Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the ideal gn'r comeback situation
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the ideal gn'r comeback situation  (Read 8801 times)
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« on: August 10, 2005, 06:30:17 PM »

what's your idea of the ideal gn'r comeback situation?
meaning if you could pick the way things were to be, when they came back.. how would it be?
mine, axl would ditch the braids and the sports jerserys, bring back the long hair, part old school rock star, but with something new, something to show for the last ten years (aesthetically) but that isn't the braids or sports jerseys...... they just.... don't.. work...

buckethead would rejoin (haha i know) and robin would get a haircut that doesn't involve him looking bald on the top of his head, they release a kick ass song that makes the teenybopper shit music that plays everywhere look like the crap it is. gn'r is subsequently everywhere, they make a kick ass video, it's released by november. a lot of fantasy is involved here i know... and of course everything shoots to #1 and kills VR's numbers. (by the way come on come in is an awful song.. and every time i hear it come on i think it's slither and then get dissapointed, but then realize it's VR by the lyrics about how dangerous they are.) annnnnnnnyway, and most importantly, they put out a fuckin crazy shit awesome cd that kicks all kinds of ass and was worth the wait.

and then... the worst case scenario.... damn, i can't even bring myself to realistically contemplate it. i think regardless of what's released it will be #1 and everything, but my worst case scenario is that the cd is bad. even though i'm quite  certain it's going to be brilliant.

so, thoughts?

robots.
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 09:21:30 PM »

I know this is totally unrealistic but who cares. Axl and the other guys settle there differences and VR and GnR announce a co headlining tour. Yeah i know, never will happen but hey it is wishful thinking  peace
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 10:25:35 PM »

To me the ideal GNR comeback would be to release a single, release a video, release the album, do a tour and make us all happy. ok

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
RKD
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts Now!!

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 12:10:19 AM »

I think they should turn up at a live event say VMA's or something again, the braids and sports Jerseys dropped, back to old school axl, but they should turn up at a live show that VR are at and really piss them off. Then do a 15 performance of New Songs that blows the critics, the fans and VR away, and then at the end Axl announces to the world that CD will be rerleased in November. But they should not be on the lineup and make it one BIG SURPRISE. they release a single, the album and a video that makes VR look like a wannabe and totally take over the world once again GnR Style. Then Axl can get with a Supermodel again and get married have kids and be happy.  peace
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 02:59:27 AM »

the ideal would be a press release announcing a firm date
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 03:44:11 PM »

I could do without the biker shorts if Axl reverts back to his old look.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 06:32:15 PM »

The ideal comeback situation was the 2002 VMA's. There was a huge buzz about GNR, and the album should have been released after this performance. The GNR planets will never align in the same way again. But he should try something similar again, but really have CD ready this time.

wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 05:17:17 PM »

the ideal comeback would be... (loose the braids and jerseys -obviously)

to do a club tour,

show up in some town/city local advertise one day, next day play in a club/pub/bar (just like the stones did in Toronto) and move on to the next place. (can be a different country, just spend a couple of months doing this, nobody will know where they will be next, so everybody can get excited)
This way they could warm up get used to the fans, realise how much they are appreaciated, they would get into the groove, just like back when they were struggling to get the fame.

(oh yeah, and web cast these gigs aswell)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 05:22:29 PM by wink » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »

the supermodel thing with the kids sounds like a good plan.maybe axl's kids will accually show up for gigs lol.talent is being waisted away.without axl on stage.or in the studio maybe.

the one an only horsey !
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 09:37:13 PM »

Axl releases "Chinese Democracy" = Ideal Comeback

kathryn2662
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 10:49:14 PM »

I could do without the biker shorts if Axl reverts back to his old look.

Noooo way.  That's one of the best parts!!! Kiss drool love
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 12:15:46 AM »

the ultimate comeback is RELEASE THE FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY!

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 12:27:11 AM »

Well I noticed, that alot of comments, were about, How GNR return is going to piss off, Velvet Revolver, and how it is going to make them look as GNR wannabes, well I think Slash and the dudes care but, I dont think they are gonna get angry about it, maybe they wont even care or bother to buy the album... lets wait and see? by the way, Izzy's album "like a dog" is less expected and more underrated than Chinese Democracy, and I think its a big mistake from Gnr fans... because he has demostrated to be a huge talent, and he never cared about the " money, popularity and anything else" since the beggining, when they were the hottest band, I think Axl, took that attitude, when GNR meant nothing in the business, anyway I respect both musicians, but Izzy is definitely the "man" and Axl seems to be following his steps, by the way, Velvet Revolver Rocks, and it is band of friends and professionals....

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?@;---.-,-----.-----,--.-----------tpr
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 12:39:34 AM by Carlos GMS » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 03:40:27 AM »

meaning if you could pick the way things were to be...
If i could pick the way things were to be, they never would've fucking split.  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 06:37:02 PM »

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!

I second that

gnrevolution.com
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 07:45:51 PM »

newgnr?

axl with 2001 look, robin with NIN era look

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 01:03:09 AM »

My ideal comeback is Axl comes to his friggin' senses, swallows his pride, calls up Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt and tells them he's ready to make a fuckin rock album.  They get back together, do the album they all want to do, and then go on tour and go back to being the best band in the world.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 01:16:23 AM »

Rob, sounds like a plan. I've always wanted a proper followup to Use Your Illusion, and Chinese Democracy isn't it.

Dust N Rose
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »

I believe most thing spacebrain5000 said above will be realised. It's the name, Guns N' Roses.
2001 look was far better than 2002. Axl was very good (even with the belly  Kiss) and still seemed very young. He doesn't need the braids. Now that buckethead left, there won't be any criticisms about freaks in the band. I also want Robin to let his hair be long like we've seen him in his site. Like a hippie  beer
I'd like to see stadium tours, but that's hard to be done. C.D. must be a huge success to become true. The time fits around end of 2005 and early 2006. After that it's not worth to wait  Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: