Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:20:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl in a past life- Aristide Bruant
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl in a past life- Aristide Bruant  (Read 3561 times)
Annie
« on: August 28, 2005, 09:31:27 AM »

As everyone here knows Axl is very interested in metaphysical things, and he has done past life regression. The other day I was at the Art Institute Of Chicago  to the see the Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit about the glory days of Paris in the 1880's with the Moulin Rouge. There was a poster that totally blew me away of a famous performer of the time who looks alot like Axl, (even my mother thinks so.) There was a small movie about Montmartre and the Moulin Rouge and I learned that this performer's name was Aristide Bruant. Aristide was described as a combative-singer-comedian-entrepreneur who was famous for wittily insulting and degrading his audiences to their great amusement. His customers were reguarly greeted as scoundrel, prostitute, sonofabitch and pig. They were warned, the sign at the doorsaid, " For people who like to be told off.!"  rant The painting of The Man in the Red Scarf REALLY looks like Axl. I just thought this was really cool! Cool
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 09:41:14 AM »

Well, its official: The GNR well has run dry. Axl, PLEASE fill the well back up! Cheesy

MikeB
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 10:39:40 AM »

The painting of The Man in the Red Scarf REALLY looks like Axl. I just thought this was really cool! Cool
uh...any pics?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 10:42:59 AM »

As everyone here knows Axl is very interested in metaphysical things, and he has done past life regression. The other day I was at the Art Institute Of Chicago  to the see the Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit about the glory days of Paris in the 1880's with the Moulin Rouge. There was a poster that totally blew me away of a famous performer of the time who looks alot like Axl, (even my mother thinks so.) There was a small movie about Montmartre and the Moulin Rouge and I learned that this performer's name was Aristide Bruant. Aristide was described as a combative-singer-comedian-entrepreneur who was famous for wittily insulting and degrading his audiences to their great amusement. His customers were reguarly greeted as scoundrel, prostitute, sonofabitch and pig. They were warned, the sign at the doorsaid, " For people who like to be told off.!"  rant The painting of The Man in the Red Scarf REALLY looks like Axl. I just thought this was really cool! Cool

i think i know what you're talking about.
i saw a exhibit on aristide bruant near montmarte last year, but i did not make the axl-compareason ...silly me Sad

Annie
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 11:00:02 AM »

check out www.lautrec.info
MikeB
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 11:11:47 AM »

Wow, he does look like Axl. Just picture him without the glasses(didn't he have those on?)the hat and scarf , but with the bandana. After seeing the image and reading the story ,I think Axl is a recarnation(did I spell that right) of this dude back in the 1880's. Awesome post, Annie. ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 12:14:12 PM »

I've seen this Lautrec poster so many times and never thought of this.
I didn't even know who this Aristide Bruant was.

I'm not convinced of Axl being a reincarnation of the guy yet but I think the comparison interesting.
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 02:16:06 PM »

That doesnt look like Axl..... Undecided
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 02:30:48 PM »

at least he's not the reincarnation of toulouse lautrec  Grin

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »

How does that look like AXL

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
MikeB
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 01:35:46 AM »

I deeply believe Axl has some kind of connection with this dude,let's compare Aristide's customers to G n' R fans:

scoundrel-there's always someone at a concert that Axl hates, like the guy with the camera in St.Louis.

prostitute-groupies? Grin

son of a bitch-I don't mean all fans but it seems popular with metalheads/rockers being rebels and loving trouble,especially at concerts.

pig-There's always that ignorant asshole in the crowd. Like when they pushe their way through  everybody without using manners. When chicks are in the crowd, they sexually abuse the poor girls without caring if they know them or not.

...plus Axl is a funny guy himself since Aristide was described as a comedian.This is just what I think, I can tolerate other's opinions.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 07:34:45 PM »

I'm sure theres a MENTAL link - but they look NOTHING alike.... http://pageperso.aol.fr/gfrappe/Photos/Bruant.jpg   I dont know... Just look at that??!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
MikeB
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 10:03:44 PM »

Yeah he does look much different in that pic. The first pic I saw of him(the link Annie posted) reminded me of a drawn pic of Axl by a fan I've seen before. But they have the same expression on their face since they share a lot of the same characteristics.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 10:21:47 PM by MikeB » Logged
Annie
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 09:39:54 AM »

Thanks for those great posts Mike! The red scarf picture just really reminded me of Axl's spirit! Also the friendship between Arisitide and Toulouse Letrec was very similar to the friendship Axl has with DEL James. Arisitide like Toulouse's work so much that he said of one of his paintings of him, " Am I really that grand?. peace
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 10:10:59 AM »

This guy looks nothing like axl. Are you smoking crack!?? You've got to be kidding....

The well has definitely run dry and now people are starting to hallucinate.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 12:09:36 PM »

As time moves on, the posters on this board are going fucking crazy...  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: