Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy joins Soul Asylum for two shows
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy joins Soul Asylum for two shows  (Read 20827 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 06:18:35 AM »

ok so I guess No Rock in Rio 5? what will be the new Axl's reason? a letter saying "Tommy left the band to promote his solo projects....nice guy! Hoppefully we hope to announce a release date for the new album in the next few month".

Will you be that stupid to believe it...again?
I really start to loose my optimism.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:29:20 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 06:23:02 AM »

wow soul asylum still exists... I haven't heard them since runaway train.. Not a bad group loved the album from ten years ago...

Good for tommy, hopefully he is there and moves on because there is nothing going down with axl... man needs to eat and fufill his musical appetite as well....

For the people that are like wtf, what did you expect is axl and his new group active in anyway, is there anything actually happening, Huh You honestly don't expect these people who have been extra patient to wait forever....

I'm sure if cd ever happens they will all come back, but if they didn't I would understand just the same..
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 06:32:30 AM »

Runaway train never going back...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 06:33:38 AM »

I just hope it's temporary, because if "General" Tommy Stinson does leave GN'R, well...that doesn't sound good.

Agreed. The intriguing thing is that over a month ago, his webmaster said Tommy would post an update on his website as to what he's been doing lately. And that update never materialized. One could says no news is good news, but I'm not sure that's the way it works in the GN'R world...

Hopefully it's just a recording session, or maybe even an unfounded rumor. Is silentuproar.com a reputable music website? I've never heard of it before....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2005, 06:48:54 AM »

atleast this will give axl a chance to take the recordings to a new level.  hihi

dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 06:56:20 AM »

Nothing can explode that doesn't exist. It seems to me there won't be a tour in the next few months, although the 'music is ready' so Axl could release the damned album.

Agree
conny
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 06:59:26 AM »

Buckethead gone, more lawsuits than music, years of silence, Fortus with Nena, Brian "Smartass" Mantia, Sideshow Dizzy, studio jobs, longtime projects, third hand updates, soon, sooner....Soul Asylum?

My patience is over - I'm outta here.

Gimme a call when GN'R is a BAND and about MUSIC again.

Until then, may Axl find peace and everyone else keep on rocking. Thanks for a great time.

peace
makane
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 07:09:13 AM »

Good for Tommy.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 07:11:59 AM »

atleast this will give axl a chance to take the recordings to a new level.? hihi

A level even higher then when BH left.. it will be so complex only 4 legged creatures will be able to hear it..
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 07:18:23 AM »

Don`t assume it is true, when Tommy or his management announces it, then we`ll know for sure.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 07:38:04 AM »

i'll wait more infos to comment this one...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 07:48:30 AM »

If it is true, it?s probably just to make the album. I don?t think Tommy is doing anything til 2006 with guns n roses, and I don?t think it would take soul asylum more than 4 months to make an album.? Recruiting doesn?t mean joining the band. Just like Avil Levine recruited Josh Freese to play drums on her album. Also Tommys site doesn?t say he left gnr, or anything like that. But we ll see what happens. If Tommy did quit then it will be a huge blow to gnr since he is the 2nd most important member next to axl in this new gnr

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »

This sounds eerily similar to how the original/real GNR disintegrated.? Starting with the Buckethead announcement and all the members off working on their own projects and with other bands!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 08:49:28 AM »

If it is true, it?s probably just to make the album. I don?t think Tommy is doing anything til 2006 with guns n roses, and I don?t think it would take soul asylum more than 4 months to make an album.? Recruiting doesn?t mean joining the band. Just like Avil Levine recruited Josh Freese to play drums on her album. Also Tommys site doesn?t say he left gnr, or anything like that. But we ll see what happens. If Tommy did quit then it will be a huge blow to gnr since he is the 2nd most important member next to axl in this new gnr

I agree dave, this doesn't mean Tommy has left GnR,

Didn't trent recruit Dave Grohl on drums for the recording of NIN-With Teeth? Dave Grohl is not in NIN any longer

Don't worry people!!! He's still in GnR until An official announcement is made.  Besides it's not like Guns is active right now. I've said it before and i'll say it again. We will not see GnR again until the Record is in stores.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 08:55:07 AM »

I agree dave, this doesn't mean Tommy has left GnR,

Didn't trent recruit Dave Grohl on drums for the recording of NIN-With Teeth? Dave Grohl is not in NIN any longer

Don't worry people!!! He's still in GnR until An official announcement is made.? Besides it's not like Guns is active right now. I've said it before and i'll say it again. We will not see GnR again until the Record is in stores.
it's not like the band is active ever.. One thing I love about the forum is any new gnr fan can make aby negative situation seem positive hihi

Maybe he is just for the album.. I thought they needed a new bass player being they don't have one..

Soul asylum doing an album in 4 months.. Then it will be complete shit since we know a good album takes at least 6 or 7 years to make Grin
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 08:59:31 AM »

Will somebody get an update from Axl please.  Why does he have to leave everybody in the dark like this?  It is so unneccesary.  When is that new VR album coming out?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

Will somebody get an update from Axl please.? Why does he have to leave everybody in the dark like this?? It is so unneccesary.? When is that new VR album coming out?
from duff

On writing the follow-up to "Contraband":

"Oh, man, we have tons of new material. We've been writing since the beginning of the U.S. tour. We probably have enough for five records. The problem is paring it down to one record; it's a lot of stuff. We each have a CD and we each come back with the ones (songs) we like.

"On days off, I come up with riffs and partial songs. But our songwriting, . . . we really have to be together to be able to write, to come up with the song. Nobody's brought in a whole song. Like Matt'll have a drum riff, or I'll have a bass riff, or Slash will come in with a guitar riff; we all contribute. We're real prolific when we're all together. We are the sum of its parts.

"We'll probably start work on it at the end of September, but it probably won't come out until March or April. We record real quick, in a matter of weeks, but it's all the other stuff (mixing, tracking, packaging) that takes time.

"We don't want to rush it, but we want to keep this momentum that we've got right now going."

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2005, 09:02:46 AM »

08.31.05 ? Soul Asylum recruit new bass player

After the unfortunate passing of Soul Asylum bassist Karl Mueller it seemed that the band may call it quits but not Soul Asylum! No way! They've recruited former Replacements member Tommy Stinson. A new album should be out possibly in 2005.?

http://www.silentuproar.com/news/index.php

/jarmo

The quote says former Replacements member, doesn't mention GNR. So I assume Tommy is still in Guns and will also play in the next Soul Asylum album. Otherwise it'd probably quoted former Replacements and GNR member.

If Tommy has really joined Soul Asylum, I'd expect an official statement by GNR management or Axl to clarify the status of the band as it happened with Buckethead's departure.

Patience people, patience.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2005, 09:08:34 AM »

08.31.05 ? Soul Asylum recruit new bass player

After the unfortunate passing of Soul Asylum bassist Karl Mueller it seemed that the band may call it quits but not Soul Asylum! No way! They've recruited former Replacements member Tommy Stinson. A new album should be out possibly in 2005.?

http://www.silentuproar.com/news/index.php

/jarmo

The quote says former Replacements member, doesn't mention GNR. So I assume Tommy is still in Guns and will also play in the next Soul Asylum album. Otherwise it'd probably quoted former Replacements and GNR member.

If Tommy has really joined Soul Asylum, I'd expect an official statement by GNR management or Axl to clarify the status of the band as it happened with Buckethead's departure.

Patience people, patience.

sometimes i think they say former replacement's bass player because no one even knows he's in axl's band... He gets the billing for the band he was most famous with..
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2005, 09:19:10 AM »

Hah, thanks for the update Mike.  I used to like Sould Asylum back in like 1995.  I think the fitting Soul Asylum song here is "Frustrated Incorporated."

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: