Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Was Axl making fun of Led Zeppelin in NYC 2002?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was Axl making fun of Led Zeppelin in NYC 2002?  (Read 11525 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: August 18, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »

I was there and also saw it on the dvd bootleg....when he is introducing the band, he says "Brain" and brain starts to play the intro to Rock n Roll by Zeppelin. And axl says, sarcastically, "Its a car commercial"

all i can say is...atleast they are doing something wit htheir music. not that they have to, they fuckin are led fuckin zeppelin!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:32:09 PM »

it's called being a sellout? Shocked

do you really wanna think of a fucking car or pepsi or a stupid movie or something everytime you hear Paradise City or Sweet Child?? nervous I don't, that's what slash and duff want though, as much cash as possible by exploiting classic GnR tunes

Rock and roll is supposed to rebel against the system and now rock icons (Zepplin) are helping to sell cadillacs to rich old people. think about it

you hit the nail right on the head though. why sell the song to a corporation, they are Led fucking Zepplin. they don't need exposure like that people will buy and listen to their music regardless

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 01:40:38 PM »

Axl doesn't have room to make fun of anybody, he's the laughing stock of the rock world now, more so than Fred Durst.  At least Durst puts albums out, shitty as they may be.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 01:48:40 PM »

Axl doesn't have room to make fun of anybody, he's the laughing stock of the rock world now, more so than Fred Durst.? At least Durst puts albums out, shitty as they may be.

axl always as something to say about somebody, almost everyshow he rants about someone or something, why would that time be any different.

I don't think he's a laughing stock...  he's a non-entity. he doesn't exist in the rock world right now.  Fred Durst hasn't made waves since Limp's 3rd album why drag his sorry ass into this topic?  Undecided

W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 01:48:58 PM »

neemo, i actually agree with you. i dont want to think of SCOM every time i see an ad for Match.com or think of Paradise City everytime there is a commercial for Florida real estate.

but...

was Axl making fun of the mighty led zeppelin, live, on stage, at Madison Square Garden??? That's kinda fucked up. As much as i love Axl, zeppelin are like the GodFathers, they demand respect.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 01:49:23 PM »

on the Zeppelin DVD Axl was filmed !?!?

SADIS
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 01:52:56 PM »

Maybe Led Zeppelin don't own the publishing rights to their own songs and therefore have nothing to say about who can or cannot use their music?

I don't know but that a possibility since they are from the time that a lot of bands signed bad contracts.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 01:55:39 PM »

neemo, i actually agree with you. i dont want to think of SCOM every time i see an ad for Match.com or think of Paradise City everytime there is a commercial for Florida real estate.

but...

was Axl making fun of the mighty led zeppelin, live, on stage, at Madison Square Garden??? That's kinda fucked up. As much as i love Axl, zeppelin are like the GodFathers, they demand respect.

i think he was just voicing his dissapproval at that decision, cuz he is working soo hard so that it doesn't happen to GnR material

It is possible SADIS, i don't know much about zepplin so that could be. I don't think so though, we would probably have seen something on the news about it if Led Zepplin were against selling their music to Cadillac

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 01:57:51 PM »

True, nonentity would be more accurate. ?Durst was brought up because when I think of somebody being a joke I think Durst. ?Axl has become a joke to me. ?I would have rather seen him OD and die than to sit through 12 years of BS.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 02:08:24 PM »

The mighty Zep sold the rights to that one song just to be used for Cadillac.  Please don't disrespect the greatest band ever to walk the earth.  Thanks. ok

W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 02:12:46 PM »

Gild...thats a fucked up remark. we'll all pretend you didnt say that. someone not releasing music vs. wanting them dead are two separate things dude. i personally wish William Bailey the best, but I wish Axl Rose would release CD already.

with regards to Zeppelin...im sure they own their music, or atleast some blues men like Willie Dixon do! LOLOL. but seriously, if you're reading this and have never got too into zeppelin, please try again. they are AMAZING>. I suggest buying the first album, and fourth album if you're on a budget. (or just download these songs lolol)

1. Babe Im Gonna Leave You. from LZ I....amazing song. (joan baez anyone? lol) this song is crucial to any LZ catalogue.
2. Since Ive Been Loving You......OMG, an intense, awesome work.
3. How Many More Times......catchy, awesome 1969 classic

there are so many, we could all type for days. i prefer the earlier zeppelin...the blues-rock infusion, but the older stuff was cool too.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 02:21:57 PM »

Jimmy Page completely owns Led Zeppelin all the rites...or so I believe..Plant mite be in on it too.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 02:33:34 PM »

I dont think he was making fun of them at all. Zeppelin is one of his favorite bands and Rock and Roll is one of his favorite Zeppelin songs. He even used to sing it in the 80s. I'm pretty sure he was just saying how he was disappointed that it was used in a car commercial. Not making fun of them. Even I was mad that Rock And Roll was used in that commercial, it was stupid, the song has nothing to do with Cadillacs, and for people that will bash me, Zeppelin is my second favorite band.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 02:39:49 PM »

If i can only listen to two bands for the rest of my life, without a doubt Led Zeppelin is the other band! Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »

As far as I remember he's introducing Brain who then plays the drum intro to "Rock & Roll". Axl then comments on that saying it's a car commercial.

Is he making fun of Led Zeppelin or just joking? Is it possible that Axl has a sense of humor?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 03:34:59 PM »

but he introduce brain to the camera?
can somebody upload this parto on the net? didn?t know that Axl showed up on the dvd

jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 03:44:12 PM »

I thought it was just sort of a joke since it's one of the best and most well known Zeppelin songs, but there are still people who will hear and and think "Hey that's in a car commercial" not even knowing what it is.
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 03:51:12 PM »

but...

i think he was just voicing his dissapproval at that decision, cuz he is working soo hard so that it doesn't happen to GnR material

It is possible SADIS, i don't know much about zepplin so that could be. I don't think so though, we would probably have seen something on the news about it if Led Zepplin were against selling their music to Cadillac

I have to disagree; if Axl cared so much, he wouldn't have sold his share of the rights to GNR's songs to Sanctuary.

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
MikeB
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 03:55:06 PM »

I don't care how much I love Led Zep, Axl is a funny guy.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 04:01:12 PM »

Let us not forget , WTTJ is the theme song for a freaking videogame commercial.

I'm sure Axl was just joking , as he has said countless times in interviews how much he loves Led Zep's music.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: