Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:11:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Black Crowes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Black Crowes  (Read 41746 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2008, 01:57:01 PM »

For the first time in their 18-year career, THE BLACK CROWES will perform an album of theirs in its entirety. On a special run of "One Night Only" shows beginning March 2 and wrapping March 20, fans will experience "Warpaint" ? the group's first album of all new studio material in seven years, due out March 4 ? in its entirety onstage, after which the band will perform songs from their catalog and selected surprises.

A listing of these seven one-time-only tour dates is below, with the on-sale info. In the midst of this trek, the band will headline Stubbs March 15 at SXSW in Austin.

THE BLACK CROWES launch their overseas tour March 24 when they headline the East Coast Blues & Roots Festival in Australia. They'll continue their Down Under trek ? their first since 1991 ? through April 5, and conclude with exclusive performances in London, UK at Brixton Academy April 9 and The Amsterdam Music Hall April 11. A major market multiple night U.S. tour will begin in May, with cities and venues to be announced in the near future.

"Warpaint" marks the recording debut of two new band members ? second guitarist Luther Dickerson, formerly of NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS, and keyboardist Adam MacDougall ? who join Chris and Rich and drummer Steve Gorman and bassist Sven Pipien. The album ? which is being independently released on the band's own newly-formed Silver Arrow Records, distributed through Megaforce/Sony Red BMG ? builds compellingly on the band's trademark adventurous brew of rock, blues, country, soul and gospel.

Produced and mixed by Paul Stacey at Allaire Studios, Woodstock, NY, the album features 11 songs, all of which were written by Chris and Rich Robinson, except "God's Got It" by the Reverend Charlie Jackson. "Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution" is set as the album's first single and video; the song will arrive at radio on Monday, January 7.

"One Night Only" tour dates:

Mar. 02 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
Mar. 04 - New York, NY - The Fillmore @ Irving Plaza
Mar. 05 - Boston, MA - Somerville Theatre
Mar. 07 - Chicago, IL - Park West
Mar. 09 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
Mar. 15 - Austin, TX - SXSW @ Stubb's BBQ (not part of the "One Night Only" shows)
Mar. 19 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
Mar. 20 - Los Angeles, CA - The Avalon

Australian Tour:

Mar. 24 - Byron Bay, Australia - East Coast Blues & Roots Festival
Mar. 26 - Perth, Australia - Challenge Stadium
Mar. 28 - Adelaide, Australia - The Barton Theatre
Mar. 29 - Melbourne, Australia - Palais Theatre
Mar. 30 - Sydney, Australia - Hordern Pavilion
Apr. 01 - Wollongong, Australia - Win Entertainment Centre
Apr. 02 - Canberra, Australia - Royal Theatre
Apr. 03 - New Castle, Australia - Civic Theatre
Apr. 05 - Auckland, New Zealand - Logan Campbell Centre

London and Amsterdam:

Apr. 09 - London, England - Brixton Academy
Apr. 11 - Amsterdam, Holland - Amsterdam Music Hall

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2008, 06:41:51 PM »

Chief, meet me at The Avalon!  I saw Chris Cornell there, and it's a fantastic venue!

I can't wait!  I've been having withdrawals since October!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »

Can't fucking wait. Love the crowes. i gotta make sure to catch em at starland here in Jersey. Only seen em live once before.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2008, 03:32:03 PM »

Got my ticket.  Will be front row for this baby.  Grin
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2008, 06:51:24 PM »

Damn, I went to box office at noon when tickets went on sale (irving plaza) and there was a huge line and about 10 people to go, and it sold out!  So, try to line up early folks.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »

Damn, I went to box office at noon when tickets went on sale (irving plaza) and there was a huge line and about 10 people to go, and it sold out!  So, try to line up early folks.

Why didn't you try Ticketmaster?

Unless it was a box office only sale.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2008, 02:58:48 PM »

Because I'm a dumbass....and because I live right near the box office and thought it would be easier. When I bought my ticket to see them at Central park summerstage last summer, I was able to go up to box office and buy ticket no problem.  I'll still go, I'll just get my tick on craig's list closer to show.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

Because I'm a dumbass....and because I live right near the box office and thought it would be easier. When I bought my ticket to see them at Central park summerstage last summer, I was able to go up to box office and buy ticket no problem.  I'll still go, I'll just get my tick on craig's list closer to show.

Craig's List is the best!  Hope you don't have to fork over too much for your tickets!

These shows are going to be amazing.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2008, 12:54:23 AM »

DATE: JANUARY 22, 2008

THE BLACK CROWES

?ONE NIGHT ONLY? SHOWS IN NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, SAN FRANCISCO, BOSTON AND ATLANTA ARE INSTANT SELL-OUTS

?WARPAINT,? DUE MARCH 4, WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AS A LIMITED EDITION VINYL PACKAGE

MARCH 4 ALSO MARKS THE DAY WHEN THE BAND?S PRIZED

AMERICAN RECORDINGS CATALOG WILL BE AVAILABLE DIGITALLY

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

Tickets for the THE BLACK CROWES? special ?One Night Only? shows in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston and Atlanta all sold out within minutes, with some of the venues reporting record sell-outs.

For the first time in their 18-year career, THE BLACK CROWES are performing an album of theirs in its entirety. On a special run of these ?One Night Only? shows beginning March 2 and wrapping March 20, fans will experience WARPAINT--the group?s first album of all new studio material in seven years--in its entirety onstage, after which the band will perform songs from their catalog and selected surprises.

Due out March 4, WARPAINT will also be available on the same day as a limited edition vinyl package. The album is being released via the band?s own newly formed label Silver Arrow Records through Megaforce/Sony Red BMG. ?Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution? is the album?s first single, with a video currently running on their website.

March 4 is not only the day that WARPAINT hits stores; it?s the day when THE BLACK CROWES? prized American Recordings catalog will be available digitally for the first time ever via iTunes. The catalog includes their first five studio albums beginning with 1990?s six-million selling SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER, a pivotal work that kick-started an authentic style of rock and roll in America, with the U.K.?s Melody Maker promptly hailing them as ?The Most Rock n? Roll Rock ?n? Roll Band In the World.? The catalog also encompasses SOUTHERN HARMONY AND MUSICAL COMPANION, AMORICA, THREE SNAKES AND ONE CHARM, BY YOUR SIDE and the 1998 box set SHO? NUFF, which included a 5-song live EP, plus last year?s previously unreleased double disc THE LOST CROWES.

In a BLACK CROWES cover story in the new issue of Relix magazine, Anthony DeCurtis hails WARPAINT as ?The group's most confident and instantly appealing album since the raw, raucous Shake Your Money Maker first brought the group national attention in 1990."

WARPAINT marks the recording debut of two new band members--second guitarist Luther Dickinson, of North Mississippi Allstars, and keyboardist Adam MacDougall--who join CHRIS and RICH and drummer Steve Gorman and bassist Sven Pipien--and builds compellingly on the band?s trademark adventurous brew of rock, blues, country, soul and gospel.

THE BLACK CROWES launch their overseas tour March 24 when they headline the East Coast Blues & Roots Festival in Australia. They?ll continue their Down Under trek--their first since 1991--through April 5, and conclude with exclusive performances in London, UK at Brixton Academy April 9 and The Amsterdam Music Hall April 11. A major market multiple night U.S. tour will begin in May, with cities and venues to be announced in the near future.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Chief
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2008, 11:20:41 PM »

Here's a very good article from jambase:

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx?StoryID=13015

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2008, 10:46:37 AM »

the band have launched a huge internet marketing campaign.

and have created there own official myspace.
 http://www.myspace.com/theblackcrowes

I think thats a new song on the top of the songs list you can stream?

sounds good to me, very laidback though.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »

Maxim Apologizes for Black Crowes Review

NEW YORK (AP) ? Maxim magazine has apologized for publishing a negative review of the Black Crowes' new album by a writer who hadn't listened to the whole CD.

Full story: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hHOAjk5E7X13mmzngI4wUdwCZZJQD8V25PNG1

no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2008, 06:57:49 PM »

Maxim Apologizes for Black Crowes Review

NEW YORK (AP) ? Maxim magazine has apologized for publishing a negative review of the Black Crowes' new album by a writer who hadn't listened to the whole CD.

Full story: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hHOAjk5E7X13mmzngI4wUdwCZZJQD8V25PNG1

no

/jarmo

For shame.  Most journalists shouldn't even be allowed to pick up a pen.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »

No ones posted what they think of the BC new track yet, thoughts people?

I like it, but i hope the rest of the album isnt as trippy and laid back as that. On there earlier albums they balanced it well, laid back trippy songs and some great blues rocker tracks.  So i hope WARPAINT is like it, and not like that Three Snakes And One Charm album, way way too much weed smoked during those sessions i think.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »

Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution?

I like it a lot.  It's very catchy and is a well balanced track.
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »

No ones posted what they think of the BC new track yet, thoughts people?

I like it, but i hope the rest of the album isnt as trippy and laid back as that. On there earlier albums they balanced it well, laid back trippy songs and some great blues rocker tracks.  So i hope WARPAINT is like it, and not like that Three Snakes And One Charm album, way way too much weed smoked during those sessions i think.

Everything on 3 snakes is very hit or miss with me. Still some of my favorite black crowes songs ever tho. "Under a Mountain" and "Girl From A Pawnshop" are amazing. My bloods starting to itch as we get closer to warpaints release.

Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2008, 01:03:46 PM »

Just finished listening to Warpaint for the first time. Fucking fantastic. how dare Maxim even pretend this album is bad. Sets the bar high for any thing else coming out this year, might be the best thing we get if CD doesn't come out.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »

Gonna go get Wapaint after my doctors appointment.  smoking
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2008, 01:06:49 AM »

I just picked this up too and I'm LOVING it...

Some stunning bluesy/rock stuff on there. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:56 AM »

I just finished it. Damn good. It might not hit with those that were looking for a total return to their Shake Your Money Maker sound, but its solid start to finish. It actually reminds me of Chris' last solo album The Magnificent Distance. By the way, I love the crow logo in the fold out. That might be my next tattoo.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »