Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Kalondner speaks about Axl/GNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kalondner speaks about Axl/GNR  (Read 9210 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 09:45:17 PM »

Huh? You're an idiot. There almost nothing truthful in your entire post.

Get lost, loser.

HAHA! Man thats harsh! Heh.. I love this board. "Huh? Whats that? Your a f***ing IDIOT! SHUT IT!"

Gotta loveeeee the loveeeee  love

Anyone still believe in an '05 release? Whatcha think the chances are? Sorry to put the spot light on ya, and bring up a semi dead horse.. but I just wanna hear some other people's opinions.. c-cuz.. im.. so.. lonely and i need f..f-...f-f-friends!  hihi

-jack

And Oh yeah, on Axl's voice... I think it'll be around for awhile. I don't think we can "really" know until we see him on another tour. I hear his voice was actually better for the most part on the '02 tour. Amen? Or am I wrong?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 09:51:43 PM by vasoline73 » Logged

gnrevolution.com
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 10:18:16 PM »

Get lost, loser.

HAHA! Man thats harsh! Heh.. I love this board. "Huh? Whats that? Your a f***ing IDIOT! SHUT IT!"

Gotta loveeeee the loveeeee  love

Anyone still believe in an '05 release? Whatcha think the chances are? Sorry to put the spot light on ya, and bring up a semi dead horse.. but I just wanna hear some other people's opinions.. c-cuz.. im.. so.. lonely and i need f..f-...f-f-friends!  hihi

-jack

And Oh yeah, on Axl's voice... I think it'll be around for awhile. I don't think we can "really" know until we see him on another tour. I hear his voice was actually better for the most part on the '02 tour. Amen? Or am I wrong?

I don't mean to be that harsh but there isn't any basis for that post. Axl wasn't a heroin/cocaine addict in the 90s. He gained weight because, and this is hard for alot of people to understand, because HE GOT OLDER.  The poster incorrectly states that Axl became fat on the 2002; not true. He was a bit chubby at Rio 3 but came back at the 12-29/12-31 Vegas shows, much much slimmer. Go see the pics from those shows. I know it doesn't strike the same resonance as what some haters would want to believe. Also, he wasn't out of breath on the 2002 tour and certainly not during the Boston show. I know because I was there. He showed an impressive vocal strength. He definately got better as the tour progressed.

It goes on and on.....but if some hater wants to make up a bunch of lies about Axl for whatever self interested reasons, he should expect to be called on it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2005, 01:05:10 AM »

Come on now Vector, lets not use Age as an excuse for his weight gain

Axl gained weight

A. he quit smoking and most people gain weight when they quit
B. Didnt he get off some kind of anti depressant medication and that made him gain weight
C. he probably quit working out and started eating too much

Jon Bon Jovi looks better today than he did in his prime
anthony kiedis,steven Tyler,mick jagger,iggy pop,paul stanley,tommy lee the list goes on and on

getting older isnt an excuse to get out of shape and overweight

but since Axl is back in shape it doesnt matter anyway.

Axl's vocals on the 2002 tour were great and he will be able to sing for as long as he chooses now he has learned how to properly use his voice in concert.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005, 01:09:22 AM »

Get lost, loser.

Gotta loveeeee the loveeeee? love

Anyone still believe in an '05 release? Whatcha think the chances are? Sorry to put the spot light on ya, and bring up a semi dead horse.. but I just wanna hear some other people's opinions.. c-cuz.. im.. so.. lonely and i need f..f-...f-f-friends!? hihi

? ? -jack

I don't mean to be that harsh but there isn't any basis for that post. Axl wasn't a heroin/cocaine addict in the 90s. He gained weight because, and this is hard for alot of people to understand, because HE GOT OLDER.? The poster incorrectly states that Axl became fat on the 2002; not true. He was a bit chubby at Rio 3 but came back at the 12-29/12-31 Vegas shows, much much slimmer. Go see the pics from those shows. I know it doesn't strike the same resonance as what some haters would want to believe. Also, he wasn't out of breath on the 2002 tour and certainly not during the Boston show. I know because I was there. He showed an impressive vocal strength. He definately got better as the tour progressed.

It goes on and on.....but if some hater wants to make up a bunch of lies about Axl for whatever self interested reasons, he should expect to be called on it.

I agree entirely with your post Vector, except on the Boston performance part. Ive seen alot of bootlegs from that show and yes, for the most part Axl is great, but listen to Rocket Queen specifically the last few verses..he is most definately running out of breath and definately having trouble hitting those high notes.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 02:11:24 AM »

Come on now Vector, lets not use Age as an excuse for his weight gain

Axl gained weight

A. he quit smoking and most people gain weight when they quit
B. Didnt he get off some kind of anti depressant medication and that made him gain weight
C. he probably quit working out and started eating too much

Jon Bon Jovi looks better today than he did in his prime
anthony kiedis,steven Tyler,mick jagger,iggy pop,paul stanley,tommy lee the list goes on and on

getting older isnt an excuse to get out of shape and overweight

but since Axl is back in shape it doesnt matter anyway.

Axl's vocals on the 2002 tour were great and he will be able to sing for as long as he chooses now he has learned how to properly use his voice in concert.

There is something known as middle aged sprawl. I have hit 30 and noticed how easily it is to gain weight.

The guys you listed above are the exception to the rule. Most haven't been out the limelight as long as axl.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005, 02:24:56 AM »

I agree entirely with your post Vector, except on the Boston performance part. Ive seen alot of bootlegs from that show and yes, for the most part Axl is great, but listen to Rocket Queen specifically the last few verses..he is most definately running out of breath and definately having trouble hitting those high notes.

In 2002 he relied on that awful vocal filter to help him cover up the lack of strength in his voice.

That, coupled with him not using vibrato for whatever reason (I think he was just lazy) made his voice come off as sounding terrible. At least in 2001 he was able to hit every note and use vibrato - which made his voice passable, but still much different than the voice we came to know and love.

I played the Boston concert for my friend the other day who hadn't heard any New-GNR before. First thing out of his mouth was "what the fuck happened to Axl's voice?".

The general concensus on this board is that Boston was the best New-GNR show.

Let me make this clear - there's a difference between "best sound quality" and "best performance".

The bootleg of the Boston soundboard has the best sound quality.

Axl's best performances with the new lineup were in 2001.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:30:45 AM by DunkinDave » Logged
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2005, 02:28:14 AM »

He was a bit chubby at Rio 3 but came back at the 12-29/12-31 Vegas shows, much much slimmer. Go see the pics from those shows.

Yeah, and that concert was 8 months before the European tour where he reappeared and was fat as hell.

What's your point?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2005, 03:06:48 AM »

In 2002 he relied on that awful vocal filter to help him cover up the lack of strength in his voice.

That, coupled with him not using vibrato for whatever reason (I think he was just lazy) made his voice come off as sounding terrible. At least in 2001 he was able to hit every note and use vibrato - which made his voice passable, but still much different than the voice we came to know and love.

I played the Boston concert for my friend the other day who hadn't heard any New-GNR before. First thing out of his mouth was "what the fuck happened to Axl's voice?".

The general concensus on this board is that Boston was the best New-GNR show.

Let me make this clear - there's a difference between "best sound quality" and "best performance".

The bootleg of the Boston soundboard has the best sound quality.

Axl's best performances with the new lineup were in 2001.

No, MSG is regarded as the best show of the 2002 tour.

I disagree with you about the effectiveness of his vocal preformance on the 2002 tour. I thought by Boston and MSG, he had really hit his stride and nailed even the difficult high notes of LALD and Rocket Queen.

I don't understand this difference between 2001/2002. You maybe the first person ever to insinuate that he regressed in between those years.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 03:53:38 AM by killingvector » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2005, 03:08:15 AM »

He was a bit chubby at Rio 3 but came back at the 12-29/12-31 Vegas shows, much much slimmer. Go see the pics from those shows.

Yeah, and that concert was 8 months before the European tour where he reappeared and was fat as hell.

What's your point?

He had his shirt off during the Vegas shows. He wasn't fat.

Are you suggesting that he gained weight, spent a year getting rid of it, then gained it all back in 8 months? What is your proof because Axl wore jersies during that whole tour.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2005, 03:21:45 AM »

I don't understand this difference between 2001/2002. You maybe the first person ever to insinuate that he regressed in between those preformances.

The band had to slow down songs such as "Think About You" and "Out Ta Get Me" during the 2002 tour because Axl couldn't keep up with them.

It sounded really, really bad and made the limitations of his voice even more apparent.

Listen to "The Blues" from House Of Blues in January 2001 and then listen to Axl sing it in Boston in December 2002.

That's how much his voice changed in a 2-year span.

What is your proof because Axl wore jersies during that whole tour.

Isn't that proof enough?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2005, 03:33:05 AM »

I don't understand this difference between 2001/2002. You maybe the first person ever to insinuate that he regressed in between those preformances.

The band had to slow down songs such as "Think About You" and "Out Ta Get Me" during the 2002 tour because Axl couldn't keep up with them.

It sounded really, really bad and made the limitations of his voice even more apparent.

Listen to "The Blues" from House Of Blues in January 2001 and then listen to Axl sing it in Boston in December 2002.

That's how much his voice changed in a 2-year span.

What is your proof because Axl wore jersies during that whole tour.

Isn't that proof enough?

Bands usually play songs live faster the first few times. As they gain more experience, the tempo slows and approaches the ideal. The Blues wasn't slowed down for Axl's benefit.

And no. The jersies aren't enough because he wore the jersies during the 12-29-01 and 12-31-01 shows in addition to the open french style coat which exposed his toned torso.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2005, 03:47:06 AM »

And no. The jersies aren't enough because he wore the jersies during the 12-29-01 and 12-31-01 shows in addition to the open french style coat which exposed his toned torso.

Dude - that was 8 months before he started wearing jerseys.

If I can lose fifteen pounds in a month, he can sure as hell gain fifteen pounds in eight months.

The Blues wasn't slowed down for Axl's benefit.

Apparently not, because it reveals his voice is quite awful.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2005, 03:49:45 AM »

If I can lose fifteen pounds in a month, he can sure as hell gain fifteen pounds in eight months.

no it wasn't 8 months before he started wearing jersies because he wore them during the later 2 Vegas gigs. You can gain 15 lbs in a month like Morgan Spurlock but you've yet to prove that Axl gained weight between the 12/29 & 12/31 vegas shows and the Asian/European tour.

I think the Boston version of the Blues is the best SB version out there, in quality of Axl's voice. Nice and grainy like the old days.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2005, 05:25:06 AM »

I can't believe that a generally positive post has been turned into a thread about botox, braids and Axl's weight. No wander he hates the internet.

Here today...ready to rock
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2005, 06:35:16 AM »

Yeah I agree - I was happy when I 1st read this thread - and as it progressed I just got angry!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2005, 08:10:18 AM »

I don't really get the point of this discussion... but Dave get a copy of the Pittsburgh gig from the 02 tour. IMO after MSG, the best show of the 02 tour

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2005, 09:02:28 AM »

Folks, this isn't a thread about Axl's voice, weight or choice of clothes. Get back on track.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2005, 09:10:40 AM »

which exposed his toned torso.
I understand ur support of Axl's figure, but that's too much. hihi
P.S: Sorry, now what were we discussing?

Fuck 'Em All.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2005, 09:11:16 AM »

I thought the best show was Leeds 2002 but anyway, I find some differences in 2001 and 2002 shows too. Boston was a long-length show. The Blues in Boston was no way better than Pittsburgh.
In WTTJ (Las Vegas), in the first words I think he tries himself to sound like he were in 92-93 or something but he fails and makes it as in '02 shows. In think about you ('01) he puts a scream on the solo. The quicker versions of the Blues were beautiful and suitable for his voice. In the slower the vocals seemed a little flat, especially the screaming in the middle of the song.
Now about the botox, I'm not sure. The braids might be the reason for the turn. Besides in bottox you can't blink your eyes with ease. Is anyone here that believes he had a bottox in Rio?

Sorry for the mess in the thread but some things should not be judged after a sort.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005, 09:16:54 AM »

"I saw him in the Sanctuary office a month ago. This guy walked by and says: 'Hello, John'. It was Axl. And he looked great - like Axl The Rock Star again'.
That's really cool. Cool Axl is a Rockstar and this is a quality. It's good to know he came back to us. peace

that was very nice to read.. Hope he comes back soon..

11 years axl has been working on CD, damn never knew it was that long..

that is the best thing I have read in ages.. peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: