Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Kanye West
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kanye West  (Read 13123 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: August 19, 2005, 12:00:54 AM »

I haven't been this jazzed about an album coming out in a LONG time... Late Registration comes out August 30th, and I still listen to the first album regularly (way more than anything released in the past 5 years - including Contraband).  I love the new single, "Gold Digger",  I guess this is what Jamie Foxx sounded like in "Ray".

MTV just put up an interview with Kanye, and it's really good...

http://www.mtv.com/bands/w/west_kanye/news_feature_081805/index3.jhtml

I find it interesting that he got over his homophobia after finding out his cousin was gay.  It reminded me of a small rant Michael Moore goes on in Stupid White Men, he prays for all the Republicans to get stuck with someone in their family who is gay (along with a list of other things), so they will change their point of view.  I'm not sure how many VMAs Kanye is nominated for, but I hope he cleans up.  I've never seen an acceptance speech better than his on the Grammys.

Does anyone have an opinion on Kanye?  Looking forward to the album?
POPmetal
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 01:54:23 AM »

Speaking of stupid white men, Michael Moore is so gay.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:51:44 AM »

Michael Moore is legendary

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
POPmetal
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 01:24:26 PM »

Michael Moore is legendary

He's legendarily fat yes
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 05:56:38 PM by POPmetal » Logged
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 01:59:31 PM »

Very impressive, Pop, the best you have is he's fat and gay.  That is really stretching the vocabulary.  Typical Bushite garbage, can't argue the facts so you have to call names.

Kanye rules, looking forward to the new disc.  I heard his work with Common is great, anybody heard it?
POPmetal
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 02:19:22 PM »

Very impressive, Pop, the best you have is he's fat and gay.? That is really stretching the vocabulary.? Typical Bushite garbage, can't argue the facts so you have to call names.

Problem is: there are no facts to argue with. And it's pointless to argue against a liar so when you're talking Michael Moore, it all comes down to the fact that he's gay (at least in the figurative sense) and really, really, really, REALLY, REAAAAAALY fat!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

Very impressive, Pop, the best you have is he's fat and gay.? That is really stretching the vocabulary.? Typical Bushite garbage, can't argue the facts so you have to call names.

Problem is: there are no facts to argue with. And it's pointless to argue against a liar so when you're talking Michael Moore, it all comes down to the fact that he's gay (at least in the figurative sense) and really, really, really, REALLY, REAAAAAALY fat!

hu cares if hes fat and gay?? he told everyone the truth in fahrenheit 9/11 and his other books.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 12:51:30 PM »

hu cares if hes fat and gay?? he told everyone the truth in fahrenheit 9/11 and his other books.

Lol - his version of the 'truth' is closer to what most people consider outright lies

A person that needs to lie and gives an unduly biased spin on everything they say clearly has a rather weak position to speak from....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 01:49:02 PM »

Lol - his version of the 'truth' is closer to what most people consider outright lies

A person that needs to lie and gives an unduly biased spin on everything they say clearly has a rather weak position to speak from....

i completely disagree. if u read his books and watched them movies/documentaries, you'll know exactly what i mean. Most people r assholes-FACT. Most people enjoy reading lies becuz it makes situation more exciting.

n e way, tell me 1 thing positive about george w. bush

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 02:08:12 PM »

Here's one, GW Bush is POSITIVELY the worst president in the history of the US.

Is that positive enough for you?!!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 03:28:21 PM »

Very impressive, Pop, the best you have is he's fat and gay. That is really stretching the vocabulary. Typical Bushite garbage, can't argue the facts so you have to call names.

Kanye rules, looking forward to the new disc. I heard his work with Common is great, anybody heard it?

It's also funny that it's exactly what Kanye was talking about in the interview... people going at him with the "you're gay!" insult.

I have the Common CD and it is really good, probably my second favourite album to come out this year.  It has one major flaw, it is TOO short (about 43 minutes?).  Anyways, Kanye's production is amazing and sometimes takes over center stage from Common.

Here's a link to some of the responses to Kanye's MTV interview:
http://www.mtv.com/news/youtellus/topics/w/west_kanye/082205.jhtml

I think it's very courageous of Kanye West to even speak of the stereotypes he faced as a child and within the hip-hop community. Our youth follow everything that rappers say and do, which is partially why there is so much hatred and ignorance toward many gay people.

This is probably more true than people realize... hopefully Kanye voicing his opinion will help to change things.  Where's all the people saying rap music is only about hoes and bling?  hihi
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 10:08:02 PM »

Very impressive, Pop, the best you have is he's fat and gay.  That is really stretching the vocabulary.  Typical Bushite garbage, can't argue the facts so you have to call names.

man shut up Angry   and fuckin' give it up!!!

ok, Michael Moore is lying Roll Eyes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 01:56:39 PM »

Who you tellin' to shut up?  I am not sticking up for Moore but I am just saying that the gay and fat lines are weak.  So he's fat, your Mom probably is too.  I would have to say that Moore is more of a stretcher of the facts than an outright liar. 
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 04:46:33 PM »

The guy is on fire... In the U.S. he's got the #1 album (platinum after two weeks) and the #1 single with Jamie Foxx (two weeks on Billboard Hot 100 and a bunch of other charts).  The album is getting critical acclaim from pretty much every music review website.  He just annouced a headlining arena tour across North America with Common (who's album he produced which also went gold and got amazing reviews) and now to top it off he's the final opening act on the U2 tour... and he could've done it all without saying "George Bush doesn't care about black people".

So is anyone a fan?  Late Registration is easily my favourite album this year with Common's Be coming in a close second (Not to mention Kanye's debut only came out a year ago, he also produced John Legend's platinum album - this guy works his ASS off!).
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 07:06:34 AM »

The guy is on fire...

I read that the guy broke into tears when he heard from the record label that his music isn't worth of putting it on the record..

I guess he has straighened out..is this guy suppost to be a rapper?
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »

Kanye West just added fuel to the race war in America with that statement

I think a more accurate statement would have been that the government doesnt care about POOR people, regardless of race, the less tax dollars coming in, the less the government is going to care.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 07:41:28 PM »

Kanye West just added fuel to the race war in America with that statement

Race war?!?

U should work for a tabloid with such an ability to over-blow things

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 02:40:44 AM »

I read that the guy broke into tears when he heard from the record label that his music isn't worth of putting it on the record..

I guess he has straighened out..is this guy suppost to be a rapper?

Yeah, he's a rapper... but not in the "bling, hoes & money" sense...

He's confident & passionate about his music, I doubt he "cried" to a record label or anything, but he does feel strongly about taking so long to get support (which is understandable considering the music he's released and how popular it has been).

Maybe Axl should take notes from Kanye... right now he's shooting for 3 albums in 3 years (with a 4th already lined up), and each will certainly be a big hit:

Kanye West has already started work on his next album, but he doesn't want to give up too much about it yet. While he has three songs finished already for his third LP, which he's going to call Graduation, West told MTV Europe that if he talks about what he's planning to do, there will be eight songs out just like that before he gets the chance. He compares the in-the-works Graduation to Jay-Z's The Blueprint, not for its sound, but for the influence it will have. He's hoping to have 12 songs on the album and put it out by the end of next year.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 05:16:27 AM »

Maybe Axl should take notes from Kanye... right now he's shooting for 3 albums in 3 years (with a 4th already lined up), and each will certainly be a big hit:

Maybe he should pace himself and then have one good album  - rap artists love their filler tracks, i.e Dr Dre's 17 an album hihi

I was thinking of picking up some of Kanye's stuff - but if i hear one more idiot rapping about gold chains i think i will finally lose that remaining faith i have in humanity....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 11:21:56 AM »

No filler, all killer!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: