Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:37:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Filler Songs In records
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Filler Songs In records  (Read 3978 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« on: August 10, 2005, 01:09:56 PM »

Yesterday I was listening to Innuendo by Queen and I realized that the only song that I didn't care about to hear was the hitman, that song is really a filler in that. That song doesn't really fit under the concept of Innuendo.  peace
Post yours now.

No man can be my equal
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 01:55:43 PM »

Yesterday I was listening to Innuendo by Queen and I realized that the only song that I didn't care about to hear was the hitman, that song is really a filler in that. That song doesn't really fit under the concept of Innuendo.? peace
Post yours now.

Outageous!

The Hitman is the best song there! Awesome guitar riff, would have been awesome live - real power int hat song and probably my fav Queen track, one mans meat eh?

Innuendo has the least filler of any Queen album (and Queen in my view have put out more filler than any other top flight rock band) Bijou and Delilah are just awful awful tracks - definite filler

Eminem is the worst of all for filler - 20 tracks per album of which 5 are the singles, 10 are terrible and the rest are 'skits'

But Tenacious D managed something like three tracks on their album with the rest just them them talking.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 02:49:34 PM »

One man's treasure is another man's filler.  I never agreed with people calling songs filler.  Cause you always get somebody that absolutely loves a song that most people consider "filler".  If there are people out there that really like a song I don't think it can be considered filler.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 06:43:55 PM »

The Hitman is one of Queen's most metal songs and one of their best! Now you want filler, about half of Master of Puppets is worthless. Disposable Heroes is so generic, Leper Messiah is bad groovecore, The Thing That Should Not Be is a lame attempt at a Sabbath-esque song, etc. This just shows Cliff Burton did not help stop Metallica's collapse, and his death ended up making AJFA a better album than MoP. Sad, but true. (ok, that was lame)
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 06:58:41 PM »

Yesterday I was listening to Innuendo by Queen and I realized that the only song that I didn't care about to hear was the hitman, that song is really a filler in that. That song doesn't really fit under the concept of Innuendo.? peace
Post yours now.

Outageous!

The Hitman is the best song there! Awesome guitar riff, would have been awesome live - real power int hat song and probably my fav Queen track, one mans meat eh?

Innuendo has the least filler of any Queen album (and Queen in my view have put out more filler than any other top flight rock band) Bijou and Delilah are just awful awful tracks - definite filler

Eminem is the worst of all for filler - 20 tracks per album of which 5 are the singles, 10 are terrible and the rest are 'skits'

But Tenacious D managed something like three tracks on their album with the rest just them them talking.....

Bijou is NOT an awful track at all. Delilah is though. Queen in the 70's had about 4 filler tracks between all of their 70's albums. But in the 80's they got a bit more filler-ish. Especially A Kind Of Magic.

I think U2 have a load of filler tracks. But KISS win the award for most filler tracks. KISS have all filler albums.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 09:02:14 PM »

The first album that comes to mind regarding filler is Def Leppard's Euphoria album. Out of 13 songs 5 songs are absolutely album material but the other 8 songs are total filler.What is sad about that record is there import single b sides they left off were outstanding tracks.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 09:53:48 PM »

The Hitman is one of Queen's most metal songs and one of their best! Now you want filler, about half of Master of Puppets is worthless. Disposable Heroes is so generic, Leper Messiah is bad groovecore, The Thing That Should Not Be is a lame attempt at a Sabbath-esque song, etc. This just shows Cliff Burton did not help stop Metallica's collapse, and his death ended up making AJFA a better album than MoP. Sad, but true. (ok, that was lame)

I think there's no filler at all on Puppets, every song on there is great IMO.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 10:35:39 PM »

Jay - Z 's the Black Album ,the only good song on the hole thing is 99 Problems.Then their is 13 fillers

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 10:00:28 AM »

One man's treasure is another man's filler.  I never agreed with people calling songs filler.  Cause you always get somebody that absolutely loves a song that most people consider "filler".  If there are people out there that really like a song I don't think it can be considered filler.
Yeah I can see that a lot of people likes The Hitman and I really don't like, I don't know but I think it doesn't fit the Innuendo vibe, like a little dark and slow mid tempo songs such as Innuendo, Im going Slightly Mad, Ride the wild wind, even Delilah. But oh well people like whatever they like.
Also in a kind of magic I think  Gimme The Prize (Kurgan's Theme) its a filler. I hope people doesn't talk too much about Hot Space cause I think a lot of people would said it's a filler record.

No man can be my equal
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 06:31:05 PM »

Gimme the Prize probably shows off Mercury's voice more than any other queen song. It's the second best song on SKOM, behind Prices of the Universe.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 05:32:42 AM »

Lol - filler on Master of Muppets, yeah...sure

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 04:11:56 PM »

Lol - filler on Master of Muppets, yeah...sure

Yeah, seriously...there is no filler on MOP.  My least favorite song on it is Lepper Messiah, but I even think that one is pretty good.  The rest are all great.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 05:41:51 PM »

Come on... The only Metallica album without blatant filler is Kill 'em All. The others are great, but saying they don't have filler just isn't true. Leper Messiah is a lame groovy song, and The Thing That Should Not Be just drags on. Sanitarium is much better.

Filler doesn't have to be bad, necessarily. It's just songs that are inferior to the better songs on an album. They're not always skippable, but they're noticably worse than the others. Disposable Heroes isn't a bad song, but it's really just generic speed metal, that's all. It's filler, even if it's not terrible, like Leper Messiah is.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 07:38:39 PM »

Kudos to the person who mentioned Kiss. Kiss has some great songs, but a great song for every album or two is not a great track record. Another band with some major filler is the Stones. One of the all time great bands, but each album only has a couple of good songs. Especially on their albums late in their career. Take Voodoo Lounge for an example. The good songs are 'Love is Strong', 'You Got Me Rockin', and 'Out of Tears'. The rest of the album is shit. Def Leppard is also a great example. If you've never heard their albums, just by their hits album. It has all their good songs. Someone mentioned Metallica? LOL!! You mention Master of Puppets, but dont use their last three albums as examples? Interesting.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 12:27:03 AM »

Yeah, seriously...Disposable Heroes, Leper Messiah, and TTTSNB are GREAT songs compared to anything off Reload or St. Anger.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 01:16:12 AM »

They're just bad songs compared to the rest on the album. Reload and St. Anger technically have no filler because every single one of the songs are equally worthless.  rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 02:51:52 AM »

Good point. But you forgot to include Load in that description. Cheesy

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 04:52:07 AM »

You totaly just lost me man......you have no idea what the fuck you r' talkin' about!! no

...........im sittin' here.....n' i just cant believe you wrote that Walk Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 05:48:29 AM »

Filler tracks are tracks put in just as padding - to get the track list up

A weaker song isn't always filler - a song like 'The Key' on Limp Bizkit's new album is filler!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 03:04:22 PM »

there r millions of fillers. i think all foo fighter songs r fillers except for breakout and all my life

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: