Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:31:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ok, boys and Girls... hang on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ok, boys and Girls... hang on!  (Read 17326 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2005, 03:15:56 AM »

I thought it was a sarcastic, satire type deal but judging by the metaphors and the translations, it sounds pretty fucking exciting

the whole christmas ordeal and the presents under the tree

thats genius.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2005, 05:16:10 AM »

It was there, on the table that I saw a dozen or so Styrofoam 'to go' boxes, each with special instructions scrawled in ink.

Completed Songs / Disks?

These, it turned out, were secret burgers (i.e. not listed on the menu) from Firefly, those that are currently both Adam and Danny's favorite burger (which yours truly turned them on to, thus giving away another of the world's great secrets).

GNR tracks nobody knows about yet, Adam and Danny?s favourite band at the moment, which the author? turned them on to. One of the world?s greatest secrets - hmmm

"Even the burgers are secret" I uttered as they checked the Styrofoam lids in order to determine which secret burgers belonged to whom.

?

Axl was in the kitchen, peering into the refrigerator, looking for the ingredients to make a crude secret sauce, the color of which reminded me of the gooey stuff slathered on Dogs N? Suds burgers (an all but forgotten Midwest chain of drive-ins with carhops).

Dogs N? Suds (an all but forgotten Midwest chain of drive-ins with carhops) ? Not a coincidence, has to be Guns N? Roses

Axl trying to create a special sound/ album, the sound of which reminds the author of old Guns N? Roses

This prompted a discussion of gut rumbles from the past, and, in that Axl grew up in the Midwest (from some paradise city in Indiana, I think), he was quite familiar with those rather unremarkable Dogs N? Suds charbroiled burgers all dressed up with their secret sauce (yep, just like those in Fast Times at Ridgemont High). In fact, on this starry Christmas evening, it seemed as if he was maybe even attempting to duplicate the Dogs N? Suds secret.

Axl familiar with Dogs N? Suds (reference to GNR again). Maybe trying to replicate that special ?something? which made Guns N? Roses great

A traditional X-mas dinner with all the trimmings (traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement) was served well after midnight, and then around 3:00 AM (if memory serves me right) lots of presents under the tinsel-festooned tree were opened (many of them being of a robotic nature). There was even a couple under there with my name on them, meaning that Axl had a pretty good personal assistant!

Traditional, but two singers/albums? ? I?m thinking more two albums.

After midnight? (this would be christmas day) The timing may have some relevance, not sure what.

The presents have to be songs (some with industrial influence/buckethead influence)

Couple with the authors name on ? stuff he?s worked on / Axl wants him to work on?

With the story over, and Firefly secret burgers duly impressing all those newbies

The guys like the new songs/material.

Notes: The Christmas story either represents the author first hearing the songs and being asked to work on them (?There was even a couple under there with my name on them?), or it represents the release of the album(s).

Crazy notion mode: ON ? 1). Is it possible that it is a double album?, 2). Could one disc have Buckethead on, and one be without Buckethead?

Haha ? now I?ve got you thinking?? anybody?

Come on, someone has to buy it.... right?

@#$%Funker
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2005, 05:25:12 AM »

"Even the burgers are secret" I uttered as they checked the Styrofoam lids in order to determine which secret burgers belonged to whom.

?

well.....let me join the nonsence........? Grin

I think he means the different guitar parts, solo's... songs. Which one wrote this, which one wrote that. Who's playing this solo or rhythm? Is it Buckethead?......naah sounds too much Queen-ish.........oh my god.....Brian May!? Wink Just kidding.....or not.... I think he means guest appearances as well.....so it's hard too tell at first who's at it in the songs....and that would be fucking cool.

Now shoot me. I'm nuts  hihi

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2005, 05:34:23 AM »

what would be really funny is if all that was really about turkeys and sauce Smiley

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2005, 07:41:12 AM »

this is turning out to be an awsome topic, i love to think that the burgers are songs etc. i would never have thought about that..., i just thought it was just a stupid christmas story with the nice twist of not making axl look like an asshole! ok

are we still hoping for a 05 christmas release? Roll Eyes

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2005, 08:42:09 AM »

This prompted a discussion of gut rumbles from the past......... In fact, on this starry Christmas evening, it seemed as if he was maybe even attempting to duplicate the Dog N' Suds secret.

duplicate the old Guns n' Roses secret perhaps? rumbles from the past n stuff..

(traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement)

the turkey had TWO hearts.. CD having two discs?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2005, 08:47:20 AM »

oh, and this is supposed to talk about a "few years ago" event ?
or is the "few yers ago" thingie also a riddle .. ?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2005, 10:32:49 AM »

didnt the drummer from Tool play with GNR before Brain joined???

Nope, that was Josh Freese. He is the drummer in A Perfect Circle... Maynard James Keenan (Tool singer) second band... Danny Carey is the drummer in Tool. Maybe the best drummer ever!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2005, 12:19:34 PM »

Nope, that was Josh Freese. He is the drummer in A Perfect Circle... Maynard James Keenan (Tool singer) second band... Danny Carey is the drummer in Tool. Maybe the best drummer ever!

My mistake, I could have sworn Josh Freese also played in Tool..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
roxxi
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2005, 12:49:38 PM »

(traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement)

I was sceptical at first, but this made me think the story might really be about CD. He knows people aren't allowed to talk about it...

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2005, 02:26:13 PM »

Very entertaining!  Cheesy

I wander why it was removed from Tool's website   Huh  its not as if there was anything factual in it

Are the Tool fans discussing it on their website?

Here today...ready to rock
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2005, 04:10:05 PM »

apc, tool, who cares they both sound exactly the same Tongue

Burgers can be songs, and they don't know who to credit ? or who wrote which song? Idunno

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2005, 04:26:05 PM »

I'm gunna go out on a limb and guess that the story about being at axl's house during xmas was really a story about being at axl's house during xmas.  Shocked

duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005, 04:58:24 PM »

I'm gunna go out on a limb and guess that the story about being at axl's house during xmas was really a story about being at axl's house during xmas.  Shocked

Agree   Tongue Roll Eyes

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2005, 05:30:48 PM »

apc, tool, who cares they both sound exactly the same Tongue

Burgers can be songs, and they don't know who to credit ? or who wrote which song? Idunno

Thats the same as saying that Velvet and Guns sounds axactly the same..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2005, 05:35:02 PM »

Since it's from the Tool....it must be something! Yay, Scabbie! Even if not, it's entertaining at least!

A sign of sensory deprivation would be the case when we reached to the point we can?t even enjoy this little puzzle!

The letter is still there in the site, save for the bit on "another of the world's great secrets". Apparently the letter is about the upcoming album of Tool overall and reference to a certain Christmas evening was brought up for the secret burger connection as a parenthesis. (but maybe more).

Yea, it's ambiguous- double entendre... Also I notice there's quiet a few Ws in this piece. 2 secret burgers (one from Firefly(Tool?) and the other with Axl's secret sauce), to duplicate the D N' Ss secrets, two hearts, ?a couple of pressies with tool's webmasters name. Any more?....W Axl rose Tongue.

"Bullet proof Monk" is an actual film and may also stand for something irreversible?......a final mix?
Then again this part must be back on tool's new album. (see, how these parts weren't removed from the newsletter!)

So, I think the removed bit is indeed about GN'Rs CD....well, probably the past state of it.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2005, 05:49:07 PM »

Since it's from the Tool....it must be something! Yay, Scabbie! Even if not, it's entertaining at least!

A sign of sensory deprivation would be the case when we reached to the point we can?t even enjoy this little puzzle!

The letter is still there in the site, save for the bit on "another of the world's great secrets". Apparently the letter is about the upcoming album of Tool overall and reference to a certain Christmas evening was brought up for the secret burger connection as a parenthesis. (but maybe more).

Yea, it's ambiguous- double entendre... Also I notice there's quiet a few Ws in this piece. 2 secret burgers (one from Firefly(Tool?) and the other with Axl's secret sauce), to duplicate the D N' Ss secrets, two hearts, ?a couple of pressies with tool's webmasters name. Any more?....W Axl rose Tongue.

"Bullet proof Monk" is an actual film and may also stand for something irreversible?......a final mix?
Then again this part must be back on tool's new album. (see, how these parts weren't removed from the newsletter!)

So, I think the removed bit is indeed about GN'Rs CD....well, probably the past state of it.

What do you mean by a 'W'?

Here today...ready to rock
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2005, 05:52:16 PM »

2 things that really confuse me:

bullet proof monk
fast times at ridgemont high

are these 2 movies relevant in this story or completly meaningless? any thoughts?

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2005, 05:59:53 PM »

I mean "double",  Embarrassed

hoosier, how about my idea? bullet proof=irreversible...and Monk can be monkey that may stand for music......

fast times at ridgemont high

I thought it a name of some burger shop....a US thing?

ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2005, 06:08:51 PM »

Wow,
I bet the people in Tool world would be having a good laugh about how much people are reading into this.

Maybe Axl is recording at the same studio as Tool? Perhaps that's the "Secret" meaning of this story being brought up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: