Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The name of the album should be: W. Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The name of the album should be: W. Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy  (Read 11268 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 03:30:51 PM »

If this is truly a collaboration with the new members I don`t think that is a good idea.

which apparently it is sooooo.....in answer to this thread's initial poster, nope.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 05:21:31 PM »

But again using Stanley Kubrick as an example, he collaborated with screen writers, editors, producers, composers, and the studio to make his pictures. But his pictures began with Stanley Kubrick's _________. You dig what I'm saying?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 02:55:52 AM »

ala Brian Wilsion presents SMiLE?  maybe...
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 10:53:07 AM »

Of course it isn't I'm giving a thought of maybe why it shouldn't be name W Axl's Rose Chinese Democracy, I'm not stating something that is going to happened just giving a wild guess.  peace

No man can be my equal
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 12:25:32 PM »

Like Stanley Kuprick's The Shining or Sid Meier's Pirates!

Why can't musicians who are at Axl's level do that too? Yea W. Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy!

i'd love to see that.. Maybe because it won't sell as good as calling it a guns n roses album
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 12:50:48 PM »

...and it still will be a Guns N' Roses album. I am only referring to the title of the album. It will obviously have the name Guns N' Roses across the top. But the name of the album, is what I am referring to dogg.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 01:25:22 PM »

...and it still will be a Guns N' Roses album. I am only referring to the title of the album. It will obviously have the name Guns N' Roses across the top. But the name of the album, is what I am referring to dogg.

well if it's a group that did this album then why would I or anyone else want it to be called axl rose's cd.. Sounds like a solo artist with hired hands hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 01:41:50 PM »

well if it's a group that did this album then why would I or anyone else want it to be called axl rose's cd.. Sounds like a solo artist with hired hands hihi

Dude, I answered this already but, I will cut it paste it here for your viewing pleasure:

"Again using Stanley Kubrick as an example, he collaborated with screen writers, editors, producers, composers, and the studio to make his pictures. But his pictures began with Stanley Kubrick's _________. You dig what I'm saying?"

Did Stanley direct, produce, write, edit, score, finance, and distribute his films that had his name attached to it, like "Stanley Kubrick's The Shining"?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 02:22:27 PM »

Dude, I answered this already but, I will cut it paste it here for your viewing pleasure:

"Again using Stanley Kubrick as an example, he collaborated with screen writers, editors, producers, composers, and the studio to make his pictures. But his pictures began with Stanley Kubrick's _________. You dig what I'm saying?"

Did Stanley direct, produce, write, edit, score, finance, and distribute his films that had his name attached to it, like "Stanley Kubrick's The Shining"?

movie directors are different then bands.. It's james cameron's titanic or martin scorscese's goodfellas.. 
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 04:20:54 PM »

But in a way, isn't Axl the director? Whether the album is a success or faliure, it is all on Axl. He will take credit regardless. This is his baby. Hence the name.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2005, 05:01:39 PM »

But in a way, isn't Axl the director? Whether the album is a success or faliure, it is all on Axl. He will take credit regardless. This is his baby. Hence the name.

yeah I understand what you mean I just view it differently, maybe nin's or qotsa because those bands are revolving doors.. I don't even have an opinion on cd anymore or this gnr... I was gone working since the end of june with very few visits here and I didn't think much of the album but when I did I knew it would still not be out... To me axl is like ozzy with his album instead of gnr..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2005, 05:17:40 PM »

A bit pretentious, don't you think?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2005, 06:52:53 PM »

yeah I understand what you mean I just view it differently, maybe nin's or qotsa because those bands are revolving door

Dude, you actually believe what you just said? How is NIN more of a revolving door with its band then GNR?

But isn't that so fucking Axl? He is the last of his kind. True fucking Rock Star.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2005, 07:13:55 PM »

yeah I understand what you mean I just view it differently, maybe nin's or qotsa because those bands are revolving door

Dude, you actually believe what you just said? How is NIN more of a revolving door with its band then GNR?

But isn't that so fucking Axl? He is the last of his kind. True fucking Rock Star.

I hear what you're saying, and think it's a really good idea.  But for a CD cover, you have Guns N Roses, then you have the Artwork, then you have Axl Roses' Chinese Democracy.  Thats alot to put on a cover.   

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 07:48:58 PM »

Not sure where you got the first quote Budha, not mine...

Even though the success or failure does fall on Axl's shoulders, I think he'd prefer to portray the record as a group effort, which by most accounts it has been.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2005, 10:15:52 PM »

Axl did say this album was for him....

Well, if it's for him, if he is the one doing most of the work and the rest of the band is wondering around doing their own thing while he "works on his album", what's wrong with W. Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy? Huh

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2005, 10:36:13 PM »

how bout   "Rose's new Guns"

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 12:33:18 AM »

how bout? ?"Rose's new Guns"

For the album title? Uh...no.

KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 01:35:12 AM »

The name of this thread should be "Buddha Master's Shit We Discussed 6 Years Ago"

~KYI
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2005, 03:11:32 AM »

i'll tell ya why it shouldnt be called W. Axl Rose mate....its because it is GUNS N' fuckin' ROSES.. .OK beer smoking

GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES died like ten years ago. What we now have, is something else. Axl with his reggae-styled hair and weird voice, band playin' old songs like a cover band. And that's what they really are. And they even do playbacks.. As Axl said: "Once there was this rock n' roll band rollin' on the streets.. time went by and it became a joke." Guns n' Roses has been raped.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: