Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:31:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Come On Come In & Contraband
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come On Come In & Contraband  (Read 15231 times)
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 03:18:08 PM »

learn to speak english you dumb ass
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 03:24:22 PM »

learn to speak english you dumb ass

Learn how to read English.

Practise here!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 05:09:21 PM »

Failed like Pearl Jam and U2?
I've never seen a fanbase like Pearl Jam has. And they respect their fans probably more than any other band.

And U2 are pretty much the biggest band of the past 5 years. Plus all those other 5 years before...

I haven't heard this new VR song, but I heard a lot of friends tell me its terrible.
I hope they're wrong.

I hear the video is really bad too?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »

i really like come on come in but it's not a favorite....
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 03:09:10 PM »

Failed like Pearl Jam and U2?
I've never seen a fanbase like Pearl Jam has. And they respect their fans probably more than any other band.

And U2 are pretty much the biggest band of the past 5 years. Plus all those other 5 years before...

I haven't heard this new VR song, but I heard a lot of friends tell me its terrible.
I hope they're wrong.

I hear the video is really bad too?

I'm sure these people you listen to have great taste in music. Are they Emo?
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 08:20:39 PM »

I think the song rocks. IMO Dave Kushner really shines on this song. His effects are killer. If this is any indication of the next album, i think it will top Contraband.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 10:51:09 PM »

To-Mass,

I haven't had the chance, but I wanted to publicly thank you for sending me the mp3 of Come On & Come In.
 peace

as for the song, what can I say? Its grown on me like many of VR's other songs that I like now. It certainly has the energy approaching GNR when you first listen to it, even though the melody and the structure takes a while to sink in.
To add to my ContraBand review, I would give the song a 7.5.
I guess that would put it on average with a VR song. ok
Which means it would fucking rock my headphones at the GYM & before/at a party,. love
Its amazing to me how very much intact the Chemistry of the GNR sound is among these players.

I would only put STB, DIFTK, Specacle (love that song now!) FTP, SMB, Slither ahead of this song.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 08:55:23 AM »

I heard the song 'come on come in' first time yesterday and haven't really nothing to say about the song.. average, just, average.. 2 ? stars from 5
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 06:46:03 PM »

The song is more of the same crap from this band. Its just done half ass and the next VR album is going to be  very medoicre. Slash and duff really need axl to mold them to be their best because Scott just cant do that with them.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2005, 08:12:53 PM »

To-Mass,

I haven't had the chance, but I wanted to publicly thank you for sending me the mp3 of Come On & Come In.
 peace

as for the song, what can I say? Its grown on me like many of VR's other songs that I like now. It certainly has the energy approaching GNR when you first listen to it, even though the melody and the structure takes a while to sink in.
Which means it would fucking rock my headphones at the GYM & before/at a party,. love
Its amazing to me how very much intact the Chemistry of the GNR sound is among these players.

I would only put STB, DIFTK, Specacle (love that song now!) FTP, SMB, Slither ahead of this song.

MNR

No problem dude, glad you like it... It's definately one of my favorites up there with Loving The Alien, Superhuman and Dirty Little Thing..... I love the fact that VR fans all have their different favorites.. I see alot of People that Love Do It For The Kids, Spectacle and Fall To Pieces and I really don't care for those.... I mean I can listen to them but I skip them more often than not...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 08:18:25 PM by tomass74 » Logged

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 11:30:54 PM »

If u didn't know already, the video is available at: http://www.belowempty.com/vr/downloads.php

Fuck 'Em All.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2005, 06:05:19 PM »

Come On, Come In is as good as You Got No Right and Sucker Train Blues, if not better. And up until it was released, those were the VR songs that I thought really stood out.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2005, 06:26:56 PM »

The song is more of the same crap from this band. Its just done half ass and the next VR album is going to be? very medoicre. Slash and duff really need axl to mold them to be their best because Scott just cant do that with them.

can you do anything without bringing axl in.. if new gnr was doing some of these songs it would be the best thing ever.. rofl

I bet at most you heard this song once... Unlike all the new gnr songs you have played thousands of times and forced yourself to love even if it wasn't your fav hihi
Like shit dave can't you just I didn't like the song without saying they need axl wha wha wha...  Axl can't even get one album out he needs to help himself before others ok
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:35:38 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2005, 12:36:15 AM »

The song is more of the same crap from this band. Its just done half ass and the next VR album is going to be? very medoicre. Slash and duff really need axl to mold them to be their best because Scott just cant do that with them.

can you do anything without bringing axl in.. if new gnr was doing some of these songs it would be the best thing ever.. rofl

I bet at most you heard this song once... Unlike all the new gnr songs you have played thousands of times and forced yourself to love even if it wasn't your fav hihi
Like shit dave can't you just I didn't like the song without saying they need axl wha wha wha...? Axl can't even get one album out he needs to help himself before others ok

Don't get upset because the song is terrible, its not my fault. I listened to the song a few times and its crap. And what did I say that was not true? All I stated was that Axl pushed slash hard and that is why slashs solos in old gnr were soo much  better.

So instead of attacking me why dont you just try and disprove what I stated. The fact is, the reason that you attacked me and not my statement is because  you know I am 100% right.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005, 08:40:08 AM »

The song is awesome, like all of Contraband (bar one or two songs - not too fond of Illegal I).

But yeah, hopefully the next album will bring more of the same. And Dave, your opinion, like everyone else's isn't "fact." Some people like VR, and some people don't. Please just get over it and stop coming in here bringing up Axl/GNR when it's not relevant, at all, to the discussion.

You mention that Slash needs Axl to pull a great solo out of him. In some ways I agree, yeah, most of the old GNR solos were better than the VR ones, but that doesn't make me want to irrationally hate VR.

What about the other side of the coin anyway, that Axl needs Slash and co. to put a flame under his backside and tell him when to get on with it and record/release an album instead of swanning about ignoring the fans that put him on his pedestal pretending to be important.

Somewhere along the line Axl forgot that it's only rock n' roll. He (and his die-hard fans) seem to take the whole thing way too seriously.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005, 08:48:24 AM »

Like shit dave can't you just I didn't like the song without saying they need axl wha wha wha...? Axl can't even get one album out he needs to help himself before others ok

Don't get upset because the song is terrible, its not my fault. I listened to the song a few times and its crap. And what did I say that was not true? All I stated was that Axl pushed slash hard and that is why slashs solos in old gnr were soo much? better.

So instead of attacking me why dont you just try and disprove what I stated. The fact is, the reason that you attacked me and not my statement is because? you know I am 100% right.

that's horse shit.. Musical taste is all about the individual.. because you don't like it means about as much as me not liking one song from new gnr you love.. I simply said dave if you don't like the song then say it.. That's cool.. it's just you always fimnd the need to say oh this stinks or that stinks because axl isn't there to push them or make them work harder.. I happen to enjoy contraband like many others do, and I likecome on come in also..

Cool you don't like it, man not everything is for everyone.. Just no need for axl needs to be there to make everything you don't like become better..

I enjoy contraband it has a very hard straight foward edge.. I like come on come in, I like the vocals and the guitar..

it's not afd music, but very few songs anywhere are..

What about the other side of the coin anyway, that Axl needs Slash and co. to put a flame under his backside and tell him when to get on with it and record/release an album instead of swanning about ignoring the fans that put him on his pedestal pretending to be important.

Somewhere along the line Axl forgot that it's only rock n' roll. He (and his die-hard fans) seem to take the whole thing way too seriously.

exactly man..
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2005, 04:51:22 PM »

I think Come on Come in sucks compared to most of the songs on Contraband  Angry

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2005, 09:51:50 AM »

I saw this morning on an chanel here in Croatia.
Not much to say about the video,  though, considering someone said it is like Slither II,  must say they indeed seemed to have used Slither idea but unlike Slither,  Come on,  come in is not even close.
Very dissapointed! Huh
I definatelly wouldn't like to see that one on next VR album although,  I am afraid that next VR will be closer to Contrabend then to Snakepit/VR.
One thing I am worried about,  Slash works never repeated themselves.
VR having Matt/Slash/Duff has too much talent to repeat itself...
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »

To-Mass,

peace

MNR

No problem dude, glad you like it... It's definately one of my favorites up there with Loving The Alien, Superhuman and Dirty Little Thing..... I love the fact that VR fans all have their different favorites.. I see alot of People that Love Do It For The Kids, Spectacle and Fall To Pieces and I really don't care for those.... I mean I can listen to them but I skip them more often than not...

Man i agree with you 100%. It seems everyone has or had a different favorite song at one time or another. Usually it seems there is atleast one or two standout tracks that is almost everyone's favorite song but it seems on CB that is not the case. My favorite from almost the first day i had gotten the album was Illegal I, Big Machine, Spectacle and LTA.  I havent listened to the album lately just a killer bootleg from the Toronto show, which if you can find it i highly recommend. It sounds like an official live cd, but live Do IT For The Kids really stands out, i am not a huge fan of the album version but live the song takes on a whole different vibe. The only track i have not liked from day one is Fall To Pieces. I think You Got No Right is much better. I absolutely cannot wait for album 2.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 08:08:43 PM »

Hey everyone this thread isnt new!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: