Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 03:57:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228095 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the people wondering about the quality of the songs on CD  (Read 25229 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2005, 05:10:29 PM »

"The Day I tried to live - Soundgarden"

Man no, just no. Listen, I am a big Soundgarden fan, and this is a great song. But it is NOT IRS great. I understand this is your opinion though. The Day I tried to live is not even as memorable, innovative, or has the replayability of IRS. Man, you are just proving me right if that is your pic over IRS. I repeat:

IRS is the greatest Rocker of the last 15 years. And I am not even asking for a current song. You guys pick any from the 90's on. This all hit me one night, and as a music fan, I couldn't think of any that hit me in this immediate and gratifying way as IRS does.

You like "I.R.S.," we get it, but stick to speaking for yourself.  ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2005, 05:30:08 PM »

I like IRS beyond comparison and I share Buddha's feeling.

I don't know there's something in this "early demo" song and that touches the right chord.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2005, 05:41:55 PM »

Man no, just no. Listen, I am a big Soundgarden fan, and this is a great song. But it is NOT IRS great. I understand this is your opinion though. The Day I tried to live is not even as memorable, innovative, or has the replayability of IRS. Man, you are just proving me right if that is your pic over IRS. I repeat:

IRS is the greatest Rocker of the last 15 years. And I am not even asking for a current song. You guys pick any from the 90's on. This all hit me one night, and as a music fan, I couldn't think of any that hit me in this immediate and gratifying way as IRS does.

You like "I.R.S.," we get it, but stick to speaking for yourself.? ok

Bad day at the office old man? I always speak for myself. I will encourage my kid to do the same to. You try it sometime. 

Listen dude, I have been on here a long time. I have never came out about a song the way I am with IRS. The song hits me hard. If that for some reason is giving you a problem, then that is yours alone.  ok
Everything is going to be alright man. Take a walk around the block and get some fresh air.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2005, 05:59:22 PM »

You try it sometime.?

Roll Eyes  Well thats a lame response.

But whats even more lame is pretending that your opinion is so worthy and objective that you feel compelled to challenge others to give their own so that you can answer, "Man, no, just no."  Again, you really like "I.R.S.," youve made it abundantly clear.  Turning your overzealousness into a competition is just silly.
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2005, 06:03:18 PM »

How did

11. breakdown
12.? locomotive

get into your best 14 songs of the GNR catalogue?? I wouldn't even put them on a reworked single cd of the illusion albums.? I mean they are interesting songs, but really they were album filler as far as the rest of the songs on UYI in my opinion.? ? Anyways I digress from your topic...

There is no evidence that Axl has completed any songs other than the ones played in the 2001-2002 tours, oh and I wouldn't count IRS either.? ?The 6 years in the making of CD doesn't have any correlation to the number of songs written by the orignal members of GNR in the '87-93 period, especially as some songs were written earlier than '87 and all the orignals were released by '91 and would have been released a year earlier if not for Axl relaying the vocals.? ?Also, why has the words of this A&R guy been written in stone as the truth as to what's coming out on the new album?

No evidence? Really? I guess you should really learn to read. Brain May said he had 2 or 3 albums of completed materal done and that was a few years ago, plus pretty much everyone in the band and merk have said the album is pretty much done cept for axl touching up vocals.? You really need a reality check like your little click, that think Axl only has 2 songs done.

As for the A and R guy, he just passed Axl in the hall, yet? he knows what is going on with CD? That is funny, that is a great source dont you think? Maybe if your little world but we live in the real world. Nice try though.

I read every news article posted on this site and in the wider press.? What the band, the A&R guy and Brian May said is still all hearsay, not tangible evidence.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 06:07:10 PM by BD888 » Logged
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2005, 06:16:20 PM »

Is there another copy of this out there other than the scratchy radio edit that was almost unlistenable?  I must have missed this, please tell me if I am wrong!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

dave-gnfnr2k your posts always crack me up rofl, Whenever you give your opinion about something you make it sound like it's a fact that's just fucking ridiculous man! Undecided

Read my disclaimer on my sig. You really should learn to read.? It was for booker but it can be for simpletons like you too.

Here we go again Roll Eyes, when someone criticizes you somehow you always feel the need to bash them, and you say I'm a simpleton pff
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2005, 06:48:35 PM »

But whats even more lame is pretending that your opinion is so worthy and objective that you feel compelled to challenge others to give their own so that you can answer, "Man, no, just no."? Again, you really like "I.R.S.," youve made it abundantly clear.? Turning your overzealousness into a competition is just silly.

Dude I didnt bring up IRS, but felt compelled to contribute to the discussion. You felt compelled to jump on my dick because I somehow offended you. You precious delicate little flower. Turning something into a competition is a game dude. I made a bold statement, and knowing that I proposed a challenge. Anyone reading it, can take it or leave it. I won't lose sleep over it either way.

So, instead of contributing, you threw a tantrum, acting like I took your baby bottle away. The only thing lame here, is you trying to sound superior.

Gonna make it a federal case
Gonna win and knock it outta your face

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2005, 07:24:53 PM »

dave-gnfnr2k your posts always crack me up rofl, Whenever you give your opinion about something you make it sound like it's a fact that's just fucking ridiculous man! Undecided

Read my disclaimer on my sig. You really should learn to read.? It was for booker but it can be for simpletons like you too.

Here we go again Roll Eyes, when someone criticizes you somehow you always feel the need to bash them, and you say I'm a simpleton pff

That is funny? I was replying to poor attempt at wit.? Its not really hard to undestand that when ever anyone talks about a song its always an OPINION so why done people always claim others are stating it as a fact? If it was fact, it would either? be quoted with? a source or I would have said its a FACT that....

Is that really too hard to understand? I even put a disclaimer in my sig and people still claim I am saying my opinion on songs as a fact. If some one is going to crititze me for something that is wrong I am going to call them on it. And I hardly see how calling someone a simpleton is attacking them. Maybe if certain people would actually know what they are talking about they could do that, but its obvious this person has no clue what he/she is talking about since like I said I even have a disclaimer in my sig.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 07:26:48 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2005, 07:28:13 PM »

You try it sometime.?

Roll Eyes? Well thats a lame response.

But whats even more lame is pretending that your opinion is so worthy and objective that you feel compelled to challenge others to give their own so that you can answer, "Man, no, just no."? Again, you really like "I.R.S.," youve made it abundantly clear.? Turning your overzealousness into a competition is just silly.

Its called discussion, you should try it some time instead of ignoring his post and just going off topic like  you love to do so much.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2005, 07:30:47 PM »

Well lets say this theory is true and Axl and Co. have between 40-60 songs done or completed how do we know the 12-15 songs that they decide to put on CD are the best songs how do we know taht several years down the road when a follow up album too CD that contains music from these sessions and we say Wow this is even better then what was on CD are problem is because its been so long we are putting all are chips on this one album i think we need to wait out and see how much music in the long run that we get from these sessions to really say ok CD was the best or whatever comes beyond that. But i have no doubt that whatever does come out on CD will be great music.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 07:33:21 PM by Axl4Pres » Logged
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2005, 07:46:04 PM »

Just to add to my previous post how do we even know that it will be just 12-15 songs what if managment and maybe even axl feels lets try to get as much of this material out now what if it were a double album similar to UYI or something really creative as we all know in the world of GnR u never know what to expect i honestly think its almost impossible to speculate what we will get no matter what you hear from whoever.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2005, 07:47:34 PM »

IRS the best song of the last 15 years? That's fucking hilarious! Jimmy gave some good examples. That not good enough? How about 'Seasons In The Abyss' by Slayer.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2005, 08:31:04 PM »

Well lets say this theory is true and Axl and Co. have between 40-60 songs done or completed how do we know the 12-15 songs that they decide to put on CD are the best songs how do we know taht several years down the road when a follow up album too CD that contains music from these sessions and we say Wow this is even better then what was on CD are problem is because its been so long we are putting all are chips on this one album i think we need to wait out and see how much music in the long run that we get from these sessions to really say ok CD was the best or whatever comes beyond that. But i have no doubt that whatever does come out on CD will be great music.

Because IMO Sact wants to make  their money  back and would want all the best songs on the first album. What if they decided not to put out another album? Then what? Also why wouldnt they put the best 12-15 songs they have on CD? You really think they would want to hold back a few songs when this album cost $15m  to make?

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2005, 08:33:51 PM »

Just to add to my previous post how do we even know that it will be just 12-15 songs what if managment and maybe even axl feels lets try to get as much of this material out now what if it were a double album similar to UYI or something really creative as we all know in the world of GnR u never know what to expect i honestly think its almost impossible to speculate what we will get no matter what you hear from whoever.

No one knows but axl and merk have always said there will be around 18 songs.  Id love for a double album but only time wil tell.

Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2005, 09:06:34 PM »

Im not disagreeing with you dave im just talking from our stand point we may love CD but can we say at the same time that hypothetically speaking if we do see more albums from these sessions that we say wow these songs were better then the ones on CD i mean i do believe axl said way back when in 2002 that there were atleast 3 albums worth of material in the end it will be up to us as to whether or not what they put out on CD is the best.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2005, 10:40:01 PM »

I think there is only one way to end this thread.... dave vs. buddha in a game of who can drink what is under the kitchen sink faster!!!  My money is on dave!   ok

(I eagerly await a witty response!)

Oh yeah, and I.R.S. is pretty solid for a demo, can't wait for the album version.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2005, 10:51:50 PM »

Im not disagreeing with you dave im just talking from our stand point we may love CD but can we say at the same time that hypothetically speaking if we do see more albums from these sessions that we say wow these songs were better then the ones on CD i mean i do believe axl said way back when in 2002 that there were atleast 3 albums worth of material in the end it will be up to us as to whether or not what they put out on CD is the best.

I would hope that the band would not hold any songs back and they would put out the 15 or so best they made over the past 6 years.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2005, 11:00:39 PM »

That is funny? I was replying to poor attempt at wit.? Its not really hard to undestand that when ever anyone talks about a song its always an OPINION so why done people always claim others are stating it as a fact? If it was fact, it would either? be quoted with? a source or I would have said its a FACT that....

Is that really too hard to understand? I even put a disclaimer in my sig and people still claim I am saying my opinion on songs as a fact. If some one is going to crititze me for something that is wrong I am going to call them on it. And I hardly see how calling someone a simpleton is attacking them. Maybe if certain people would actually know what they are talking about they could do that, but its obvious this person has no clue what he/she is talking about since like I said I even have a disclaimer in my sig.

Ok Dave, enough already with your "sig." And by the way, the correct  spelling is "sentence," not sentance. We all get drunk/stoned/fucked up now and then, or always, but nonetheless spelling is a reflection of who you are and your level of intelligence. So while  your poor grammar and spelling may be dismissed in your posts--owing to the heat of the moment  undoubtedly--the  fact is that you should take the time and care to at least  make sure the words in your signature are spelled correctly.

Oh, and by the way, you never responded to my post that there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER about your claim that CD will be a 'greatest hits'. Just thought I would remind  you. Perhaps inconvenient to you?

The fact of the matter is, logically speaking, we  have 5-6 new songs, half of which are good and half are horrible. On that basis, it would be presumptuous to anyone, even the great Dave, to predict  that CD will be a greatest hits. I am sure that the album  will be above average, but I agree with the previous posts that Axl alone as a songwriter has yet to prove himself, whereas Axl with  Izzy, Duff, and Slash the combo was absolutely brilliant.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2005, 11:49:28 PM »

Ok Dave, enough already with your "sig." And by the way, the correct? spelling is "sentence," not sentance. We all get drunk/stoned/fucked up now and then, or always, but nonetheless spelling is a reflection of who you are and your level of intelligence. So while? your poor grammar and spelling may be dismissed in your posts--owing to the heat of the moment? undoubtedly--the? fact is that you should take the time and care to at least? make sure the words in your signature are spelled correctly.

Oh, and by the way, you never responded to my post that there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER about your claim that CD will be a 'greatest hits'. Just thought I would remind? you. Perhaps inconvenient to you?

The fact of the matter is, logically speaking, we? have 5-6 new songs, half of which are good and half are horrible. On that basis, it would be presumptuous to anyone, even the great Dave, to predict? that CD will be a greatest hits. I am sure that the album? will be above average, but I agree with the previous posts that Axl alone as a songwriter has yet to prove himself, whereas Axl with? Izzy, Duff, and Slash the combo was absolutely brilliant.

KK typical you picking up on a spelling error since you have no leg to stand on. Great work Colombo: ok:
I would not have to keep pointing toward my sig if certain people would just read it and stop claiming when ever I talk about what song I think its better is stated as a fact when in fact it's s not.? As for spelling, its a message board its not school so who cares about grammar or a few spelling mistakes. People just pick on spelling or grammar when they have no leg to stand on they have to go to that.

I already answered your question in another post but of coarse you always miss the important things and just read what you want. So typical. I really get tired of repeating myself for people like you and then others wonder why I call people like you simpletons. That is also why I ignore you repeated questions for things I already answered.

Just look in my original post, and while you are at it look up the word COULD. Thank you. I did know that I needed evidence when I used the word COULD BE. Go figure.

Ps I fixed my sig just for you
 love
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 11:53:40 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: