Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trents Comments on Robin Finck
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trents Comments on Robin Finck  (Read 8360 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 11:34:11 AM »

Yea, the Fragile was described as a soundtrack to a movie that hasn't been made yet. That was until a year or two ago, when a movie called Man On Fire, with Denzel Washington, came out. If you see the movie, much of the Fragile is used as a score to the picture. And there, the genius of that music is front and center. It can be used in many different ways, in many different types of film. Cool shit, but not a tyical album with just songs and shit.

But fuckinanyway, good to see i am not alone here. In my world, NIN and GNR co exist just fine. Just keep any mention of poison the fuck out of here. Wait to go guys, gaying up another gnr thread talking about those pirates. Next thing you know, someone is going to say something about backstreet boys.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 11:55:37 AM »

As for the Trent comment, He wasn't saying that stuff last year when he tried to get Robin to go back to NIN, or when he tried to get Richard in NIN. He also wasn't saying that stuff when he tried to pit both Richard and Robin against each other  Roll Eyes

well why wouldnt he want them in the band, robin and richard have already proved they can play someone elses music, thats all they did when they toured with guns so theyr perfect for NIN
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 12:52:31 PM »

"The Fragile" is ok, I bought it and it still hasnt grown on me like Id hoped but With Teeth makes up for it.

Man, The Fragile is my fav all the way, Trent describes it as a soundtrack album which pretty much sums it up. The opening track is a fuckin' hype up song n' a half!!!! yes i love it.

The Fragile is my favorite album of late of 90`s. For me this is the best NIN work so far. With teeth is ok - but can`t compare with The Fragile. The Fragile is monster album.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 01:14:59 PM »

You know, all this NIN talk has a place on this board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 05:05:57 PM »

You know, all this NIN talk has a place on this board.

/jarmo

Jarmo,

The problem is that this is a tricky situation that you yourself can see is unavoidable.

You have longtime NIN guitarist, Robin Finck,  joining GN'R. You have bad blood between Finck and Reznor for whatever the entire reason. But that is not even the biggest factor joining these to groups by the hips. Most importantly, you have Axl Rose, who fell head over heals in love with NIN before mainstream ever got hold of them. You have stories in the past, I can clearly recall one from Sorum, where he retold the story of Axl playing NIN for the band. Sorum said he didnt like it and didnt understand why Axl was freaking so hard on NIN music. Axl was obviously insprired by this very different music direction that Reznor was creating. Whether that led to anything is anyone's guest, but the fact remains.

It is interesting that from a certain point of view, Axl stole something from a great admirer of his. Its kind of interesting when you think about Finck actually being a member of GN'R now.

The one thing I don't get, is why you are cool with people brining up gay shit like poision in a GNR board when there is nothing about them that pertains to GNR or the thread that it is often found in. That is embarrasing, to even have them in the same sentence with GNR. If you want to stop a band being talked about in you forums, I think stopping that is a better thing. That perception of them being linked with GNR is a horrible horrible thing.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 05:40:16 PM »

The one thing I don't get, is why you are cool with people brining up gay shit like poision in a GNR board when there is nothing about them that pertains to GNR or the thread that it is often found in. That is embarrasing, to even have them in the same sentence with GNR. If you want to stop a band being talked about in you forums, I think stopping that is a better thing. That perception of them being linked with GNR is a horrible horrible thing.

The perception probably isn't quite fair, buts it's a definate reality.?

Generally speaking, GNR probably do have more in common with Poison than they ever did with NIN.? Emerging from the same scene aound the same time tends to cause stereotypes that still exist to this day, even though GNR was obviously a cut above everything that came of the Strip during that time period.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 06:21:14 PM »

With Teeth is an awesome CD. It's just a nice organic CD. Well, as organic as NIN are going to get. Much more of a live CD than Trent fiddling with buttons. Although, I DO love the buttons.

Anyway... about Robin...
Let's just try to imagine if Axl was out in the public eye all the time right now... How many nice things would he have to say about Velvet Revolver? All musicians who left by choice...

And just look at the Buckethead departure a few years back.
Everything thought Axl and Bucket were really close, then all of a sudden when Buckethead left, Axl put out that press release. And he seemed PRETTY bitter, and had a lot of shit to say about Buckethead.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 06:29:48 PM »

Poison's, or any other band's, music/career/image/whatever shouldn't be discussed in the GN'R section period. It's that simple.

Every time somebody posts "X said Y about Axl/GN'R/AFD/etc", we get a thread about "X sucks", "X's last record is great", "X is hair metal"....

We don't need that.

If you want to talk about other bands, we have a special section for that. Use it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 06:36:39 PM »

Seriously, what is Reznor supposed to say, "We can't go on without Robin, this new guy can't hold a candle to him.  Please Robin, comeback!"  He has to show support for the new guy, Axl will do the same if we ever see the album and another tour.  Axl will say how much better whoever is than Slash and so on.

Neemo, are you on crack?  CC better than Robin?  CC is just some hack who if he didn't get lucky he would be bussin' tables and playing in some nasty local bar. 
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 06:44:36 PM »

agree with, jarmo here... If Robin actually PLAYED on the bands (NIN) record, it and that was the discussion, it would be relevant, but Robin were just a touring member of Nine Inch Nails... On another case i think its good to discuss GNR role in the music today, and compare them with relevant artists... i guess that can be done under the Guns N`Roses thread, is that right?

What i wonder, is what kind of musical genere you can put GNR anno 2005 under... Will it they be in there with Big ProgRock/metalbands like; Tool, Tomahawk, A Perfect Circle, NIN, Opeth, Isis, Dream Theatre...? What kind of band wil they mingle with? ?i guess we dont know untill they start beeing a band..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RichardNixon
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

i think with teths fucking brilliant, one of the best albums of the year

and at the minute it seems as if robin made the wrong choice, sure he inputs his ideas to CD, just too bad no ones ever goona get to hear them

Oh please man. Weve allready heard some of the stuff and we will hear the rest when the album comes out.

As for the Trent comment, He wasn't saying that stuff last year when he tried to get Robin to go back to NIN, or when he tried to get Richard in NIN. He also wasn't saying that stuff when he tried to pit both Richard and Robin against each other? Roll Eyes

I must have missed something. When did Trent Reznor try to get Fortus in NIN, and when did Reznor "pit both Richard and Robin against each other?"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 08:16:54 PM »

What if Trent got a hold of Bucketheads's services?

That would be interesting!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 09:00:34 PM »

and at the minute it seems as if robin made the wrong choice, sure he inputs his ideas to CD, just too bad no ones ever goona get to hear them

Oh please man. Weve allready heard some of the stuff and we will hear the rest when the album comes out.

As for the Trent comment, He wasn't saying that stuff last year when he tried to get Robin to go back to NIN, or when he tried to get Richard in NIN. He also wasn't saying that stuff when he tried to pit both Richard and Robin against each other  Roll Eyes

I must have missed something. When did Trent Reznor try to get Fortus in NIN, and when did Reznor "pit both Richard and Robin against each other?"

It was at the end of last year/the begenning of this year....
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 09:28:19 AM »

As for the Trent comment, He wasn't saying that stuff last year when he tried to get Robin to go back to NIN, or when he tried to get Richard in NIN. He also wasn't saying that stuff when he tried to pit both Richard and Robin against each other? Roll Eyes

Do you have a link to that thread/article? Very curious to read about it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 10:34:45 AM »

there is no thread/article, infact its not even really public knowledge. But it did happen.....
RichardNixon
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 10:39:16 AM »

So why not just have Trent join Guns N Roses, call it Nine Inch Roses?
RichardNixon
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 10:42:56 AM »

Here's a question:

Axl Rose is a huge NIN fan....you think he's seen them on this tour?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 11:31:52 AM »

Or have Trent join GN'R, all it GN'R?
Naa I don't think so.
Unlike Axl, Trent can't collaborete with 7~8 other guys in writing, can he? Some people are like that.

I don't think he meant this but here's a link to the thread on a false rumour about Richard n Trent.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=c7d5d6eedea29fb5345a145f40393b57&topic=18162.20
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2005, 01:22:56 AM »

You don't like their new album, then you are in the minority. Not that that means you are right or wrong, but don't throw that shit around like it is fact that the album sucks. With Teeth is among the most critically acclaimed albums this year.

Heh.. American Idiot and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (My Chemical Romance Tongue) are also some of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year too..  hihi

Jk bro. I understand what your trying to say.. but just because alot of people like somethign doesnt mean its good.

gnrevolution.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2005, 02:10:37 AM »

Dude, you are just reiterating what I already said, and throwing it back at me as if I didnt say it. I included a little disclaimer, so wtf?

"then you are in the minority. Not that that means you are right or wrong, but don't throw that shit around like it is fact that the album sucks." Hence why I felt the need to include "Not that that means you are right or wrong."

Yea I wrote that little diddy.

And you wrote, "but just because alot of people like somethign doesnt mean its good."

Fucking genius homie. Recognize.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: