Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:48:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties  (Read 85205 times)
conny
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 06:47:31 PM »

Songwriting credits don't have anything to do with royalties. You can not sign away your writing credits (= copyright), but you can sign away your right on having a share on the royalties. Now if that's what Slash and Duff did when Axl took over the name, then they're fucked. I'm sure it must have something to do with that.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 06:48:01 PM »

Maybe they were on tour and forgot about their checks because they haven't been home in so long?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 06:52:43 PM »

Songwriting credits don't have anything to do with royalties. You can not sign away your writing credits (= copyright), but you can sign away your right on having a share on the royalties. Now if that's what Slash and Duff did when Axl took over the name, then they're fucked. I'm sure it must have something to do with that.

It seems as though they'd been receiving royalty checks up to now, didn't the signing over of the name to Axl take place years ago?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2005, 06:56:15 PM »

ya, 1992 they signed them over. 
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2005, 07:01:36 PM »

Could anyone give any insight on what the hell is this Black Frog Kobalt music thing? It's the first time I've ever heard of those...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2005, 07:05:12 PM »

is it really important? could it delay Chinese Democracy yes ou no?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2005, 07:06:47 PM »

This must be a screw up, Axl would not be this stupid and pull this stunt with the other court case hanging over his head in a few months, UNLESS axl has proof that Duff and Slash signed away their royalty rights, but I dont think that happened.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005, 07:08:19 PM »

is it really important? could it delay Chinese Democracy yes ou no?

I would tend to say yes, any kind of legal wrangling tends to clog the wheels of progress.

Just speculating of course.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »

Yes but they would have known before now that they were gonna get checks. I mean the check was suppose to be for the first 3 months of 2005, so they should have known by May that they weren't gonna get anything, so why wait till almost the end of Aughust to file a lawsuit.....
Well firstly, they wouldn't normally get 1st quarter money before late May early June anyway, and so they wouldn't have noticed until maybe mid-June that the cheques hadn't arrived. Secondly, things move slowly in the law,and it takes time to finetune what you're saying when filing a lawsuit. These things take a while to draft, and they've been touring over the summer so they probably haven't had the opportunity to spend much time with a lawyer.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2005, 07:59:49 PM »

this is pretty god damn fucked up, and the timing is just great too, no cd this year, i'll bet my fucking guitar on that...

and i wonder who's the fucking motherfucking stupid fucked up asshole who's cousing this, Ax or S n' D... i mean it has to be one of the parts....

1. Axl does this so he can delay CD with a good excuse...

or

2. Slash n' Duff does this because they won't let Axl do his thing....

thats my narrow view on the most fucked up news we've had in years...

god damn it.....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 08:11:40 PM »

Could anyone give any insight on what the hell is this Black Frog Kobalt music thing? It's the first time I've ever heard of those...

From the looks of it, Black Frogs a company owned by Axl to shuffle money in and out of.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2005, 08:14:42 PM »

Axl cant be defended on this one

whether he likes it or not, GNR's back catalogue was heavily contributed to by the former members and he has no right whatsoever to fuck them out of their money or to change publishing companies without their consent.

Slash and Duff will win this one easily and rightfully so, there is no way they'd sign over publishing

had they signed over publishing and royalties, the GNR checks wouldve stopped coming in the mid 90's and not now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:16:33 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2005, 08:16:41 PM »

until the whole gnr name/money issue is solved we wont see CD.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2005, 08:18:42 PM »

whether he likes it or not, GNR's back catalogue was heavily contributed to by the former members and he has no right whatsoever to fuck them out of their money or to change publishing companies without their consent.

Slash and Duff will win this one easily and rightfully so, there is no way they'd sign over publishing

had they signed over publishing and royalties, the GNR checks wouldve stopped coming in the mid 90's and not now.

We dont even knwo the whole story, were only hearing one side of it. For all anyone knows Axl might not have had anything to do with it since he did sign away his publishing rights to sanctuary. Maybe they were the ones who did it. Maybe this is just more bullshit frmo slash and duff. No one knows the truth, we only know one side of the story....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2005, 08:21:03 PM »

You are assuming Duff and Slash's accusations are credible. It could be possible the publishing company made a mistake and didnt' pay out appropriately. D and S are alledging that Axl maliciously hid the change of the publishing right from S and D and then knowingly took their money. He may owe them the royalties if they were deposited in his account but the question of punitive damages would reside with how much Axl knew what was going on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:25:46 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
MikeB
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2005, 08:22:25 PM »

You think Slash,Duff, and Axl would get tired of this, a reunion would eventually happen just to solve the problem?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 08:26:44 PM »

Axl needs to get wise to the fact that Slash/Duff aren't in a drug induced hase anymore the way they were when he used to pull stuff and they were oblivious too it.

Duff went to college, they got cleaned up, and obviously have real legal representation now that is opening their eyes a bit about things they maybe didn't take interest in before.

Axl will from here on out have to take into account that they are going to pursue every legality possible in terms of their ownership in anything GNR related. The autonomy he operated with in the past when they were drugged out and oblivious is not the reality of their life anymore. He is going to have to change his behavior accordingly to avoid being sued every 6 months for taking more liberties than he is allowed.

He creates these situations though, so he has no one to blame but himself if he is tired of being sued. He needs to buy them out and get them out of his life. This cycle is never going to end as long as he insists on using the name, and they have any stake in the dealings of the back catalog.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 08:28:04 PM »

You think Slash,Duff, and Axl would get tired of this, a reunion would eventually happen just to solve the problem?

There is a fraud allegation out there. I don't think a reunion will ever happen at this point even if Axl wants one.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 08:30:45 PM »

Axl knew what he was doing, seriously

some are assuming Duff and Slash signed away their publishing rights but they've been getting royatly payments up until this year, so they still have their rights or else the checks wouldve stopped as soon as they signed the name away to Axl.

It is possible that the new publishing company made an oversight and simply forgot to cut the checks but that seems a little too convenient for my tastes

I love Axl more than anyone but lets dont act like he is a genuine innocent nice guy cause honestly he isnt.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 08:31:23 PM »

He may owe them the royalties if they were deposited in his account but the question of punitive damages would reside with how much Axl knew what was going on.

The publishing company didn't change on it's own. So that will certainly fall on Axl, as he was the only one with any authority who could have made it happen.

Short of a clerical error on the part of the company, Axl is going to have a lot of explaining to do as this can be the doing of no one else involved but him.

You can also bet that this will be introduced as evidence into the other outstanding case in terms of malicious intent to defraud as it is begining to look more like a pattern than an isolated incident.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: