Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:26:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ok, boys and Girls... hang on!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ok, boys and Girls... hang on!  (Read 17281 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: August 27, 2005, 09:56:46 AM »

Axl mention in Tools latest Newsletter....!

And something interesting..

These, it turned out, were secret burgers (i.e. not listed on the menu) from Firefly, those that are currently both Adam and Danny's favorite burger (which yours truly turned them on to, thus giving away another of the world's great secrets).

After one of Joe's assistants left to get the needed unit, the guys finally took their dinner break. "Even the burgers are secret" I uttered as they checked the Styrofoam lids in order to determine which secret burgers belonged to whom. When they sat down to eat, I began to tell them a story... a story that involved burgers and secrets (of course!). This was about the time I spent Christmas with Axl Rose. I shit you not. This was a few years ago, I having been invited to the singer's Malibu home by my friend Chris Pitman (who, at the time, was in Guns N' Roses - hell, he might still be!). This was no major gathering (to say the least). As I recall there was only Axl, his brother, a female personal assistant, Chris and myself. But I remember that when I arrived, Axl was in the kitchen, peering into the refrigerator, looking for the ingredients to make a crude secret sauce, the color of which reminded me of the gooey stuff slathered on Dog N' Suds burgers (an all but forgotten Midwest chain of drive-ins with carhops).

This prompted a discussion of gut rumbles from the past, and, in that Axl grew up in the Midwest (from some paradise city in Indiana, I think), he was quite familiar with those rather unremarkable Dog N' Suds charbroiled burgers all dressed up with their secret sauce (yep, just like those in Fast Times at Ridgemont High). In fact, on this starry Christmas evening, it seemed as if he was maybe even attempting to duplicate the Dog N' Suds secret. In case you're wondering, the rest of the evening was fairly uneventful, no wild drinking, drugs or riots. A traditional X-mas dinner with all the trimmings (traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement) was served well after midnight, and then around 3:00 AM (if memory serves me right) lots of presents under the tinsel-festooned tree were opened (many of them being of a robotic nature). There was even a couple under there with my name on them, meaning that Axl had a pretty good personal assistant!

With the story over, and Firefly secret burgers duly impressing all those newbies biting into the beef patty, bleu cheese and bacon for the first time (and hey, for those of you who want a vicarious thrill, let's not forget those fries, even though, like all fries, they don't travel well), while waiting for Joe's assistant to return with the piece of equipment, we all watched a film entitled "Bullet-Proof Monk." This, fortunately, wasn't all that good. I say fortunately because this gave Maynard a chance to add his own commentary. It was times like this that I wish there was someone with a video camera to document things.

?

So, why did I bring up that Christmas spent with Axl Rose (Toolies and TA)? Well, I can tell you that, even though it might not seem to be the case, there's a bit more going on here than just grease stains from a secret burgers, vintage or otherwise.

On the last! What the heck?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 10:17:26 AM »

Axl mention in Tools latest Newsletter....!

And something interesting..

These, it turned out, were secret burgers (i.e. not listed on the menu) from Firefly, those that are currently both Adam and Danny's favorite burger (which yours truly turned them on to, thus giving away another of the world's great secrets).

After one of Joe's assistants left to get the needed unit, the guys finally took their dinner break. "Even the burgers are secret" I uttered as they checked the Styrofoam lids in order to determine which secret burgers belonged to whom. When they sat down to eat, I began to tell them a story... a story that involved burgers and secrets (of course!). This was about the time I spent Christmas with Axl Rose. I shit you not. This was a few years ago, I having been invited to the singer's Malibu home by my friend Chris Pitman (who, at the time, was in Guns N' Roses - hell, he might still be!). This was no major gathering (to say the least). As I recall there was only Axl, his brother, a female personal assistant, Chris and myself. But I remember that when I arrived, Axl was in the kitchen, peering into the refrigerator, looking for the ingredients to make a crude secret sauce, the color of which reminded me of the gooey stuff slathered on Dog N' Suds burgers (an all but forgotten Midwest chain of drive-ins with carhops).

This prompted a discussion of gut rumbles from the past, and, in that Axl grew up in the Midwest (from some paradise city in Indiana, I think), he was quite familiar with those rather unremarkable Dog N' Suds charbroiled burgers all dressed up with their secret sauce (yep, just like those in Fast Times at Ridgemont High). In fact, on this starry Christmas evening, it seemed as if he was maybe even attempting to duplicate the Dog N' Suds secret. In case you're wondering, the rest of the evening was fairly uneventful, no wild drinking, drugs or riots. A traditional X-mas dinner with all the trimmings (traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement) was served well after midnight, and then around 3:00 AM (if memory serves me right) lots of presents under the tinsel-festooned tree were opened (many of them being of a robotic nature). There was even a couple under there with my name on them, meaning that Axl had a pretty good personal assistant!

With the story over, and Firefly secret burgers duly impressing all those newbies biting into the beef patty, bleu cheese and bacon for the first time (and hey, for those of you who want a vicarious thrill, let's not forget those fries, even though, like all fries, they don't travel well), while waiting for Joe's assistant to return with the piece of equipment, we all watched a film entitled "Bullet-Proof Monk." This, fortunately, wasn't all that good. I say fortunately because this gave Maynard a chance to add his own commentary. It was times like this that I wish there was someone with a video camera to document things.

?

So, why did I bring up that Christmas spent with Axl Rose (Toolies and TA)? Well, I can tell you that, even though it might not seem to be the case, there's a bit more going on here than just grease stains from a secret burgers, vintage or otherwise.

On the last! What the heck?

Was this written by Blair (Blake)? He's told me some funny stories about Pitman in the past.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 10:27:50 AM »

yes. i belive it is, but on the newletter there is everybodys name under, so im not quite sure. But could this mean that Axl and Tool have worked on something together? or what?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 03:10:02 PM »

Ya gotta really open your mind and read between the lines when it comes to anything Tool related.
Who knows what this means.

IMO, there could be no better person  for Axl to work with than Maynard.
Whatever those 2 create together would be mind blowing.

Maynard could be a very positve influence for Axl.

Maynard should also be voted the President of the Human Race.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 03:42:46 PM »

I think this is called a "mind fuck". I wont guess into it. Maybe Pitman told Tool a few Axl secrets and they were excited enough to make a witty blog.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 04:21:22 PM »

am Trying to read between every lines,
wondering which is more difficult to interpret?either this one or my posts?

This was a few years ago, I having been invited to the singer's Malibu home by my friend Chris Pitman (who, at the time, was in Guns N' Roses - hell, he might still be!).

This is a worrying bit?After reading that recent Richards mail.
I bet the writer (Blair?) read it as well.

This prompted a discussion of gut rumbles from the past......... In fact, on this starry Christmas evening, it seemed as if he was maybe even attempting to duplicate the Dog N' Suds secret.

Oh no plz. no
Is it common to have burgers on Christmas evening in America?

(traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement)

love W hearted turkey?  love

What's an ice story! Good read. Thanks nytune.  ok
conny
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 07:11:45 PM »

I'm too tired to check or comment this, but here's what could be the intresting parts:

Axl was in the kitchen, peering into the refrigerator, looking for the ingredients to make a crude secret sauce, the color of which reminded me of the gooey stuff slathered on Dog N' Suds burgers (an all but forgotten Midwest chain of drive-ins with carhops).

In fact, on this starry Christmas evening, it seemed as if he was maybe even attempting to duplicate the Dog N' Suds secret.

...traditional save for the fact that the turkey had TWO hearts, a little detail that I wouldn't be able to share with you had Axl's people convinced me to sign a confidentiality agreement

...was served well after midnight,

and then around 3:00 AM (if memory serves me right) lots of presents under the tinsel-festooned tree were opened (many of them being of a robotic nature).

There was even a couple under there with my name on them, meaning that Axl had a pretty good personal assistant!

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 07:55:31 PM »

What uselesness.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 08:16:10 PM »

robotic toys implying buckethead was involved in some way?

two hearts of some project? axl and maynard?

Sounds like they recorded something together.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 08:39:35 PM »

I find it amusing people are trying to read into this more than they should.

He told a story. This isn't cryptic internet bullshit like GNFR - it's just a guy who tagged along to dinner a few years back.
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 09:47:48 PM »

I find it amusing people are trying to read into this more than they should.

He told a story. This isn't cryptic internet bullshit like GNFR - it's just a guy who tagged along to dinner a few years back.

I'm guessing you don't know a great deal about Tool, or Maynard.

First of all Maynard is one of the funniest, sarcastic, brilliant people in the world.
Kind of off topic, sorry

But if you do follow Tool and you fail to read between the lines, or  don't read into what they are saying you'll miss the point and not get it.

There is usually a great deal of substance in what they choose to say/write. Ant it's not always obvious.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 10:02:05 PM »

i think is saying that him and axl worked on something, as someone stated before, and perhaps he meant that axl was trying to duplicate that famous guns n roses sound, but instead he used the term dog n suds sauce
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 10:09:22 PM »

Haha! what a great read!

thanks for posting it...

T.T.
?.?.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 04:04:29 AM »

It seems to me that this guy is telling us a story he?s got the right to tell us, possibly a fake one, in order to hint to something he hasn?t got the right to tell regarding Axl (see how he stresses the fact that he didn?t sign a confidentiality agreement on this). Robotic stuff, two hearts, Axl trying to recreate something from his youth? Well, that?s intriguing.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 04:22:57 AM »

It seems to me that this guy is telling us a story he?s got the right to tell us, possibly a fake one, in order to hint to something he hasn?t got the right to tell regarding Axl (see how he stresses the fact that he didn?t sign a confidentiality agreement on this). Robotic stuff, two hearts, Axl trying to recreate something from his youth? Well, that?s intriguing.

that's exactly what I was thinking !!!!!!!! we must all be nuts  hihi

two hearts? pleaaaze, the turkey is CHIDEM and the two hearts are two cds, as in double album !!robotic stuff must be the industrial part of the music and the presents are the songs !!!!

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 05:54:20 AM »

i like how axl is filtering information about his turkey.  Grin

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 07:31:15 AM »

that's exactly what I was thinking !!!!!!!! we must all be nuts? hihi

two hearts? pleaaaze, the turkey is CHIDEM and the two hearts are two cds, as in double album !!robotic stuff must be the industrial part of the music and the presents are the songs !!!!

This guy is encouraging us, isn't he, when he says :

"So, why did I bring up that Christmas spent with Axl Rose (Toolies and TA)? Well, I can tell you that, even though it might not seem to be the case, there's a bit more going on here than just grease stains from a secret burgers, vintage or otherwise."

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 08:07:34 AM »

'Vintage or Otherwise'  .....I like the sound of that lol

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 08:14:32 AM »

CD is getting released at Christmas as a double CD and Buckethead is back in the band?Huh
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 09:39:51 AM »

i think its kinda weird! The IS something strange about it! Why should Tool wright this in theyr newsletter.. anyway.. www.toolband.com is the source.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: