Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:25:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Questions for the next person to see a band member
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions for the next person to see a band member  (Read 1897 times)
Fretzo
Headliner

Ground control to Major Tom

« on: August 17, 2005, 05:55:48 PM »

I know that Dizzy and Richard are on the road and some of you board members may get to see them or talk to them.  They won't be coming to my small middle of nowhere town but I have just two questions that they can actually answer that will make up for the lack of news lately.

When was the last time you recorded anything for Chinese Democracy?
- I bet it'll be 2-3 years

Does Axl still work on the CD regularly?

They will be able to answer the first one for sure and hopefully the second one as well.

Can anyone who will be seeing them please try to get my questions answered?

Thanks,
Fretzo
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 06:28:39 PM »

Good questions, but no one will ever ask them. Even if they did, you wouldn't get an answer. There's nothing positive about the situation, and Richard, Tommy, and Dizzy are not about to drop a bombshell. This is why Sp1at asks them shit like what their favorite color is and what color the sky is today.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:09:28 PM »

the only one who can answer is axl himself !

the one an only horsey !
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 07:27:45 PM »

I think there won't be anything new. I wouldn't bother them by asking non stop GN'R questions. Leave them alone, when? a GN'R news will drop, we will be informed and that's it. No need to track the bandmembers. Just go to the show and enjoy. That's the way I see it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Kitano
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 09:09:23 AM »

I think there won't be anything new. I wouldn't bother them by asking non stop GN'R questions. Leave them alone, when? a GN'R news will drop, we will be informed and that's it. No need to track the bandmembers. Just go to the show and enjoy. That's the way I see it.

What other reason is there to go to a dizzy reed show?  His "music"? Roll Eyes
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 09:25:04 AM »

good questions, i say "ask away"!

what's wrong with asking member of GNR questions about GNR?! they're in the band and so should expect people who meet them to ask questions about it. if they don't want to answer then fine, but i think they have to - and probably do - expect to get asked these questions.

i really don't see the problem with asking them GNR releated questions if you're luck enough to get the chance to talk to them.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 09:30:27 AM »

What other reason is there to go to a dizzy reed show?? His "music"? Roll Eyes

How 'bout to have a good fuckin' time with kick ass performances of songs from GN'R, Aerosmith, The Stones, etc....

...but I guess you don't concider that real "music", huh?

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 09:31:05 AM »

I think there won't be anything new. I wouldn't bother them by asking non stop GN'R questions. Leave them alone, when  a GN'R news will drop, we will be informed and that's it. No need to track the bandmembers. Just go to the show and enjoy. That's the way I see it.

What other reason is there to go to a dizzy reed show?  His "music"? Roll Eyes

Have you even heard any of his music? If not shut up please  Kiss
Kitano
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 09:52:41 AM »

What other reason is there to go to a dizzy reed show?? His "music"? Roll Eyes

Have you even heard any of his music? If not shut up please? Kiss

I have, therefore I commented. Grin
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 10:09:14 AM »

I think we need to put more pressure on everyone associated with this band to give us answers.  We've been polite for the past 8 YEARS!  Even if the member doesn't know anything, we should just let them know this wait is a bunch of crap.  We should be nice to them, but definately put the pressure on these guys to spill the beans some.  It's like getting foreplay for the last 8 years.  We need to get off on some Chinese Democracy.   Cheesy             

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 10:39:48 AM »

ohhh... yeah that will work thorazine.... umm no wait, it wont.  The majority of people here are considered a loyal fan base and whether it is released tomorrow or another 8 years from now they know you will buy it.  I doubt they care what you and most of the people on this board think about the wait.  Hell, I think Axl himself could actually post on this board that everybody here is a douche and you would all still be first in line.  They really dont care.
Fretzo
Headliner

Ground control to Major Tom

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 10:54:51 AM »

They're probably tired of getting questions about the release date, the next tour, and the status of Axl's hair but they might enjoy answering these questions because for once they will have the answers instead of having to say "I don't know"
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 10:56:45 AM »

ohhh... yeah that will work thorazine.... umm no wait, it wont.? The majority of people here are considered a loyal fan base and whether it is released tomorrow or another 8 years from now they know you will buy it.? I doubt they care what you and most of the people on this board think about the wait.? Hell, I think Axl himself could actually post on this board that everybody here is a douche and you would all still be first in line.? They really dont care.

Well, read my post again. ?All i'm saying is that we perhaps need to be a little more pro-active in getting info from these guys other than asking them what their favorite color is. ?Of course we'll buy it. ?thats a stupid and redundant remark. ?That still doesnt mean that we're not fed-up with waiting. ?And it will work, what other band does not let their fans know whats going on? ?If the fans raise enough hell things can change.  thats all i'm saying.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 10:58:18 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 12:13:25 PM »

thorazine, I have talked about this before, but I think the best way to 'put pressure' on Axl and GNR is by NOT buying anymore merchandise.  No more shirts, CD's, necklaces, pants, etc...  If you stop giving him money it may either 1) force him to release the CD because he is running out of money necessary for his lifestyle or 2) scare him into releasing it as quick as possible because of his perception of a fed up and dwindling fanbase.

But there are too many people who can't go without their GNR pajama pants or Rose basketball jerseys so I doubt this will ever have an effect.  So in a way I do agree with you by putting pressure on them, but in my opinion the only way to do so is by hitting them financially. 
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 12:20:26 PM »

thorazine, I have talked about this before, but I think the best way to 'put pressure' on Axl and GNR is by NOT buying anymore merchandise.? No more shirts, CD's, necklaces, pants, etc...? If you stop giving him money it may either 1) force him to release the CD because he is running out of money necessary for his lifestyle or 2) scare him into releasing it as quick as possible because of his perception of a fed up and dwindling fanbase.

But there are too many people who can't go without their GNR pajama pants or Rose basketball jerseys so I doubt this will ever have an effect.? So in a way I do agree with you by putting pressure on them, but in my opinion the only way to do so is by hitting them financially.?

Well, your idea is certainly being pro-active which is what I am in support of.  But, aside from the Greatest Hits CD, which none of the die-hards bought because GNR was not in support of it, there really is not much we can do financially because people don't really buy much merchandise from GNR because really theres not much to buy anymore.  nor is there any albums to support.  I feel we can't influence anything financially.  I could be wrong though.

Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 12:32:04 PM »

thorazine, I have talked about this before, but I think the best way to 'put pressure' on Axl and GNR is by NOT buying anymore merchandise.  No more shirts, CD's, necklaces, pants, etc...  If you stop giving him money it may either 1) force him to release the CD because he is running out of money necessary for his lifestyle or 2) scare him into releasing it as quick as possible because of his perception of a fed up and dwindling fanbase.

This theory doesn't work either.... and I'll tell you why. The 02 tour was clearly an indicator that casual fans don't give a fuck about GnR and Axl's tantrums anymore and aren't rushing to the ticket office to see a show. Maybe with the release of CD this will change... but clearly Axl hasn't been in a hurry to find out.

I say ask them only questions about CD and GnR. If you don't care about them as solo artists then let them know the only reason you are interested in them is because of their involvement with CD.

Just my 2 cents.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: