Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 84732 times)
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2005, 08:48:44 PM »

You guys complaining that Axl never does any fingerpointing seem to have forgotten his habitual bitching during the most recent shows. Did you forget Rio? Did you forget the 'Dive in and find the monkey' press release? How about today's press release?

That the other guys file lawsuits, as opposed to Axl going through the fans and media releases, shouldn't obscure the basic fact that Axl pisses on the other guys, and they, in turn, piss on him.

The only one relatively above the fray is Izzy. As usual.

I've seen enough.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2005, 09:00:26 PM »

You guys complaining that Axl never does any fingerpointing seem to have forgotten his habitual bitching during the most recent shows. Did you forget Rio? Did you forget the 'Dive in and find the monkey' press release? How about today's press release?

That the other guys file lawsuits, as opposed to Axl going through the fans and media releases, shouldn't obscure the basic fact that Axl pisses on the other guys, and they, in turn, piss on him.

The only one relatively above the fray is Izzy. As usual.

You need a reality check. Axl rarely talks about the old members. Sure he did it at rio and duringt the 2002 tour but that was after remaining silent since 1996 about them while Duff and Slash were talking shit about Axl ever since they left guns  n roses.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2005, 09:17:33 PM »

Why didn't Botaxl, or his yesmen, call S&D when they realised the money had been improperly sent? Someone please tell me this.
Botax is you so why do you ask?  Roll Eyes you better think for yourself.

The reason that the publishing company didn't bother S n D with such a trifle is no brainer.
They weren't filing a suit against S n D.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2005, 09:20:42 PM »

I really can't understand why people always feel the need to take sides, I'm an axl fan as much as I am a S&D fan. But I really do think that there are way too much Axl buttkissers on this board, For crying out loud even axl can do something wrong people, (I'm not implying that he did anyhing wrong in this case) I just needed to get that of my chest Grin

That's funny, it seems as though for every pro Axl argument, we get a pro Slash and Duff rebuttle.

Well maybe to a simpleton like yourself. What you & your ilk don't seem to understand is that what all us so called pro slash/duff people have been saying over & over for years now is that GnR was a real group effort, the sum was greater than the parts, you will never see a duff/slash fan diminish axl's contribution to their success like the Axl people have, for the most part year after year on this forum. And don't even attempt to deny it, anyone with even a whit of reason know's it's been the case forever around here. You want to be a big axl fan great, knock yourself out, just don't demean the talents & contributions of those who had just as much input as he did in making them what they were.

And then this lawyer makes this statement, as if what he says is the be all & end all,? & all these Axl people's chests get all puffy & they start strutting around & braying on & on about how this somehow proves their point or validates all the weird anger & hatred they hold towards the old members, as if 14 years & counting of nothing from axl is somehow their fault, & not their hero Axl's. Ever heard of projection?

Ahh whatever

Huh I sure as hell wasn't demeaning any talent's and contributions that Duff and Slash had on GNR. ?My point was that Duff and Slash seem to attack Axl every chance they get, and you Duff and Slash lovers attacked me. ?Did I deserve that? confused

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2005, 09:33:54 PM »

]Because you dont see Axl or his legal team constantly attacking Slash and Company in the public with their legal problems....

(Sigh)

Weve been through this a million times...In the few interviews (or rants) hes given, Axls attacked the ex-members more harshly than theyve ever attacked him. ?Hes called them liars, former employees and told them to "suck [his] dick." ?Come on...

As for his legal team attacking Slash and Duff... Huh ?Have you read the last couple of pages? ?Thats not exactly taking the high road. ?

This isnt about the breakup; thats a naieve and simple-minded notion. ?This is about failure to cooperate with the business of GNRs music. ?The most ridiculous thing for anybody to say about Slash and Duff is that they havent moved on. ?

Everytime they mention Axl in public, its always negative.

Roll Eyes

If you want me to start listing Axls quotes, I certainly could. ?But I know that you already know whats been said, so lets be honest about this. ?The truth is that Slash and Duff have given Axl plenty of praise and credit. ?The consensus among them (and nearly everybody else) is that hes extremely hard to deal with. ?To my knowledge, theyve never implied that hes out to get them, or told him to suck their dicks. ?

Slash and Duff are constantly in the news attacking Axl. ?

Again, lets be honest about this stuff. ?Theyve been in the news "attacking" Axl twice: once this year and once last year. ?And these "attacks" are actually lawsuits to settle legal matters. ?So the simple-minded rhetoric isnt helping anybody. ?

You need a reality check. Axl rarely talks about the old members. Sure he did it at rio and duringt the 2002 tour but that was after remaining silent since 1996 about them while Duff and Slash were talking shit about Axl ever since they left guns ?n roses.

hihi

Hes done it in virtually every interview hes conducted, on multiple dates from that short-lived tour, in two press releases...And just like the numerous lies you listed in the other thread, perhaps you can provide some examples of this "shit-talking" you detest so much?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2005, 09:36:40 PM »

Booker you really dont make yourself look good when you claim slash and duff dont talk shit about Axl and have not over the past 10 years. I am not even going to quote, just go read their interviews its all there.

Btw this past law suit makes Slash and Duff look REALLY bad and could piss off the courts for not looking into it before suing. Axl really comes out smelling like roses after this.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2005, 10:17:32 PM »

I really can't understand why people always feel the need to take sides, I'm an axl fan as much as I am a S&D fan. But I really do think that there are way too much Axl buttkissers on this board, For crying out loud even axl can do something wrong people, (I'm not implying that he did anyhing wrong in this case) I just needed to get that of my chest Grin

That's funny, it seems as though for every pro Axl argument, we get a pro Slash and Duff rebuttle.

Well maybe to a simpleton like yourself. What you & your ilk don't seem to understand is that what all us so called pro slash/duff people have been saying over & over for years now is that GnR was a real group effort, the sum was greater than the parts, you will never see a duff/slash fan diminish axl's contribution to their success like the Axl people have, for the most part year after year on this forum. And don't even attempt to deny it, anyone with even a whit of reason know's it's been the case forever around here. You want to be a big axl fan great, knock yourself out, just don't demean the talents & contributions of those who had just as much input as he did in making them what they were.

And then this lawyer makes this statement, as if what he says is the be all & end all,? & all these Axl people's chests get all puffy & they start strutting around & braying on & on about how this somehow proves their point or validates all the weird anger & hatred they hold towards the old members, as if 14 years & counting of nothing from axl is somehow their fault, & not their hero Axl's. Ever heard of projection?

Ahh whatever

Huh I sure as hell wasn't demeaning any talent's and contributions that Duff and Slash had on GNR. ?My point was that Duff and Slash seem to attack Axl every chance they get, and you Duff and Slash lovers attacked me. ?Did I deserve that? confused

You're right, man, you didn't deserve it. . I was just venting my frustrations on some of the shit I was reading, & I just lumped you in with them. My apologies.
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2005, 10:48:52 PM »

On these trial of Slash and Duff against Axl, Like one guy said there's only one truth, not sidelines. Let's say Slash and Duff are right, then I think that Axl is deep sh!t.
However, if Axl is right, what then? People say that they would come to an agreement quickly. But I would ask you, what agreement? An agreement that Axl's name has been tarnished  by these sue. And you would say when did they do that?

.....Rose's actions were malicious, fraudulent and oppressive, and undertaken in conscious disregard of [Slash and Duff's] property rights," the lawsuit reads. They're seeking damages for fraud, copyright infringement and breach of fiduciary duty, among other things.........

I hope if Axl is right ,he let it pass. But I would tell you if it was me I would sue them for defamation of my name and persona.  peace
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2005, 10:54:57 PM »

If Weitzman is correct, $&D need some serious help. Not only is this sloppy lawyering on their behalf but the statement that followed the filing was slanderous and  untrue. I really hope a judge tosses this nonsense out and teaches these two not to jump to baseless conclusions and make fools of themselves, because right now their behavior appears foolish and vindicative. I really hope they find some peace with themselves in the future; obviously they have issues with losing the name.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2005, 11:16:52 PM »

Weve been through this a million times...In the few interviews (or rants) hes given, Axls attacked the ex-members more harshly than theyve ever attacked him.  Hes called them liars, former employees and told them to "suck [his] dick."  Come on...
Hes telling how he feels about them. I dont seem him saying any of that in press releases. Slash and Duff are accusing him of stealing money and doing it in publiuc. Why not do it behind the scenes until you have the backing of the court with you allegations.
Lets see if they are man enough{if found wrong} to issue an apology to Axl.

The most ridiculous thing for anybody to say about Slash and Duff is that they havent moved on. 
They obiviosly havnt. By them keep throwing digs and making accusations that might turn out to be untru they keep wanting to remind the public of the old gnr situation and how they are the victims.Hence they dont wanna move to far away from that.

To my knowledge, theyve never implied that hes out to get them, or told him to suck their dicks. 
Well obiviously there out to get Axl. Thats why Axl says shit like that. This whole lawsuit proves that.
As for the name calling...is it the right thing to do? of course not. But thats how teh guy feels towards them. He feels they are lieing to the public. Whether thats all tru or not who knows. Im sure theres truth to it. As is theres truth to what S &D might say about Axl. It goes bopth ways.
The only problem is Axl has decided to keep it to himself for the most part and the good ol boys seem to rehash it every now and then...yea i know how can they avoid it if they are always asked about it...

I highly doubt you will find an Axl quote bashing Slash and company for their contributions. Whether he calls them out on different things is another thing. And is not the same. A handful of SHORT rants by Axl standards is nothing compared to the countless times we have heard Slash and Duff speak about the subject.

Do you honestly think Axl is trying or tries to get the fans to hate Slash? Do you think he wants them to think that all of old gnr was only him?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2005, 11:24:24 PM »

I highly doubt you will find an Axl quote bashing Slash and company for their contributions. Whether he calls them out on different things is another thing. And is not the same. A handful of SHORT rants by Axl standards is nothing compared to the countless times we have heard Slash and Duff speak about the subject.

You're yet to provide the quote I requested where Slash and Duff slam Axls ability as a frontman/singer/songwriter.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2005, 11:29:10 PM »

You're yet to provide the quote I requested where Slash and Duff slam Axls ability as a frontman/singer/songwriter.

as soon as u provide me the quote in which i said that Slash and Company slam Axls musical ability

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2005, 12:23:32 AM »

Weve been through this a million times...In the few interviews (or rants) hes given, Axls attacked the ex-members more harshly than theyve ever attacked him.? Hes called them liars, former employees and told them to "suck [his] dick."? Come on...
Hes telling how he feels about them. I dont seem him saying any of that in press releases. Slash and Duff are accusing him of stealing money and doing it in publiuc. Why not do it behind the scenes until you have the backing of the court with you allegations.
Lets see if they are man enough{if found wrong} to issue an apology to Axl.

The most ridiculous thing for anybody to say about Slash and Duff is that they havent moved on.?
They obiviosly havnt. By them keep throwing digs and making accusations that might turn out to be untru they keep wanting to remind the public of the old gnr situation and how they are the victims.Hence they dont wanna move to far away from that.

To my knowledge, theyve never implied that hes out to get them, or told him to suck their dicks.?
Well obiviously there out to get Axl. Thats why Axl says shit like that. This whole lawsuit proves that.
As for the name calling...is it the right thing to do? of course not. But thats how teh guy feels towards them. He feels they are lieing to the public. Whether thats all tru or not who knows. Im sure theres truth to it. As is theres truth to what S &D might say about Axl. It goes bopth ways.
The only problem is Axl has decided to keep it to himself for the most part and the good ol boys seem to rehash it every now and then...yea i know how can they avoid it if they are always asked about it...

Do you honestly think Axl is trying or tries to get the fans to hate Slash? Do you think he wants them to think that all of old gnr was only him?

i understand why you would get defensive about someone criticizing axl's music or songwriting abilities, but why take it so personally when they say something bad about his personality? i mean, do you know him? is he a personal friend? would he stick up for you if someone said something bad? is anyone in this thread actually going to change someone else's opinions on this matter just by repeating the same stuff over and over and over?

let me summarize the last few pages here:

crazy fan #1: "axl is an asshole"
crazy fan #2: "no, slash and duff are assholes"
[repeat ad nauseum]

i really dont get why some people get so defensive. look, neither axl nor slash nor duff are perfect people. hell, does anyone remember the accusations against axl in his divorce proceedings? jesus christ the man is not a saint. everyone knows this. who cares. why try to protect his image? that's his responsibilty if he so chooses, not yours. slash and duff are out to get axl? how can you make such a blanket statement like that with a straight face? for all you know, maybe they got some wrong information from their lawyers, who knows? i doubt slash and duff personally drafted their court complaint themselves.

people have every right to comment on their music, because ultimately that's why we're all here, but leave the personal stuff aside. you don't know them, and they don't know you.

seriosly, this thread sounds like a frickin soap opera...

sorry, had to get that off my chest.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:27:42 AM by AxlGunner » Logged

now you know me better
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2005, 12:33:20 AM »

Booker you really dont make yourself look good when you claim slash and duff dont talk shit about Axl and have not over the past 10 years. I am not even going to quote, just go read their interviews its all there.

Btw this past law suit makes Slash and Duff look REALLY bad and could piss off the courts for not looking into it before suing. Axl really comes out smelling like roses after this.

DaveGnR2K99 - let's be realistic, both sides have talked about the other one. And let's also be realistic - you've never heard anyone say Slash or Duff or Matt or Izzy were hard to work with. You've heard DOZENS of people, from producers to musicians to ex-wives say that Axl was difficult to be around.  As for making S&D look bad... Huh?  We've heard two sides and each believes they are right. We don't know the truth at all. 

What we do know, for a FACT, is that over the last 10 years, Axl has released no new music, cancelled a tour that sold poorly, no-showed from two shows, caused 2 riots, shown up late for most of his concerts, released no new videos, albums, singles, never updated his website, gone through DOZENS of musicians and producers, been a complete recluse, shot himself up with botox, gotten cornrows, and gained a lot of weight... and then you say something "makes Slash and Duff look REALLY bad"Huh LOL.

"It'll be out by 2009"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #294 on: August 30, 2005, 01:03:41 AM »

as soon as u provide me the quote in which i said that Slash and Company slam Axls musical ability

er... I did already? Huh

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2005, 01:58:10 AM »

DaveGnR2K99 - let's be realistic, both sides have talked about the other one. And let's also be realistic - you've never heard anyone say Slash or Duff or Matt or Izzy were hard to work with. You've heard DOZENS of people, from producers to musicians to ex-wives say that Axl was difficult to be around.  As for making S&D look bad... Huh?  We've heard two sides and each believes they are right. We don't know the truth at all. 

What we do know, for a FACT, is that over the last 10 years, Axl has released no new music, cancelled a tour that sold poorly, no-showed from two shows, caused 2 riots, shown up late for most of his concerts, released no new videos, albums, singles, never updated his website, gone through DOZENS of musicians and producers, been a complete recluse, shot himself up with botox, gotten cornrows, and gained a lot of weight... and then you say something "makes Slash and Duff look REALLY bad"Huh LOL.

I dunno but I think you toally have no clue about anything that is real or false.

"gone through DOZENS of musicians"..........hmmmmm now thts alot . damn that well be over 48. Maybe  math isnt a good subject for you.

"cancelled a tour that sold poorly, no-showed from two shows, caused 2 riots"........... now as for the vancouver show , it was the venue that cannceled it, everyone was ready to play. do some research, and philly. well there isnt anyone here can say difinitly what happened , cause no one has said shit, other than the rumours you chose to believe.

"shot himself up with botox"......now that was stupid.who give a fuck.

Just another day in this drama,.and who wants what.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2005, 05:24:56 AM »

I knew someone from Axl's camp would set this right  ok

I dont think its possible for me to lose more respect for those 2 greedy assclowns that are doing everything they possibly can to keep Axl, and the GNR Name down  no

but its true, look how sue happy they have been ever since Axl came back in the public spotlight in 2002 for a brief period.  fuck those assholes.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2005, 06:35:42 AM »

Slash is a liar, it's been proven over the years. and duff is his bitch.

Fuck'em both, if only they knew how to make a decent album, then maybe I would overlook the fact that they are idiots.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2005, 07:11:41 AM »

Slash is a liar, it's been proven over the years. and duff is his bitch.

Fuck'em both, if only they knew how to make a decent album, then maybe I would overlook the fact that they are idiots.

I kindly refer you to this subject to back up your statements since no has done so in that thread

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=22251.0
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2005, 08:08:45 AM »

DaveGnR2K99 - let's be realistic, both sides have talked about the other one. And let's also be realistic - you've never heard anyone say Slash or Duff or Matt or Izzy were hard to work with. You've heard DOZENS of people, from producers to musicians to ex-wives say that Axl was difficult to be around.? As for making S&D look bad... Huh?? We've heard two sides and each believes they are right. We don't know the truth at all.?

Wow SIG you also need a reality check and learn your gnr history. First off, you never heard anyone say that Slash was hard to work with? Did you ever hear Josh Todd talk about working with Slash? If not you really should go look it up, he said pretty much what Axl always said about him. Everytime something seemed to be a little differnt but worked Slash would nix it and say it doesnt work. So there is one strike against you.

You claim this producers have said that Axl is hard to be around? That is funny since most of them said how nice and professional Axl is to work for.  Just look at what people like Brian May to Josh Freese has said about him.  You never heard them say a bad thing about Axl. The only thing you could call negative that they would say about him is he is taking too long with this album and is a perfectionist is more than I can say for Slash and Duff who just like to half ass their songs and call it an album. The only reason that slash and duff did not like working with Axl is because he wanted them to  be clean and he would not stand for anything less than their best. Its too bad they where not willing to give it thus one of the reasons they left the band.

As for ex wives, um they are ex wives, you take anyones exs that had a bad break up and they are not going to talk nice about them, that is why the are an ex. So that is two strikes against  you.

Now you claim that Axls tour sold poorly, thats funny since they sold more tix than Vr did. I guess selling out places in bigger venues like NYC, boston and Philly is not good right? The places that were only half full were the boonies so of coarse they are not going to sell out, plus there was no promotion or album for the tour yet they still out tons of tickets.

As for the two no shows the first was explained because of plane trouble, of coarse you failed to mention that, as for Philly that was never explained by Axl or Clear Channel for that matter.  As for Axl causing the riots again you need a reality check,Axl did not cause the riots the idiot fans caused the riot.  I have gone to cancelled shows before and there has NEVER been a riot. Its just stupid gnr fans who think its cool to break stuff when a show gets cancelled.  You want to talk about cancelled shows VR cancelled a bunch of shows too, but of coarse you wont mention that.

As for axl gaining weight,  and his hair. And you point of that is? You do know that when people get old their gain weight right? axl was far from fat but of coarse people like you just look at the pics where he is exhauling yet ignore the pics where he looks fine like the HOB pic when he has the six pack.

That is strike three probaly strike six, but nice try booker. Its really sad you could not even stick to the topic. You did  not mention the law suit once which is typical for  you. Go back to the gnr board and ruin that one with your trying to bring threads off topic but please atleast be honest and give all the facts and stop leaving out key info that you are so known for.

There is a reason you did not mention the law suit in your long boring, tired post. Its because you know slash and duff are 100% wrong and they look like asses they could not make a phone call to Axl and see why they did not get their checks. They did not even have to make it, their lawyer could have. But this once again shows that Slash and Duff cant get over being out of guns n roses. They really should move on because this is getting old.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: