Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:04:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 90149 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 08:32:31 PM »

Why are some of u still harping on a reunion

what part of that will never happen cant some of u realize?

The only reason bands reunite is for money and to reclaim fame

if axl has made one thing abundantely clear over the last ten years, its that he has plenty of money and he could care less about fame.

Its never happening and if it did Id lose all respect for every member of the band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005, 08:33:30 PM »

Axl knew what he was doing, seriously

some are assuming Duff and Slash signed away their publishing rights but they've been getting royatly payments up until this year, so they still have their rights or else the checks wouldve stopped as soon as they signed the name away to Axl.

It is possible that the new publishing company made an oversight and simply forgot to cut the checks but that seems a little too convenient for my tastes

I love Axl more than anyone but lets dont act like he is a genuine innocent nice guy cause honestly he isnt.

and what was he doing? No one here has seen the publishing contract or has any knowledge of what royalty payments were made.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:36:01 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005, 08:35:04 PM »

Seems like Axl really screwed  up this time..

But hell maybe Duff and Slash have really fuckin slow mail men.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005, 08:35:52 PM »

are u serious? Im one of the biggest Axl supporters on the board but he isnt some precious angel who does no wrong.

like naupis said, outside a clerical error, he has some serious explaining to do, Axl is to smart to pull that "I didnt know" routine.

Until I hear his side of the story, goin by the overwhelming evidence, it seems like he is trying to fuck over his former bandmates and I dont care if it were my mother, that shit aint cool.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 08:36:59 PM »

I love Axl more than anyone but lets dont act like he is a genuine innocent nice guy cause honestly he isnt.

Exactly.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2005, 08:38:33 PM »

are u serious? Im one of the biggest Axl supporters on the board but he isnt some precious angel who does no wrong.

like naupis said, outside a clerical error, he has some serious explaining to do, Axl is to smart to pull that "I didnt know" routine.

Until I hear his side of the story, goin by the overwhelming evidence, it seems like he is trying to fuck over his former bandmates and I dont care if it were my mother, that shit aint cool.

The filing of a lawsuit isn't proof of anything.  Their checks could be late or there could be an error, who knows. But this 'overwhelming evidence' of which you speak is merely conjecture from one side of a dispute. Could this latest lawsuit be a strong arm tactic by S and D's lawyers to force a settlement from Axl in the first action? From my seat, this reeks of eleventh hour lawyering....

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
conny
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2005, 08:39:18 PM »

had they signed over publishing and royalties, the GNR checks wouldve stopped coming in the mid 90's and not now.

So they got their royalties as long as it was the same publishing deal. Now that there is a new one, things are a bit different - even for Axl, who does not have any publishing rights anymore, since he singed them over to Sanctuary, remember? Shareholder wise maybe he gets his share out of this (I'm sure he does), but officially he does not own the publishing rights anymore. Sanctuary (or a sub-company / label whatsoever) owns them and decides who gets a share out of them.

Here's the money chain:

1.) Writer -> Publisher -> Royalties

2.) Royalties -> Publisher -> Writer

Only the writer / author can sign away the publishing rights, that implies Axl must have owned 100% of the writing side or else he could not have signed over the publishing rights to Sanctuary.

Wich leads us to Slash and Duff, who WROTE GN'R MATERIAL AND ARE CREDITED AS THE WRITERS / AUTHORS, but probably signed away their publishing rights along with the name. They'd still be the legit writers / authors and no one in his right mind would say there are not, but IF they signed over the PUBLISHNG rights, the money MIGHT be gone.

Put simple, it depends on the publishing deal - but that's inside info I don't have.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2005, 08:40:58 PM »

All I know is that trials are soul-destroying for Axl. It won't help the process of Chinese Democracy. I hope these guys just do it to claim what they actually should deserve or else I guess they enjoy to block Axl. Angry
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »

had they signed over publishing and royalties, the GNR checks wouldve stopped coming in the mid 90's and not now.

So they got their royalties as long as it was the same publishing deal. Now that there is a new one, things are a bit different - even for Axl, who does not have any publishing rights anymore, since he singed them over to Sanctuary, remember? Shareholder wise maybe he gets his share out of this (I'm sure he does), but officially he does not own the publishing rights anymore. Sanctuary (or a sub-company / label whatsoever) owns them and decides who gets a share out of them.

Here's the money chain:

Only the writer / author can sign away the publishing rights, that implies Axl must have owned 100% of the writing side or else he could not have signed over the publishing rights to Sanctuary.

Wich leads us to Slash and Duff, who WROTE GN'R MATERIAL AND ARE CREDITED AS THE WRITERS / AUTHORS, but probably signed away their publishing rights along with the name. They'd still be the legit writers / authors and no one in his right mind would say there are not, but IF they signed over the PUBLISHNG rights, the money MIGHT be gone.

Put simple, it depends on the publishing deal - but that's inside info I don't have.

I think S and D are suing because axl moved the publishing arm without their knowledge and tried to cover it up.

Dust N Rose
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2005, 08:45:14 PM »

Here's the money chain:

I think S and D are suing because axl moved the publishing arm without their knowledge and tried to cover it up.

I think if they were aware they would still sue. I'm sure that Axl would inform them if he knew they would be pleasant if they were enlightened. Impossible huh?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2005, 08:45:28 PM »

Axl would have pulled this move a loooooong time ago if he had a way to legally take their royalty checks away from them. That is the way he is.

That's why I feel reasonably comfortable in assuming that short of a clerical error, it will most likely be found that at some point Axl acted in a way not consistent with his legal abilities in regards to the partnership.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2005, 08:47:52 PM »

Axl would have pulled this move a loooooong time ago if he had a way to legally take their royalty checks away from them. That is the way he is.

That's why I feel reasonably comfortable in assuming that short of a clerical error, it will most likely be found that at some point Axl acted in a way not consistent with his legal abilities in regards to the partnership.

And you know the guy personally right? Oh yeah your just ASSUMING based on what 2 guys say and those guys have been totally incinsistant in their stories for years. One of them even has to be reminded of what happened in the 90's.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2005, 08:51:34 PM »

Why does it seem that Duff and Slash never have a clue about what is going on in regards to these things.  It is always Axl's fault.  I am not saying that they aren't right in this case, but they don't seem to take responsibility for anything.

As far as Izzy getting involved I think the chances are zero to less than zero.  This is one of the reasons he left Guns.  He wanted to get away from the circus.  Why do you think he stays out of the spotlight.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2005, 08:51:55 PM »

Their checks could be late or there could be an error, who knows.

I strongly doubt that they filed a federal lawsuit without checking that stuff out first. ?

Just like with the current lawsuit, I think its unwise to judge something of this nature. ?None of know nearly enough details...However I will say this: Judging by the Adler case, Axls power moves with Slash and Duff over the name, the current lawsuit, and his dubious move with Black Hawk Down, its very possiblt that this suit has merit.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2005, 08:53:21 PM »

those guys have been totally incinsistant in their stories for years.

Please list examples.  The more, the better.  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2005, 08:56:32 PM »

After all this time I Have been on the board, i still get amused on how far people will go to support Axl.

Conny: First of all, Axl has no right to move the publishing, that's the first complaint, ?he owns the name GNR but just the name, the catalogue didnt come with the name.

2nd as Ive posted 3 times now, If Slash and Duff had signed away their publishing with the name, they wouldve stopped receiving money 10 years ago, not just now after Axl signed it to Sanctuary.

and to answer u killingVector, Duff and Slash didnt receive their FIRST QUARTER checks

First quarter is January,February and March

so u are telling me the mail is 3 months late?

VR were on tour, they didnt have time for a lawsuit but now their tour is winding down, they went ahead and filed it because it wont interfere with VR business.

How can anyone call themself a GNR fan but yet support the original members (who had an enormous role in creating what GNR was) getting fucked out of what is rightfully owed to them.

It doesnt make sense.

Im ?one of the biggest Axl nuttswingers in the history of the world but that doesnt change the contributions of the original band and it doesnt change what is right and wrong.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2005, 08:56:43 PM »

Their checks could be late or there could be an error, who knows.

I strongly doubt that they filed a federal lawsuit without checking that stuff out first. 

Just like with the current lawsuit, I think its unwise to judge something of this nature.  None of know nearly enough details...However I will say this: Judging by the Adler case, Axls power moves with Slash and Duff over the name, the current lawsuit, and his dubious move with Black Hawk Down, its very possiblt that this suit has merit.

You would be surprised how lawyers manipulate the system. If a judge won't look at this case until after the November trial, the accusations could be used to strong arm axl in the original case, or at least make him look like someone with a penchant for defrauding his partners.

I haven't made any judgements about these cases. I have only read the brief from one side over one accusation. I would love to read the counterarguments from axl's side.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2005, 08:57:58 PM »

This is be fixed without going to court. Axl just has to make sure Slash and Duff get their checks. Just say it was an oversite. That simple.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2005, 08:59:38 PM »

And you know the guy personally right?

No. I am just basing that on his actions through out the past. When he has had an opportunity to stick it to them, he has. If he had a legit way to take away their royalty checks, he would have undoubtedly done so within the past 10 years.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2005, 09:01:07 PM »

After all this time I Have been on the board, i still get amused on how far people will go to support Axl.

and to answer u killingVector, Duff and Slash didnt receive their FIRST QUARTER checks

First quarter is January,February and March

so u are telling me the mail is 3 months late?

VR were on tour, they didnt have time for a lawsuit but now their tour is winding down, they went ahead and filed it because it wont interfere with VR business.

How can anyone call themself a GNR fan but yet support the original members (who had an enormous role in creating what GNR was) getting fucked out of what is rightfully owed to them.

It doesnt make sense.

Im  one of the biggest Axl nuttswingers in the history of the world but that doesnt change the contributions of the original band and it doesnt change what is right and wrong.

All I can say is that the Financial Aid Department at the University of Connecticut was overhauled one summer and I received my summer financial aid supportthe following October, almost five months late. It happens especially when the handlers change.

I can't rule out the possibility but neither can you. Avoid judgments.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: