Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:41:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trents Comments on Robin Finck
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trents Comments on Robin Finck  (Read 8366 times)
nyd
« on: August 28, 2005, 09:27:02 AM »

This is old news (Jan 05) but I don't remember ever reading it before, sorry if it has been posted. From NIN.com, Trent Reznor answers a fans question:

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 10:14:41 AM »

Trent was always  bitter that Robin left NIN to join guns n roses. But it was really a no brainer for Robin. It was either write songs in guns n roses with axl and co or just play the songs that trent writes in NIN. Also, the last nin album really was not that great.  I love their earlier work but I dont know what he was thinking with this last album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 04:57:34 PM »

nyd,

Thanks for the post, but yeah, it was posted earlier. 

Rock n' roll and breakups kinda go hand in hand.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
darkmonth
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 05:10:48 PM »

Trent is fucking mental.  Jeez, he needs to grow up a bit... it's been a while and little pot shots like that are a tad unneccessary... Robin was only a live guitarist... not exactly someone who held the band together.  Maybe some other shit went on personally between them.

But everyone knows I don't like Robin's
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 06:28:38 PM »

Trent is fucking mental.  Jeez, he needs to grow up a bit... it's been a while and little pot shots like that are a tad unneccessary... Robin was only a live guitarist... not exactly someone who held the band together.  Maybe some other shit went on personally between them.

But everyone knows I don't like Robin's

If only Mr Reznor came with commendable maturity level and social skills of Axl.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 06:48:47 PM »

Robin left one basket case for another. But at least Axl appreciates Robin for his talent by letting him contribute his ideas to CD.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 12:19:07 AM »

Cant say i heard the new NIN album...

But I can tell you I think the singles are really lame. Hahaha. REALLY lame. Good for Finck gettin out of there. And Trent comes off as pretty immature with the "pissed on his shoes" comment.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 12:54:57 AM »

Looks like Im alone here...but I aint lonely. NIN has been one of the most consistant musical entities out there. You don't like their new album, then you are in the minority. Not that that means you are right or wrong, but don't throw that shit around like it is fact that the album sucks. With Teeth is among the most critically acclaimed albums this year. And as a NIN fan, I dig this album hard. It hasn't let me down in the slightest. In the slightest. Every NIN album has a different feel, but it isn't inferior to any product they have ever released. You don't like it, you don't like NIN music. The album is as deep and layered as anything he has released. But, I don't have to convince you. You don't pay my bills. But if Reznor felt burned by Finck, it doesnt mean NIN suck. That was his homie, so maybe there is deeper shit at work then the basic level you guys are comfortable with. "Trent hates Ficnk cause he joined GNR." Thats real clean isn't it. That must be the only reason right. Couldn't be for other shit right?

You guys ever have a friend that fucked you? That feeling sucks. You guys don't like NIN music and are using that to justify your opinion, when it is really a seperate issue. As a fan of NIN too, I find you guys lame for that.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 01:36:12 AM »

Looks like Im alone here...but I aint lonely. NIN has been one of the most consistant musical entities out there. You don't like their new album, then you are in the minority. Not that that means you are right or wrong, but don't throw that shit around like it is fact that the album sucks. With Teeth is among the most critically acclaimed albums this year. And as a NIN fan, I dig this album hard. It hasn't let me down in the slightest. In the slightest. Every NIN album has a different feel, but it isn't inferior to any product they have ever released. You don't like it, you don't like NIN music. The album is as deep and layered as anything he has released. But, I don't have to convince you. You don't pay my bills. But if Reznor felt burned by Finck, it doesnt mean NIN suck. That was his homie, so maybe there is deeper shit at work then the basic level you guys are comfortable with. "Trent hates Ficnk cause he joined GNR." Thats real clean isn't it. That must be the only reason right. Couldn't be for other shit right?

You guys ever have a friend that fucked you? That feeling sucks. You guys don't like NIN music and are using that to justify your opinion, when it is really a seperate issue. As a fan of NIN too, I find you guys lame for that.

.....well tell em' to fuck off

With Teeth is brillent, people who shrug it off straight up really cant hear it, the amount of work that goes into NIN is unbelievable man, Trent is a musical genius!! yes
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 01:39:37 AM by ClintroN III - Attack of the Toe Cutters » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 01:59:39 AM »

I agree here 100 percent, I use to talk shit about Reznor only cause I was ignorant, I bought "With Teeth" to see what the fuss was about and I still listen to it very very regularly and love every single song on it.

"The Fragile" is ok, I bought it and it still hasnt grown on me like Id hoped but With Teeth makes up for it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 07:57:56 AM »

With Teeth is some of Trent Reznor's finest work.  I'm a huge NIN fan and think that the album is awesome (it took a while to get into it).  Buddha_Master, I agree... the fragile was a bit of a letdown.

As for Reznor's comments, he must have a pretty good reason to be pissed.  No one here knows what went on behind closed doors so it's hard to judge.  I know I'm looking forward to hearing the current NIN line-up live.

Finck is a good guitarist better suited for NIN but that's only my opinion...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 08:59:04 AM »

"The Fragile" is ok, I bought it and it still hasnt grown on me like Id hoped but With Teeth makes up for it.

Man, The Fragile is my fav all the way, Trent describes it as a soundtrack album which pretty much sums it up. The opening track is a fuckin' hype up song n' a half!!!! yes i love it.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 09:34:05 AM »

The fragile is indeed the best cd i think. best sound i'd say.

and robin going from NIN to GNR. that guy will never be in teh spotlight. it was either helping a one-man-band, or being on vacation Smiley

RichardNixon
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 10:09:22 AM »

Off topic, but since we're on the issue of the new NIN album--I think it's great. My favorite album of 2005.

As for Trent's comments on Finck--we weren't there, so who knows what the deal is...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 10:19:15 AM »

well, i think the downward spiral is the best NIN album! I think its good Robin choose GNR. That shows that he have some respect on what hes doing there. And for him to give up a big band like NIN gives me alot of trust on the new GNR!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RichardNixon
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 10:43:52 AM »

Yeah, can you imagine the reaction from fans if C.C. Deville had joined GN'R instead of Finck?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 11:10:14 AM »

C.C.'s alright (better than Finck anyway) but he's a HUGE showboat. When I saw poison in 2002 it seemed he was always trying to one up Bret Michaels, Axl is the show I doubt he would want someone like that to be in GnR.

besides didn't GnR and Poison have a bit of a Feud back in the day?

And poison's guitar sound is nothing like GnR's anyway, Axl is trying to make GnR new, he's not trying to rehash the 90's glam scene.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 11:17:29 AM »

I was disappointed with the new album. NIN lost its edge

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 11:24:19 AM »

i think with teths fucking brilliant, one of the best albums of the year

and at the minute it seems as if robin made the wrong choice, sure he inputs his ideas to CD, just too bad no ones ever goona get to hear them
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »

i think with teths fucking brilliant, one of the best albums of the year

and at the minute it seems as if robin made the wrong choice, sure he inputs his ideas to CD, just too bad no ones ever goona get to hear them

Oh please man. Weve allready heard some of the stuff and we will hear the rest when the album comes out.

As for the Trent comment, He wasn't saying that stuff last year when he tried to get Robin to go back to NIN, or when he tried to get Richard in NIN. He also wasn't saying that stuff when he tried to pit both Richard and Robin against each other  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: