Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy's 'Big surprise special guest' & 2005 VMAs???
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy's 'Big surprise special guest' & 2005 VMAs???  (Read 9030 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: August 16, 2005, 04:34:03 PM »

Yeah...I know...but this is the slowest the GN'R News Camp has been in years.

So, without further ado...

From www.dizzyreed.com

I am coming back to Rumrunners again in beautful Sandestin,FL. for the 4th of July weekend.
Coming Labor Day Weekend: Same place, same concept BIG surprise special guest!!

From http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050816/ap_en_mu/mtv_video_awards

"2005 MTV Video Music Awards," to be presented Aug. 28 at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.
"This year's VMAs will have more music and more performances than ever before."

Think there's a reason why Dizzy's in Florida the weekend following the VMA's (which are also in Florida)? Think Dizzy's 'surprise' could be something bigger than we expect?

Probably not...but it caught my eye and I thought I'd share. Either way...I'm there for some HN'B at Foxwoods again on the 9th!!!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 04:45:17 PM »

I hope someone can get a shred of news off him at one of these shows.  The lack of news is getting frustrating.  See if you can get any info off him.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 04:45:33 PM »

July 4th
August ?28th

That is an 8 week difference ok

OK, I didnt read all of the first part. Anyway Sandestin to Miami is a far distance even though it is in the same state. Dont hold your breath
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 04:49:11 PM by kujo » Logged

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 04:47:55 PM »

I hope someone can get a shred of news off him at one of these shows.?

Don't be rediculous hihi
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 04:49:34 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 04:49:39 PM »

July 4th
August  28th

That is an 8 week difference ok

OK, I didnt read all of the first part. Anyway Sandestin to Miami is a far distance even though it is in the same state. Dont hold your breath

Coming Labor Day Weekend: Same place, same concept BIG surprise special guest!! Which is the first weekend in September.....
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 04:57:39 PM »

don think so that the suprise will be a VMA appearance...  but we just have to wait and see.. evrything can happens

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 05:00:42 PM »

Deja Vu?? Earlier this year we heard the same shit about Dizzy having a "Surprise special guest" at one of his shows. It was bullshit last time, and its bullshit now. When are people going to realize that Dizzy does this kind of shit to promote his own career?

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 05:32:49 PM »

I dont understand,,   What was the question before dizzy replied with that statement.  Otherwise I dont see how anyone can tell what the hell he is talkin about.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 05:41:36 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks it would be a dumb idea to do the VMA thing again?  What are they gonna do the same surprise thing and play the same songs?  That's so lame.  Its like Axl's saying..."remember 2002?  Well don't...forget that happened.  That was practice, this one is real."

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 05:57:38 PM »

i think its a good idea if he announces a actual release date, otherwise forget it.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 06:00:53 PM »

If Axl ever does the VMA's again without CD, he wil literally be laughed off the stage. And an Axl temper tantrum wont cause a riot either, because people will be so busy laughing they wont give a fuck.

estranged.1098
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 06:10:10 PM »

If Axl ever does the VMA's again without CD, he wil literally be laughed off the stage. And an Axl temper tantrum wont cause a riot either, because people will be so busy laughing they wont give a fuck.

Laughed off stage? Are you for real?
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 06:12:03 PM »

I was thinkin' the other day about if GN'R DID perform at the VMA's this year. ?Like, out of nowhere, after an award acceptance or something, on the screen you see old clips of GN'R, and at the end they show the '02 performance with Axl saying "Round One" and you hear it over and over, getting lower and lower, then suddenly a deep voice says "Round Two", and Axl and Co. play new songs never heard before, ending with the release date of Chinese Democracy on the screen. ?

I can dream, can't I? =)

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 06:28:33 PM »

I was thinkin' the other day about if GN'R DID perform at the VMA's this year. ?Like, out of nowhere, after an award acceptance or something, on the screen you see old clips of GN'R, and at the end they show the '02 performance with Axl saying "Round One" and you hear it over and over, getting lower and lower, then suddenly a deep voice says "Round Two", and Axl and Co. play new songs never heard before, ending with the release date of Chinese Democracy on the screen. ?

I can dream, can't I? =)

Nice dream.  I would just like a commercial like the VMA's in 99 for "Oh My God".  Maybe a commercial abnnouncing a release date.  But after the rumors last year of a commercial went bust I'm not gonna watch the VMA like I did that year.  To many horrible bands and way to many Hip-Hop and R&B acts.  And who knows whats going on in GNR these days.  Hell, even us die-hards are out of the loop. Undecided

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 06:32:15 PM »

James u say the dumbest and most negative shit sometimes, I wish this board had a squelch button sometimes.

Almost Famous
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 06:35:54 PM »

I'd love for it to be Josh Todd. Buckcherry is the greatest band since GN'R in my opinion. I can't wait to hear the stuff that JT and Dizzy have been working on...

The new Buckcherry album drops in Japan on Oct 5th and in North America (and I assume worldwide) in the early months of 2006... SO PUMPED.

I don't really even care so much about GN'R right now. It's been so long since anything happened that I'm just focused on what's really tangible now. Buckcherry baby. And Louis XIV.

Boo ya.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 07:10:17 PM »

Does Dizzy appear on Buckcherry's upcomming album?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Almost Famous
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 07:26:33 PM »

Does Dizzy appear on Buckcherry's upcomming album?

Not that I know of. But anything is possible. It's also produced by MISTER Bob Rock. It'll sound huge.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 08:06:39 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks it would be a dumb idea to do the VMA thing again?? What are they gonna do the same surprise thing and play the same songs?? That's so lame.? Its like Axl's saying..."remember 2002?? Well don't...forget that happened.? That was practice, this one is real."

I agree, he had his chance in 2002 at the VMAs to make a huge return and impact and it was disastrous. In short, he made a right tit of himself. So to repeat that, he would need to be in absolute vintage form and I just dont see that happening. I really think Axl is a studio musician these days, his live singing days may well have ended in 02.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 08:09:39 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 08:17:25 PM »

I'm just hoping Axl goes to the VMA's and makes an announcement.? That's the most probable situation IMO.

The Devil hates a loser
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: