Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Black Crowes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Black Crowes  (Read 41802 times)
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

Yeah they are bound to come up later on I think. I'm from LA and I heard that lake castic is about an hour away so I may go to that one?..

Yeah I just found out its near Six Flags Magic Mountain so I'll probably be attending that one too. Any word on ticket prices?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2006, 08:14:04 PM »

not that i know of yet. if i remember i will post that here

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Chief
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2006, 10:28:50 PM »

this came out this week and the quality is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than whats out there on Tall.  Amazing set of discs , check them out if you're a fan!!!

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »

Thats cool they are doing that. I love it when a group makes a cd of never officially released songs and live. Great way to give back to the fans.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »

Guess that is what happens when you run out of ideas. Sad, Crowes are an awesome band, can't come up with new killer stuff.........

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Chief
Legend

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »

I think its mainly a gift for the fans really.. they are working on a new album due out in 2007. They've been playing several of the new songs live recently too.  I still have high hopes that they can still come out with a great new album.

Guess that is what happens when you run out of ideas. Sad, Crowes are an awesome band, can't come up with new killer stuff.........

justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2006, 04:18:24 AM »

the "Band" disc is fucking killer... why they didn't release this back in the day is beyond me.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Chief
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2006, 06:18:38 PM »

From what i read, the record company rejected it.. can you believe that crap?!?!
then they reworked some songs and made by your side which is far inferior, i think!

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2007, 08:30:39 AM »

The Black Crowes begin recording new album

The Black Crowes are back in the studio to record their first album of new material for six years.

The as-yet-untitled LP is being penned in conjunction with producer and friend Paul Stacey in studios in New York and Los Angeles.

Chris and Rich Robinson reunited in 2005 after a four-year break, headlining the New Year's Eve show at Madison Square Garden in New York as well as playing sold-out gigs at venues including the Hammerstein Ballroom (also in New York) and the Henry Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles.

Further details of the release have not been confirmed, but it is expected that the album will be released later this year.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-black-crowes/27340
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2007, 12:47:11 AM »

The Black Crowes begin recording new album

The Black Crowes are back in the studio to record their first album of new material for six years.

The as-yet-untitled LP is being penned in conjunction with producer and friend Paul Stacey in studios in New York and Los Angeles.

Chris and Rich Robinson reunited in 2005 after a four-year break, headlining the New Year's Eve show at Madison Square Garden in New York as well as playing sold-out gigs at venues including the Hammerstein Ballroom (also in New York) and the Henry Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles.

Further details of the release have not been confirmed, but it is expected that the album will be released later this year.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-black-crowes/27340
2007 is looking pretty good. cant wait to see what happens with this. thanks for the news!
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »

yeah!!!

? ?too bad the album will be finnished after 13 years of recording

c-ya in 2020 (look at how crazy that looks 2020!!)

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »

listening to some stuff by them now, its great, feels like 60s anti war music, its great!

its got soullll and jessuuusss

html sucks
Chief
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2007, 11:57:23 PM »

I just read that their album is now due in 2008 and this year they will be touring sporadically as well as preparing a release of a cd and dvd of just Chris and Rich playing acoustic.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2007, 06:57:13 AM »

Hey ya'all -

I don't normally do this, but if you want - check out my Crowes fan board at http://amorica2.proboards83.com!

It started as an off-shoot to the official amorica board while it was down for around 2 months for maintenance. It's now pretty much a compliment to it. A lot of the same users are signed up there. Feel free to check it out!  peace
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:59:50 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

http://www.blackcrowes.com/BOAF_INFO.htm

CHRIS AND RICH ROBINSON OF THE BLACK CROWES TO RELEASE ?BROTHERS OF A FEATHER?
ACOUSTIC CD JULY 10 AND CD/DVD PACKAGE SEPTEMBER 4;

TWO PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SONGS FEATURED;

SUMMER DATES FOR THE BLACK CROWES CONFIRMED

In April 2006 during a break in THE BLACK CROWES? touring schedule that ultimately encompassed 106 band shows, CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON performed a string of their first-ever full-length acoustic duo dates--in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Austin. Billed as ?Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening with Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes,? the 12 concerts--all of which sold out in minutes--earned critical acclaim and were highlighted by three shows at The Roxy in Los Angeles. Those concerts were recorded and are now being officially released worldwide via Eagle Rock Entertainment in two configurations: BROTHERS OF A FEATHER will be available July 10 on CD with 14 tracks, while the CD/DVD package is due out September 4 and includes the live CD along with a 20-track DVD.

At these acoustic shows, Chris and Rich reached deep into their repertoire of Black Crowes favorites and also performed new songs (the previously unreleased ?Magic Rooster Blues,? ?Cold Boy Smile?) plus material from their respective solo albums (Chris? ?Someday Past The Sunset?; Rich?s ?Forgiven Song? and ?Leave It Alone?) and various covers. The mixes on the CD and DVD were done by Paul Stacey, who engineered with Kevin Harp.

These full-length acoustic shows gave Chris and Rich the opportunity, as singers and songwriters, to lend a new intimacy to their body of material as well as the cover songs that are an integral part of Black Crowes live performances.

Says CHRIS: ?The joy of our Brothers shows is the feeling that we are playing for friends?a place to open up and share something different from the archetypical mother earth rock ?n roll turn-on trip of The Black Crowes.?

Says RICH: ?It?s great to present these songs the way Chris and I wrote most of them almost twenty years ago. To have our fans sitting in on such intimate musical moments was an honor.?

Writing in Daily Variety about a New York show, Rich Nieciecki noted: ?The brothers meshed most intriguingly on the set?s passel of covers, which crossed genre lines with surprising grace, attesting to both their shared depth of historical knowledge and the fluidity with which they?re capable of shifting gears (4/18/06).? The shows were also embraced by a college publication like the Stony Brook Independent (emblematic of the band?s growing college audience): "?Brothers of a Feather? is certainly a sight to behold and a sound to endear?if Friday's show is any indication, they will go down in rock and roll history as some of the greatest performances ever played (4/15/06).?

As the Black Crowes tour America this summer (see dates below), fans who attend concerts in August through October will be presented with a coupon enabling them to purchase a discount copy of just the Brothers Of A Feather DVD.

The Brothers Of A Feather CD track listing is as follows:

1. Horsehead (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

2. Cursed Diamond (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

3. Over The Hill (John Martyn)

4. Magic Rooster Blues (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

5. My Heart?s Killing Me (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

6. Forgiven Song (Rich Robinson)

7. Someday Past The Sunset (Chris Robinson)

8. Roll Um Easy (Little Feat)

9. Cold Boy Smile (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

10. Driving Wheel (Roosevelt Sykes)

11. Leave It Alone (Rich Robinson)

12. Polly (Dillard & Clark)

13. Darling Of The Underground Press (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

14. Thorn In My Pride (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

The DVD listing:

1. Horsehead (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
2. Cursed Diamond (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
3. Over The Hill (John Martyn)
4. Magic Rooster Blues (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
5. My Heart's Killing Me (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
6. Better When You're Not Alone (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
7. Forgiven Song (Rich Robinson)
8. Someday Past The Sunset (Chris Robinson)
9. Welcome To The Goodtimes (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
10. Roll Um Easy (Little Feat)
11. Soul Singing (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
12. Cold Boy Smile (new Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
13. Bring On Bring On (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
14. Driving Wheel (Roosevelt Sykes)
15. Leave It Alone (Rich Robinson)
16. Polly (Dillard & Clark)
17. Darling Of The Underground Press (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
18. Jealous Again (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)
19. Forever Young (Bob Dylan)
20. Thorn In My Pride (Chris Robinson/Rich Robinson)

I can't wait to pick up both versions, as well as the new record in 2008!

P.S. Hey BurningHills, are you Wildheart then over at Amorica2? I've posted a few times over there myself. It's a pretty cool board.

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
Chief
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2007, 09:42:35 PM »

http://www.blackcrowes.com/ReleaseWarpaint.htm

THE BLACK CROWES TO RELEASE ?WARPAINT?

FIRST STUDIO ALBUM OF ALL NEW MATERIAL IN SEVEN YEARS

DUE OUT MARCH 4 ON THEIR OWN SILVER ARROW RECORDS LABEL,

DISTRIBUTED BY MEGAFORCE/SONY RED BMG

BAND TO PERFORM ?WARPAINT? IN ITS ENTIRETY ON LIMITED

?ONE NIGHT ONLY? SWING

From the beginning, THE BLACK CROWES have done things their own way. And it?s good to know that some things don?t change.

WARPAINT?the band?s first album of all-new studio material in seven years, due out March 4 worldwide?will be independently released on the band?s own newly formed Silver Arrow Records and distributed through Megaforce/Sony Red BMG. It?s their first studio release since the acclaimed LIONS album in 2001 (on V2).

Produced and mixed by Paul Stacey at Allaire Studios, Woodstock, NY, the album features 11 songs, all of which were written by CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON, except ?God?s Got It? by the Reverend Charlie Jackson. The album builds compellingly on the band?s trademark adventurous brew of rock, blues, country, soul and gospel.

WARPAINT marks the recording debut of two new band members?guitarist Luther Dickinson and keyboardist Adam MacDougall--who join CHRIS and RICH and drummer Steve Gorman and bassist Sven Pipien. Dickinson, of North Mississippi Allstars, officially steps in to replace producer/guitarist Paul Stacey, whose position with the band was always intended to be temporary. THE BLACK CROWES are deeply appreciative that Stacey committed his genuine talent and time to the band and their performances for most of 2007.

The album?s complete track listing is: ?Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution,? ?Walk Believer Walk,? ?O, Josephine,? ?Evergreen,? ?We Who See The Deep,? ?Locust Street,? ?Movin? On Down The Line,? ?Wounded Bird,? ?God?s Got It,? ?There?s Gold In Them Hills,? and ?Whoa Mule.?

CHRIS says the album?s title signifies ?the revolution that could take place in all our souls.?

Meanwhile, for the first time in their 18-year career, THE BLACK CROWES will perform an album of theirs in its entirety. On a special run of ?One Night Only? shows beginning on March 4, fans will experience WARPAINT performed in its entirety, after which the band will play songs from their catalog and selected surprises. Dates TBA.

THE BLACK CROWES will begin their world tour March 24 by headlining the Byron Bay Festival in Australia. They?ll continue their down under trek?their first since 1991?through April 5 before playing special engagements in Tokyo, Amsterdam and London, and concluding with shows in Hamburg and Cologne, Germany (dates TBA).

THE BLACK CROWES have sold over 20 million albums and are known as one of rock?s best live acts. They have been called ?The Most Rock n? Roll Rock ?n? Roll Band In the World? and a ?thoroughbred American rock ?n? freakin? roll band?; their panoramic live shows feature alternating set lists and signature incendiary musical explorations. Catch up with the band at www.blackcrowes.com

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »

Alright, that's what I like to hear!

This should be a good one, they have had a lot of time to make a really awesome record!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2007, 06:46:08 PM »

sounds awesome!!!

html sucks
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2007, 07:14:12 PM »

AWESOME!  I saw them in Aug. playing in Central Park and they rocked!  I'll be picking this one up for sure.  ok
Chief
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »

They just posted some new tourdates :

03/02/2008 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom (On Sale 01/18)
 03/04/2008 - New York, NY@ Irving Plaza (On Sale 01/18)
 03/05/2008 - Boston, MA @ Somerville Theatre (On Sale 01/18)
 03/07/2008 - Chicago, IL @ Park West (On Sale 01/19)
 03/08/2008 - Owensboro, KY @ Sportcenter (On Sale @ ticketmaster.com)
 03/09/2008 - Atlanta, GA @ The Tabernacle (On Sale 01/18)
 03/15/2008 - Austin, TX @ Stubb's BBQ (SXSW Festival)
 03/19/2008 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore (On Sale 01/20)
 03/20/2008 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Avalon (On Sale 01/18)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: