Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff Comments On Matts Hand And Ozzfest
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Comments On Matts Hand And Ozzfest  (Read 6915 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: August 19, 2005, 04:37:34 PM »

Paul Maldonado Jr. of The Albuquerque Tribune recently conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER basist Duff McKagan (ex-GUNS N' ROSES). Several excerpts from the chat follow:

On playing this year's Ozzfest:

"We'll do all right; we'll hold our own. We did Ozzfest in Europe last month - we did Donington (Castle in England) . . . and Greece. We did it for about a month, but Ozzfest only plays twice a week, so we did our own gigs, too.

"Sharon and Ozzy really like us; they asked us to play. Sharon is a sweet, sweet woman.

"We kind of got experienced in Europe, what we could play and what we couldn't get away with. Like we can't encore with (PINK FLOYD's) 'Wish You Were Here'; we do a medley with 'You Got No Right'. That didn't go over too well.

"The fans just wanted us to get back to the rock. So we just keep it hard, fast and in your face. The second stage is where it's all hardcore. I don't think it'd work over there."

"We'll figure it out; we'll keep to our own songs. (The ballad) 'Fall To Pieces' goes over quite well; it's not completely alien. But it's BLACK SABBATH, man. I mean, if it was just BLACK SABBATH and us, it would be totally compatible."

On drummer Matt Sorum's recent injury, which has forced him to miss the group's current dates:

"Matt broke his pinkie water skiing; he's having surgery today. I mean, we're all kind of extreme guys. We like to do extreme things; it could've happened to any of us. We've been off four weeks; we're into jet skiing and motorbiking, things like that.

"Like right before the U.S. tour began, I cut myself and had stitches on my index finger right on the part I play with. I was able to make it through the whole tour, though."

On changing drummers for the current tour:

"We got Brian Tichy playing with us; he's BILLY IDOL's drummer. We're rehearsing right now so he can learn the songs. He's doing at least seven gigs with us.

"But we're not going to pressure Matt, make him come back before he's ready; we want the guy around for the next record. We'll just play it by ear. We'd do it for any of us."

On writing the follow-up to "Contraband":

"Oh, man, we have tons of new material. We've been writing since the beginning of the U.S. tour. We probably have enough for five records. The problem is paring it down to one record; it's a lot of stuff. We each have a CD and we each come back with the ones (songs) we like.

"On days off, I come up with riffs and partial songs. But our songwriting, . . . we really have to be together to be able to write, to come up with the song. Nobody's brought in a whole song. Like Matt'll have a drum riff, or I'll have a bass riff, or Slash will come in with a guitar riff; we all contribute. We're real prolific when we're all together. We are the sum of its parts.

"We'll probably start work on it at the end of September, but it probably won't come out until March or April. We record real quick, in a matter of weeks, but it's all the other stuff (mixing, tracking, packaging) that takes time.

"We don't want to rush it, but we want to keep this momentum that we've got right now going."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 08:45:13 PM »

We record real quick, in a matter of weeks, but it's all the other stuff (mixing, tracking, packaging) that takes time.

Where have we heard that before?   As long as it doesn't take a decade!  Tongue

Why don't you just....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 10:25:34 PM »

Matt's a pussy

Come on, u dont even use your pinky to hold a drum stick!

Axl played with a sprained ankle and still ran around with a walkin cast

he hurts a pinky and is missing shows?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 10:30:25 PM »

Matt's a pussy

Yeah thats pretty whimpy. Didnt the VR camp report is as a fractured hand? Guess they had to make it seen worse then it actually is so matt dont look like a pussy!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 12:08:30 AM »

Matt's a pussy

Yeah thats pretty whimpy. Didnt the VR camp report is as a fractured hand? Guess they had to make it seen worse then it actually is so matt dont look like a pussy!

Huh

First of all, please find where the "VR camp" reported that it was a fractured hand.  Instead of continuing your tradition of thoughtlessly negative posts based on whatever weird resentment you have for VR, try using some common sense.  If VRs intention was to make Matts injury seem worse so Matt doesnt "look like a pussy"...why would Duff then explain the injury? 

Im assuming that hes wearing something on his hand in order for the finger to heal, which would explain why hes not drumming at the moment. 

No, he broke a pinky.  Try reading the article before posting.  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 01:06:23 AM »

They had what? 10 shows on Ozzfest?

Matt injures hand in fishing accident

I didnt know a pinky was a hand, its a finger.

Just tape it up and play, U dont even use your pinky!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
makane
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 04:35:08 AM »

They had what? 10 shows on Ozzfest?

Matt injures hand in fishing accident

I didnt know a pinky was a hand, its a finger.

Just tape it up and play, U dont even use your pinky!!!!!
Ye, but they probably have to tape the 2 fingers together, which makes it impossible to play. If Matt would continue playing it would hurt like hell and it wouldn't heal ever.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 06:39:01 AM »

First of all, please find where the "VR camp" reported that it was a fractured hand. Instead of continuing your tradition of thoughtlessly negative posts based on whatever weird resentment you have for VR, try using some common sense. If VRs intention was to make Matts injury seem worse so Matt doesnt "look like a pussy"...why would Duff then explain the injury?

NEW YORK, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- VELVET REVOLVER drummer MATT SORUM suffered a fractured hand as the result of a recent boating accident, and it appears that he will be unable to perform on the first few dates of the band's upcoming headlining tour.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1426

Somebody in the "VR camp" said it since they put out a press release....

Now, where's all the rumors?

You know, the ones that say "Matt''s in rehab", "Matt was fired by Dave!", "Matt quit!" etc etc....  hihi

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 07:02:56 AM »

NEW YORK, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- VELVET REVOLVER drummer MATT SORUM suffered a fractured hand as the result of a recent boating accident, and it appears that he will be unable to perform on the first few dates of the band's upcoming headlining tour.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1426

Somebody in the "VR camp" said it since they put out a press release....

I asked for it, I got it.? ?Grin

My question still stands however - if the members of VR were really trying to hide the nature of Matts injury, why would Duff then discuss it in an interview?? To automatically presume that the conflicting report stems from an orchestrated cover-up rather than, say, miscommunication is symptomatic of an already-proven negative bias on that posters part.? I cant see why a cover-up would be necessary - the guy broke a finger.

Now, where's all the rumors?

You know, the ones that say "Matt''s in rehab", "Matt was fired by Dave!", "Matt quit!" etc etc....? hihi

Wink

/jarmo

Im not sure what this is in reference to...New GNR?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 07:07:59 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 07:08:02 AM »

It's a reference to the Internet. As soon as something happens, even if there's an explanation, some people start thinking of other reasons.....

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
makane
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 10:03:19 AM »

Actually, wasn't there already a rumour of matt leaving? hihi

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 12:14:16 PM »

Sounds to me like Matt is scared of the Ozzfest crowd Grin

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
guzma004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 04:45:34 PM »

sounds like to me that matt doesn't want to be part of this band Roll Eyes
makane
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 12:59:09 PM »

sounds like to me that matt doesn't want to be part of this band Roll Eyes

sounds like you're not too bright  Roll Eyes

guzma004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 01:39:29 AM »

plez broken pinky come on. One time I broke my index finger from playing baseball at school tape it up and went back the next day. I don't why what matt is whinning about Roll Eyes
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 05:30:33 AM »

plez broken pinky come on. One time I broke my index finger from playing baseball at school tape it up and went back the next day. I don't why what matt is whinning about Roll Eyes

Somehow I think throwing or hitting a baseball is a little different to an hour an half straight of using your hands to bash a drum kit.

I hope Matt takes his time to make a good recovery so he can rip it up on the new album! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 05:38:48 AM »

Hes not the one whining.  ok
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »

Paul Maldonado Jr. of The Albuquerque Tribune recently conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER basist Duff McKagan (ex-GUNS N' ROSES). Several excerpts from the chat follow:

I mean, we're all kind of extreme guys. We like to do extreme things; it could've happened to any of us. We've been off four weeks; we're into jet skiing and motorbiking, things like that.

Enough of that please... Roll Eyes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 04:06:14 PM »

Looks like Matt will have to use the other hand to jerk off with.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 08:05:33 PM »

"Oh, man, we have tons of new material. We've been writing since the beginning of the U.S. tour. We probably have enough for five records. The problem is paring it down to one record; it's a lot of stuff. We each have a CD and we each come back with the ones (songs) we like.

that's what I love to read...  beer
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: