Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:01:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Favorite Televised GNR Performance?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Televised GNR Performance?  (Read 14332 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 09:32:08 AM »

3 come to mind in no particular order..

88 VMA's, just electrifying...

88 Ritz, a great snapshot of the band in it's truest form..

02 VMA's, very exciting, the mystery/intrigue/anticipation won't be matched anytime soon by anyone..

Interesting thread  ok

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Eric
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »

Nothing will ever top seeing the new band the night of the 2002 mtv awards-goosebumps-I know for a lot of people the will never be the original band, but I was so pumped up after that.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 01:02:03 PM »

So many to choose from but Id have to say Patience, Axl and Tom Petty doing 'Free Falling", followed closely behind by the 2002 VMA's. Even though Axl wasnt at his best, that performance was pure adrenaline.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 02:37:23 PM »

88' VMA's and the Paris PPV concert were my favorite TV Moments.

2002 VMA's were different. We had the info that they would be there.... then with Pink's slip and Jimmy Fallon's hints's I got so fired up that I didn't notice durring my first viewing that it was terrible. If that preformance went off without a hitch it would be number one (even though I favor the old lineup). It just had so much potential
Dignan
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2005, 04:10:26 PM »

I'll always remember when Axl danced out to join Tom Petty for Free Falin' at the 6th annual MTV Awards. It just didn't seem real at the time. Wasn't the all time best performance compared to some of these others listed, but it did seem to really feel like Axl was (and is) the most amazing musician of all time.

/AA.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 04:14:42 PM »

I just re-watched "Paradise City" from Paris 1992 hyppodr?me de Vincennes show...this is phenomenal. The old band was phenomenal. The size of the? stage was phenomenal. The crowd was phenomenal. Everything was phenomenal. What a great band it was!
I have faith in Chinese Democracy but concerning the Live shows, nah, the new band will NEVER top the Paris'92 show. The chemistry that night between all of them was sensational. What a great show...what a great band...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 04:17:56 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 06:02:37 PM »

Paris 92
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2005, 06:08:44 PM »

88 VMA's and Farm Aid 1990. I also loved how in 1988 MTV played the Ritz show every day after school. Cheesy

anythinggoes
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2005, 06:26:46 PM »

"Patience" from the '89 Grammys about as good, and one of the coolest Slash moments I can recall.? That solo is mesmerizing.

I've neven seen that one...is there any footage avialable? anyone?

I guess my favorite is Axl and Izzy with Tom Petty at the vma's in 89. I think I must've seen that performance 100 times.

And GNR as a whole, the Paris show in 92 was pretty good.

here you go

http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YS88VWPUWSA1031GWL0IALO1K
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 09:19:56 PM »

This is a great post. I have one I have been planning for a while, but this is one is sorta related, so I'll "dive" into it anyways.

The best GNR performance ever on TV was the MTV VMA's 1988 performance of WTTJ. It signified the climax of GNR as a great live act. They had other shows afterwards, but none would ever top this one. Slash, Axl, even Izzy, "Mr. Invisible" are getting into this song and sounding better together than ever. Axl of course stole the show with a peformance that was truly ROCK N' ROLL, when he's rockin and rollin around the stage. I would even say that that performance of his was the greatest by far of any rock n' roll frontman in history.

The other notable performance was Civil War/Down On The Farm @ Farm Aid 1990.

Finally, what strikes me about the MTV VMA 1992 peformance of Axl with Elton John on November Rain was the look that Axl gives to the camera at the beginning of the song when his and Elton's pianos go up to the stage. He almost gives this look of a mechanized doll. You have to watch it to understand what I am saying, but it is the only time I have ever seen Axl make that look on TV/Film. You could tell that he knew is his heart that that nite would never be topped by GNR again, because being given an award by Queen for the MTV Vanguard Award & performing his hardest song with Elton John on the same nite, his two favorite idols growing up in Music, was a dream come true, especially for a man who only 10 years earlier was a struglgling rock n roll vocalist caught up for the first time in LA with only 1-2 songs written, but a great vision of conquest ahead of him.
 peace
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 11:35:16 PM »

any chance we can get the full length dloads of these performances? Ive only seen clip sof the ones from the old band. Would be greatly appreciated. 88 vmas looks insane

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2005, 11:55:16 PM »

any chance we can get the full length dloads of these performances? Ive only seen clip sof the ones from the old band. Would be greatly appreciated. 88 vmas looks insane

Ill post up the '88 performance (and others) in a few minutes.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2005, 01:49:05 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle (1988 VMAs)

Live & Let Die (1991 VMAs)

November Rain (1992 VMAs)

Free Fallin' (1989 VMAs)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 04:03:44 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
DustNroses
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2005, 05:43:10 AM »

Was the Indiana 91 concert televised or just ripped off??? If so i like how slash fucks up all of the solos to NR really badly. Maybe he was drunk.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2005, 08:29:28 AM »

Well, i like when Axl and Izzy performs with Rolling stones and plays salt of the earth! And the tribute to Freddy perfomanse

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2005, 12:22:08 PM »

Watching those performances really lends perspective to how the band went from one bad ass rock band to a characature, a cartoon like existence.

Thanks for posting Booker.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 12:31:53 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Kitano
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2005, 02:02:18 PM »

Excellent performances.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2005, 04:06:48 PM »

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

i don't want to be a follower here but the '88 VMA's Jungle performance is simple the greatest, rawest performance, and is also by the orginal lineup. That level of instensity is just off the charts, every player was firing on all cylinders and axl was just possessed....

an honorable mention and close second is the tonight show/Fox performance of "used to love her" Axl did a great vocal performance and hearing the electric version was so cool, Slash's solos were awesome i really can't get enough of that performance its alot of fun.

as far as the new lineup....

u can't match the level of excitement/anticapation the '02 VMA performance brings, although sound problems and a winded axl made it a bit rusty. that intro scream is killer tho..... too bad that combined with the being out of breath from running around so much combined with sound problems combined with him being a bit nervous presenting the new band to the mainstream audience for the first time in a while caused his vocals to suffer a great deal.

The '01 Rio version of Jungle is just amazing, this is when axl hits it, and hits it big, too bad he wasn't like that during the VMA's, he was a little out of breath in the beginning but he regained himself by the middle and when he says "do u know where u are rio...etc..."? he sounds almost exactly like the Axl of old and i get goosebumps during the scream he does right after it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 04:16:08 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2005, 06:26:42 AM »

Shit good thread! Wow they were all pretty amazing! But I loved the 92 performance of Nov Rain with Sir Elton and again the performance of Bohemium Rhapsody with Elton and We Will Rock You as well at the Freddie Tribute Concert. I have to say the 2002 performance was pretty fucking cool because it had been so long without seeing the main man on the tv!!

Sir Elthon John,that Sir is soo sad!!!In the world of the rnr that sir didn't excist
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2005, 06:50:40 AM »

Mine is Ritz?88 cuz it's sooo cooooolll i dont know if it was televised live but anyway ok
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: