Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:44:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Was Axl making fun of Led Zeppelin in NYC 2002?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was Axl making fun of Led Zeppelin in NYC 2002?  (Read 11512 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 04:01:32 PM »

Hard to compare Zepp to GnR. Zepp recorded two albums in 1969. They toured alot. True, they didnt release singles and didnt like the press so much, but the music was there and you could actually listen to your favorite band put out new albums. that must have been cool for the fans in the 70s. but i think its safe to assume they loved playing, performing, writing, recording....etc. etc.

With Axl....who knows what he loves. does he really love playing, performing, writing, recording.....doesn't really seem like it. but whatever the case may be, two great bands, IMO the 2 best bands of all-time.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 04:04:41 PM »

That IS true.....the GTA:SA commercials have WTTJ.....hhhmmm......

Plant introduces Page....Page plays intro WTTJ riff to fuck around...Plant says " Its a video game "

In the past few years, I have slowed down on GnR news...can someone tell me....how was Jungle used for GTA? is it in fact true that Axl sold his rights to GnR catalogue to Sanctuary?Huh
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 04:09:09 PM »

In the past few years, I have slowed down on GnR news...can someone tell me....how was Jungle used for GTA? is it in fact true that Axl sold his rights to GnR catalogue to Sanctuary?Huh

Yes , he did sell "publishing" rights.

And btw , axl himself was a voice actor for the videogame.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 04:19:47 PM »

OK, I'm gonna end all the bullshit about why R&R was played at MSG.  Brain played it because Zeps AT landmark sell-out at MSG in the early 70's, Boham started their set with R&R, it's on "The Song Remains The Same DVD".  thats obviously why Brain did that when he was introduced.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 04:20:42 PM »

Yes , he did sell "publishing" rights.

And btw , axl himself was a voice actor for the videogame.

and publishing rights is only the rights to publish lyrics and musical notation in books and whatnot not sell the songs themselves

Besides GTA is wayyy cooler than Cadillac ?Smiley cuz in GTA you can kill things and stuff ?hihi

if you kill things with a Cadillac your grampa will get in trouble rofl

good point Saul but if GTA doesn't rebel against the system I don't know what does, and that's what Rock n Roll is all about... rebellion

Not an old guy in a car with heated seats and headlight wipers

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 04:22:41 PM »

? Oh man, we are really grasping for straws for something to talk about. ?It was a joke, an aside, a person stating the obvious...I don't think Axl gives 2 shits what Led Zeppelin does with their music. ?I'm sure he respects the music they made and that's that.

? My personal opinion? ?I think Rock n' Roll in the Caddy commercial is cool. ?30 years ago, that band was considered Satanic or linked to the occult. ?Then 25 years ago it was Kiss. ?The second I heard the commercial I laughed to my wife and said Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People will be in a mainstream commercial in another 15 years. ? Cheesy

-Axl4Prez2004 ? peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 04:45:45 PM »

Marylin Manson is a very intelligent guy. He far to be stupid.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 04:46:31 PM »

He just said it was a car commercial because that song was the song for Cadillacs. ?Big deal. ?I am pretty sure he wasn't making fun of Led Zep. ?It's funny that people analyze everything Axl says.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
darkmonth
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 06:12:01 PM »

Rock and roll is supposed to rebel against the system and now rock icons (Zepplin) are helping to sell cadillacs to rich old people. think about it

But Axl's not in a rock and roll band, so he's obviously nothing to do with this....
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 06:26:14 PM »

Marylin Manson is a very intelligent guy. He far to be stupid.

Nesquick, I didn't mean to imply that Marilyn Manson is stupid.  I just think it's cool to note that mainstream society lags behind cutting edge artists...by about 20 to 30 years at times!  Right now, I'd settle for ANY GNR exposure!    Cool

-Axl4Prez2004

PS  CowboyBuddha, who's the hot chick on your avatar?  Just curious. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2005, 06:44:13 PM »

Everytime I walk into Walgreens they are playing SCOM.  It's been a regular on the ceiling speakers for about a month.  Right up there with elevator music.  Wonder how that happen?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2005, 07:16:53 PM »

Everytime I walk into Walgreens they are playing SCOM. It's been a regular on the ceiling speakers for about a month. Right up there with elevator music. Wonder how that happen?

Chinese Democracy Starts Now.

but he introduce brain to the camera?
can somebody upload this parto on the net? didn?t know that Axl showed up on the dvd

What DVD are you talking about? Led Zep's DVD? Come on man, Axl was like between 7 and 18 when LZ was at their height. He didn't appear on LZ's DVD. We are talking about GN'R's MSG show (12.05.2002), which exists on an unofficial DVD format (audience shot). Wink

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2005, 07:25:06 PM »

This thread has got me wondering why I even bothered comming into this section...

...Making fun? What the fuck? How old are you, eleven? 'Making fun'?

No. He was joking. As in it was a joke. And....Oh, I can't talk anymore.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005, 07:48:15 PM »

neemo, i actually agree with you. i dont want to think of SCOM every time i see an ad for Match.com or think of Paradise City everytime there is a commercial for Florida real estate.

but...

was Axl making fun of the mighty led zeppelin, live, on stage, at Madison Square Garden??? That's kinda fucked up. As much as i love Axl, zeppelin are like the GodFathers, they demand respect.

i think he was just voicing his dissapproval at that decision, cuz he is working soo hard so that it doesn't happen to GnR material

It is possible SADIS, i don't know much about zepplin so that could be. I don't think so though, we would probably have seen something on the news about it if Led Zepplin were against selling their music to Cadillac

I have to disagree; if Axl cared so much, he wouldn't have sold his share of the rights to GNR's songs to Sanctuary.

There are two reasons IMO that Axl did this. #1 to get more time and more for CD.
#2 because now slash and duff have to sue Sanctuary which has deeper pockets and not just axl for the rights to the back catalog of gnr songs.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2005, 01:06:07 AM »

FYI - all 3 remaining members of Zep had to meet and agree as majority to sell the song to Cadillac.  Later, Robert Plant expressed some regret at the decision they made.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
elmir
VIP

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2005, 04:37:35 AM »

This thread has got me wondering why I even bothered comming into this section...

...Making fun? What the fuck? How old are you, eleven? 'Making fun'?

No. He was joking. As in it was a joke. And....Oh, I can't talk anymore.

hihi

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2005, 08:36:42 AM »

for fucks sake. it's just a little off the cuff remark.

You people get far too involved in the tiniest little things.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2005, 08:54:30 AM »

for fucks sake. it's just a little off the cuff remark.

You people get far too involved in the tiniest little things.

Right on 2na right on!

Like honestly is your lives that pathetic that you guys have to argue if Axl joked dissed Led Zeppelin or not. Who gives a flying fuck!

Leave the guy fucking alone and stop making retarded threads.

insert stupid internet lingo:

LIKE OMG AXL IZ SO BAD @SS 4 BASHING LED ZEPPELIN THEY R DA GR8STEST  RAWK BAND EVA! HOW COULD HE MAKE AN OFF COLOR REMARK LIKE DAT!

Fuck! sign

Fuck All Y'all
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2005, 08:54:46 AM »

I've gotta say, as a huge fan of both GN'R and Led Zeppelin, that I was pretty fuckin shocked when I heard Axl saying that.

Just kidding guys, relax! Grin

SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2005, 02:57:15 AM »

Is he making fun of Led Zeppelin or just joking? Is it possible that Axl has a sense of humor?

/jarmo

Is it possible people are really stretching to create a thread??  hihi

yes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: