Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  vr to play benefit for hurricane victims-florida sept 6th orlando
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: vr to play benefit for hurricane victims-florida sept 6th orlando  (Read 2721 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: September 02, 2005, 04:49:16 PM »

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1442

from the board's front page in case no one checks it..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 07:18:43 PM »

I am glad they are doing this.  Watching this sheot on TV, its the most effed up stuff I have ever scene.  I have been to New Orleans so many times its like my second home.  It is just sad watching it and sad thinking about what all those people are going to do with their lives.  Its awful.  Its worse then Iraq down there.  We need the Marines to kill the scum down there.  There is zero control.  Okay, enough of my rant.  Just glad they are playing.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 11:21:46 PM »

Very cool.
By the way, where  is Axl and his band?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 06:21:39 AM »

Very cool.
By the way, where? is Axl and his band?

I though the tsunami would had brought axl out, maybe this who knows.. To bad indiana didn't get flooded out j/k

I hope the show is on tv since it's more then just them playing..
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 04:35:29 AM »

By the way, where? is Axl and his band?

You mean Guns N' Roses?

I'm sorry, this is the VR board, but I have to mention GNR somebody already did so.

I don't know why some of you are having such a hard time in dealing with Axl owning the rights of the name. Like it or not, Axl's band is Guns N' Roses. Yes we all loved the old band, yes we all wish they had re-group at some point, but remember Duff, Slash and Izzy walked out from the band. You may not like the direction the current line up is taking, but it's still Guns N' Roses.

About the hurricane, well it's funny how some of you praise VR for doing Live 8 and now the Hurricane benefit concert, and imply that Axl may be to stuck up to even show uo for one of these gigs. The reason why they are not performing is simply because they are not ready. The band has been in the shadows for the last three years and there's no telling when they are gonna be back in the spotlight again. If they were to perform for this, lots of you would critize them for playing the old material.

Why would GNR play this? sure it's a honest cause and we all feel sorry for what happen in New Orleans, but it's too much of a risk after the 2002 fiasco. Besides, I do not think the organizers would even ask GNR for a gig like this anyway. VR has an album, is currently touring and has had a successful year. GNR on the other hand, is still working on their album as far as we know...they are not gonna be called for this.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 07:31:54 AM »

why is axl's band not ready to do a one time show for charity to help millions that lost everything..? he just choses not to play the show it's that simple.... It's not like they will have a 18 song setlist, it would just be some artists playing some great songs from their respected catalog.. He didn't play for the tsunami and might not play for katrina because he doesn't want to.. For any great world charity any plans can change (like an already booked show).. For all I know axl personally donated tons of money, but don't say the band isn't ready because that is a pile of shit.. There's no risk, the world isn't going to care if CD is ready or whatever it's an honerable cause ok
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 03:57:49 AM »

why is axl's band not ready to do a one time show for charity to help millions that lost everything..? he just choses not to play the show it's that simple.... It's not like they will have a 18 song setlist, it would just be some artists playing some great songs from their respected catalog.. He didn't play for the tsunami and might not play for katrina because he doesn't want to.. For any great world charity any plans can change (like an already booked show).. For all I know axl personally donated tons of money, but don't say the band isn't ready because that is a pile of shit.. There's no risk, the world isn't going to care if CD is ready or whatever it's an honerable cause ok

What a stupid post...

You are trying to turn this into an Axl "is an asshole, self centered, selfish and careless bastard" because GNR is not playing The New Orleans hurricane benefit show.

First of all, GUNS N' ROSES won't play because they are not been asked. No one will ask a band that has not been around at all with a failed comeback tour 3 years ago to play a charity show. It just won't happen. VR has been asked because they are a current band. They have an album, tour and they are reliable. GUNS N' ROSES doesn't have an album, nor they are touring and they are not too reliable as we saw 3 years ago when the tour was cancelled.

And you say no one really cares about these performances? Man, did you watch live 8? Yeah, the concert created awarness, but everybody was talking about how great was the Pink Floyd performance, how Robbie Williams rocked the audience and how The Libertines sucked big time. Everyone rates these performances...For GUNS N' ROSES it'd be crazy to do this because everyone is dying to flame Axl. Too much of a risk.

There are many other bands that would be more appropiate to do this at this point. GUNS N' ROSES has contributed before with honorable causes, so there's no reason why they wouldn't do it if been asked & the moment was right for them.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 07:09:17 AM »

You said gnr or axl wasn't ready..

The reason why they are not performing is simply because they are not ready.
that's your words dude.. I said they don't have to be ready it's just a one time thing for a good cause.. So if axl doesn't play it's his own reasons..

Don't give me the he wasn't aksed bologna.. geez like if the great gnr asked to play to help raise money they would be turned down..
it doesn't matter to me one way or another like I said the man can give money without playing..
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 02:40:36 PM »

Remember GNR's secret weapon, BucketHead has left, so GNR as a touring entity cannot perform. Axl said so. Until they find the replacement for BucketHead there will be no shows.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: