD&LOC_NO=001&CO_ID=MV/

here is, from their site, the image MUCH larger ?http://musicvideodistributors.com/images/300dpi/cvis389dvd.jpg

here is a review of the unauthorized DVD they did on Muse:

Manic Depression - There has been some commotion in Muse world about the new unofficial ? Tom Kirk called ?shonky? - dvd release of Chrome Dreams? ?Muse Manic Depression?. Chrome Dreams have made an unofficial biography of Muse, and therefore interviewed a lot of people who have been in contact with the band. They spoke with Scot McKenzie, a tour technician, which is the most interesting part of the dvd. He tells about the gear, and how they put special effects on the bass. They also interviewed Catherine Yates (a Kerrang! journalist), the organiser of ?Battle of the bands?, and some other more or less interesting people. As this dvd is made for fans, none of the comments are negative, in fact they all speak of how great Muse really are.

Between these interviews a woman voice tells their biography, how it all started in Teighmouth, and how they gained their success. This might be interesting for people who are not very involved with lives of Muse, but for die hard fans (like most of you) she tells nothing new, nothing we didn?t already know. It?s also a pity that they were not allowed to put music of Muse on the dvd. The songs you hear on the background are not even close to Muse? music, it features even some punk-songs. Muse? music or an exclusive interview with the band is really something that is missing on this disc. When they speak of songs like Hysteria you want to hear them but instead they play something else. A cooperation of both Muse management and Chrome Dreams would have brought a much better dvd. ? This dvd is not a must-have, but it?s worth watching.

... an indication of what can be expected of this CD.

and more from their PDF link about who is involved and what the 'never before seen' footage is: ?http://musicvideodistributors.com/pdf/cvis389dvd.pdf
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 04:00:48 PM »

here is the product listing from MVD's website: ?http://mvdb2b.com/cgi-bin/netlink?SESSION_NO=DDDAOLOL&REQUEST_ID=CSTKDET&STOCK_NO=CVIS389DVD&LOC_NO=001&CO_ID=MV/

here is, from their site, the image MUCH larger ?http://musicvideodistributors.com/images/300dpi/cvis389dvd.jpg

here is a review of the unauthorized DVD they did on Muse:

Manic Depression - There has been some commotion in Muse world about the new unofficial ? Tom Kirk called ?shonky? - dvd release of Chrome Dreams? ?Muse Manic Depression?. Chrome Dreams have made an unofficial biography of Muse, and therefore interviewed a lot of people who have been in contact with the band. They spoke with Scot McKenzie, a tour technician, which is the most interesting part of the dvd. He tells about the gear, and how they put special effects on the bass. They also interviewed Catherine Yates (a Kerrang! journalist), the organiser of ?Battle of the bands?, and some other more or less interesting people. As this dvd is made for fans, none of the comments are negative, in fact they all speak of how great Muse really are.

Between these interviews a woman voice tells their biography, how it all started in Teighmouth, and how they gained their success. This might be interesting for people who are not very involved with lives of Muse, but for die hard fans (like most of you) she tells nothing new, nothing we didn?t already know. It?s also a pity that they were not allowed to put music of Muse on the dvd. The songs you hear on the background are not even close to Muse? music, it features even some punk-songs. Muse? music or an exclusive interview with the band is really something that is missing on this disc. When they speak of songs like Hysteria you want to hear them but instead they play something else. A cooperation of both Muse management and Chrome Dreams would have brought a much better dvd. ? This dvd is not a must-have, but it?s worth watching.

... an indication of what can be expected of this CD.

and more from their PDF link about who is involved and what the 'never before seen' footage is: ?http://musicvideodistributors.com/pdf/cvis389dvd.pdf

Good investigating on that!  Looks like its gonna be like the unauthorized biography of GNR all over again. Roll Eyes

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 05:04:16 PM »

well telling by the design of the cover and the cheap fonts and shadow effect on the letters, this dvd looks like it has been put up by twelve years old turdfaces.  peace

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »

Also

"It includes previously unseen film footage of both Axl and Guns N Roses"

This really isnt saying there will be new footage pertaining to anything Chinese Democracy at all. I'm betting it will be old footage. Most likely it will be footage from the late 80's/early 90's. I think we misunderstood this a bit. And if this is true, this dvd can suck it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 05:09:36 PM »

You guys did an excellent job at investigating this thing. Kudos to you. After hearing your asessments, I'm no longer interested in it. Its obviously gonna be rehashed bullshit. If I want rehash, I'll just turn on VH1 and watch Behind The Music for free.

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 05:33:01 PM »

Also, "authorized" is spelt wrong on the cover. They spell it with an 's'. hihi
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 05:36:50 PM »

Damn Indy you're good I wouldn't have even noticed that.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 05:58:37 PM »

Chris Weber - ?in 1998 MTV news reported: ?" Last year reports surfaced that Weber was planning on releasing Hollywood Rose material and that Rose had blocked him from doing so. But Weber told press sources that he didn't want to release the old tapes, and that he had only called Guns manager Doug Goldstein to let him know he had them but was immediately warned he would not be allowed to release any of the material.

we all know the eventual and outcome of that...

as we also all know who Vicky Hamilton is.... or rather was not:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=2

"There's been a lot of stories about who discovered you and so on. A name that's been popping up a lot is your ex-manager, Vicky Hamilton. What's her relationship with Guns N' Roses?

Vicky Hamilton was a woman who basically had a monopoly on booking bands at the Roxy and the Whiskey, and we needed to get those gigs. We also needed a place to live. Vicky offered us help. She said she'd get us $25,000 we desperately needed for the proper equipment to start getting close to the sound we wanted. She never came through with the money; so with an important gig coming up, we got Geffen to go for a $35,000 memo deal, which means that we didn't have to sign with them but we had to pay the money back. Now Vicky's claiming that she managed us and that we wouldn't pay her back. She claims she invested $100,000 and she should be party to any of the money we make. She says we all get along, but in reality nobody likes dealing with her. Nobody trusts her. She managed the band? We - Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Axl - managed the band. A year later she sued us for one million dollars. We didn't want to go to court, pay lawyer fees, court expenses and shit, especially when I don't trust the law and judicial system. I don't need the hassle. I don't believe in the fuckin' law system. I don't believe in the fuckin' government. I do believe that America is the best country on the face of the fuckin' earth, but that doesn't mean that America isn't run by assholes. Poor Vicky might look great in front of a judge, and Guns N'Roses look like slime, so they should lose. We settled out of court for $30,000, 15 of which Geffen paid."

Skip Saylor - was NOT a producer for GN'R. ?he is only credited for MIXING. ?(TSI and UYI were only mixed at Skip Saylor Recording Studio)

Robert John: ?whatever happend to that lawsuit and the photos and the money etc.
Looks like he still has his photo rights - the cover of this DVD looks like a Robert John photo
*shrugs*

Malcolm Dome is a "an exteemed rock ournalist" for the likes of Metal Hammer and Kerrang ?Roll Eyes

he co-authored "The Making of Metallica's Metallica" with Mick Wall of all people

(former attorney) Bernard Baur is the club reviewer for Music Connection Magazine ?http://www.musicconnection.com/aboutmc/aboutmc.lcgi
which coincidentaly boasts being the first publication ot have GN'R on its cover

he is also credited as Tonos A&R Executive...

I was trying to find out about Tonos and this is what I found:
http://recordingeq.com/EQ/req0502/tonos.html
tonos.com currently exists as a gif on a blank page and any existing links to their pages result in 404 errors

what happened to tonos.com?
http://musicbizacademy.com/internet/tonos_exit.htm
they shut down abruptly and apparently left their paid subscribers high and dry
http://cdbaby.org/stories/03/08/29/1397320.html

but enough about Bernard Baur... let's move on

who is Barbara Church?

a "close friend"..? somthing tells me any 43 year old woman from Lafayette, IN with a tale or 2 to tell about Axl would qualify as a close friend ?Roll Eyes

and WTF is with the title of this DVD?!!

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 06:06:37 PM »

Damn Indy you're good I wouldn't have even noticed that.

Thats how it's spelled in Europe.

RichardNixon
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 11:20:34 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009X776I/qid=1121821879/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-1331762-0161615?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 11:30:09 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 11:32:31 PM »

OH GOD, not the bike shorts.. nervous

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badapple81
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2005, 04:42:23 AM »

The only thing I'd be interested in, is Robert John's comments being as he knew Axl so well and worked with him up until recently I believe? I'm guessing their relationship is all over after the legal action.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2005, 05:59:57 AM »

I'm going to check it out, anyway. Of course, I'll hate it, regret it, etc., but at least I know I tried. Whomever came up with the title can take it from behind, though... seriously.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 06:27:36 AM »

What to Watch This Week

--

Also worth investigating this week: The Free Design's Now Sound Redesigned CD, a collaboration featuring Danger Mouse, Stereolab, and others.

Neil Feineman's book Geek Chic: The Ultimate Guide to Geek Culture, 160 pages of (literally) Post-it-sized info on everything from the Smiths to Atari videogames.

The Axl Rose: The Prettiest Star DVD, including scenes of the reclusive ex-Guns N? Roses frontman recording his (allegedly) upcoming album Chinese Democracy.

http://men.style.com/news/media/080205

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005, 07:01:37 AM »

hmm! Interesting! I think im gonna buy it! If there is some new stuff im gonna choke!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: