Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Hoobastank Singer Has A Few Words For Velvet Revolver
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hoobastank Singer Has A Few Words For Velvet Revolver  (Read 12920 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 04:14:24 PM »

I thought he said something to the affect that "We arent like the Hoobastanks, we are a real rock band etc etc etc"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 04:37:17 PM »

Well we all know It's about Scott. The guy is a frontman, these things are going to happen. Personsally, if Scott was a dick to me, I'd tell him to fuck off and remind him that he is no better then a fucking bum (after all the shit he put his family through). Instead of whining like a bitch to the press about how much of a dick he is.
usurper
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 04:55:29 PM »

Maybe that hoobastank guy should shut the fuck up. rather have no "bonds" between hoobatank and VR.
I guess hes trying to milk the last drop of celebrity theres left for them.

He didn't actually say who the person was, it probably is Scott but you know how Matt can sometimes act like a dick...
I'm sad to admit this but HB isn't that bad, I'd never buy any of their albums or tickets to their shows butthey're not in my top 10 most hated bands
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 05:15:28 PM »

who cares!

turn the page and keep rocking!
alexh0618
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 05:53:07 PM »

at the concert I went to he did ask the crowd "How Many GNR fans there were out there"
he said the same thing with mine and asked about stp fans..
Same here. Then he asked if there were any Journey fans and they started to play the beginning of "dont stop believing" .
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 07:09:27 PM »

VR probably dont like Hoobastank very much and Hoobastank was offended. It was a lame putdown. Im sure VR blowed them off the stage every nite, so who cares what that guy says. He saw a real band VR, and found out Hoobastank cant compare with them.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 08:48:40 PM »

I thought he said something to the affect that "We arent like the Hoobastanks, we are a real rock band etc etc etc"
I thought that was Scott at a more recent concert? I remember Duff saying something about Hoobastank not being a real rock n roll band in an interview, or it could have been Nickleback, I'm not sure. Anybody remember that?
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 08:49:28 PM »

at the concert I went to he did ask the crowd "How Many GNR fans there were out there"
Same here. Then he asked if there were any Journey fans and they started to play the beginning of "dont stop believing" .

haha yea my concert too.  I actually felt sorry for them at that point b/c the whole crowd was laughing their asses off at how bad it was.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 11:06:42 PM »

Cleveland?  And fuck those assholes. Journey blows their sorry asses away by miles. Steve Perry is God.
RichardNixon
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 11:47:12 PM »

I don't see a problem with that.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2005, 12:04:36 AM »

haha yea my concert too.? I actually felt sorry for them at that point b/c the whole crowd was laughing their asses off at how bad it was.
haha i noticed that too at the concert at the santa barbra bowl, it was funny cuz the crowd went wild when he said that, then they imidiatly calmed down when they started to play again. Anyone else go to that show? (santa barbra bowl)
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2005, 03:17:38 AM »

I'm going to take this time to point out the NHL was on a lock-out, not a strike and there is a difference.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2005, 07:58:38 AM »

I don't see a problem with that.

who said there was a problem?? no
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »

how do we know he's talking about scott?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2005, 02:15:30 PM »

I'm sure he was talking about Dave. Scott is a nice guy, I wish he'd be my neighbour.

no

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2005, 04:39:59 PM »

Scotts the only guy in VR known to isolate, so im guessing thats who the Hoobastank were talking about. The word Hoobastank really does describe what their music sounds like.?
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2005, 06:01:49 PM »

who are hoobstank?? i never heard of them

don't know if you are joking or not but they opened for vr in north america.. They had a big emo hit in the usa with a song The Reason.

Do you know what emo even is? I have a total and utter hatred for both Hoobastank and the genre of music known as Emo, and their shitty Reason song is not emo. Emo is far worse. Listen to Glassjaw or Dashboard Confessional for some examples of the utter shit that is Emo.

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2005, 06:52:20 PM »

It seems you always hear this about Scott, to each there own but when i met VR Scott was actually really easy going. He even joked around with my girlfriend who had a Def Leppard 'Slang' shirt on saying "there is a t shirt you dont see very often I like it that is a good record " . I thought out of the whole band Scott and Duff were the easiest going.  We must have met him on a good day.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2005, 10:06:08 PM »

Dave was the one member in VR that really put everything he had into his performance at the concert I attended. Slash and Duff put off a strong vibe that they just didn't want to be there at all. And Hoobastank may not have a lot of hits, but they rocked so much harder on stage than VR.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2005, 01:38:59 AM »

Dave was the one member in VR that really put everything he had into his performance at the concert I attended. Slash and Duff put off a strong vibe that they just didn't want to be there at all. And Hoobastank may not have a lot of hits, but they rocked so much harder on stage than VR.

Right. Hoobastank rocks harder then no one. Those guys are a bunch of pussies, and the guitar player poses by holding his guitar in the air like some douche bag who is getting a rectal exam and loving every minute of it. Mind you he can only deliver power chord progressions with no soloing (You can obviously tell that he practiced posing in the mirror with his guitar instead of playing it). They rocked so hard that people decided to flick them off at the show I went to. Maybe giving the finger means "you guys are cool". When I was growing up, it meant "Fuck you".

Those guys have the stage presence of William Hung on bad day. Hoobastank is a horrible pop-rock band who was lucky enough to know Brandon Boyd from Incubus (who got them a record deal).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 01:47:45 AM by electricmage » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: