Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:48:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Favorite Televised GNR Performance?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Televised GNR Performance?  (Read 14268 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« on: August 19, 2005, 12:55:13 AM »

There havent been many, but for me its "Welcome To The Jungle" from the '88 VMAs.? Its the probably the quintessential GNR performance.? "Patience" from the '89 Grammys about as good, and one of the coolest Slash moments I can recall.? That solo is mesmerizing.

So whats your favorite?? Feel free to include the 1990, 1991 and 2002 VMAs.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 12:58:18 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 01:08:28 AM »

one i just remembered which was really cool was the Used To Love Her on arsenio hall ( i think that's correct )...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 01:40:16 AM »

"November Rain" with Elton John at the 1992 VMAs isn't allowed to be listed? Wink

I guess the 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert is one of my favorites. I remember watching it live on tv back in April 1992.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 03:14:38 AM »

i dont know if this is allowed but mine is the Paris Concert on Channel 4 about a week after it was performed although at the time i didnt know it was cut to shit but that was the first time i had seen a "full" Gnr concert  smoking
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 03:42:07 AM »

The 1988 VMA was bad ass.........BAS ASS!!!!! Patience in 89 was pretty cool too with the replacement drummer.
But Axl looked possessed in 88 and Slash was like something very new n cool to people my age. i was born in 1976. they were like this perfect 1-2 combo, better then joe perry and tyler, and dare to say even better then page n plant.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 04:11:01 AM »

a few days after i saw GN'R at milton keynes in 93, mtv showed a bit from that concert when ronnie wood joined them for honkey tonk women. Brought it all flooding back. There was also a show that was shown a few years later on bbc when the book with robert johns photos came out. Had fotage from the european tour, and again featured some milton keynes stuff. Possibly one of the best trips i ever went on. Blind Melon, Soul asylum and the cult opened. Mike monroe(hanoi), Ron wood(stones), gilby(broken arm at time) singing dead flower and izzy back on guitarWhat a fukin show
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 04:12:39 AM »

Shit good thread! Wow they were all pretty amazing! But I loved the 92 performance of Nov Rain with Sir Elton and again the performance of Bohemium Rhapsody with Elton and We Will Rock You as well at the Freddie Tribute Concert. I have to say the 2002 performance was pretty fucking cool because it had been so long without seeing the main man on the tv!!

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 04:32:15 AM »

"Patience" from the '89 Grammys about as good, and one of the coolest Slash moments I can recall.? That solo is mesmerizing.

I've neven seen that one...is there any footage avialable? anyone?

I guess my favorite is Axl and Izzy with Tom Petty at the vma's in 89. I think I must've seen that performance 100 times.

And GNR as a whole, the Paris show in 92 was pretty good.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 05:24:34 AM »

"November Rain" with Elton John at the 1992 VMAs isn't allowed to be listed? Wink

Of course, I only made note of those shows because 1990 was only a few members, 1991 was technically just a GNR concert, and 2002 is the new band.  '88 and '92 seem to be the only "true" GNR VMA performances. 

But  incidentally, Im not a big fan of the '92 VMA performance.  It contains my least favorite elements of UYI-era GNR: backup singers, piano playing atop a motorcycle, synths, an orchestra, etc...not to mention that it simply wasnt the bands best performance.  It was good, but it certainly doesnt hit me like '88s "WTTJ" or '89s "Patience."

I do...albeit in average quality.  Which reminds me...Whats your policy on YouSendIt, Jarmo?  Because Id be glad to share some of these performances, and others could do the same.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 06:32:48 AM »

I do...albeit in average quality. Which reminds me...Whats your policy on YouSendIt, Jarmo? Because Id be glad to share some of these performances, and others could do the same.

As long as the links are to bootlegs and not officially released material, it's fine.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 06:49:15 AM »

"Patience" from the '89 Grammys about as good, and one of the coolest Slash moments I can recall.? That solo is mesmerizing.

I guess my favorite is Axl and Izzy with Tom Petty at the vma's in 89. I think I must've seen that performance 100 times.

And GNR as a whole, the Paris show in 92 was pretty good.

i will try to upload it for you tonight if someone already hasnt  ok
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 07:14:16 AM »

Civil War performed at the 1990 Farm Aid? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 07:20:46 AM »

As long as the links are to bootlegs and not officially released material, it's fine

Very nice, Ill try to get some of these up later toinght.  Id also like to start a YouSendIt thread in the VR forum.

Id personally appreciate it if somebody could post up the Farm Aid performance, as well as the "Used To Love Her."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 07:37:35 AM »

88 MTV VMAS. yes, bad ass. BAD ASS Smiley

mean_machine
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 07:47:46 AM »

down on the farm from live aid

Madrid 2006
Lisbon 2006
Athens 2006
madagas
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 07:54:59 AM »

1. Farm Aid-Civil War and the best, most snarling version of Down on the Farm ever. Civil War was also a brand new song so I almost passed out from excitement-then it kicked ass on top of that. Down on the Farm was easily GNR's most punk moment ever. The entire band looked bad ass as well. Other favs, hard to rank because they are all so good-Axl/Izzy with the Stones and with Tom Petty, Patience at the Grammy's-Don Henley on drums by the way. Everything about the Freddie Tribute but most importantly Axl flying out during the middle of Bohemian Rhap. 1988 Jungle performance at vma's-straight up rock and Axl's vocals were demonic. Ahhh, those were the days. beer
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 08:11:54 AM »

one i just remembered which was really cool was the Used To Love Her on arsenio hall ( i think that's correct )...

Yea, I LOVE that; it was the Fox Late Night Show, but it wasn't Arsenio Hall

My other favorite is 88 VMA's; my favorite live version of WTTJ ever

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
madagas
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 08:24:51 AM »

AHH, It's So Easy and Welcome to the Jungle live at the Ritz 88 when MTV aired a majority of the show. That is my favorite version of Jungle ever. hihi
anythinggoes
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 09:12:30 AM »

As long as the links are to bootlegs and not officially released material, it's fine

Very nice, Ill try to get some of these up later toinght.? Id also like to start a YouSendIt thread in the VR forum.

Id personally appreciate it if somebody could post up the Farm Aid performance, as well as the "Used To Love Her."

ill try to do farm aid tonight give me more info on Used to love her i might have it somewhere
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 09:19:30 AM »

My all-time would be Paris 92.? Slash was on fire at that show.? Followed by Ritz 88, and the Freddie Mercury tribute 92.? Oh, how I wish for those days back. Cry

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: