Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:38:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 84727 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2005, 04:32:43 PM »

there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success.

Yep, Izzy Stradlin.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2005, 04:49:24 PM »

The only reason in my opinion that alot of people want to blame axl for this is because he doesnt go to the press or do some kind of interview like slash or duff does he keeps quiet and does what he has to do he doesnt feel the need to go to the press everytime theres something written about him or the old group its never been axls style to to do a whole lot of press even back in there hey day you would have an axl interview here and there he lets his music do the talking no matter how long it takes for it to come out. 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2005, 04:51:22 PM »

Duff and Slash just need to give it up already.  I obviously don't know all the truth, but it seems like the only one over the breakup is Axl.  Just worry about VR and leave Axl alone.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2005, 05:37:10 PM »

but it seems like the only one over the breakup is Axl.? Just worry about VR and leave Axl alone.

What does "the breakup" have to do with this, and how does it seem that Axl is any more over it than anybody else?
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2005, 05:46:02 PM »

I like the response axl gave. Seems truthful and they did get there money back. So it seems to me Slash and Duff are the cockfuckers.  Go AXL,  by the way there would be no Slash and duff. If it werent for AXL.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2005, 05:51:11 PM »

W standard, Booker? hihi

I think the lawyers last sentence should really say," but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's DEMISE!"  peace

Paul Tobias?  Huh

Hey why Axl's lawyer should imply him in that case? hihi

C C?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2005, 05:57:12 PM »

well, what a surprise.

yet another statement that castes Axl as the innocent victim being set upon by vidictive and greedy sychophants whose sole purpose in life is to tarnish his name, destroy his reputation in public and bring him down.

Furthermore, it's not Axl who has alienated his fans through releasing no material, cancelling gigs(or just not showing up), attacking past members and discrediting them for creating music that is special to GNR fans,not having a workable website with updates - in fact not communicating with his fans whatsoever other than issuing innane, self-pitying, paranoid rambles from time to time - no it's not Axl thats done the alienating, it's Slash and Duff! Thanks for enlightening me on that point there, it could easily be misunderstood by fans - we could perhaps have been swayed by the greedy talent-free-zone sycophants otherwise known as Slash and Duff!! Undecided

« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 05:59:33 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2005, 06:03:07 PM »

Good point, Jimmy. But since it was just a misunderstanding, hopefully both sides can 'move on'. At least until November. Cheesy

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2005, 06:05:49 PM »

What does "the breakup" have to do with this, and how does it seem that Axl is any more over it than anybody else?
Because you dont see Axl or his legal team constantly attacking Slash and Company in the public with their legal problems....
"Suffering an apparent attack of arrogance and ego...Rose's actions were malicious, fraudulent and oppressive, and undertaken in conscious disregard of [Slash and Duff's] property rights

Everytime they mention Axl in public, its always negative. Usually has to do with the whole band name situation. They are trying to divide the fan base and make it seem like Axl is a selfish greedy mofo. Why not just do all that behind the scenes. And then if proven in court come out with it in public and say that in fact Axl was indeed a greedy, selfish mofo because...and u proceed to say why and have proof.

and for those wondering about this comment...
there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success.

read Sauls response.

Furthermore, it's not Axl who has alienated his fans through releasing no material, cancelling gigs(or just not showing up), attacking past members and discrediting them for creating music that is special to GNR fans,not having a workable website with updates - in fact not communicating with his fans whatsoever other than issuing innane, self-pitying, paranoid rambles from time to time - no it's not Axl thats done the alienating, it's Slash and Duff! Thanks for enlightening me on that point there, it could easily be misunderstood by fans - we could perhaps have been swayed by the greedy talent-free-zone sycophants ?otherwise known as Slash and Duff

Say what you want about the lack of new material and new info....but when has Axl attacked the old band and their contributions? Just because Axl thinks they are liars and are pussies doesnt mean hes discrediting their services. Thats how ?he feels about them and their actions not their music. I have never heard him diss Slash about his guitar worl
Work Ethic and "vision" or philosophy is a completely different matter.

And Im sure as hell happy we have songs like Estranged,NR,Patience, Loco,Madagascar,Etc.....otherwise well....we have another run of the mill rock band

« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 06:08:44 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2005, 06:25:30 PM »

Because you dont see Axl or his legal team constantly attacking Slash and Company in the public with their legal problems....
"Suffering an apparent attack of arrogance and ego...Rose's actions were malicious, fraudulent and oppressive, and undertaken in conscious disregard of [Slash and Duff's] property rights

Everytime they mention Axl in public, its always negative. Usually has to do with the whole band name situation. They are trying to divide the fan base and make it seem like Axl is a selfish greedy mofo. Why not just do all that behind the scenes. And then if proven in court come out with it in public and say that in fact Axl was indeed a greedy, selfish mofo because...and u proceed to say why and have proof.

and for those wondering about this comment...

read Sauls response.

Furthermore, it's not Axl who has alienated his fans through releasing no material, cancelling gigs(or just not showing up), attacking past members and discrediting them for creating music that is special to GNR fans,not having a workable website with updates - in fact not communicating with his fans whatsoever other than issuing innane, self-pitying, paranoid rambles from time to time - no it's not Axl thats done the alienating, it's Slash and Duff! Thanks for enlightening me on that point there, it could easily be misunderstood by fans - we could perhaps have been swayed by the greedy talent-free-zone sycophants ?otherwise known as Slash and Duff

Say what you want about the lack of new material and new info....but when has Axl attacked the old band and their contributions? Just because Axl thinks they are liars and are pussies doesnt mean hes discrediting their services. Thats how ?he feels about them and their actions not their music. I have never heard him diss Slash about his guitar worl
Work Ethic and "vision" or philosophy is a completely different matter.

And Im sure as hell happy we have songs like Estranged,NR,Patience, Loco,Madagascar,Etc.....otherwise well....we have another run of the mill rock band

Youngunner, that is exactly how I was going to respond to Booker Floyd's question.  Slash and Duff are constantly in the news attacking Axl.  Get on with your lives.  For all we know, Axl may not even be over it, but he sure as hell isn't in the news every couple of months attacking the old members.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2005, 06:27:43 PM »

Everytime they mention Axl in public, its always negative. Usually has to do with the whole band name situation. They are trying to divide the fan base and make it seem like Axl is a selfish greedy mofo.

I dont agree there. They lavish praise on his talents as a frontman and songwriter. I don't need to provide examples. Yes, they criticise him for things like marginalising them and dismantling the rock band they created - most would say they are quite entitled to that.

and for those wondering about this comment

this just shows his rampant unchecked ego in full force yet again. Sure he was the main creative force behind the earnest, indulgant, Elton John-esque piano ballads- no argument there (although Slashs soaring guitar on those pieces are what sends them into the stratosphere), but as far as what most people would define as the GNR "sound, he was very much and equal provider along with Slash, Izzy and to lesser extent Duff, Matt and Steven.

[/quote

This last statement is very telling - not one mention of an AFD song, you know the one - widely considered one of the greatest rock n roll albums ever. But I suppose you think Axl siglehandedly provided the creative catalyst for that as well huh?

Patience is an Izzy song too btw
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 06:30:23 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #271 on: August 29, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »

They lavish praise on his talents as a frontman and songwriter. I don't need to provide examples. Yes, they criticise him for things like marginalising them and dismantling the rock band they created - most would say they are quite entitled to that.

lol are you serious. When does Slash and Duff go out of there way to praise Axl? They respond when asked about Axl contributions. Afterall, Axl is brought up in almost every interview....
They critisize way too many times. If Axl is scamming them fine, make it public...but only when you have proof in court. Why say it in public. Now you look like a bunch of retards. Do things liek that behind the scenes if your intentions are true. Then when you have the proof and the court on your side you may do as you wish in terms of telling the world.

(although Slashs soaring guitar on those pieces are what sends them into the stratosphere),
And whos challenging that?
This last statement is very telling - not one mention of an AFD song, you know the one - widely considered one of the greatest rock n roll albums ever. But I suppose you think Axl siglehandedly provided the creative catalyst for that as well huh?

I didnt mention AFD because they are all straight foward rock songs. Actually I should have mentioned SCOM. My point was that without Axl "making/encouraging" the band to do those types of songs we wouldnt have them. We would just have AFD. Which is obiviously cool and great but how many AFD do you really want.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2005, 06:47:42 PM »

Next thing u know whaxl's lawyers are going to blame Slash & Duff for shaving botaxl's eyebrows off & locking him in his hotel room & forcing him to watch the Lakers play in the finals instaed of going to the Philly show. I mean, besides the fact, that S&D have formed yet ANOTHER multi-platinum band, begun families, toured the world, gone to college, released multiple ablums, opened NYC bars, played Live8, etc., etc., etc......I guess one could say they have yet to move on from that band they quit a decade or so ago that has yet to do shit without them. They want their fucking money & they went about it the proper way one goes about money issues in this country. Why didn't Botaxl, or his yesmen, call S&D when they realised the money had been improperly sent? Someone please tell me this.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2005, 06:48:59 PM »

I really can't understand why people always feel the need to take sides, I'm an axl fan as much as I am a S&D fan. But I really do think that there are way too much Axl buttkissers on this board, For crying out loud even axl can do something wrong people, (I'm not implying that he did anyhing wrong in this case) I just needed to get that of my chest Grin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2005, 06:49:38 PM »

When I first stepped into this new GN'R world, without preliminary knowledge or prejudice beforehand (Thanks god I rarely read music magazines!), I was so shocked to discover that a portion of the media, the profession and even the self-styled "true" fans portray him as the nastiest selfish concern ever?which was far from the impression I got from his songs, his looks n expressions seen in the shows n such, and his interviews, that he's a talented and abnormally dedicated musician and an otherwise normal guy.
It seemed to me As if there were some one-sided negative campaign against Axl n the new band going on.

So the following bit rings a bell. Perhaps there is.

Weitzman further comments: "Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves.
However
I still can't believe S n D are the real ringleaders of the campaign.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2005, 07:16:35 PM »

They lavish praise on his talents as a frontman and songwriter. I don't need to provide examples. Yes, they criticise him for things like marginalising them and dismantling the rock band they created - most would say they are quite entitled to that.

lol are you serious. When does Slash and Duff go out of there way to praise Axl? They respond when asked about Axl contributions. Afterall, Axl is brought up in almost every interview....
They critisize way too many times. If Axl is scamming them fine, make it public...but only when you have proof in court. Why say it in public. Now you look like a bunch of retards. Do things liek that behind the scenes if your intentions are true. Then when you have the proof and the court on your side you may do as you wish in terms of telling the world.

(although Slashs soaring guitar on those pieces are what sends them into the stratosphere),
And whos challenging that?

I didnt mention AFD because they are all straight foward rock songs. Actually I should have mentioned SCOM. My point was that without Axl "making/encouraging" the band to do those types of songs we wouldnt have them. We would just have AFD. Which is obiviously cool and great but how many AFD do you really want.

Yeah im serious. Umm.. BTM music where Slash says the things that make him difficult to deal with are also what fuels the side of him that makes him such an amazing songwriter perhaps? Duff constantly wishing him the best and hoping he finds peace etc... There has never been any statement that I can think of that undermines Axls talent as a singer/songwriter/frontman. Please provide a quote (in context) if im wrong.
Yes, theyve called him out on treating the fans like shit, marginalising them to the point where they quit the band they held dear etc. etc..

As far as suing him over royalties - forgive me if im wrong - but that is the way fiscal matters are resolved in the US am I not right? Perhaps we should take a step back and see what and more specifically who it is that created this mess?And lets see what transpires in the months ahead because im sorry,? a clerical error sounds a tad too convinient to me - Botaxl made a good point of why they didnt contact them upon discovering said clerical error.

AFD was mentioned because the only example that you and people that support your argument use when stating that Axl was the main creative force is NR, Estranged etc... You fail to recognise that small era that most of the world fondly remembers, of AFD and Lies, otherwise known as GNRs golden era or heyday. And yes, Axl played a huge part in that, but it was very much a band that took the world by storm through those incredible albums, volatile live shows etc..
As I said in my last post, Axl was indeed the architect of the more bloated corners of the UYI era, but to most in the rationally thinking world at least, this was far removed from the explosive gang that shook the music world to its very foundations from 87-90
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 07:20:16 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2005, 07:21:41 PM »

Oh good, now we get to basically champion every word of Axl's response as if it is any more truthful than what we have heard from Slash and Duff so far. What is he going to say? "Yeah, I'm busted...those cocksuckers...."?

Until a judge hears the evidence and a verdict is reached no one knows. As the saying goes, there are three stories: Your side, My side, and the truth.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2005, 07:31:01 PM »

I really can't understand why people always feel the need to take sides, I'm an axl fan as much as I am a S&D fan. But I really do think that there are way too much Axl buttkissers on this board, For crying out loud even axl can do something wrong people, (I'm not implying that he did anyhing wrong in this case) I just needed to get that of my chest Grin

That's funny, it seems as though for every pro Axl argument, we get a pro Slash and Duff rebuttle.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2005, 07:56:10 PM »

That's funny, it seems as though for every pro Axl argument, we get a pro Slash and Duff rebuttle.

Well maybe to a simpleton like yourself. What you & your ilk don't seem to understand is that what all us so called pro slash/duff people have been saying over & over for years now is that GnR was a real group effort, the sum was greater than the parts, you will never see a duff/slash fan diminish axl's contribution to their success like the Axl people have, for the most part year after year on this forum. And don't even attempt to deny it, anyone with even a whit of reason know's it's been the case forever around here. You want to be a big axl fan great, knock yourself out, just don't demean the talents & contributions of those who had just as much input as he did in making them what they were.

And then this lawyer makes this statement, as if what he says is the be all & end all,? & all these Axl people's chests get all puffy & they start strutting around & braying on & on about how this somehow proves their point or validates all the weird anger & hatred they hold towards the old members, as if 14 years & counting of nothing from axl is somehow their fault, & not their hero Axl's. Ever heard of projection?

Ahh whatever
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2005, 08:03:29 PM »

but it seems like the only one over the breakup is Axl.? Just worry about VR and leave Axl alone.

exactly. The breakup has nothing to do with this and slash n' duff are attacking axl here, not vica versa...

i bet they'll get their money and we'll get s lame statement about how they should have approched this thing differently...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: