Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the ideal gn'r comeback situation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the ideal gn'r comeback situation  (Read 8803 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 05:23:18 PM »

I hear you.  I admit I am a bit impatient for a reunion.  Axl never releasing CD would definitely tarnish his career big time.  But I think him never releasing CD or reuniting with the old band tarnishes it even more.  If he reunites without ever releasing CD, it'll make him look somewhat untalented, but if he never does anything again it'll make him not only look untalented, it'll cement everyone's view that he was friggin' insane too.  Eventually CD has to stop being taken into consideration, cause if this delay lasts too much longer, its never coming out.  I'd rather have everyone's memories of Axl be of someone who couldn't do it without his old band, than someone who couldn't do it at all.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 05:52:57 PM »

Rob, I agree with that. But I would take your not coming out statement one step further. I think if it isnt out by year's end, its never coming out. I know that gets said every year, but this time its true. There's no logic behind another year of delays. Fan frustration is at an all time high. If we drift into 2006 and its the same old shit about 'Maybe in March, maybe in July,' then ' oh wait, its gonna be in November' and shit like 'He might do Rio' and ' surprise VMA performance, then Chinese Democracy is over. There's no reason to wait another year. He's been working on this since 97-98. If he needs an extra year of excuses, then it proves the album isn't loaded with "Big Guns" and it probably isn't even close to being a classic. Did Led Zeppelin sit on Physical Graffiti for 8 years? Did Pink Floyd sit on The Wall for 8 years? Absolutely not. You dont sit on masterpieces, you release them. Alot of people are going to walk away from this when January comes with no CD.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 06:57:20 PM »

If he needs an extra year of excuses, then it proves the album isn't loaded with "Big Guns" and it probably isn't even close to being a classic. Did Led Zeppelin sit on Physical Graffiti for 8 years? Did Pink Floyd sit on The Wall for 8 years? Absolutely not. You dont sit on masterpieces, you release them.

I realize you're just speculating/comparing for conversations sake, but does any rational fan even realistically expect anything remotely comparible to the above?

I mean c'mon, we're talking about a guy whose never been a solitary creative force whose surrounded himself with players (although talented) who've never exactly been known for their songwriting skills within the framework of their prior bands.

Hell, I'd be happy with a solid, focused album with a couple of good singles and a completed tour...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2005, 07:16:19 PM »

Hell, I'd be happy with a solid, focused album with a couple of good singles and a completed tour...

Didn't you mention once that you'd "be happy with a solid, focused album" in the veign of Nirvana's In Utero?

'cause I think both you and I know that ain't happening.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2005, 07:33:32 PM »

Didn't you mention once that you'd "be happy with a solid, focused album" in the veign of Nirvana's In Utero?

I'm sure I've mentioned something along the lines? "solid/focused" before,? not sure about any specific "In Utero" reference though.

'cause I think both you and I know that ain't happening.

Nope, don't think we'll be seeing any stripped down/low fi Steve Albini type of offering from an 8 piece..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2005, 08:08:31 PM »

and i think slash and duff and all of them were holding axl back from what he really wanted to do and experiment with..

Yeah, all those albums and tours with the old band were holding Axl back from being able to voice characters in video games.? You people make me laugh.? We should be happy with what we have?? What exactly do we have?? One dissapointment of a band that completely wasted their talent on their first album, and another group of jobbers headed by Axl that haven't done jack shit.? You'd take that over the greatest band of all-time...which is what GN'R was in their heyday.? If the real GN'R got back together I would forget about CD in a matter of seconds, and so would all of you.

Amen to that. One of the truest posts Ive read in a long time

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2005, 08:13:41 PM »

and i think slash and duff and all of them were holding axl back from what he really wanted to do and experiment with..

Yeah, all those albums and tours with the old band were holding Axl back from being able to voice characters in video games.? You people make me laugh.? We should be happy with what we have?? What exactly do we have?? One dissapointment of a band that completely wasted their talent on their first album, and another group of jobbers headed by Axl that haven't done jack shit.? You'd take that over the greatest band of all-time...which is what GN'R was in their heyday.? If the real GN'R got back together I would forget about CD in a matter of seconds, and so would all of you.

we're lucky we have fucking anything, honestly. axl doesn't owe anyone shit. he doesn't have to release fucking anything if he doesn't want to.? the fact that he is spending so much time perfecting something he wants to unleash to the world is testament enough that he cares enough to deliver a quality product.? personally, i definitely wouldn't forget about CD if the original gn'r were reuniting.. why are people so fixated on that?? the original gn'r had their time. it's fucking over dude. there's so much bad blood and shit going around it would be impressive if they could have a civilised conversation let alone a bloody reunion. and for who? the fans?? you, nor i nor anyone has even heard cd, even if it has taken so bloody long, this is axl.. gn'r, and a lot of their songs and things were axl's brainchild. so what if it takes a long time? art takes as long as it needs to. axl's an artist, dude.. so you can't legitimately make any remarks about anyone forgetting about CD because no one has even bloody heard it. personally, there's a lot of songs that i love of the new gn'r (the blues, madagascar especially) and i think it's going to shape up to be something very beautiful. you can't rush this shit.

tell me i'm deluding myself all you like.. but i'm just as frustrated as anyone else about the wait, and everything... but seriously, some fans need to stop acting like spoiled brats... have patience, and it will be worth the wait.

and this reunion stuff, i wish all of that talk/ daydreaming would stop.
even if they did, it would never be what it once was.

brilliance doens't just materialize
and you can't just expect things because you feel entitled to it
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 08:23:20 PM by spacebrain5000 » Logged

robots.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2005, 10:09:44 PM »

The Ideal Gn'R comeback for would be VR finishing up their tour for their second album and taking a break.  Scott gets back with STP for a reunion tour and Axl, Slash, and Duff realize what they had.... Then they decide to do a small tour and see what happens. Then they call Izzy and try really hard to convince him to give it a shot.  If not they could use Kushner, Fortus or even Gilby.  I really do not give a crap who is on drums, but I would prefer it not be Matt. In a perfect world, or atleast my perfect world they Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven would all be there.  I really think Steven could handle it and if he couldn't they have guys who know the songs.....

Dust N Rose
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 08:48:39 AM »

There's no logic behind another year of delays. Fan frustration is at an all time high. If we drift into 2006 and its the same old shit about 'Maybe in March, maybe in July,' then ' oh wait, its gonna be in November' and shit like 'He might do Rio' and ' surprise VMA performance, then Chinese Democracy is over. There's no reason to wait another year. Alot of people are going to walk away from this when January comes with no CD.

True.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 05:32:26 PM »

Spacebrain, no album should take this long.  The time for "patience" is over, buddy.  It can't possibly be worth the wait.  I can't believe some of you people don't see the absolute ridiculousness of this situation.  Just for comedic value, what do you think is gonna happen, Spacebrain?  How do you envision Axl going about releasing CD?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2005, 07:00:43 PM »

wellllllllllllll maybe you're right, and patience isn't the right word...
have faith i guess... at least for a little while longer..
if you want.
but feel free to be miserable about the state of gn'r and that cd is gonna suck and is never gonna come out, and everything of that nature, feel free.

and for your comedic entertainment
i think....
well i don't really know.
it's pretty bleak..
i can just hope really.
hope a lot.
that it will be released sometime in the next millenia.
i'll be around until the end of this year and if nothing happens, stop fixating on it and go abouts with my life...
i'm counting on november. if no album, then at least some news.
i'm a little iffy if it will happen... it seems hopeless right now i know.. i do believe eventually, it will come.
i want a cd as badly as anyone
but people here are going out of their minds waiting for it. out of their bloody minds...

i make art, i consider myself an artist of sorts, which is the only reason i give axl any credence really... but i really think that if an artist is given, as many materials as he likes, as much time as he likes, to do whatever he likes... we're in for something amazing. i truly believe this. axl wrote estranged and november rain single handedly.... i did mean what i said about not rushing anything. of course i didn't anticipate it would take this bloody long for an album either...

robots.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 08:48:08 PM »

The ideal  comeback situation has  come and gone. If and when CD is  released  it  will be an uphill battle  to overcome all the bad press and vibes from the last  failed  tour.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2005, 06:55:04 AM »

Falcon, I don't think CD will come close to Physical Graffiti or The Wall. To be honest, years ago I actually thought it could be. But then reality set in. If Axl has to constantly tweek on a song, then that song has problems.  Another thing that proves it wont be a masterpiece is the songs we've already heard. I really like the song CD, but the only real highlight so far is The Blues. Axl's response to the lukewarm reviews to his new material was that he had a bunch of "Big Guns" saved up. Yeah right. I think CD can be an album we all love, but its not going to change the world like some people here believe. This "CD changing the world" attitude is one of the reasons we're still sitting here with no CD. So if CD cant be GNR's 'Physical Graffiti', maybe it can be their 'Led Zep III' or 'Houses of the Holy'. I would be happy with that.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2005, 03:55:32 PM »

I admire your faith, Spacebrain.  I gave up on CD a while ago.  I'd like to be optimistic about it, but I can't.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2005, 09:42:24 PM »

if you have no faith, why are you here? if it's gonna suck so bad, why waste your time, right?
are you concerned that it will suck or that it will just never come out?

morbid curiosity?

i think that when it does come.. it's gonna be good.. real good..
i love that axl does his own way about things.. you know, at least when it does come out, the bloody cd is gonna be monumental. one of the most anticipated albums of all time... not just some lame ass shit he crapped out one day.
this is the goods. it has to be....

though i don't know what axl gains from constantly waiting.. if that is what he's doing.. who knows..

robots.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2005, 10:02:38 PM »

if you have no faith, why are you here?

to discuss GN'R with other people around the world. face it, many have lost faith in the CD, but they come here to deiscuss GN'R before they burned out. Theres nothing wrong with that.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2005, 01:58:45 AM »

if you have no faith, why are you here?

to discuss GN'R with other people around the world. face it, many have lost faith in the CD, but they come here to deiscuss GN'R before they burned out. Theres nothing wrong with that.

Exactly NIB.  But to answer your question, Spacebrain, I think that if Axl were to release it it would be good.  I don't think it will be on the level of old GN'R stuff, and I don't think it will be some groundbreaking monumental masterpiece...but I do think it will be a good album.  I just don't think we're ever gonna hear it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Kitano
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2005, 02:08:49 PM »

I admire your faith, Spacebrain.? I gave up on CD a while ago.? I'd like to be optimistic about it, but I can't.

I've pretty much given up as well.  It has seemed that something was just about to happen for the past three years.  At some point you have to start asking the difficult questions and I honestly don't see any reason to be optimistic at all.  People say, "it has to happen soon" but we've been hearing that since the 2002 tour was announced and nothing has happened.  If the album ever does get released i'll buy it but i'm no longer waiting for or expecting its release.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2005, 12:39:55 PM »

wellllllllllllll maybe you're right, and patience isn't the right word...
have faith i guess... at least for a little while longer..
if you want.
but feel free to be miserable about the state of gn'r and that cd is gonna suck and is never gonna come out, and everything of that nature, feel free.

and for your comedic entertainment
i think....
well i don't really know.
it's pretty bleak..
i can just hope really.
hope a lot.
that it will be released sometime in the next millenia.
i'll be around until the end of this year and if nothing happens, stop fixating on it and go abouts with my life...
i'm counting on november. if no album, then at least some news.
i'm a little iffy if it will happen... it seems hopeless right now i know.. i do believe eventually, it will come.
i want a cd as badly as anyone
but people here are going out of their minds waiting for it. out of their bloody minds...

i make art, i consider myself an artist of sorts, which is the only reason i give axl any credence really... but i really think that if an artist is given, as many materials as he likes, as much time as he likes, to do whatever he likes... we're in for something amazing. i truly believe this. axl wrote estranged and november rain single handedly.... i did mean what i said about not rushing anything. of course i didn't anticipate it would take this bloody long for an album either...

That sounded me like Axl speaking.  Lips Sealed
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2005, 01:14:53 PM »

sorry, believe me, i wish...

i make art and shit. i draw. i can link to some stuff if you want..

i'm definitely not axl. sorry.

robots.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: