Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:48:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 84885 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2005, 08:51:26 AM »

Booker you really dont make yourself look good when you claim slash and duff dont talk shit about Axl and have not over the past 10 years.

Then I suppose you make yourself look worse when you cant give a list of examples to back up the point your making.

I am not even going to quote

hihi

Of course youre not.  Slash does nothing but lie, but you cant name any lies.  He does nothing but "talk shit" about Axl and you dont give any examples.  So dont worry about I look... ok
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2005, 09:06:32 AM »

Don't know how true it is but I heard on the radio this morning that SnD are NOT dropping this lawsuit.

When I got to work, I tried to find the quote on the radio station's website but the "news" on their site is about a week old.? Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2005, 09:21:07 AM »

Good point, Booker. beer I am also tired of hearing this shit about Duff and Slash's constant lies. I cant wait for some of these guys to whip out that decade long list of lies they've been talking about. It's gonna be an interesting read. The only place they're likely to find that list is in the Twilight Zone.

RichardNixon
« Reply #303 on: August 30, 2005, 09:31:18 AM »

I can think of one thing Slash lied about:

Didn't Slash say recently that he quit GN'R right after recording SFTD in late '94? But in '95 he always maintained he was in Guns N' Roses, and that Snakepit 95 was intended to be the next Guns album.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2005, 09:48:40 AM »

Booker you really dont make yourself look good when you claim slash and duff dont talk shit about Axl and have not over the past 10 years. I am not even going to quote, just go read their interviews its all there.

Btw this past law suit makes Slash and Duff look REALLY bad and could piss off the courts for not looking into it before suing. Axl really comes out smelling like roses after this.

DaveGnR2K99 - let's be realistic, both sides have talked about the other one. And let's also be realistic - you've never heard anyone say Slash or Duff or Matt or Izzy were hard to work with. You've heard DOZENS of people, from producers to musicians to ex-wives say that Axl was difficult to be around.  As for making S&D look bad... Huh?  We've heard two sides and each believes they are right. We don't know the truth at all. 

What we do know, for a FACT, is that over the last 10 years, Axl has released no new music, cancelled a tour that sold poorly, no-showed from two shows, caused 2 riots, shown up late for most of his concerts, released no new videos, albums, singles, never updated his website, gone through DOZENS of musicians and producers, been a complete recluse, shot himself up with botox, gotten cornrows, and gained a lot of weight... and then you say something "makes Slash and Duff look REALLY bad"Huh LOL.

If Weitzman can back up his claims, he will make Slash and Duff look very very bad. Frankly after that statement they  made last week, they deserve it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »

Didn't Slash say recently that he quit GN'R right after recording SFTD in late '94? But in '95 he always maintained he was in Guns N' Roses, and that Snakepit 95 was intended to be the next Guns album.

No.  slash said that "Sympathy for the devil" was 'the sound of the band breaking up'.  He did not say he actually left the band after recording it, and he also never said he intended the snakepit record to be entirely the next GNR album.  He said some of the material he was writing was taken to Axl and Axl turned it down flat.  It wasnt a matter of saying 'hey Axl, here's the next record!'.  It was just some material to be worked on.  And Slash said he then took it and jammed with the rest of the guys for awhile and out came the Snakepit record.

so no, Slash didn't lie about anything you said.
RichardNixon
« Reply #306 on: August 30, 2005, 10:04:50 AM »

No.? slash said that "Sympathy for the devil" was 'the sound of the band breaking up'.? He did not say he actually left the band after recording it, and he also never said he intended the snakepit record to be entirely the next GNR album.? He said some of the material he was writing was taken to Axl and Axl turned it down flat.? It wasnt a matter of saying 'hey Axl, here's the next record!'.? It was just some material to be worked on.? And Slash said he then took it and jammed with the rest of the guys for awhile and out came the Snakepit record.

so no, Slash didn't lie about anything you said.

I don't have a link, so I might be wrong, but I could have sworn that I read Slash said he quit GN'R after SFTD and he talked told Keith Richards.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #307 on: August 30, 2005, 10:07:05 AM »

You guys complaining that Axl never does any fingerpointing seem to have forgotten his habitual bitching during the most recent shows. Did you forget Rio? Did you forget the 'Dive in and find the monkey' press release? How about today's press release?

That the other guys file lawsuits, as opposed to Axl going through the fans and media releases, shouldn't obscure the basic fact that Axl pisses on the other guys, and they, in turn, piss on him.

The only one relatively above the fray is Izzy. As usual.

You need a reality check. Axl rarely talks about the old members. Sure he did it at rio and duringt the 2002 tour but that was after remaining silent since 1996 about them while Duff and Slash were talking shit about Axl ever since they left guns? n roses.

HAHAHAHA! ?Dave, you are so right! ?Thing is, as you already know, for Axl its always a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't". ?When he's silent - then surely its because he has no valid response to their lies and accusations *sarcasm*... ?and when he speaks he is being an asshole.

Axl has publicly expressed his feelings towards his "former friends" and cautioned us that "no matter what you have seen or heard" that his efforts to move forward with his career with GN'R have been under seige from his former associates. ?YES he said it at the HOB, Yes he said it at RIR3, Yes he said it at the Pepsi Arena in Albany on the 02 Tour...! ?And what is the contention of all those who would seek to invalidate his statements and feelings (as if they could! Roll Eyes) ?Cries of "Axl is just being a prick.... and asshole... etc." ?HA! ?Axl knows the 'fans' oh so well... ?Axl said that there would be those who would say that...!

"Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it, and the next person will say "Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fuckin Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because he's got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can 'suck my dick'!"

Axl is defending himself against all those who to this day seek to DEMONIZE him... ?whether through deceit or ignorance, outright lies or outright stupidity, those who crucify him and hold him responsible for their own decisions - readily sacrificing Axl the scapegoat on the public altar of the press - and the public, the fans, .... ?consuming it in their firey rage because they feel it's owed to them... ? someone's gotta 'pay' for the sin of GN'R's breakup! ?so the crowd cheers on the action like spectators at the collesium living vicariously through the display or strength by their hero gladiator.

And Axl should proceed meekly like a the lamb being led to the slaughter.
Simply because YOU or YOU or HIM or THEY have judged him... he should roll over? ?he should turn the other cheek? ?he should take his licks? ?accept defeat?

I don't THINK so! ?

Axl is NOT going down without a fight. ?Tooth and nail... ?as sharp and cutting as the acid that surely churns in his bowels when they spew forth their bitter accusations.

"Suffering an apparent attack of arrogance and ego ... Rose recently decided.. blah, blah, blah"

well, well, well....

how about this?:

"Suffering an apparent attack of ignorance, malevolence, acridity AND stupidity... Slash and Duff recently declared Axl to be a hateful, lying, theiving bitch."

Oh, what's that you say? ?No? ?They didn't say that? ?Um... ? yes, they did. ?They just didn't have the BALLS to say it themselves... ? their mouthpiece declaring Axl "malicious, fraudulent and oppressive". ?

Fine. ?Don't 'take a side'. ?But regardless, either you believe that Axl is a blatant, lying, cheating, theiving, arrogant asshole - stupid or brazen enough (I don't know which they claim) to leave a papertrail of embezzlement that leads to his front door like Hansel's breadcrumbs! - either you believe that OR YOU DON'T.

IF you don't then you next have to ask yourself, then what does that make Slash and Duff? ?They are the ones that are claiming these things - in this suit and the prior. ?
The best case scenario I've heard in their defense is that "they probably don't even realize that their lawyers threw all this in there (in the lawsuits). ?

If you're still clinging to this shred of hope... ? If you still want to grant them immunity from associatoin from their own low down dirty criminal accusations of Axl I can understand that.
I can understand that it's hard to beleive that they themselves really believe what they are claiming. ?Its even more difficult to accept that they would claim these things not believing them to be true! ?

What would you imagine Slash would respond if asked whether he really believes that "Ax"... his "bro, ?is a theif? ?How about you Duff? ?Axl's stealing your money? ? Y

Matt has at least had the BALLS to shoot the shit out of his own mouth! ?Slash and Duff have positioned themselves to be ready to claim deniablity of thier lawyers actions.

And IF (which I DON'T believe for an instant) IF they were SO clueless as to not be aware of what their charges are, of what their claims accuse - then just for being THAT stupid - they earn my disdain.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #308 on: August 30, 2005, 10:11:45 AM »

I don't have a link, so I might be wrong, but I could have sworn that I read Slash said he quit GN'R after SFTD and he talked told Keith Richards.

In several interviews that can be found on this site, Slash states he quit in 1996 after touring with Snakepit and then discovering that he and Axl couldn't exist.  On Behind the Music, Slash said that "Sympathy for the devil" was 'the sound of the band breaking up', but didn't say he quit after that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #309 on: August 30, 2005, 10:28:59 AM »

That rings a bell.

I think I found the article: http://www.1057thepoint.com/new_rock_news/Display.aspx?ID=38198

Apparently Keith made him stick with GN'R for a little longer....

"It kept me in there for as long as humanly possible. (Unfortunately) I was dealing with somebody who didn't want to do anything but drag the ship down."

There's also something a bit negative about Axl in that sentense for those who never seen Slash say anything negative about Axl. ?Wink

Here's more about Slash quitting GN'R etc from over the years:

Looking at a hypothetical scenario where GN'R split up, who actually owns the Guns N' Roses name?

"As far as contractually - and this is a discrepancy between myself and our attorneys - apparently Axl owns it. Now I should have known that, because I could have then said: "Okay." I don't give a fuck who owns the name. But I find out later that Axl legally owns it - apparently.

Guns N' Roses: Is It All Over? Does Anyone Care?
Metal Hammer November 1995

What are the plans for GNR? When is the new album coming out and how about a tour?
Slash Says: Right now, Axl and I are deliberating over the future of our relationship.

- October 16th, 1996

"Axl and I have not been capable of seeing eye to eye on Guns N' Roses for some time. We recently tried to collaborate, but at this point, I'm no longer in the band. I'd like to think we could work together in the future if we were able to work out our differences."

- October 30, 1996

I don?t know how familiar you are with Guns history, but I quit the band five years ago and haven?t looked back since. Axl?s probably still in them, but I haven?t seem him. He?s just a really fucking huge mindfuck.

Slash?s Heroes & Villains
NME, October 7, 2000

Axl is making the call for whatever his 3 percent of the band is worth. He's making the call these days. My life was just miserable then. I couldn't deal with it. So I just left. So when he wanted to use the name Guns N' Roses I said sure, I didn't want anything to do with it.

Slash Interview
Steppin' Out Magazine, May 16th, 2001

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #310 on: August 30, 2005, 10:32:55 AM »

Wow SIG you also need a reality check and learn your gnr history. First off, you never heard anyone say that Slash was hard to work with? Did you ever hear Josh Todd talk about working with Slash? If not you really should go look it up, he said pretty much what Axl always said about him. Everytime something seemed to be a little differnt but worked Slash would nix it and say it doesnt work. So there is one strike against you.

Slash has worked with more musicians and bands than you can count. ?He formed a new band and is already on his second album. ?He's been in 3 bands since GnR. ?Axl can't even complete 1 band and has yet to appear with anyone since his reclusive behavior. ?Axl has a long and winding road as a person that is difficult to be around and work with. ?To attempt to deny this or explain it away is just plain dumb.

The only reason that slash and duff did not like working with Axl is because he wanted them to? be clean and he would not stand for anything less than their best. Its too bad they where not willing to give it thus one of the reasons they left the band.

Uh, the reason they left is because they were tired of Axl's egotistical, me me me attitude. ?Let's see, izzy left b/c of Axl. Duff and Slash left b/c of Axl. Matt obviously doesn't like Axl. ?So it's the whole band vs Axl. ? Not to mention Buckethead, Paul Huge, Josh F, and all the others that have been through Axl's revolving door.

The places that were only half full were the boonies so of coarse they are not going to sell out, plus there was no promotion or album for the tour yet they still out tons of tickets.

Los Angeles was half sold. A boony town? ?The promotion argument is tired and old and completely untrue. ?The album argument is even dumber considering bands like STeve Miller, The Eagles, Styx, and others tour every year without new albums.

As for the two no shows the first was explained because of plane trouble, of coarse you failed to mention that,

You're right. ?There was plane trouble. ?The trouble was that Axl didnt' get on the plane on time FOR HIS FIRST SHOW OF THE TOUR.

as for Philly that was never explained by Axl or Clear Channel for that matter.?
Axl has a very long history of going on stage late, not showing up, walking off stage, etc. ?Other musicians, Metallica, opening acts - they've all talked about it. ?How can you even attempt to argue Axl's checkered concert history?

As for axl gaining weight,? and his hair. And you point of that is? You do know that when people get old their gain weight right?

Old? he's in his early 40s. Sitting on your ass for 10 years will certainly make you fat. ?

Its because you know slash and duff are 100% wrong and they look like asses they could not make a phone call to Axl and see why they did not get their checks. They did not even have to make it, their lawyer could have. But this once again shows that Slash and Duff cant get over being out of guns n roses. They really should move on because this is getting old.

Obviousl we dont know who is wrong or right yet. ?Sounds like you though do. Are you an insider? ?As for moving on - One side formed a new band, released a platinum album, toured the world, is working on a 2nd album and plays 2-3 Gnr songs on tour. ?The other side is still in something called Guns n Roses, hasn't released anything, toured half the US, is still working on his 1st album, and played many many old songs on tour. ?Who hasn't moved on???

"It'll be out by 2009"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #311 on: August 30, 2005, 11:21:50 AM »

What Axl's weight has to do with the topic is beyond me. Huh I think Slash gained lots of weight but so what?

If Weitzman can back up his claims, he will make Slash and Duff look very very bad. Frankly after that statement they  made last week, they deserve it.

And it will cost them dearly.....They should have counted the cost.
Haste makes waste.

Seemingly, it's the same with their way of the other thing.
The only thing you could call negative that they would say about him is he is taking too long with this album and is a perfectionist is more than I can say for Slash and Duff who just like to half ass their songs and call it an album.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #312 on: August 30, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »

Roll Eyes um.  gnrisSlash . clever user name but tell me, are you not satified with VR. shouldnt it be VRis Slash? or am I reading that wrong, cause as far asI  know (being a fan from the 80s, ) that the origional lineup dont exist anymore.These lawsuits are pathetic, and more than that, shows me how much (and by jarmos digging of quotes FROM Slash) they were really fucked uped. now they are "clean" but dont count on that lol.... no need to metion the night they rented out the MErcury Loungue in NYC for a bachlor party last yr:O . apparently slash wsnt to sober that night.

BUT bottom line is at least on my part, cause it was those 5 fuck ups that I loved the music of, but as they evloved I had also, and after seing GNR of todays line up at MSG , no ne can tell me that AXl hsnt been doin what he set out, and keepin GNR alive, now all we have is vindictive and bitter ex-band mates who are pissed that they were fucked uped . 

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #313 on: August 30, 2005, 02:37:28 PM »

indictive and bitter ex-band mates who are pissed that they were fucked uped .

Slash responding to the question (about the break up of GN'R):  "I don't want to make Axl a scapegoat, but there's no one else to blame".

This folks is what it's all about.  Grown men who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.... why should they when its sooo easy to blame Axl?  Roll Eyes
And now, as if to 'prove' their cause as victims...   they accuse him of outright theivery.  It's just pathetic.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #314 on: August 30, 2005, 02:45:05 PM »

Slash responding to the question (about the break up of GN'R):? "I don't want to make Axl a scapegoat, but there's no one else to blame".

So did Slash leave because of Duff?  Matt?  Dizzy?

Did Duff leave because of um..whoever was in the band in 1997, '98?

Did Matt leave because of Duff?

And Daves post was "so right," and Duff and Slash have talked shit about Axl since they left, but Matts the only one to "shoot shit out of his own mouth?"
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2005, 02:56:39 PM »

Booker you really dont make yourself look good when you claim slash and duff dont talk shit about Axl and have not over the past 10 years.

Then I suppose you make yourself look worse when you cant give a list of examples to back up the point your making.

I am not even going to quote

hihi

Of course youre not.? Slash does nothing but lie, but you cant name any lies.? He does nothing but "talk shit" about Axl and you dont give any examples.? So dont worry about I look... ok

Booker, after reading the last 4 or 5 posts, is that enough now for you to believe that Slash constantly attacks Axl and takes no responsibility in the matter?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2005, 03:08:04 PM »

You guys complaining that Axl never does any fingerpointing seem to have forgotten his habitual bitching during the most recent shows. Did you forget Rio? Did you forget the 'Dive in and find the monkey' press release? How about today's press release?

That the other guys file lawsuits, as opposed to Axl going through the fans and media releases, shouldn't obscure the basic fact that Axl pisses on the other guys, and they, in turn, piss on him.

The only one relatively above the fray is Izzy. As usual.

You need a reality check. Axl rarely talks about the old members. Sure he did it at rio and duringt the 2002 tour but that was after remaining silent since 1996 about them while Duff and Slash were talking shit about Axl ever since they left guns  n roses.

HAHAHAHA!  Dave, you are so right!  Thing is, as you already know, for Axl its always a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".  When he's silent - then surely its because he has no valid response to their lies and accusations *sarcasm*...  and when he speaks he is being an asshole.

Axl has publicly expressed his feelings towards his "former friends" and cautioned us that "no matter what you have seen or heard" that his efforts to move forward with his career with GN'R have been under seige from his former associates.  YES he said it at the HOB, Yes he said it at RIR3, Yes he said it at the Pepsi Arena in Albany on the 02 Tour...!  And what is the contention of all those who would seek to invalidate his statements and feelings (as if they could! Roll Eyes)  Cries of "Axl is just being a prick.... and asshole... etc."  HA!  Axl knows the 'fans' oh so well...  Axl said that there would be those who would say that...!

"Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it, and the next person will say "Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fuckin Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because he's got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can 'suck my dick'!"

Axl is defending himself against all those who to this day seek to DEMONIZE him...  whether through deceit or ignorance, outright lies or outright stupidity, those who crucify him and hold him responsible for their own decisions - readily sacrificing Axl the scapegoat on the public altar of the press - and the public, the fans, ....  consuming it in their firey rage because they feel it's owed to them...   someone's gotta 'pay' for the sin of GN'R's breakup!  so the crowd cheers on the action like spectators at the collesium living vicariously through the display or strength by their hero gladiator.

And Axl should proceed meekly like a the lamb being led to the slaughter.
Simply because YOU or YOU or HIM or THEY have judged him... he should roll over?  he should turn the other cheek?  he should take his licks?  accept defeat?

I don't THINK so! 

Axl is NOT going down without a fight.  Tooth and nail...  as sharp and cutting as the acid that surely churns in his bowels when they spew forth their bitter accusations.

"Suffering an apparent attack of arrogance and ego ... Rose recently decided.. blah, blah, blah"

well, well, well....

how about this?:

"Suffering an apparent attack of ignorance, malevolence, acridity AND stupidity... Slash and Duff recently declared Axl to be a hateful, lying, theiving bitch."

Oh, what's that you say?  No?  They didn't say that?  Um...   yes, they did.  They just didn't have the BALLS to say it themselves...   their mouthpiece declaring Axl "malicious, fraudulent and oppressive". 

Fine.  Don't 'take a side'.  But regardless, either you believe that Axl is a blatant, lying, cheating, theiving, arrogant asshole - stupid or brazen enough (I don't know which they claim) to leave a papertrail of embezzlement that leads to his front door like Hansel's breadcrumbs! - either you believe that OR YOU DON'T.

IF you don't then you next have to ask yourself, then what does that make Slash and Duff?  They are the ones that are claiming these things - in this suit and the prior. 
The best case scenario I've heard in their defense is that "they probably don't even realize that their lawyers threw all this in there (in the lawsuits). 

If you're still clinging to this shred of hope...   If you still want to grant them immunity from associatoin from their own low down dirty criminal accusations of Axl I can understand that.
I can understand that it's hard to beleive that they themselves really believe what they are claiming.  Its even more difficult to accept that they would claim these things not believing them to be true! 

What would you imagine Slash would respond if asked whether he really believes that "Ax"... his "bro,  is a theif?  How about you Duff?  Axl's stealing your money?   Y

Matt has at least had the BALLS to shoot the shit out of his own mouth!  Slash and Duff have positioned themselves to be ready to claim deniablity of thier lawyers actions.

And IF (which I DON'T believe for an instant) IF they were SO clueless as to not be aware of what their charges are, of what their claims accuse - then just for being THAT stupid - they earn my disdain.

Wow, agree 100%. Axl has to defend himself and should not be criticized for doing so. He was accused of criminal acts by his former partners in a statement released to the world. It was slanderous, mean, and apparently complete bullocks. I really feel bad for S&D; they have dug a huge hole for themselves. It is possible now that this incident could come up in trial in November as an example of their unscrupulous activity.

And wow, jarmo, those quotes are killers for Slash. It states he quit the band and left axl behind. Sounds like he quit the partnership, doesn't it?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #317 on: August 30, 2005, 03:13:57 PM »

Booker, after reading the last 4 or 5 posts, is that enough now for you to believe that Slash constantly attacks Axl and takes no responsibility in the matter?

What does this even mean?

Yeah, Slash has blamed a large part of the disintegration of the band on Axl...so has Matt, Duff and Izzy. ?Are those "attacks?" ?Is calling Axl a "mindfuck" really an attack? ?If so, then what do you think of Axl calling Slash a liar in a press release? ?Or telling the ex-members to suck his dick? ?Or any of the other criticisms hes made in the small amount of press hes done?  The truth is, Slash and Duff have had a lot of opportunities, especially lately, to really bash Axl if that was their goal.  But theyve been pretty diplomatic for the most part.  How easily could they have joined Howard Stern in making fun of Axl?  They didnt, and Matt Sorum of all people actually put an end to the Axl discussion. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #318 on: August 30, 2005, 03:41:19 PM »

he truth is, Slash and Duff have had a lot of opportunities, especially lately, to really bash Axl if that was their goal.? But theyve been pretty diplomatic for the most part.? How easily could they have joined Howard Stern in making fun of Axl??
What exactely could they say Booker? They dont say anyhting because they dont have anythign to back it up. A} They nor any1 else have no idea what Axl is up to.
B} They could never attack Axls music until the album is out. They dont have an album to boast about themselves so it wouldnt be wise for them to critisize about music.

Slash and Duff can say whatever they want about Axl. But as Axl says when its all said and done and you look intop the sotry and not just believe it because its 2 vs 1, S&D just bark theres no real bite... they end up swingin with no heat....vargas hihi

We all know Axl is hard to work with. O well get over it. But hes also the key to the popularity you crave.

Ok so they can take part with the rest of America and call Axl fat, fake, no eyebrows, rap wanna be. Join the club SLash and company. Show your creative side. Ill give them credit though. They try to add more fuel to the fire about Axl being a selfish asshole with this new lawsuit. Its ashame they look like idiots.

I wonder if Slash and Duff regret getting fucked up all those years. And are now just bitter old men about it. All that partying cost them a part of the wheel. the wheel to the greatest band in the world that they helped create. But will not help finish.

They didnt, and Matt Sorum of all people actually put an end to the Axl discussion.?
No1 can put an end to Axl besides Axl. Who the fuck is Matt Sorum?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 03:46:25 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2005, 04:26:53 PM »

Slash responding to the question (about the break up of GN'R):? "I don't want to make Axl a scapegoat, but there's no one else to blame".

So did Slash leave because of Duff?? Matt?? Dizzy?

Did Duff leave because of um..whoever was in the band in 1997, '98?

Did Matt leave because of Duff?

Here is why Slash left IN HIS OWN WORDS:
(in no particular order)

http://www.metal-sludge.com/CelebritySludgematchRound1.htm
Slash: "I quit the group because of musical differences. I wanted to continue doing the hard rock thing, and he wanted to do techno-rock or something. We?re still to see the end result. I just do what I do because that?s what I like doing, but his thing seems to be a little more convoluted."
---------------------------
Digging the Pit
by Sandy Masuo
Slash: I thought we were just getting good at what we were doing and Axl headed in a different direction. I was basically too fucking stubborn -- still trying to perfect the one thing I was just getting good at to be able to go there. My whole trip is still based around the same original concept from when I started playing when I was 15? For me it?s basically all the same shit, and as far as what Axl had in mind I?m still waiting for the [next] Guns N? Roses record to come out to see what that was. That?ll be a huge relief for me.

---------------------------
March 20, 2001
JEFF VRABEL | STAFF WRITER
http://www.nudeasthenews.com/interviews/42
NATN: Have you heard any of the new GNR? Do you have any desire to?

S: I have heard some of the new band, and it's exactly what Axl wanted to do. It's the exact thing he was working on when I quit. It's finally immortalized. "
-------------------

AND "IT" isn't techno rock is it?

Slash says himself he was stubborn. ?Slash says himself he made half assed attempts at working with Axl. ? Slash left because of musical differences.... and an inability or unwillingness to bridge those difference.

How is that Axl's fault? ?Axl was excited about the songs that Slash brought in! ?But when he tried to work on them with Slash, Slash refused. "I was basically too fucking stubborn -- still trying to perfect the one thing I was just getting good at to be able to go there."~Slash.

And as for 'Axl's version' of why Slash left, Axl said that Slash left over control issues. ?Where is the disparity? ?Where is dishonesty? ?Where is the disagreement?

Based on all this, it should be clear to see that Slash did not believe in the future of GN'R... ? ?didn't believe he could evolve or progress with Guns or had no desire to be any part of any such thing.

The facts of the matter are plain and simple in Slash's own words. ?In Axl's own words. ?

October 20, 1999
"I sort of made a half-assed attempt at going back to Guns," he says. "But at the end of the day it was half-hearted, and I realized it wasn't going to happen....

Slash did not want to be in GN'R anymore.... as Axl has said he 'didn't want to work that hard'. ?As Slash himself has said he just wanted to keep working on and perfecting what he was doing since he was 15 - he felt they were "just getting good enough at it to be up there" (wtf?!! - I think he understimates his potential.)

regarding the reference someone questioned regrarding 'the Sympayh for the Devil incident', See below:

http://www.snakepit.ws/rc.asp
From Record Collector Magazine February, 2001, by Joel McIver
You said it's been five years since you've spoken to Axl, because he never could agree about anything. Was the one specific incident that set it off?
Slash: It really started when we covered "Sympathy for the Devil" for the "Interview With a Vampire" movie. I saw the first screening with the Stone's version still on it, and I thought it was fine. Fuck, why do we need to do it? But then Axl went to see it and he loved the movie ? see, I hated it.

"why do we need to do it?" ?WTF?! Give me a break... ? No one ever needs to do a cover! ?And it's thinking like this that Axl had to deal with... ?
--------------------------

As to the rest of your surly questions....

I recall Duff making a comment to the effect that he left because it wasn't "GN'R" to him anymore... after Slash left that is.
I think that Slash's departure was the key to 'the GN'R break-up'. ?And not a few fans would agree... ? Wink
I suppose you maintain, still, that (Slash's departure) to be Axl's fault? See above.

And Duff's own words which support the essence of what I cited above:

Neurotic Outsiders chat, December 17, 1996
http://hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/tr-19960730-chat-s.html
JH: ?"Duff, is GNR going to change their style? Is that what Axl wants?"
DUFF McKAGEN I don't know. We progress naturally. As far as the rumor that one person wants us to change, that's just not true.

As for Matt. ?Axl fired Matt. ?I think not a few fans would thank him for that! ?Tongue

And Daves post was "so right," and Duff and Slash have talked shit about Axl since they left, but Matts the only one to "shoot shit out of his own mouth?"

YES, Dave's post is "so right".... Duff and Slash have taked shit about Axl since they left... ?
AND Matt has with his own mouth accused Axl of "screwing (him) out of royalties." WHEREAS To my knowledge, Slash and Duff to date haven't had the balls to accuse Axl of the theivery thier lawsuits alledge - not in their own words, NOT WITH THEIR OWN MOUTHS.

Did you get it now? ?

I say they are being pussies. ?They want to call Axl a theif and a liar through their lawyer.... ?Don't they have the balls to spew that shit themselves?! ?Hm..?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 04:34:27 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: