Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose - The Prettiest Star DVD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose - The Prettiest Star DVD  (Read 19944 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« on: June 29, 2005, 05:15:48 AM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009X776I/qid=1120036818/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/202-2021221-6765410

peace
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:50:01 AM by jarmo » Logged

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:22:53 AM »

SYNOPSIS:

Axl Rose: The Prettiest Star is the first ever documentary to reveal the true story of Axls life and career, from his earliest days growing up in Lafayette, Indiana, through his escape from abuse and neglect via music and onto his incredible success with Guns N Roses. The film continues by documenting Axl's more recent activities including the recording of the eagerly anticipated Chinese Democracy album. It includes previously unseen film footage of both Axl and Guns N Roses, exclusive in-depth interviews with those who have worked closely with Axl during his life and career, including; Chris Weber, Vicky Hamilton, Skip Sailor, Robert John, and more.

http://buy.videoamericain.com/details/product_details.cfm?id=216526&c=-1&v=1&sn=1452&enable=true#product_information

Might be another BS dvd.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 05:51:03 AM »

I like the sound of this! It actually sounds it may be something that is new for us to see! Kinda ironic that the release date is the 15th August and we have quite recently had a user register on this site under the user name 15th August!! I have been wandering why he/she has used that as their user name!!

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 08:11:14 AM »

I like the sound of this! It actually sounds it may be something that is new for us to see! Kinda ironic that the release date is the 15th August and we have quite recently had a user register on this site under the user name 15th August!! I have been wandering why he/she has used that as their user name!!

Yea I had the same question.  But it seems as though that paticular user hasn't posted anything to raise a red flag though.  But I love the sentence about CD.  Could this director have any pull with Axl? 

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 08:31:18 AM »

Finally, some good news!! This might tide us over for a few more years.LMAO!! If this actually has footage of Axl recording CD, then it proves the album truly exists. Which would be great news in itself. I also wondered about that August15th character. Strange thing to name yourself on this forum. I just figured they named themselves after a fake release date.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:37:17 AM »

"Axl Rose - The Prettiest Star" Grin Man, what a title...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 08:46:57 AM »

it'll be just another cheaply put together piece of shit. Made with the sole intention of taking our money.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 09:29:38 AM »

When is the last time any of the people mentioned in the synopsis even had contact with Axl? I doubt they will have anymore info about CD than we already know

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 09:33:05 AM »

Isn't this disc being put out by Chrome Dreams? I think they've done some tacky GNR-related releases in the past.

Also, people like Chris Weber are certainly the ones to ask about CD. They also get Adler while they're at it.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 09:40:18 AM »

When is the last time any of the people mentioned in the synopsis even had contact with Axl? I doubt they will have anymore info about CD than we already know

Well Robet John was a close friend of Axl for years and years, and He was at the Vegas shows taking pictures. Dunno if he has any contact with Axl now after that lawsuit...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 10:04:25 AM »

Not Again!  This smells of another attempt of  the "Root of" gang to annoy Axl, using his formerly "close friends".
That's Pretty nasty. rant
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 11:34:24 AM »

even if this release smells like a $$$ rip-off......those people involved there surely have some unseen old band/old Axl footage we fans might love to watch!!
but near impossible there will be any CD recording footage or inside info which could help us at all....

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 11:38:31 AM »

even if this release smells like a $$$ rip-off......those people involved there surely have some unseen old band/old Axl footage we fans might love to watch!!

That would certainly be nice, but keep in mind it might be footage that is considered "unseen" by the casual fan, but not the die-hards...

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 11:53:12 AM »

Have us "Die-Hard" fans seen any footage at all with Axl recording Chinese D. You holding out on the rest of us?

Shit the footage would be well worth the price of admission, as would these interviews. Kind of weird this was so closely revealed the time that bitch on MTV announced her book on Axl.

...and the August date has too be shit. That's only a little over a month a way, so thats not happening. Move on yo.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 12:02:17 PM »

Sounds interesting enough for me to check it out.  I would be curious to see what footage is on this DVD and what information will be on it.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 12:52:40 PM »

sounds gooooooooooood. Never seen before footage with which GNR though?

html sucks
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 01:40:30 PM »

it'll be just another cheaply put together piece of shit. Made with the sole intention of taking our money.

sure oh sure, if Axl didnt take 10+ years in releasing a CD, if he was more accesible to fans, etc this kind of shit wouldnt exist. But since that isnt the case other people take advantage by releasing anything they want cuz they know fans will buy in their desperate delusion that someday CD will eventually come out  Roll Eyes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »

sounds gooooooooooood. Never seen before footage with which GNR though?

exactly..  by the context it implies of the new band and as some of you have already expressed hoping - of the recording of CD.  but if this was the case it would be their #1 selling point and would surely be clearly stated.

i'm gonna look into this and see where this DVD is coming from.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 02:18:27 PM »

this link has a cover image for the DVD

http://www.westcoastvideo.com/details/product_details.cfm?v=1&sn=759&id=216526
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 02:29:14 PM »

I really want this. It will be so cool.

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print